Melody 5 - Rising Stars

Od NeylaNeil

Five girls with one dream - get into a hot new girl group, storm the charts and revel in pop stardom! Can f... Více

Melody 5 - Rising Stars
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (i) - Jadine
2 (ii) - Katya
2 (iii) - Amy
2 (iv) - Rhian
2 (v) - Molly
Chapter 3 (i) - Rhian
3 (ii) - Amy
3 (iii) - Molly
3 (iv) - Jadine
3 (v) - Kat
Chapter 4 (i) - Amy
4 (ii) - Molly
4 (iii) - Kat
4 (iv) - Jadine
4 (v) - Rhian
Chapter 5 - (i) Molly
5 (ii) - Amy
5 (iii) - Kat
5 (iv) - Rhian
5 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 6 - (i) Amy
6 (ii) - Molly
6 (iii) - Jadine
6 (iv) - Rhian
6 (v) - Kat
Chapter 7 (i) - Molly
7 (ii) - Rhian
7 (iii) - Amy
7 (iv) - Kat
7 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 8 - (i) Amy
8 (ii) - Jadine
8 (iii) - Kat
8 (v) - Rhian
Chapter 9 (i) - Kat
9 (ii) - Jadine
9 (iii) - Molly
9 (iv) - Rhian
9 (v) - Amy
Chapter 10 (i) - Rhian
10 (ii) - Amy
10 (iii) - Molly
10 (iv) - Kat
10 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 11 (i) - Rhian
11 (ii) - Jadine
11 (iii) - Amy
11 (iv) - Molly
11 (v) - Kat
Chapter 12 (i) - Amy
12 (ii) - Molly
12 (iii) - Rhian
12 (iv) - Jadine
12 (v) - Kat
Chapter 13 (i) - Kat
13 (ii) - Rhian
13 (iii) - Amy
13 (iv) - Molly
13 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 14 (i) - Rhian
14 (ii) - Kat
14 (iii) - Jadine
14 (iv) - Molly
14 (v) - Amy
Chapter 15

8 (iv) - Molly

36 0 0
Od NeylaNeil

--- MOLLY ---

“I didn’t like her,” announced Amy.

“But she was amaaazing!” said Jadine.

“There was something about her I couldn’t put my finger on,” said Amy.  “She was weird!”

“She was unique!” challenged Jadine.  “And that’s what we need.”

Amy and Jadine were at loggerheads again and Molly was waiting for the right moment to intervene.

“I preferred the third girl - Emily,” asserted Amy.

“She was identikit stage school moppet!” yelled Jadine.

I went to stage school,” shouted Amy.

“Then we’ve already got that covered!”

Molly thought now was definitely the right moment – before Jadine or Amy said something they’d regret.

“Let’s vote!” said Molly, in her best teacherly tone. 

“Fine by me,” snapped Jadine.

“And me,” seethed Amy.

“And because we’re an even number,” added Molly, “Lena should have the casting vote.”

Everyone nodded.

“So,” said Molly.  “All in favour of Emily, raise your hands.”

Amy lifted her hand and was slowly followed by Rhian.

“I liked Kat,” blushed Rhian.  “But is she really girl band material?”

“My point exactly!” said Amy.

“And all in favour of Kat…” said Molly.

Instantly Jadine raised her hand and was followed by Molly.

Two votes each.

Then slowly Lena raised her hand.  “I vote for Kat too,” she said.

“Kat it is!” said Molly, sharing a small smile with Jadine and Lena.

“Fine,” said Amy.  “But don’t blame me when she bums out.”

And with that Amy flounced out of the room. 

“What’s gotten into her today?” said Jadine.

Molly had no idea, but she’d noticed that Amy had been off all day.  So just like she had when Georgia had stormed out of this same room all those weeks ago, Molly raced after Amy.  However, unlike that fateful day, she managed to catch up with Amy, just as she was about to head into Covent Garden tube.

“Hey,” said Molly, as she grabbed Amy’s sleeve.  “What’s going on?”

Amy quickly spun round and Molly thought was going to get an earful of abuse but instead Amy let out a groan.  “Now Sherri’s gone, Jadine thinks she’s in charge.”

“She just wants what’s best for the band,” said Molly.  “We all do.”

“But I really need it to work out this time,” moaned Amy.  “Now I’m back home, my dad’s on at me every day about underlay and overheads.  He thinks I’ll be selling carpets with him by the end of the year!”

Molly chuckled. 

“I’m serious.  I’m 21, Molly.  This might not happen for me.  Maybe I should save my dad the bother of convincing me, pack this in and join him now.”

Molly reached out and squeezed Amy’s hand.  This is exactly what she’d feared for her sister when they’d auditioned for the band - a lifetime of rejection and disappointment, which was perfectly captured in Amy right in this moment. 

Now Molly had chosen the same path – who knew if it would work out for her?  Or Amy?  Or any of them?  But surely they had to keep trying. 

“My boyfriend, Josh, says I have to choose between him and the band,” announced Molly suddenly.

“What?  Why?” asked Amy.

“He thought the band had potential when Sherri was with us, but now he thinks it’s a silly dream.  He says I should go back home or…”

“Or, what?”

“It’s over between us!”

“Does he even know how crazy talented you are?” fumed Amy.  “How hard you’re working down here?  How you deserve to follow your dreams?  You shouldn’t have to make that choice unless you really want to.”

“And neither do you,” said Molly, squeezing Amy’s hand again.

Amy smiled as she realised what Molly had done.  “Point taken,” she conceded.

“Amy, I don’t think you’re ready to give up on this yet,” said Molly.  “You wouldn’t have arranged for us to stay at your parents if you didn’t believe in us, or yourself.”

Amy gave a rueful smile.  “Kat’s not so bad I suppose.”

“She’s amazing,” said Molly.  “And so are you!  We all are!”

Amy laughed.  “There’s no need to go overboard now.”

For the first time since she’d joined the band Molly felt a genuine closeness with Amy rather than a friendly camaraderie.  It reminded her of the bond she’d lost with Georgia and for a moment she felt a twinge of sadness.  Amy must have noticed and thought it was about Josh.

“Are you upset about your boyfriend?” she asked.

“A little,” said Molly.  “He’s a nice guy, but I can’t be with someone who doesn’t understand me.”

“So have you finished with him?” asked Amy.

“Not yet,” said Molly.  “But I will.”

“Do you love him?”

“I thought I did, but if I’m willing to give him up, I can’t have done,” mused Molly.

“That’s not necessarily true,” said Amy.  “I gave someone up I was in love with.”

Molly suddenly felt embarrassed, but couldn’t stop herself from asking.  “Was it Derren?”

Amy was clearly taken aback. “How did you know?”

“Just a guess.”

“But now I think he’s moved onto someone else,” said Amy, steadfastly holding Molly’s gaze.

“Really?” asked Molly, suddenly regretting her bold question.

“Molly, did something happen between you and Derren?  Because on the night of the showcase I could tell something intense was going on between you.”

“I just didn’t want him to tell anyone about the new song,” said Molly, which was true.

“It seemed like more than that,” probed Amy.

Molly wanted to tell her the truth, but wouldn’t it hurt Amy to know that Derren had come on to her while Amy still had feelings for him?  Especially as Amy was so down on herself right now.  There was only one way round it.

“I came on to Derren at the showcase,” said Molly. 

Even to Molly’s own ears it sounded ridiculous, but now she’d said, she had to go with it.

“But he didn’t want me,” she babbled on.  “He said there was someone else.”

Amy looked stunned.

“I’m sorry,” said Molly.  “I didn’t know you two had been together, otherwise I wouldn’t have done anything.”

“Derren knocked you back?”

“Yes,” said Molly. 

She hated lying but at least Amy’s feelings were intact. 

“But it was just a stupid crush,” laughed Molly.  “I’m over it now – thank goodness!”

“Well, he does have that effect on girls,” smiled Amy.  “But I’m surprised you fell for it.  I thought Rhian would have been the one to throw herself at him.”

Molly laughed, but inside was cringing. 

“So you don’t hate me?”

“Course not,” said Amy.  “I mean, you didn’t know what had gone on with us.”

Molly breathed a sigh of relief.  It seemed to have worked.  As long as they didn’t have to see Derren McKenzie again, Molly thought this would all blow over.

“Come on,” said Amy, linking arms with Molly.  “Let’s go back to the dance studio.  See if they’ve called Kat yet.”

As Amy pulled her along, Molly’s mind was racing.  So Amy definitely had feelings for Derren after all.  Molly was glad she’d rejected his advances and that she hadn’t hurt Amy by telling her what really happened.

The trouble was… ever since the showcase, Molly had found herself thinking more and more about Derren McKenzie. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

415K 1.8K 8
You and your band, Hopelessly Devoted, are going on your first tour. You just came out to the world and you're feeling happier than ever. When the gi...
110K 2.7K 30
Ever sense you were born your brothers wanted to keep you safe and happy. Your 7 brothers are all you have left when it comes to family. Your parents...
32.7K 361 102
Stray kids, oneshots, etc! straykids x female reader 18+ content only! You have been warned! None of the chapters are edited! So im sorry for any e...
4.9K 196 35
Two girls get selected to go on tour with 5sos.