Falling For Thy Enemy

By alwaysren

#8 in TeenFiction (19.12.25) When two people who can't get along are supposed to act civil while living toget... More

The Character Chart
Falling For Thy Enemy
Author's Notes
Cast
1 : Lucked Out
2 : Happy Family
3 : Trips Abroad and Nasty Truce
4 : Project Partners
5 : The Family Drama
6 : Deal Breaker
7 : Ruled Out
8 : Say 'Hi' to Satan
9 : I Just Love Fucking Annoying You
10 : Naked Girl and Vague Details
12 : It's Mufasa and Simba Guys
13 : That's For Beautiful Girls and You're Neither
14 : He Was Still Satan
15 : I promise, I won't tell
16 : Brownies and Vanilla Ice-Cream
17 : It's a dare!
18 : Forty Year Old's Aren't Awesome
19 : Blackmail Buddies
20 : Satan is always Satan
21 : I'll Bribe Them If You Let Me Live
22 : Twinning
23 : Romantic Genes
24 : Blush
25 : Midnight Dreams
26 : My Place, Midnight, You In?
27 : Damn you, Clara Emery James
Extra Chapter 01
Extra Chapter 1.1
28 : Uh oh
29 : Progressive Scheming
30 : If Humans Don't Like Being Ignored Then Why Would Feelings?
31 : Who Did You Kill?
32 : Harry Potter's Weird Wizarding World
33 : We Are The Dancers
34 : Crush Confessions
35 : New Girl
36 : Surprise Guest
37 : Welcome Back

11 : Didn't Know Carl Could Be Romantic

1.8K 89 28
By alwaysren

"When did you get back last night, Clara?" Josie asks me as I descend the stairs.

I look up at her making breakfast - pancakes, precisely - and just about realize the whole fiasco we had created last night. Seriously, couldn't these idiots have checked the house for me before lying? But then again, me in Stefan's room was a close to impossible thought in anybody's mind.

"I, uh, I..." I stutter, cursing myself at not coming up with an immediate lie on the spot. Where did Casey get her talent from, though?

"She came back around one o'clock last night, Jo." Stefan casually states as he passes past me towards the dining table where others were already seated.

"And you let her in?" Josie cocks an eyebrow.

Stefan looks up at her and shrugs while seating himself. "Couldn't sleep last night so I was taking a walk in the front yard."

Josie nods, still looking at both of us skeptically and I breath a sigh of relief. Maybe making snacks for these Kings' kids yesterday was not so bad idea after all. "Oh, well. Come on then. Eat up and get on with your day." She says as she slides two stacks of pancakes on the table. All of us dig in, our lie long forgotten.

After breakfast, I race to my room and get ready for school as quickly as I can. After a good ten minute shower and donning on a high waist skinny jeans and a moss green off shoulder blouse, I tie my hair up in a pony tail and skip downstairs thirty minutes later to see no one else was ready yet. No one but Stefan.

I pause and slow my steps as I enter the main hallways  and walk towards the shoe rack. I take out my Chuck Taylor high top converse and sit on the lowest step to wear them. I look up slowly at the devil to find him busy scrolling through his phone. 

"Uh.. thanks. For covering up for me in the morning." I say slowly, desperately hoping that he doesn't hear.

He raises an eyebrow looking at me. "Can you repeat that once more so I can record it?" He asks making me scowl.

I shake my head to get rid of murderous thoughts. "Forget it." I mutter and look down towards my feet, concentrating on tying the shoe laces.

I hear him chuckle and then he sits beside me, his sneakers half way through his leg. "Take that as a return of favor for making my siblings hot chocolate yesterday." He says while tying his own shoe laces.

I nod. Good idea. We shouldn't owe anything to each other anyway. Enemies are ought to remain enemies. Before I could remind him about the sandwiches though, I hear voices coming out and look up to see Carl, Colton, Stella and Samantha walking down the stairs. Casey and Seth enter the main hallway from the left door too, followed by Josie.

They all look at me and Stefan weirdly but when they notice us tying our laces, the have that 'oh' expressions on their faces. 

"Everyone ready?" Carl asks, filling the silence while twirling the car keys around his index finger. 

I stand myself up and nod. "Ready." My answer is followed by a few more murmurs before Josie speaks.

"Okay, guys. I might me late tonight. Extra work so order take out - the menu's on the fridge and the money's in the Jar above it. Oh, and while I'm out, I trust Colton and Stella to maintain peace and save my house. I'd say Carl but we all know he's younger than Seth and Casey when it comes to responsibilities." 

Stefan snickers beside me and Carl glares at him. He then presses his lips in a tight smile and addresses Josie. "Thanks Jo but I have a date tonight and I'd be out for the night too, possibly."

"Date on a Wednesday?" Josie asks looking skeptical.

Carl grins widely and I know why. "Girlfriend's birthday, Jo. And I have a surprise to carry out all day."

Josie smiles excitedly. "Wow, that's so cool. I always knew you were the romantic type, C."

Carl smirks. "Oh well, you missed your chance while I was single."

Josie rolls his eyes. "Such a loss." She mutters sarcastically.

Carl opens his mouth to retort but I know that this could go on and on for years if we don't move. "Shotgun!" I exclaim and rush outside towards the car.

Thankfully, everyone follows behind closely which means I did not embarrass myself by making suck an exit. Casey, however, is frowning because the shotgun's mine. Carl unlocks the car and we get in and immediately drive towards the school. 

"Wish Tanya a happy birthday for me, would ya?" I ask.

Carl nods. "Will do."

"From us too." Casey chimes from behind. "And bring her home sometime later this week, I have a gift for her."

"Sure. But first, she has to like my gift for her." He grins mischievously but I can see a small, adoring and loving smile beneath it.

I turn in my seat to face him, now excited. "Yeah, what have you planned, tell us?"

"Yes big bro, tell me or I'll die out of curiosity." Casey says jumping in her seat and Colton just chuckles giving me the idea that he knows something.

"Later, baby sis." He said making us more curious but he had parked in front of the school till then. Casey, Colt and I got out of the car one by one after Carl refused to tell us any details. "Oh, and you'll have to catch a ride after school, guys. I will be pretty busy." And with that, he drove away.

"I was going at Nigel's anyway." Casey shrugs.

I narrow my eyes at her. "And do I need to be worried?" 

She rolls her eyes but there's a hint of nervousness in them. "I don't know. Maybe?"

Okay, now I'm certainly worried. "Casey, will his parents be at home?" I ask folding my arms in front of my chest.

Colton, who was about to walk away looks at Casey bewildered too. "Case?"

Casey looks down at the ground with guilt and shakes her head negative. 

"What are you trying to do, Case?" I ask, shocked actually that she'd do this to herself. I know she's more than anything she let's herself be. Casey doesn't answer me but looks at the ground, fidgeting her hands and making patterns on the mud ground with her leg. 

Colton sighs beside me. "I don't know if anything I say will do any good, Case, but know that I trust your judgement of situation. Don't do anything that both you and us will regret, please. See you at home." He pats her back and walks towards the hallway doors where Jade is waiting for him.

"I don't want bad blood between us, Casey, but just know that you're more than you think you are. You don't deserve just anything that comes your way. You're worth more than that Nigel guy and I hope you realize that. And I beg you, please don't do whatever you were initially going to do. That's all I can say. I can't really stop you, can I?"

She doesn't look up at me but I know she's crying. I hug her to comfort her and she wraps her arms around me too, snuggling into me. "Thanks, Clara, but I think I can take care of myself." With that, she leaves me in the parking lot and rushes inside school.

"Rough being the older sister, isn't it?" I hear Stefan's voice beside me. He looks at me with a look of understanding. "She'll come around, ya know." And with that, he leaves too. 

Now, I stand in the lot weirded by Casey's unwilling confession and Stefan's approach. I sigh. It's gonna be a long day ahead.

* * * * * 

What's up lovely people!

I know, I'm sorry for the delay and absolutely sorry for the filler not so filler chapter. I'm still figuring out things of my personal life so I'm not back for good but I'll be soon. A month or so, max. I promise.

Oh, and also, I entered FFTE for THE FICTION AWARDS and THE WATTYS.

Please do vote for me if you love me. Or Clara. Or Stefan. Please?

I'll notify you guys when the voting period comes.

laters baby.

Ren.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637K 21.4K 53
"Do they not say that a good friendship builds on a ground of lies?" I joke, lightening the mood immediately as his green eyes glint in humor and a s...
7.3M 190K 44
When Charlotte agrees to fake date bad boy Mason to make her best friend and secret crush, Ben, jealous, she thinks it will be a simple arrangement...
252 46 14
He smirks, "You've finally cracked." I furrow my eyebrows, "You were baiting me? Jerk, just turn off your music!" "Or what?" He asks teasingly. "Or...
1.3M 35.3K 42
"You make me want to do things to you." He mumbles, his brown eyes never straying from mine. "What?" I whisper, nervous yet at the same time my hear...