Melody 5 - Rising Stars

By NeylaNeil

Five girls with one dream - get into a hot new girl group, storm the charts and revel in pop stardom! Can f... More

Melody 5 - Rising Stars
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (i) - Jadine
2 (ii) - Katya
2 (iii) - Amy
2 (iv) - Rhian
2 (v) - Molly
Chapter 3 (i) - Rhian
3 (ii) - Amy
3 (iii) - Molly
3 (iv) - Jadine
3 (v) - Kat
Chapter 4 (i) - Amy
4 (ii) - Molly
4 (iii) - Kat
4 (iv) - Jadine
4 (v) - Rhian
Chapter 5 - (i) Molly
5 (ii) - Amy
5 (iii) - Kat
5 (iv) - Rhian
5 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 6 - (i) Amy
6 (ii) - Molly
6 (iii) - Jadine
6 (iv) - Rhian
6 (v) - Kat
Chapter 7 (i) - Molly
7 (ii) - Rhian
7 (iii) - Amy
7 (iv) - Kat
7 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 8 - (i) Amy
8 (ii) - Jadine
8 (iii) - Kat
8 (iv) - Molly
8 (v) - Rhian
Chapter 9 (i) - Kat
9 (ii) - Jadine
9 (iv) - Rhian
9 (v) - Amy
Chapter 10 (i) - Rhian
10 (ii) - Amy
10 (iii) - Molly
10 (iv) - Kat
10 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 11 (i) - Rhian
11 (ii) - Jadine
11 (iii) - Amy
11 (iv) - Molly
11 (v) - Kat
Chapter 12 (i) - Amy
12 (ii) - Molly
12 (iii) - Rhian
12 (iv) - Jadine
12 (v) - Kat
Chapter 13 (i) - Kat
13 (ii) - Rhian
13 (iii) - Amy
13 (iv) - Molly
13 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 14 (i) - Rhian
14 (ii) - Kat
14 (iii) - Jadine
14 (iv) - Molly
14 (v) - Amy
Chapter 15

9 (iii) - Molly

28 0 0
By NeylaNeil

--- MOLLY ---

It was the second day of their 'no budget' video shoot for Melody Vibe and so far it was going well. Derren wanted the video to capture the free-spirited and upbeat vibe of the track, so he was filming the girls in iconic locations around London in the June sunshine. Yesterday office workers munching their lunch in Hyde Park had been treated to the girls singing their hearts out by Speakers Corner and Rhian falling into the Serpentine. They'd also covered off the South Bank, Leicester Square and had been unceremoniously moved on from outside the gates of Buckingham Palace.

Today they were at Camden Market, although Derren was having trouble getting the girls to concentrate on filming rather than shopping - or in Amy's case, flirting! She'd struck up a cheeky exchange with one of the stall holders which Molly figured was purely to make Derren jealous, but he hadn't shown a flicker of interest, as he was engrossed in setting up Kat's solo shot.

"Just think," daydreamed Rhian. "One day we'll have trailers and make-up artists and someone to make us cups of tea."

"But for now you're stuck with just me," said Derren. "Get the lighting reflector and put it in front of Kat. Cheers, Rhian."

Rhian rolled her eyes and unfolded the reflector.

"We'll be laughing about this one day," said Molly to Jadine.

"I don't mind it," said Jadine. "At least we don't have anyone telling us what we should wear and what we should do."

"No, Rhian!" ordered Derren. "Angle it under Kat's chin."

Molly and Jadine shared a look and giggled. The girls and Lena were all pitching in as Derren's crew and dogsbodies. He'd even filmed them carrying equipment, fetching drinks and checking each other's make up, saying it would make great 'behind the scenes' footage for an extra little vid.

"Right Kat, we're good to go!" shouted Derren. "Molly, press play!"

Molly duly hit play on the iPod they'd connected to a little speaker and Kat shyly mimed her sections of the track.

"She should give it more oomph!" whispered Amy, who'd come over to join them.

"I think she's great as she is," said Molly.

"Sometimes less is more,Amy" sing-songed Jadine.

"Oh really," smiled Amy, not missing Jadine's gentle dig at her, before returning to her flirtation with the stall-holder.

As Kat sang her sections of the track, Molly couldn't help her eyes being drawn to Derren behind the camera. He was confident and assured, yet still open to suggestions from the girls. It seemed as though he didn't have such a high opinion of himself since the showcase, and as far as Molly was concerned it was an attractive change.

She'd thought it would be awkward working with Derren after what happened, but from the moment he'd come back on the scene, he'd been nothing but friendly and polite to all the girls - although he retained his trademark 'brusqueness' when pushing the girls to do their best.

Molly had even managed to chat with him about the 'showcase incident'. Last week, Derren and the girls had got together to work on ideas and choreography for the videos. Amy had blagged a rehearsal room at Infinity Dance Studios - Molly guessed she didn't want Derren at the house. Molly had returned to the rehearsal room to collect her water bottle and Derren had still been there looking through his storyboards. They'd both been a little stunned to find themselves alone together.

"Hey, wait a sec," said Derren, as Molly turned to leave. She didn't want Amy to find them and think anything was going on.

"How've you been?" he asked.

"Good," said Molly, clearing her throat which had suddenly gone dry. "You?"

"Yeah, pretty good," said Derren.

There was an awkward moment, which both of them tried to fill...

"Listen, that thing at the showcase..." said Derren, at the same time as Molly said, "So, about the showcase..."

They both stopped and smiled.

"I know it's customary for ladies to go first," said Derren. "But can I get something off my chest first?"

Molly nodded.

"I was a total dick!" said Derren. "I don't know what came over me! When I like a girl I usually put on a few decent moves before hitting her with a declaration like that. In fact I don't think I've ever made a declaration like that. Which was probably why it made you laugh your head off."

Molly couldn't help smiling at his sincerity and the fact that he was glowing a slight shade of pink. In fact she found it kind of endearing.

"Anyway, although I still find you highly attractive," he said, with a saucy twinkle in his sexy blue eyes. "You don't have to worry about fending off any more ridiculous revelations from me. We're work mates now - nothing more."

Molly didn't know why she felt ever so slightly disappointed by that statement, but she did. Even so, she knew it was for the best.

"Now, your turn," said Derren, returning to his usual businesslike manner.

Molly wondered whether she should tell him about the white lie she'd told Amy. After all, if he and Amy got close again, it was bound to come up and he'd wonder what the hell Amy was going on about. She decided honesty was the best policy.

"I told Amy that I came on to you at the showcase," she blurted out.

"What? Why?" asked Derren.

"Because she thought you'd come on to me, and I thought it wouldn't make her feel as bad, if I said it was the other way around."

"You did that for me?" asked Derren, incredulously.

"No," said Molly. "I did it for Amy. She was feeling pretty low and I didn't want her to feel any worse."

"Right," said Derren, as he took it all in. "And was she cool about it?"

"She seemed to be," said Molly. "But only because she thought I didn't know you and her were... Well, whatever you were to each other."

"It was just a fun fling," said Derren. "Amy knew that."

"Her head might have known that," said Molly. "But her heart didn't."

Derren at least had the decency to look shame-faced.

"Amy's a great girl," he muttered. "She'll bounce back!"

"Bounce back?" said Molly. "And to the think I almost thought..."

Molly turned on her heel and headed for the door.

"Thought what?" yelled Derren after her.

"Never mind," said Molly as she yanked open the door. "As you said, we're work mates now - nothing more!"

"That was great, Kat," called out Derren, raising his voice to heard in the busy market. "Right Molly, time for your solo sync."

Molly had been thinking so hard about that exchange with Derren in the rehearsal room that it took her a moment to realise now he wanted to film her solo shot for the video. She soothed down her hair, cleared her throat and handed the iPod to Jadine. As she stood in front of the camera, she suddenly felt self-conscious. She'd been fine filming the group shots with the girls, but now, with Derren's directorial gaze fixed solely on her, she felt awkward and tense.

"A bit to your left," ordered Derren. "And chin up."

Molly did as he commanded and wondered what Derren was thinking as he stared down the lens at her. Her throat felt dry so she licked her lips then instantly regretted it - what if Amy thought she was coming onto him?

Her eyes darted across to Amy, who was still merrily flirting away with the stall-holder, but occasionally looking over at Molly and Derren.

"Nah, this is no good," announced Derren. "Let's go down by the canal."

"Will you need this?" asked Rhian, holding up the reflector.

"No. The sun's back out, we'll have more natural light."

"Thank God for that," blurted Rhian. "My arms are killing me!"

As the girls trooped down to the canal, Derren walked next to Molly. "Just relax," he said. "It's not me behind the lens, but your potential fans. You've got to share this great track with him. And have fun!"

Molly gave a gentle laugh, relieved Derren had picked up on her worries and knew how to settle them.

"Here's good," said Derren, stopping at the side of the canal and positioning Molly against the lock. As he lined up the shot and the girls looked on, Molly gazed at the water. The words to the song that Kat had written, Same Star, popped into her head as she watched the ripples dance in the sunlight.

Your ripples soothe me

They take me to a place I never knew

All of you, can move me.

As Molly started to sing in front of the camera, she didn't think about her potential fans watching her, just Derren McKenzie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 196 35
Two girls get selected to go on tour with 5sos.
5.1K 234 21
Five best girlfriends. Five gorgeous boy band members. Love? That'll never happen.. Right?
11K 189 10
the title is pretty self explanitory. trigger warning ⚠️ abuse, self harm, eating disorders, deppresion, suicide,
6.3M 156K 52
Girls are girls, and boys are.. Well boys. Ashley, Lucy, Moe, Alyssa, and, Jessica are five bestfriends who go to summer camp every summer and it is...