Being Lucky Can Be A Curse (J...

By KitMiki

When humans were on the verge of extinction because of the zombie apocalypse that they created years ago, God... More

Chapter 2 - Supernatural Investigation Department
Chapter 3 - Survey
Chapter 4 - First Case : Phantom Thief
Chapter 5 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 2
Chapter 6 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 3
Chapter 7 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 4
Chapter 8 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 5
Chapter 9 - Your Name is Cabbage
Chapter 10 - Payback
Chapter 11 - New Rivalry?
Chapter 12 - You're Amusing, Zhao Zi
Chapter 13 - Missing Grandson
Chapter 14 - Black Blood
Chapter 15 - The Curious Case of Axel Auriant
Chapter 16 - Jack's Identity

Chapter 1 - I Fell Asleep

1.7K 52 8
By KitMiki

It has been ten years since the outbreak of a strange virus that caused most of the living population of the world to be wiped out. Those who were able to survive the wrath of the virus until now were hiding behind the protection of the huge impenetrable walls of the last surviving cities around the world. For the unlucky ones who succumbed and got infected by the virus were either eliminated or became one of those horrifying beings with decaying bodies who craved the flesh of a living human being: zombies.

When the virus outbreak initially started in Europe, the citizens of Taiwan and the international community thought that it was something that would be contained immediately and that it would not reach their country. Unbeknownst to them, the different governments in Europe that tried to suppress and to contain the spread of the virus failed miserably. Although they tried to hide the severity of the outbreak as not to alarm the public and the international community, the people were able to figure out their governments' failure to resolve the problem. As panic arose amongst the European people, they tried to flee to other countries. This massive migration became problematic since those who were infected could further spread the virus.

Seeing the terrifying videos of what had happened to those who got infected, different countries immediately closed their borders and tightened their security against foreigners. Sadly, this did not work.

The virus gradually spread in different countries, which caused a worldwide outbreak. In a desperate attempt to eliminate the further spread of the virus, some countries decided to use their nuclear weapons to wipe out those who were infected. Unfortunately, this did not work neither.

Governments eventually were unable to function as the number of the infected increased astronomically. Some countries, however, were lucky. Taiwan, for example, was able to respond and adapt to the situation quickly. Although the virus also spread in the country, the government of Taiwan managed to come up with a solution: constructing huge and impenetrable walls in its important cities. With these huge walls, the cities were able to fend off the zombies. As long as they were able to eliminate zombies along the borders as not to have a huge horde of zombies, the survivors living in this kind of cities were safe. Aside from this, the government of Taiwan managed to maintain communication and transportation in different cities in the country. Because of this, the cities could still conduct trade and communicate with one another without a problem.

With the government still functioning in Taiwan, its society was somewhat still stable and peaceful. In addition, it was thanks to its intact security force that it managed to further secure its stability. Its military forces were in charge of protecting the borders and the only authority that were capable of venturing out of the city. On the other hand, the police forces were in charge of security within the cities.

Of course, this did not mean that life became better. Due to limited resources and a still increasing amount of infection, the population around the world was still decreasing. If this continued, then humanity would go extinct.

In order to prevent the extinction of humans, God took pity on his creations and had decided to bring a blessing to the world. One day, miraculous rains in different parts of the world occurred. This phenomenon that was so-called "Rain of Miracle" granted living beings with a supernatural power that would allow them to have a higher chance of surviving in the zombie apocalypse.

Within a day, news around the world about this phenomenon spread like wildfire. No one knew why the rain gave supernatural powers, but the people who received powers were delighted and thankful about it. God had not forsaken humanity!

Only a very small portion of the population received some kind of power. For most of the people who were not exposed to the rain, they could only shake their heads in disappointment.

[Day 1 After the Rain of Miracle]

[Location: H City at Taiwan, Taipei]

[Population: 25, 000]

After the "Rain of Miracle" phenomenon yesterday, the H City's Police Department was bustling with a lot of excitement and noises.

"Did you get any powers? I got the power to turn into stone!" one of the policemen enthusiastically asked as he showed a part of his arm turning into stone.

"Woah! That's impressive! My body turns into spikes!" the other shorter policeman said as he showed his arms with sharp spikes that were similar to a porcupine's spikes.

This asking of question about what kind of power a person received would be a topic in this police department for the entire day most likely. Of course, everyone wanted to know what kind of power each person possessed. They wanted to know if they have way cooler and stronger power compared to the others.

Meanwhile, in the corner of a room was someone who seemed to be indifferent about the commotion in the office. Sitting at his desk wearing a headphone while listening to music, Zhao Li An was busy finishing some of the files he was supposed to finish the other day.

Two days ago, Zhao Li An got sick, so he had to take two days off to recover. All he did during these past two days were just eating and resting. He only came out of the house today to get to work. When he arrived in the police department, he immediately went straight to his desk to work on the files that he was supposed to finish, so he did not know what was the current commotion in the office.

(A/N: Zhao Li An. Found it on Kenny Chen's instagram @sawadikap_kenny)

Jun Wei and Huang Yi Qi arrived at the same time on their way to the office. Just like everyone else, they were also talking about the power that they got. Jun Wei gained the ability to shapeshift into different kinds of animals. As for Huang Yi Qi, she was like a human telescope. She had the capability to see things from a very long distance. While they happily talked to one another about the powers that they had received, Huang Yi Qi noticed Zhao Li An working at his desk in the corner of the office. She immediately tapped Jun Wei and the two of them approached him.

(A/N: Huang Yi Qi and Jun Wei. Photos are not mine. Got them from MyDramaList)

"Zhao Li An," Jun Wei said as he stood behind his police friend as he tried to get his attention.

Zhao Li An seemed not to hear him as he continued working on his computer.

Jun Wei was about to tap him to get his attention when Huang Yi Qi stopped him immediately. She thought of something clever and took out her phone. She then told Jun Wei to transform into an animal and jump in front of Zhao Li An's computer screen to scare Zhao Li An. Jun Wei quickly nodded as he chuckled.

Zhao Li An was about to save the last file on his computer when suddenly a huge eagle just flew straight away on his desk out of nowhere which caused him to jump from getting scared.

"Uwah! An eagle! There's an eagle!" Zhao Li An immediately screamed as he fell on the floor.

"Puhahah!" Huang Yi Qi laughed as she recorded the entire situation.

Zhao Li An was confused when he saw Huang Yi Qi with her phone up. She seemed to be recording.

The chief of the police department who was nearby heard Zhao Li An's scream, so he walked over to checked out what happened.

"What's happening here?" Chief Shi Dapao asked as he frowned.

(A/N: Chief Shi Dapao. I could not find a decent picture so I screenshot it from the 1st episode.)

"Boss! There's an eagle on my desk!" Zhao Li An immediately stood up and approached his boss as he hid behind him.

"An eagle?" Shi Dapao quickly looked at his desk and saw the eagle. He also noticed Huang Yi Qi who was holding her laugh.

"Huang Yi Qi, explain yourself. What's happening here?" he asked with an authoritative voice.

Huang Yi Qi suppressed the urge her laugh as she responded with, "That eagle on Zhao Li An's desk is Jun Wei. He has the power to transform into an animal. Umm, we just wanted to surprise Zhao Li An about his power, so I told him to transform."

"Are you a child?" the chief of the police department said as he started scolding Huang Yi Qi.

"Power? Jun Wei is that eagle? How's that possible? Is this a prank?" Zhao Li An asked with a confused expression on his face.

Chief Dapao and Huang Yi Qi looked at one another and then stared directly at Zhao Li An.

"You don't know what happened yesterday?" Huang Yi Qi asked.

"Yesterday? I was sleeping the whole time at my house because I was sick," Zhao Li An answered.

"What happened yesterday?" he asked.

"Eh!? Did you watch the news yesterday or this morning?" the policewoman asked.

Zhao Li An shook his head.

"I see that's why you look so clueless!" she responded as her eyes widened in sudden realization.

She quickly explained the "Rain of Miracle" phenomenon that occurred yesterday. As she was explaining, the chief quickly asked Jun Wei to transform back into human form and made him go back to work. Even if the people in the police department got powers, Chief Dapao still made them go back to work. Usual day-to-day operations in the department still continued. Zhao Li An, who saw Jun Wei's transformation, became amazed all of a sudden. He now understood what was happening.

"Then this means, you didn't get any power?" Huang Yi Qi quickly asked.

Zhao Li An shook his head once again. Although this was the case, he did not get sad or jealous about not getting powers. He thought that if he did not get it then he did not get it. In any case, he was a pretty lucky guy. He always had good luck on his side.

Seeing that Zhao Li An did not have some sort of negative reaction, the chief and Huang Yi Qi understood that Zhao Li An was not too affected by the current situation of people getting powers. They felt relieved. They thought that if it happened that they missed this golden opportunity, they would probably hate everyone who had powers. Yet, Zhao Li An was different. He was a very simple man after all. That was one of his charms aside from his sometimes quirky funny attitude.

Zhao Li An quickly changed the topic as not to make people worry and sympathize with him by asking the whereabouts of Shao Fei.

(A/N: You guys already know this person. :) Picture from MyDramaList.)

"Shao Fei, he...Oh, there he is!" Huang Yi Qi excitedly blurted out as she pointed the direction of Shao Fei as he entered with a group of familiar people. That group of people that just entered were a mixture of the police force and handcuffed gangsters from Tang Yi's group and its rival gang, Lao Ke's group.

When Chief Dapao saw this, he immediately became infuriated as steam came out from his nose, ears, and mouth. The chief of the police department was also exposed to the rain yesterday and received the power to wield fire.

"SHAO FEI!!! YOU DID IT ONCE AGAIN! You arrested people without a proper warrant of arrest!" Chief Dapao approached Shao Fei to scold him once again for his reckless act. Seeing the situation was about to escalate, Zhao Li An asked Huang Yi Qi, Jun Wei, and A Zhi for help to divert their chief's attention. Everyone agreed and they hurriedly stood up to help out Shao Fei.

(A/N: A Zhi. Picture from MyDramaList!)

Meanwhile, the gangsters who were detained for interrogation were chained at the horizontal metal tube that was attached to the wall of the office.

One of the chained gangsters who has red hair and was wearing black half-finger gloves could only chuckle as he was witnessing the lively atmosphere in the police department.

========

So here we are with this new fanfiction. I really liked Jack and Zhao Li An in the series so I decided to make a new fanfiction.

If you believe there is some sort of mistake, please let me know!

I hope you guys will like it! Alright see ya later!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 369 18
This story line start where 'Fire Fly' end, as Immortal Lan Yi predicted that Wangxian couple will be ascended Godhood within six month. When the sa...
155K 12.2K 30
🅒🅞🅜🅟🅛🅔🅣🅔🅓 Wang Yibo, a twenty-eight-year-old handsome guy is a member of a group founded by his brother Haikuan in China-THE PRIVATE EYE. Th...
125K 5.8K 19
IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS NOW.... 'I was a simple guy who was loved by everyone. I was an easy going and cheerful person. I never let anyone control me. I d...
161K 10.3K 87
*** PLEASE READ STOLEN MEMORIES ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN FIRST****** They say that people change after they get married. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan have been...