Chapter Five

Kara groaned as she came to, her body was aching and she had a headache.

"Kara, thank god." Alex breathed, she took Kara's hand.

"Lena, where's Lena." Kara breathed.

"She's fine. She's sleeping." Alex pointed across the room to where Lena was curled up in a ball after crying herself to sleep.

Closing her eyes, the Super takes a deep breath. "It was Lillian."

"We know, Lena told us. We've got people out looking for her." Alex said.

"I almost couldn't protect her." Kara whispers.

"But you did. She's alive. Scared but alive." Alex said. "She's doubting herself though."

Kara moves to get up, already starting to feel better.

"Stay under the lights." Alex said.

"I'm fine, I need to check on her." Kara responds.

"She's fine." Alex said. "I checked her over when she fell asleep. She wouldn't let me check her when she was awake. She's broken, Kara. Her mother scared her."

Nodding her head, Kara gets up anyways and moves over to Lena.

"Kara, come sit down." Alex said. "She's fine, physically. Mentally, not so much. Seeing her mother has messed with her head. She's doubting herself - she's doubting how much good she can do."

Kara doesn't listen, reaching out and gently caressing Lena's cheek.

Lena shifted in her sleep, grunting adorably.

A soft smile grows on Kara's lips as she watches the younger girl.

Lena opened her mouth slightly and began drooling in her sleep, her eyes fluttering slightly.

Giggling, Kara leans down and gently kisses her after wiping her lips.

Lena's eyes fluttered in her sleep.

"I love you." the honey-blonde whispers.

The dark haired girl shifted in her sleep.

Sighing, Kara sits down beside the bed and just watches Lena sleep.

"I'll leave you two alone." Alex said, getting up and leaving the room. She sighed and glanced back at her sister.

She'd never seen Kara this happy or worried at the same time.

Kara continued to play with Lena's hair.

****

"Hey, how do you feel?" Kara asks softly when Lena walks into their room.

"Tired. I have a headache." Lena complained.

Smiling warmly, the blonde holds her arms open. "Come here."

Lena moved over to Kara.

Wrapping her arms around the younger girl, Kara kisses her forehead. "Would you like a bubble bath?"

Lena shook her head.

"A massage?" The blonde asks.

Lean shook her head again. "Just hold me." She whispered.

"Okay." Kara whispers, leaning back on the bed and pulling Lena with her.

Lena curled into Kara.

"I've got you." The blonde says softly, holding her close and rubbing her back.

Lena sighed quietly. "Can we order food in, I can't be bothered cooking?"

"As long as I can get potstickers." Kara responds instantly.