la vie en rose | blake richar...

By -BUBBLYBIBBY

In which a heartbreaker catches the attention of her best friend, Blake. More

preface
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
last chapter

eight

367 12 1
By -BUBBLYBIBBY

"Please don't be mad at me," Blake begs Cassie, who leans down next to him to get her suitcase from the bunk.

"I'm not mad, I'm cross," Cassie mumbles, finding the handle of her suitcase and pulling it out.

"Did you get some sleep?" Blake asks carefully.

"You know I can't get in my bunk by myself when it's parked, let alone when the bus is moving," Cassie side eyes him, "I watched a movie with Reece in his bunk."

"Oh, what'd you watch?"

"Hurry up and get your luggage," George stands above Blake, hands frustratedly stuffed in the pockets of his sweatpants.

"Sorry," Blake mumbles, getting his case and standing up.

"Got everything you need?" Reece asks Cassie, who nods before walking past George to exit the bus.

"What'd I do?" Blake sighs, standing up.

"You just don't get it," Reece shrugs.

"Is the going to sulk for much longer?"

"She's not sulking," Reece scoffs, pushing Blake over so he could get his own luggage, "she's hurt."

"How would you know what was going on better than I do?" Blake furrows his eyebrows.

"There's things about her that you don't know, Blake. You're her friend, not her diary," Reece states simply, standing up with his luggage in his hand.

"And you are?" Blake scoffs.

"Get over yourself," Reece looks at Blake blankly, "you're so invested in her, it's embarrassing."

"I-I just want to help her if she's hurt," Blake mumbles.

"Maybe don't hurt her and you won't have to help."

"If you two are going to be in a strop all tour, you can both go home," Ben speaks, motioning towards the door of the bus, "hurry up. We're all tired."

"I still just don't understand," Blake whispers as they walk past Ben, a sigh falling from Reece's lips.

"You weren't there when she bought that planB, so you wouldn't."

   "You were there?!" Blake's voice rises.

   "Yes, and you didn't see how ashamed she looked, okay?" Reece sighs, stepping off the bus after Blake, "I'm trying to help her, but I can't if you lead her to think that you know the extent of it, when you don't."

   "Got our key," Tanner yawns, approaching Cassie.

   "Thank God, lets get to bed," Cassie groans, hand rubbing her eye.

   "So you think I should just ignore it?" Blake asks Reece, teeth biting the inside of his cheek.

   "Just apologise for being an idiot and she'll probably get over it. Just, please, don't talk to her about guys. She's stuck in the mud and I'm trying to help her out," Reece asks calmly, Blake nodding his head even though he didn't understand. He still had so many questions and his mind was wandering to places he didn't want to visit.

   The next morning wasn't any different. Blake woke up wondering, and Reece woke up refusing to tell him anything. Blake was glad he could trust Reece to be a good, loyal friend to Cassie, but at the same time, he wished he had a bigger mouth.

   It wasn't any less awkward when the group met up for breakfast. Blake still had so many questions that he had to bite his tongue to avoid, but he didn't know how long he would last without asking them. He always told Cassie if anything was bothering him, so it felt out of nature for him to hide something from her, and vice versa.

   Once the trio of boys got to the hotel's breakfast buffet, Cassie and the crew were already sat and ready for the day, showered and groomed. The boys looked out of place, wearing thrown on hoodies and sweatpants with their hoods over their heads to hide their messy hair.

   "You're supposed to be ready when you come down for breakfast," Ben comments with none other than a small laugh, Cassie scrolling through her phone as Blake sat in the empty seat next to her.

   "I'm sorry for being an idiot," Blake apologises to Cassie, making her look up at him.

   "You're alright," Cassie places a hand briefly on his knee, "you were so confused. You would of known what happened if you had meant it," her words flowed so effortlessly, it was almost like she had rehearsed it or thought about what to say, before had.

   "Yeah, what did happen?"

   "Nothing you need to worry about," Cassie sighs, pinching Blake's cheek, "we're fine."

"Are you sure?" Blake raises his eyebrows.

"Very sure," Cassie taps Blake's cheek before pulling away.

"You know you can tell me anything," Blake speaks seriously.

"Of course I know that," Cassie sighs, running her hands up and down her trousers, "but we don't need to know everything about each other."

"But that's why we're so close," Blake speaks almost with disappointment, "because we know everything about each other."

"It's not healthy to not have personal things that we keep to ourselves."

"I understand that but at the same time, it's important for me to help you through things if you're going through something," Blake speaks genuinely.

"Blake, seriously, I'm fine. Okay?" Cassie slightly scoffs, going back to her phone.

Blake looks up from where he's sat, across to the other side of the table. Reece eyes him with wide eyes, as to say that he had told him not to say a word, and Blake didn't listen.

"I'm getting myself a cuppa. Do you want one?" Cassie stands, failing to make eye contact with Blake as she pushes her chair in after her, shoving her phone into her pocket.

"Um, yeah, please," Blake nods, watching as Cassie walked away.

"Is she always like this in the morning?" Tanner jokes, "Blake, is she alright?"

"She's fine," Reece quickly answers, "I'm her friend too, Tanner."

"Alright then, make yourself known," George chuckles, Reece telling him to shut up before standing to get his own cup of tea.

"She just gets a little frustrated if you ask her someone too many times, that's all," Blake explains to Tanner, "Reece said she's going through something, but he's helping her so I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Well I'm going to be rooming with her for a while, so I'll let her know she can speak to me if she ever needs to," Tanner suggests.

"They had orange juice there, but I didn't have enough hands," Cassie speaks softly, placing a cup of tea down in front of Blake before sitting down the one she had made for herself.

"Tea is just fine, thank you," Blake raises the mug to his mouth, blowing some cool air on it before slowly taking a sip.

"You should really get something to eat. Breakfast is only open until ten o'clock," Cassie sits back in her chair, crossing her legs under the table before raising her tea to her lips.

"I like what you're wearing," Blake compliments, taking a peek under the table at her complete outfit.

"Thank you very much," Cassie shrugs a shoulder.

"I haven't seen these trousers before. Are they new?" Blake places a hand on Cassie's thigh, rubbing gently to feel the fabric.

"Uh, yeah, well my Mum got them for me before we left," Cassie clears her throat.

"Well, they look lovely," Blake continues on about the purple paper bag trousers, which were paired with a simple tucked in black long sleeve t-shirt, and black combat boots.

"I saw some trousers like that on ASOS," George comments, "I was going to get them for your birthday, but I found something else instead."

"These could be from ASOS for all I know," Cassie shrugs.

"What're we talking about?" Reece comes back, a plate of eggs, bacon, beans and toast in his hand along with a cup of tea in the other.

"Cassie's trousers," George mumbles, peering over at Reece's plate, "Blake, want to get some food?"

"On my way," Blake quickly stands, following George to the buffet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 191 36
About a 20 year old athlete (April) who goes to UCLA and obsesses over Blake Griffin. She meets Blake Griffin and thinks that that might be the last...
72.9K 3.3K 45
เผ‘ เฟเพ‚ เซข ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ โ€ฟ โžถ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’๐‘๏ฟฝ...
31.9K 1.1K 7
{ short story } Crushes can be so bittersweet.