Loving A Luthor

By caitlinneil7

Kara Danvers, a.k.a. Supergirl, never thought she'd fall in love with a Luthor, Lena Luthor, her best friend... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Epilogue

Chapter Five

7.5K 186 121
By caitlinneil7

Kara groaned as she came to, her body was aching and she had a headache.

"Kara, thank god." Alex breathed, she took Kara's hand.

"Lena, where's Lena." Kara breathed.

"She's fine. She's sleeping." Alex pointed across the room to where Lena was curled up in a ball after crying herself to sleep.

Closing her eyes, the Super takes a deep breath. "It was Lillian."

"We know, Lena told us. We've got people out looking for her." Alex said.

"I almost couldn't protect her." Kara whispers.

"But you did. She's alive. Scared but alive." Alex said. "She's doubting herself though."

Kara moves to get up, already starting to feel better.

"Stay under the lights." Alex said.

"I'm fine, I need to check on her." Kara responds.

"She's fine." Alex said. "I checked her over when she fell asleep. She wouldn't let me check her when she was awake. She's broken, Kara. Her mother scared her."

Nodding her head, Kara gets up anyways and moves over to Lena.

"Kara, come sit down." Alex said. "She's fine, physically. Mentally, not so much. Seeing her mother has messed with her head. She's doubting herself - she's doubting how much good she can do."

Kara doesn't listen, reaching out and gently caressing Lena's cheek.

Lena shifted in her sleep, grunting adorably.

A soft smile grows on Kara's lips as she watches the younger girl.

Lena opened her mouth slightly and began drooling in her sleep, her eyes fluttering slightly.

Giggling, Kara leans down and gently kisses her after wiping her lips.

Lena's eyes fluttered in her sleep.

"I love you." the honey-blonde whispers.

The dark haired girl shifted in her sleep.

Sighing, Kara sits down beside the bed and just watches Lena sleep.

"I'll leave you two alone." Alex said, getting up and leaving the room. She sighed and glanced back at her sister.

She'd never seen Kara this happy or worried at the same time.

Kara continued to play with Lena's hair.

****

"Hey, how do you feel?" Kara asks softly when Lena walks into their room.

"Tired. I have a headache." Lena complained.

Smiling warmly, the blonde holds her arms open. "Come here."

Lena moved over to Kara.

Wrapping her arms around the younger girl, Kara kisses her forehead. "Would you like a bubble bath?"

Lena shook her head.

"A massage?" The blonde asks.

Lean shook her head again. "Just hold me." She whispered.

"Okay." Kara whispers, leaning back on the bed and pulling Lena with her.

Lena curled into Kara.

"I've got you." The blonde says softly, holding her close and rubbing her back.

Lena sighed quietly. "Can we order food in, I can't be bothered cooking?"

"As long as I can get potstickers." Kara responds instantly.

Lena nodded, not in the mood to argue with Kara over what they eat.

Grinning, Kara reaches over and grabs her phone.

Lena rested her head on Kara's shoulder and squeezed her eyes closed.

The Super began ordering their food.

Lena listened to Kara's voice, breathing slowly.

Once their food is order, Kara hangs up and curls around her, closing her eyes.

Lena wrapped her hands around Kara's shirt.

"Food will be here in thirty minutes." Kara mumbles, relaxing against the bed.

Lena only nodded slowly.

The Super was starting to drift off, knowing she'd wake up as soon as the food arrived.

Lena was already out.

A knock on the door instantly wakes Kara and she gets up without waking Lena.

Lena curled around a pillow.

Moving to the door, she gets her food and smiles warmly at the delivery person before closing it. She looked at Lena, debating waking the younger girl.

"Lena," she calls out softly, knowing she needed to wake the younger girl so she'd eat.

Lena didn't respond.

Chuckling, Kara sets the food down and climbs on the bed, placing kisses all over Lena's face.

Lena scrunched up her face and wriggled.

The blonde continues kissing Lena's face until she wakes up. "Food's here."

Lena groaned, rubbing her face with her hands. She yawned.

"Hi sleepyhead." Kara teases, placing a kiss on Lena's lips.

Lena just stared at Kara, she wasn't actually that hungry.

"Do you want something go eat? If not I'll put some away in the fridge for you." The super says softly.

Lena simply shook her head, she rubbed her head.

Nodding her head, Kara kisses her once more and heads back into the kitchen.

Lena curled up on the bed again.

Kara put some food in the fridge for Lena before instantly beginning to eat. She ate all of her food while watching Lena sleep.

Once she's done eating the Super heads back to the bed and crawls in beside Lena.

Lena curled into Kara.

Smiling, Kara wraps her arms around Lena and relaxes, instantly falling asleep.

****

When Kara woke up, she could hear the shower running and Lena wasn't in her arms.

Getting up, Kara makes her way to the bathroom, stripping her clothes and making her way into the shower.

Lena had her back to Kara, her long dark hair flowing down her back.

Smiling, Kara slowly wraps her arms around Lena's waist and kisses her shoulder.

Lena jumped in her arms. "I thought you were still asleep."

"I woke up and you weren't there." Kara responds softly.

Lena nodded slowly.

Kara shifts and begins placing kisses along Lena's shoulder.

Lena shivered.

"I was cold without you." The Super responds softly.

Lena didn't respond, her eyes on her feet.

"What's wrong?" Kara asks softly, turning Lena around and lifting her head to look into her eyes.

Lena shook her head. "Just thinking about work." She whispered.

"What about it?" Kara asks, pulling Lena closer and kissing her cheek.

"I've just got a lot of things to do." Lena whispered.

Nodding her head, Kara leans in and connects their lips together in a slow and passionate kiss.

Lena's eyes fluttered closed.

The blonde began to caress Lena's hips as their kiss intensified.

Lena reached up and wrapped her arms around Kara's neck.

Smiling into the kiss, Kara slips her tongue past the younger girl's lips.

Lena tilted her head to the side.

Moaning softly, Kara reaches down and lifts Lena up, leaning her back against the shower wall.

Lean shivered, the wall was cold against her skin.

Their kiss quickly grew heated and Kara was struggling not to give into the desire to touch Lena.

Lena wrapped her arms around Kara's neck and tangled her fingers through Kara's long hair.

Reaching between them, Kara runs her fingers along Lena's center, feeling how wet she is.

Lena shivered in Kara's arms.

Pulling out of the kiss, Kara can't help but gasp at how wet the younger girl is.

Lena rested her head on Kara's shoulder.

Slowly, Kara slips two fingers inside of Lena and begins thrusting at a steady pace.

Lena's heart began racing in her chest, she gasped. A quiet moan left her mouth.

Smiling, the Super shifts slightly and continues the movement.

Lena gripped Kara's hair in her hands.

Moaning softly, the Super leans down and attaches her lips to Lena's neck.

Lena moaned quietly.

Kara sucks on Lena's pulse gently, continuing her movements as she works to bring the younger girl to the edge.

Lena's eyes fluttered.

It wasn't long before Lena crashed over the edge.

Lena's smaller body slumped against Kara's.

"I love you." Kara whispers softly.

"I love you too." Lena whispered.

Pulling away, Kara helps Lena stand up again. "We should probably finish this shower."

Lena opened her eyes and lifted her head off of Kara's shoulder. She shook her head and turned them so that Kara was against the wall. She ran her fingers down Kara's toned body and began gently caressing the older girl's clit. She watched her hands the whole time, not making eye-contact with the blonde girl. Her hair fell in front of her face, shielding her from Kara.

A low moan escapes Kara, her back arching against the wall.

Once Kara was wet, Lena slipped her fingers inside the older girl.

"Lena," Kara moans out, her back arching once more.

A small smile crossed Lena's lips as she began to pump her fingers in and out of Kara.

Soft moans were escaping the blonde as pleasure coursed through her entire body.

Lena continued to move her fingers, adding another finger.

It didn't take long before Kara crashed over the edge.

Lena slowly pulled her hand out of Kara and looked up at Kara, she smiled at Kara.

"That was amazing." Kara breathes out softly.

Lena rested her head on Kara's shoulder.

"I love you." Kara says softly.

"Love you too." Lena whispered.

Smiling, Kara takes a deep breath. "Marry me?"

Lena lifted her head off of Kara's shoulder and looked into her eyes.

"I'm serious, Marry me Lena." Kara says softly, searching emerald eyes that had become her kryptonite.

Lena swallowed. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She could only manage a small nod.

Grinning, Kara leans in and kisses her passionately before pulling way. "Let's finish our shower and get dressed so I can give you a proper proposal."

Lena suddenly, without warning, pulled Kara into her arms and hugged her. "Thank you." She whispered.

"For what?" The blonde asks softly, wrapping her arms around Lena in confusion.

"Loving me when no one else does. For believing in me." Lena whispered.

The Super tightened her grip on Lena, making sure it wasn't too tight. "Always."

Lena nuzzled Kara's shoulder.

"I need to heat the water up." Kara says softly.

Lena nodded and let Kara go.

Stepping back, Kara uses her heat vision to warm the water up enough for them to finish their shower.

Lena swallowed. "What's your view on children?" She asked randomly.

"I haven't thought about that, I mean being supergirl could make it difficult." Kara says softly, her blue eyes filled with thought. "I would love to have children but I just don't think it would be a good idea. Not with what I deal with on a daily basis. I wouldn't have the time between working at CatCo and the DEO, plus being a superhero."

Lena only nodded in response.

Kara swallowed thickly and searched Lena's eyes. "I'm sorry."

Lena shook her head. "Don't be. I was just curious."

Nodding her head, Kara turns to finish her shower, missing the single tear that rolls down Lena's cheek.

Lena wanted kids with Kara, she wanted that more than anything.

Lena shook her head and wiped her face.

****

"I think I screwed things up big time." Kara complains as she drops onto the couch between Maggie and Alex.

Maggie frowns slightly. "Little Danvers, did you eat my vegan ice cream again?"

Making a face, Kara instantly shakes her head. "Gross, no."

"What's the issue then?" Alex asked.

"I told Lena I don't want kids and now she's pulling away from me." The kryptonian whines, looking at her sister with big and sad blue eyes.

Alex frowned. "I didn't think you were that far into your relationship." She said.

"Yeah well I asked her to marry me and she said yes but then she brought up kids and now she's being distant." Kara complains.

"I need alcohol." Maggie mumbles, moving to get up.

"Maybe she's just stressed about LCorp." Alex suggested. She looked at Maggie. "What's wrong with you?"

Maggie doesn't respond until after taking a healthy gulp from her now empty glass of scotch. "All this talk about kids."

"Seriously? This conversation isn't about us. It's about Kara and Lena." Alex said.

Lena came into the apartment quietly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Maggie asks, frowning in annoyance. "That we can't have our own discussions?"

"We can but not right now." Alex said.

Kara frowned, looking between them. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come here." she mumbles, getting up and rushing out the door, not even noticing Lena.

"Kara!" Alex called, she got up and moved to follow her sister.

Sighing, Maggie moves to the couch and sits down. "Scotch?" She asks, offering the bottle to Lena.

Lena nodded, she took the bottle from Maggie. "Thanks." She sat down.

Nodding her head, Maggie leans back and takes a drink from her completely full to the brim glass. "Anytime."

Lena poured herself a glass and took a long drink. The liquid burned her throat. She didn't really like alcohol but the pain helped her to stop thinking.

"So I hear Kara told you she didn't want kids." Maggie says randomly, looking over at her. "I told Alex the same thing myself."

Lena nodded, she pushed her fingers through her black hair. "I didn't think I'd ever want kids. I didn't think I'd ever be with anyone long enough to think about kids and then I met Kara." She told Maggie. "Kara was the first person I'd ever met who didn't judge me by my name."

"Kara's, well she's.... Yeah.... I got nothing Kid." Maggie mumbles, taking another drink.

Lena took another drink too, she sighed. "Why don't you want kids?"

"My parents kicked me out the moment they found out I was gay, I was sent to live with my aunt." Maggie sighs and runs a hand through her hair. "I don't think I'd be a good mom."

"My dad killed himself, I watched my mother drown and didn't do anything about it and my stepmother and brother are psychopaths." Lena said. "Maybe I won't make a good mother." She gulped down the rest of the alcohol.

Maggie just grabs the scotch and pours more into her glass, not saying anything as they both continue feeling sorry for themselves. "Here's to bad childhoods." she finally says after a moment, holding up her glass.

Lena filled her own glass. "Bad childhoods."

"Seriously? I leave to catch my sister and you're both drinking like sad sacks?" Alex asks in exasperation, looking between her fiancé and Lena.

Shame filled Lena and she looked down.

Maggie frowns and looks up at Alex. "We were talking."

Lena's grip on the glass in her hands tightened with anger at herself. She underestimated how strong she was and how much pressure she could put on the glass. Eventually the glass smashed in her hands, glass sinking into her skin and the liquid spilling everywhere.

"Oh my god!" Alex calls out while Maggie is quick to grab a clean towel and put it under Lena's hands.

"Get me the medkit Danvers." She calls out, looking at her fiancé.

Lena didn't seem bothered by the glass in her skin she stared at her hands blankly.

Alex went to find their medkit.

"Hey, look at me." Maggie says softly, nudging Lena.

Lena slowly looked up, staring at Maggie blankly.

Alex returned with the medkit.

"You have done nothing wrong, we were just talking much like Alex and Kara." Maggie says, cleaning the glass from Lena's hands.

Lena pulled her hand from Maggie's. "Leave it."

"No." Maggie responds, grabbing Lena's hands and continuing to clean them.

Lena winced and tried to pull her hands away. "Stop."

The cop doesn't stop until Lena's hands were cleaned and bandaged.

Lena pulled her hands away and sat them on her legs which were wet from the alcohol. She stared at the bandages.

Gently, Maggie lifts her hands and grabs another towel to wipe her legs.

Lena covered her face with her hands in shame.

"I came as soon as I saw your message." Kara breathes out as she walks through the front door. "What happened?" She asks, moving over to Lena.

Maggie explained what happened as Lena sat in silence, her face still covered by her hands.

Kneeling in front of the younger girl, Kara grabs her hands gently and moves them. "Hey, talk to me."

"I... I won't be a good mom." Lena whispered.

Kara instantly shakes her head. "You will be an amazing mom."

Lena shook her head.

"Yes, you're nothing like Lillian. You're beautiful, smart, caring." Kara leans in and gently presses her lips against Lena's. "You are amazing."

"I watched my mother die. I stood back and watched her drown." Lena said.

Taking a deep breath, Kara searches Lena's eyes. "That wasn't your fault, you were only four years old."

"I could have done something." Lena whispered.

"No you couldn't have Lena, you were four." Kara responds softly.

Lena burst into tears, pulling her hands from Kara's and digging her nails into her hands.

Sighing, Kara stands up. "I should go."

"Kara, don't. She needs you." Alex said.

The Super shakes her head. "No, she clearly has Maggie." the blonde responds before rushing off.

"Kara!" Alex yelled after her sister.

Maggie just rolls her eyes, taking another drink of her scotch.

Lena got up. She reached for her jacket and moved to leave, forgetting her phone, keys and shoes. She left before Alex could stop her.

"Great, what the hell did you say to her?" Alex asks, turning toward her fiancé.

Maggie looks up at her and frowns. "Nothing, we talked about our relationship problems and then toasted to bad childhoods."

Alex sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "I promised Kara I would be there for her and now she won't even look at me." She slumped down on the couch.

Maggie gets up and grabs another bottle of scotch before moving back over to the couch and sitting down. "Shoot, I forgot another glass."

"I think you've had enough." Alex said, reaching to take the bottle from Maggie's hands.

"Wha- but... Alex.." Maggie whines, trying to grab the bottle again.

"Maggie." Alex said.

The cop rolls her eyes and drops back against the couch, grumbling to herself.

Alex rolled her eyes.

Maggie was practically out of it, having made herself almost blackout drunk.

"Come on, bedtime." Alex moves to help Maggie to her feet.

Shaking her head, Maggie pulls away. "Sleep is for the weak."

"Bed now!" Alex said firmly.

Rolling her eyes, Maggie forces herself to stand up before stumbling.

Alex moved to help Maggie.

"I'm fine." the brunette mumbles.

"No you're not." Alex said.

Maggie just frowns in confusion. "When do you get back?"

"Huh?" Alex asked.

"I saw the papers in your drawer." The cop mumbles. "You're going somewhere."

"I'm not going anywhere. Those papers are for Kara. She wants... or wanted.. to take Lena away for a while, stop her thinking so much. It's supposed to be a surprise for Lena's birthday next week." Alex said. "But I don't know if that'll happen now."

Tears were in Maggie's eyes as she looked at Alex. "You're not leaving me?"

"Why would I leave you? Maggie, I love you." Alex said.

"But I don't want kids and you do." The cop responds sadly.

"Forget about that." Alex said.

Maggie stumbles into Alex's arms and buries her face in the younger girl's neck.

Alex wrapped her arms around Maggie and kissed her head.

The older girl's body was starting to become deadweight as she finally fell unconscious.

Alex lifted Maggie into her arms and carried her into their room. She lay the older girl on the bed and lay down beside her. 

The older girl instantly curls around Alex, her arms wrapped around the younger girl.

Alex closed her eyes and it wasn't long before she drifted off to sleep.

****

Three days had passed and no one had seen or heard from Lena. Kara was worried. She was now forced to report the younger girl to the police as missing.

"I'm sure she's fine Kara, maybe she just needed space." Winn says as they walk through the DEO.

Kara shook her head. "Lena wouldn't just go missing. I have no way of contacting her. She left her phone and keys at Alex's house and she had no shoes on." She pushed her glasses up her nose. "I'm worried about her."

"We'll find her." Winn promises softly.

Kara didn't respond. She began pacing anxiously.

"We will Kara." Alex says, walking into the room. "Maggie already has the police looking for her."

Kara looked up at Alex. "I'm scared." She admitted. "What if something really bad has happened to her?"

"I know Kara, but there's nothing we can do until we get a hit." Alex says softly.

Kara could only manage a nod.

"We just need to have faith." Alex tells her, reaching over and squeezing her hand.

Kara closed her eyes and pressed her hand to her forehead.

"We got a hit. Someone just called in a hit and run, black haired female in her early twenties is severely injured." Winn said.

"Lena." Kara pulled off her glasses and opened her shirt to reveal her Supergirl costume.

"Go, we'll meet you there." Alex tells her sister instantly.

Kara nodded. She changed into her Supergirl suit and flew out of the large open window of the DEO.

When she arrived at the hit and run site, the girl lay on the middle of the road, unmoving, breathing lightly. She had a massive cut on her forehead and a broken leg.

"Lena." She breathes out, instantly moving to the girl and kneeling beside her.

The girl had no shoes on and her feet were covered in cuts and bruises.

"Oh my god!" Maggie calls out as she rushes forward, stopping beside Kara.

"Lena." Kara breathed. "Please, breathe."

Reaching around Kara, Maggie begins to perform. CPR.

"Where's the ambulance?" Kara asked. She couldn't hear it approaching.

"It should've been here by now." Maggie responds, releasing a relieved breath as Lena's eyes slowly open.

Lena couldn't get her eyes to focus until she saw Kara.

"Hi, you've had me worried." Kara says softly, reaching out and gently caressing her cheek.

Lena could only manage to wince in response, her eyes conveying confusion and fear.

"I'm going to take her to the hospital." Kara tells Maggie, gently lifting her up.

Lena looked around her, confused as to who this woman was and why she could lift her.

Standing up, Kara quickly flies Lena to the hospital.

Lena was scared now, so scared that she slipped back into her unconscious state.

****

"Hey, is she okay?" Alex asks, moving up to Kara in the waiting room.

"I don't know. They rushed her into surgery for a broken leg, rib, and internal bleeding. No one has told me anything." Kara said.

Frowning, Alex sits beside her and grabs her hand. "I'm sorry sis."

"I'm scared Alex. This is all my fault." Kara said.

"No it's not." Alex responds, wrapping her other arm around Kara.

"If I had just stayed with her she wouldn't have run off." Kara said.

Shaking her head, Alex sighs softly. "That's not true and you know it."

"Family of Lena Luthor?" A doctor came out and called upon them.

Kara and Alex both instantly stand up, looking at the doctor.

"The surgery was successful. She's asleep just now but you can see her. She did hit her head pretty hard so there may be some underlying brain damage but we won't know until she wakes up." The doctor said.

"Can we see her?" Kara asks softly.

"Yes." The doctor said.

Kara and Alex get up and follow behind the doctor toward Lena's room.

Lena was lying on her back, sleeping soundlessly. She had her left foot in a cast and stitches on her forehead.

Moving over to the bed, Kara sits down and gently grabs Lena's hand.

Alex sat down beside her sister. "She'll be alright." She rested her hand on her sister's shoulder.

"Will she?" The Super asks, looking up at Alex.

Alex nodded.

****

Several weeks passed and Lena had finally woken up, she was healing pretty well but her memory wasn't that good. She didn't remember much, every now and then things would come back to her. She didn't remember Kara was Supergirl.

"Hey," Kara says softly, sitting down beside Lena.

Lena lifted her head and looked at Kara.

"Feeling any better?" the blonde asks softly.

"My head still hurts." Lena said, she pressed her hand to forehead, over her scar, and winced.

Smiling softly, Kara leans over and places her lips against Lena's forehead. "Do you want me to get a doctor?"

Lena shook her head. "Why do you keep visiting me?"

"Because you're my girlfriend." Kara explains softly.

"Girlfriend." Lena echoed, she could remember things from her past but the last five years was a mystery to her.

Nodding her head, Kara takes a deep breath. "Well fiancé."

Lena nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." The blue eyed girl whispers softly. "It's my fault."

Lena furrowed her brows, she shook her head. "I don't know what happened but I do know it wasn't your fault."

"We had an argument because I told you I didn't want to have kids." Kara says softly.

"I want kids?" Lena asked, confused.

The blonde nods her head and smiles softly. "You do."

Lena took a deep breath and looked down at her hands.

"I know you don't remember, but the doctor said if we keep talking about things and I show you pictures it might help." the blue eyed girl says softly.

Lena nodded, she rubbed her eyes, feeling tired.

Smiling softly, Kara leans back in her chair and grabs her laptop. "You should get some sleep, we'll talk more when you wake up."

Lena released a long breath and rolled onto her side.

Kara opens her laptop and silently begins working on an article for Catco.

****

Lena was disrupted from her sleep by the nurse bringing her food to her. She groaned and rubbed her eyes, sitting up slowly.

"Oh hi there." The nurse says softly.

Lena looked up at the nurse and yawned.

"I brought you some food." The woman says softly.

Rubbing her eyes, Lena looked down at the tray of food. "I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure sweetheart?" The nurse asks softly.

Lena nodded. "I'm not hungry." She repeated.

"Okay, well I'll leave this here in case you do get hungry." She says, placing the tray down and leaving the room.

Lena only nodded.

Two hours later

"Hey, sorry I'm late." Kara says softly, making her way into the room.

Lena looked up. "Hi."

"I brought you some books." the blonde says softly, moving over to the bed and pressing a kiss to Lena's cheek.

"Books about what?" Lena asked.

Shrugging, Kara sits down. "I don't know, they were on your nightstand, you used to read them all the time."

"They were on my nightstand?" Lena asked.

Kara nodded and pulled the first book out of the bag. She passed it to Lena.

Lena opened the book to the first page. Scribbled on the page above the title was:

Have a great summer roomy, see you in September. Love Felicity Smoak.

A small smile crossed Lena's face. "Felicity." She whispered, running her fingers across the writing.

"Who?" Kara asks in confusion.

Lena looked up. "Felicity Smoak. My friend and roommate from college. She gave me this book."

"Oh, you never told me about her." The blonde whispers, looking down.

"She moved away, to star city, when we graduated. She got engaged and we never met up." Lena said.

Nodding her head, Kara looks down. It hurt that Lena remembered Felicity but not their relationship or the fact that she's supergirl.

Lena looked up from the book. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing, um here's a few others." Kara says softly, passing her two more books.

"You didn't answer my question." Lena said.

Looking up, Kara forces a smile. "What question?"

"I asked you what's wrong?" Lena said. "It's because I can't remember, isn't it? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get hit by that car." She said sheepishly.

"No, no it's not that." Kara says immediately, moving closer. "I just, I've missed you."

"I'm trying to get better. I really am." Lena said.

Smiling softly, Kara leans in and kisses her gently. "I know."

"Do you think Felicity will come to see me?" Lena asked sheepishly.

"Maybe." Kara says softly.

Lena nodded. She lifted up the other books to look at them.

Biting her lip, Kara looks down again, trying to find her phone in her bag.

"You gave me this one." Lena said, holding up the book.

Looking up, Kara smiles softly. "I did."

"Thank you." Lena said.

"No need to thank me." The blonde responds softly.

Lena leaned back on the bed and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Kara asks softly.

Lena shook her head, she pushed the food tray away from the bed.

"Are you not hungry?" Kara asks, moving closer to the bed.

Lena shook her head.

"You need to eat Lena, even if it's something small so you can get better." The older girl says softly.

"The food in this place is horrible." Lena muttered.

Nodding her head in agreement, Kara laughs softly. "I can always go get something."

Lena shrugged.

"What would you like?" Kara asks softly.

Lena shrugged again. "A salad?"

"Okay, I'll go get it." Kara says softly, getting up.

Lena nodded.

By the time Kara was back with the salad, the blonde had a strange look on her face.

"What?" Lena asked, looking up at Kara.

"I ran into James on my way here." Kara explains softly.

"James?" Lena asked.

Nodding her head, the blonde moves over to the bed and offers Lena the salad. "He's a friend."

"Oh. What did he say?" Lena asked, taking the salad.

"He wasn't a big fan of our relationship and so he told me that I should just move on since you don't remember me." Taking a deep breath, Kara sits in the chair beside the bed. "I told him it doesn't matter that you don't remember me or our relationship. That I love you too much to just give up on us."

Lena wasn't sure what to say. She just stared at Kara.

Noting her silence, Kara looks down and swallows thickly.

"I'm sorry I can't remember." Lena said, feeling guilty.

Shaking her head, Kara stands up. "You don't have to worry."

"You're upset." Lena said.

"No, not with you." Kara explains softly.

"You are because I can't remember." Lena said. She reached up and pointed at the scar on her forehead.

Shaking her head, Kara moves to the bed and grabs Lena's hand. "Talk to me."

"Why can't I remember? What happened to me?" Lena asked.

"I don't really know." Kara says softly, looking into her eyes. "You disappeared and I looked for you but when I found you, you'd been hit by a car."

"Oh." Lena looked down. "I'm sorry."

Lifting her head, the Super looks into Lena's eyes. "Stop apologizing."

"I don't know what else to say." Lena said.

Leaning in, Kara gently kisses Lena, caressing her cheek.

Lena rested her forehead against Kara's, her eyes closed.

"I love you." Kara says softly.

Lena stayed quiet.

"I know you can't say it back, but I wanted you to know." Kara says softly.

Lena opened her eyes and looked at Kara. She nodded.

"I have to go, but if you want me to, I'll come back." Kara promises softly.

Lena nodded.

Smiling softly, Kara grabs her things and leaves the hospital.

Lena sighed and sat back on the bed.

****

"How is she?" Alex asks Kara through their coms as the Super fights another alien.

"Alex, now's not the time." Kara said, pushing the alien away.

Frowning, Alex watches the image of Kara fighting. "I'm just worried about it."

"Well, let me deal with this alien first." Kara said.

"Watch out!" Alex responds just in time for Kara to dodge an attack.

Kara pinned the alien to the ground.

It wasn't long before she flew back and put the alien in a cell before moving toward Alex. "You wanted to talk?"

"How is Lena?" Alex asked.

"She's confused." Kara responded.

Alex nods her head in understanding. "Maybe J'onn can help her remember."

"I don't know." Kara said. "I don't want to force her."

"We wouldn't be forcing her." Alex responds softly. "It would help her."

"I don't know." Kara said.

Nodding her head, Alex sighs softly. "Maggie and I are fighting again."

"Why?" Kara frowned.

"I want kids, she doesn't and now she comes home from work and starts drinking instantly until I have to carry her to bed." Alex responds, looking down.

"Have you spoken to her about it. Maybe something else is going on?" Kara said.

Running a hand through her hair, Alex sighs. "I've tried."

"Try again." Kara said.

"She won't talk to me Kara." Alex responds, tears filling her eyes.

"Do you want me to try?" Kara asked.

Nodding her head, Alex reaches up to wipe away her tears. "I don't know what I did wrong."

"You did nothing wrong." Kara said.

"Really? She keeps pulling away from me." The redhead responds.

"I'll talk to her." Kara said.

"Thank you." Alex whispers softly.

Kara smiled. "Come see Lena with me."

Slowly, Alex nods her head. "We should talk to her about J'onn."

"Yeah." Kara said.

"Let's go." The redhead says softly.

Kara nodded. "Let me just get changed."

Alex nods her head, grabbing her phone.

Kara went to get changed.

****

"Hey, told you I'd come back." Kara says softly, smiling warmly at Lena.

Lena looked up from the book in her hands. "Hi."

"You must really like that book." Kara says, forgetting that Lena was reading it for the first time since her memory failed.

"I've read it before?" Lena asked, looking down at the book. She ran her fingers over the writing on the front cover.

Nodding her head, Kara smiles. "You've read it so many times since we got together."

Lena nodded slowly. "I like it because you gave it to me." She looked up at Kara.

The blonde's smile grows wider as she moves over to the bed and leans down to kiss Lena.

Lena turned her head before Kara's lips could meet her's and Kara kissed her cheek.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." Kara says softly.

Lena caught sight of Alex in the doorway. "Who are you?"

"That's my sister." Kara says softly.

"Your sister... so you are Alex? Kara told me." Lena said.

Smiling softly, Alex walks further into the room. "Yes, I'm sorry this happened."

"You're sorry? Why?" Lena asked.

Alex takes a seat beside Kara in the chairs. "You didn't deserve what happened to you."

"I'm a Luthor. Trouble follows me wherever I go." Lena said, she looked back down at the book in her lap.

Kara takes a deep breath. "We wanted to talk to you about something."

Lena looked up again. "What?"

"We have a friend that can help you get your memory back." Kara says softly.

Lena narrowed her eyes. "What.. like a doctor? My own doctor said I should just bang my head off a wall and that should do the trick."

Shaking her head, Kara smiles softly. "A friend, it's going to sound strange but he's an alien."

"An alien?" Lena repeated.

Nodding her head, the blonde takes a deep breath. "He can enter your mind and try finding your memories."

Lena furrowed her brows suspiciously.

"It's true." Kara promises before taking a deep breath. "Do you remember who Supergirl is?"

Lena shook her head. "I remember superman. He hates my brother, my brother has tried to kill him."

"Supergirl is his cousin and she helps fight crime here." Kars tells her softly.

"What's that got to do with me?" Lena asked.

Taking a deep breath, Kara stands up and takes her glasses off, opening her shirt enough to reveal her suit to Lena.

Lena frowned. "No." She shook her head.

"Yes." Kara says softly, jumping up into the air but not too high so Lena can see her fly.

Lena's eyes widened. She leaned forward on the bed and waved her hand under Kara's feet.

"Will you let us try and get your memories back?" The Super asks softly.

Lena sat back on the bed and looked at Kara. "Is this a trick?" She asked cautiously.

"No, it's not a trick." the blonde responds softly.

Lena looked from Kara to Alex and back again, brows furrowed.

"Let us help you?" Alex says softly.

Lena swallowed, clearly hesitant.

"Please?" Kara begs softly.

"Explain it to me? Why do you want me to get my memory back so badly?" Lena asked. "I mean, I want it back too but you're a super and I'm a Luthor. Realistically, we should hate each other's guts."

Pain fills Kara's eyes and she steps forward. "I love you."

Lena pushed her hair out of her eyes, staring at Kara.

Reaching out, Kara gently caresses her cheek. "Please let us help."

Lena swallowed. She nodded slowly, still unsure about this.

"Call J'onn." Kara says softly, glancing back at Alex.

Alex nodded, she left the room to call J'onn.

"I won't let anything happen to you, not again." Kara promises softly, looking into Lena's eyes.

"You can't protect me from the world." Lena said quietly.

The blonde just smiles warmly at her. "I can."

Lena looked down at her hands, she played with the corners of the book in her lap.

"J'onn will be here soon." Alex says softly, walking into the room.

Kara nodded. "Hungry?"

Lena shook her head slowly.

Shifting, Kara smiles warmly and leans down to kiss her forehead.

Lena kept her eyes on the book.

"I'm going to the cafeteria, are you sure you don't want anything? Maybe a drink?" Kara asks softly.

"I'm fine." Lena said.

"I'll have a sandwich." Alex said.

Nodding her head, Kara leaves the room.

Lena sighed and ran her fingers through her hair again. She let her fingers fall to her forehead to trace the scar there.

"You okay?" Alex asks softly.

Lena looked up at Alex, her fingers still on her scar. "It hurts."

"Let me take a look." Alex says softly, sitting down beside her.

Lena hesitated for a moment before taking her hand away. Her scar was red and irritated, her hair had been irritating it but she'd also been scratching at it because she was angry with herself for not being able to remember the last five years.

Reaching out, Alex gently moves her hair. "Let me put your hair in a ponytail."

Lena looked up at Alex. "I keep my hair down."

"It's irritating your scar." Alex explains softly. "Have you been scratching at it?" She asked, noticing the scratch marks on Lena's forehead, gently pulling Lena's hair up into a ponytail.

Lena nodded slowly, looking down at her hands sheepishly.

"Lena, they didn't let this heal properly and now it's going to be irritated easily until we get the right medicine." Alex says softly.

"It's itchy." Lena whispered, staring at her hands sheepishly.

"I know, they were supposed to give you medicine so you wouldn't scratch at it." Alex responds softly.

"My doctor doesn't do anything. He doesn't even come to see me." Lena whispered. "The nurse said it's because I'm a Luthor and Lex hurt his family. He doesn't want to be associated with me."

Nodding her head, Alex takes a deep breath. "He's an idiot. I'll go find someone to get the medicine you need."

Lena nodded slowly.

"I'll be back." The redhead promises before leaving.

Lena nodded again.

Alex quietly leaves the room.

Lena sat back on the bed and sighed.

****

"Are you sure about this?" Kara asks softly, looking into Lena's eyes.

Lena swallowed, looking at Kara. She wasn't sure.

"Hey, all he's doing is using his power to try and search for your memories." the blonde promises softly.

"And what if he finds things that could hurt people? What if it doesn't work?" Lena said.

"It will work." Kara responds, searching her eyes.

Lena still seemed hesitant. "What if it hurts?"

J'onn steps forward. "It won't."

Lena turned her head to look at the stranger and swallowed.

"I won't hurt you." J'onn says softly, not wanting to scare her.

"How do you know?" Lena said. The more she thought about it, the more she didn't want to do it but she didn't want to disappoint Kara.

J'onn smiles softly. "Because I've done this many times and not one person has complained of it hurting."

Lena hesitated.

"Do you want me to do it on someone else first?" J'onn asks softly.

Lena nodded slowly.

Alex steps forward and looks at J'onn. "Go ahead."

"You're sure?" J'onn asked.

Lena watched them with cautious eyes.

Nodding her head, Alex smiles softly. "Yes."

J'onn nodded and stepped forward.

Placing two fingers to the side of his temple, J'onn takes a deep breath and lets his eyes turn red.

Alex took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

After a few minutes, J'onn steps back and clears his throat. "Okay, some of those memories I did not need." he mumbles.

Alex blushed and shrugged.

"It doesn't hurt?" Lena asks softly.

Alex shook her head.

Taking a deep breath, Lena nods and looks at J'onn. "Okay."

J'onn nodded stepped closer to the green eyed girl.

Lena swallowed and closed her eyes.

J'onn slowly does what he did with Alex, trying to pull Lena's memories toward the front.

Lena's eyes flickered beneath her eyelids, her brows furrowed.

Slowly, images and sounds fill her mind including voices.

Kara and Alex watched from beside the bed.

After an hour, J'onn steps back and looks at Lena.

"Hey," Kara says softly, stepping in front of Lena.

Lena looked tired and drained. She rubbed her eyes and looked up at Kara.

"How are you feeling?" the blonde asks softly.

Lena pressed her hand to her forehead and groaned. "I have a headache." The memories came rushing back and her brain was overwhelmed.

"Hey, do you need me to get a doctor?" Kara asks worriedly.

Lena shook her head. "I just need to sleep it off."

"Okay, we'll leave you alone then." The blonde says softly.

"Kara, Stay. Lie with me?" Lena asked sheepishly. "Please. I don't want to be alone. I remember."

Smiling warmly, Kara nods and moves over to the bed.

Lena moved over on the bed to give Kara some space.

Climbing onto the bed, Kara lays down beside her and wraps her arms around Lena.

Lena curled into Kara's arms.

The Super couldn't stop smiling, thankful that Lena remembered her.

It wasn't long before Lena was out, drooling slightly.

Kara wasn't far behind her, holding the younger girl close.

****

Lena woke up from a nightmare of being hit by the car. She sat up quickly, breathing heavily.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Kara asks softly, sitting up and looking toward Lena.

Lena looked up at Kara. "I had a nightmare." She whispered.

Caressing her cheek, the Super looks into her eyes. "What was it about?"

Lena shook her head, not wanting to relive the nightmare.

"Okay, it's okay." Kara says softly, gently rubbing her back.

Lena looked down at her hands.

Shifting, the blonde leans in and kisses her gently.

Lena's eyes fluttered closed.

Pulling back, the blonde smiles softly. "Let's try and get more sleep."

Lena shook her head slowly.

"Are you sure?" Kara asks, searching her eyes.

Lena nodded.

"Okay, are you hungry? Cause I'm starving." the Super says with a grin.

Lena shook her head

Frowning, Kara leans in and gently kisses Lena.

Lena leaned into the kiss slightly.

After a few minutes, Kara pulls away. "I love you."

"I love you too." Lena whispered.

"I'm going to get something to eat, I'll be right back." The super promises softly.

Lena nodded.

Kara got up and quietly left the room.

Lena lay back on the bed and yawned. She rubbed her eyes sleepily.

****

Maggie was curled up on the couch, an almost empty bottle of scotch on the table.

Kara flew into the room in her Supergirl costume. "Maggie?"

Flinching, the cop sits up and looks at Kara. "Supergirl." she mumbles.

Supergirl nodded. "You shouldn't drink. It's bad for you."

Maggie rolls her eyes and drops back down on the couch. "What's it matter to you?"

"You're worrying Alex." Supergirl said.

Sitting up again, Maggie stares at her. "I'm fine."

"No you aren't." Supergirl shook her head.

Rolling her eyes, Maggie reaches for the scotch again.  "Leave me alone."

"No." Supergirl sat down. "What's going on?"

Pain filled eyes lock on Supergirl. "You wouldn't understand."

"I might. Try me." Supergirl said.

"I told her I didn't want to have kids, but I lied." The cop whispers.

"Then tell her that." Kara said.

Maggie shakes her head, tears rolling down her cheeks. "She'll hate me."

"No she won't. She might be confused but she could never hate you." Supergirl said.

The cop swallows thickly and looks down. "I can't."

"Why not?" Supergirl asked.

"I can't lose her." The cop responds with a soft sigh.

"You won't." Supergirl said. "She loves you too much."

Shaking her head, Maggie looks down.

"Stop." Supergirl grabbed the alcohol from Maggie's hand. "This is hurting Alex more than you telling her you want kids would fix things."

Swallowing thickly, Maggie looks up at Kara. "You need to leave."

"I'm not going anywhere." Supergirl said.

"Please? I just want to be alone." The cop begs weakly.

"No." Supergirl snapped. "Not until you snap out of it. Either you tell Alex what is going on or you break up with her."

Swallowing thickly, Maggie looks back at Kara. "Then I guess it's over."

"Fine." Kara said, she got up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 392 12
You are a friend of Kara Danvers. A lover of Alex Danvers. This is an X Reader, with a bit of a twist. You are an alien, but not in the same way as S...
115K 2.6K 53
You're an ordinary dude with abilities that nobody has ever heard of. You work at Cat Co. with James, Winn, and your crush, Kara Danvers. One day, yo...
121K 3.3K 40
After the big reveal, Lena just wanted to never see Kara again. So, she just left National City, without telling a word to Kara or all the other Supe...
130K 6.3K 42
Kara Zorel Ward's life was turned up side down by circumstances out of her control. She had to hide who she was to save her life and her parents. Now...