Adventure Time with Fionna an...

Door MiraculouslyTrashy

When Gumball's new experiment goes awry, it leads Fionna and Marshall on an unexpected journey together, fore... Meer

Unexpected Visitor
To the Candy Kingdom
Question Time
The Truth
confessions
Years pass
Welcome to the Nightosphere
Caged
...
Home
Party Time
Jail Bird
Pasts
Samuel Strong
The Arrangement
I do
Marshall Who?
Dreams
The Wager
Subconsciousness
Halo eyes
Birthday Time
The Morning After/ Marshall's Past
Mother's Approval
Dad
Humans
The Return
In the Catacombs
Revenge
Through the Portal
Underground
Trip
Magical Help
Confrontation
Alone
By the Water's Edge
Surprise
sorry :(
Returning
Be There
The Storm
Gems of Power
Frost
The Book
How to
Nerves
Gumball's back
Pink Light
Simone
House Hunting Time
Dinner
Planning
Something's Up
Crime and Punishment?
Thoughts Under the Stars
The Thought Cloud
Soooooo....
Waking Up
Trust
Party on a Cloud
It's Time
Wedding Crashers
Contact
Across the Space
A Handshake
Stay
Touch
Magic
Parallel
All the Little Peoples
Universes
Find Her
On the Other Side...
Legend
Goodbye and Hello
Ooo
Introductions
Tea
Tree House Talks
Home Again
Hope
Finally
Check Ups
Green Eyes
Meeting Time
Weaknesses
Admited
Visitor
Sorry... again,
Walls
A Beginning and an End
I Promise
Aunty Cake
Land of the Dead
Soul Chamber
Whispers
THE END (+Author's Note)
Epilogue

Tears

7.1K 239 250
Door MiraculouslyTrashy

3 Months Later

"It's official," I sigh, "we're moved in!" I slump down onto the couch in our new living room, the last room to be finished up.

Marshall sits next to me and kisses my cheek, "It's perfect."

"I should go see how Simone is getting on!" I realize, getting up off the couch.       

Marshall laughs and takes my hand, "I just checked on her 10 minutes ago, she's all settled in, she even said 'pretend like I’m not even here'".

I can just imagine Simone sitting in her own tree house, only a few trees away, reading one of the books we had collected for her, or researching things in her own lab. "Good," I settle back down onto the couch, "We can finally re-" my breath catches in my throat and I find myself swallowing a bit of vomit, "-lax." I finally force out.

His calm demeanor shifts, "Are you alright?" he rubs my back. 

"I-I'm fine. Isn’t it the day you usually go to the Nightosphere?" I ask, as he usually does dedicate a day or two out of the week for overseeing things in the Nightosphere now. 

"I don’t have to go today if you're feeling bad." he suggests.

I shake my head, "I’m fine, really; go ahead to work." I insist, waving him off.

His eyebrows scrunch together, he's quiet a while before deciding, "Okay, but you take it easy today, just lie down." before I can counter, he carries me over to our bed and lies my down, "I’ll be back as soon as I can." his hand lingers in mine before he lets go and closes the bedroom door behind him.

I wait to hear the portal to the Nightosphere open and close before getting out of bed and searching for the holophone. I find it on the side table next to a framed picture of Cake and I; Cake also being the one I’m about to call. It rings and rings until she finally picks up, "Fionna! Did you forget something over here?" she questions.

I shake my head, "No, I was wondering if you can take me to the doctor." my stomach lurches and threatens to erupt.

"I can just send over the clown nurses if you like." she suggests.

"No! You know I hate them." I warn, "Please, Cake, just come over as soon as you can." I urged. This nausea wave is stronger than the other's I’ve had the past few weeks. Before, I could easily control it and hide it, pass it off and convince myself that it must have been something I ate; but now, it’s so much stronger.

Cake instantly goes into 'nurture' mode, "I'll be over in two minutes. Hold on, baby." the phone turns off and I toss it onto the couch.

This time I can feel the sting of vomit at the back of my throat so I rush to the bathroom and barf violently into the toilet. This is subsequently where Cake finds me when I don’t answer the door when she arrives. "Fionna!!" she grabs a blanket from the bed and wraps me in it before cradling me in her arms and running me to the doctor's.

As she runs, the jostling is a bit much. I turn my head to face the ground and barf on the ground rushing beneath me. Through my squinted eyes I see Cake reach the same hospital that FP had been at a while ago. She bursts through the glass doors and I’m immediately laid down on some bed that gets wheeled away to an examining room.

Once we stop in the room, Doctor Prince sits down next to my bed. "So, what am I looking at here, exactly?" he asks, noting things down onto his clipboard. 

Cake curls up under my arm, her eyes asking if she should explain. I shake my head and start talking, "I've just been really nauseous lately and it keeps getting worse." 

Doctor Prince finishes writing a note and looks up, "I think I will run a few tests on you before coming to any conclusions".

And so went my afternoon, full of poking and prodding and sampling; Cake, all the while, never leaving my side. My stomach did settle a bit as the day went on, but it was replaced by worry of Marshall coming home early and worrying about me; When Doctor Prince leaves us alone to process some of the tests, this is all I can think about.

"What's wrong, Fionna? Don’t worry, we'll figure out what’s wrong with you soon enough." she pats my hand.

I nod, "I know," but then I shake my head, "but that’s not what I’m worried about." 

"What are you worried about then?" she asks. 

I pull the covers on the bed up higher, "Nothing, I mean, I guess I’m just anxious." I reason. 

There's a knock at the door, and Doctor Prince comes in, "Ah, yes, the results are in." she stands at my bed side, "May I be the first to congratulate you on your pregnancy!" He smiles.

Cake gasps, "Ohh! My baby's gonna have a baby! Fionna, isn’t this great? How are you going to tell Marshall?" she pauses, and asks more gently, "Fionna?"

My eyes are staring blankly at the opposite wall, "Are you sure?" I ask Doctor Prince, my voice hollow.

He nods and confirms, "Quite. Every test indicated so."

"What will happen?" I have to ask.

"Could you be more specific?"

I turn on him and ask too harshly, "Will this child live? Will it be born?" the image of my blood soaked bed taking up my mind. "I had a miscarriage before, will it happen again? Is a demon/ human/ vampire child able to be born? Tell me!" I beg, tears now streaming down my face. Now I understand what Cake meant about the pain of hoping. I cannot let myself believe I will be... a mother, if I have even an inkling that this child will never see the light of day.

Doctor Prince seems taken back for once. But he quickly straightens himself, "Fionna, I am going to be complete honest with you." he says frankly. "In truth, I do not know for sure. Never have I read or heard of such a pregnancy as yours before. But as for your previous miscarriage, I cannot tell you if it was because you cannot conceive a child between ones such as you and Marshall, or if it was other factors that caused the terminated pregnancy." he pauses, "I can tell you that we, the medical staff, will help you along every moment and through any complications." he puts his hand over his heart, "Put your lives in our hands and we will try everything we can to make sure this baby comes out healthy." he swears, his eyes never leaving mine for a second.

I dry my tears and I feel the 'hope' coming up to swallow me. "Thank you" I whisper.

He clears his throat, returning to his professional demeanor, "So I recommend you come by for a checkup every other week, or whenever you feel the need. Okay? Oh, and here's a prescription to help with the nausea."

"Thank you so much for the news, Doctor Prince." Cake adds. Taking the bottle that rattles from the pills inside, she scoops me up in her arms to leave.

Once out the door, Cake gets serious, "Fionna, are you going to be okay?" I nod. "I know you're scared but look at me and Lord Monochromicorn, we got inter-species babies, and there we're no complications."

"I know, but it seems different somehow,"

"You are going to tell Marshall, right?"

I don’t hesitate, "Yes," I recall the backlash from last time, "I’m not making that mistake again. This is his child too." I instinctually hold my hands against my stomach.

As we approach the tree house, I see all the lights on, shining against the darkness of the sky. "Looks like now's the time; Marshall must be home." Cake remarks. She drops me off on the front porch and wishes me love and luck. 

I push open the front door and met with an embrace, "Fi, I thought I told you to stay in bed. I come home and you're gone! Simone said she saw you and Cake going off together, where'd you go?"

I don’t answer his questions right away. Trying to keep a calm expression on my face, I guide us over to the couch and we both sit. I start, "I called Cake to take me to the doctor because I’ve been feeling pretty poopy the past few weeks and thought something must be wrong with me. I didn’t want you to worry."

"Fi,-"

I hold up a finger, stopping him in his tracks. I continue, "Doctor Prince ran some tests on me and found out why I’ve been feeling this way." I explain carefully.

"Please tell me it’s nothing serious!" his eyes deep with pain and worry.

My breaths catch in my throat as I start to cry. Marshall, probably fearing the worst, hugs me tightly as if he'll never let go. "Don’t cry, we'll get though this together." he comforts, but I can feel him start to shake from sadness.

But I am smiling, and I start a ragged, nervous, laugh that catches him off guard. At this point I, myself, realize I’m crying tears of joy. "M-marshall," I sniffle, "Marshall, I’m pregnant, we're going to have a baby!" I finally get out.

He just stares at me with questioning eyes, and I just keep nodding 'yes'. A smile begins to bloom across his face in true realization. "Fi," he says incredulously, "this...this is...incredible!" he stammers, seemingly unable to find the right words. "I love you, I love our child," he kisses my head and leans down an kisses my belly, "we're going to be a real family." He wipes the tears from my eyes, "I love you." We hold eachother in an embrace that lasts the rest of the night, falling asleep in eachother's arms.

.        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        . (PLEASE, one per reader)

.        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .

((WRITER OF THE WEEK: "TheAmazingJoker"!!! they've got their own fiolee story that looks pretty good :) go check 'em out!!!

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: if you could describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be? for me....... i guess i would say: introverted, dedicated, writer (i am a writer precicely because of those first 2 words :P) what about youuuu??? comment belowwwww!!!

ttyns

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

682 26 13
He is a playboy and July knows that but she can't stop the feelings that are blooming in her chest. She travvles back to Aaa and meets up with old f...
5.4K 178 10
Fionna is stuck in the tree house until the rain stops. She started wishing Prince Gumball, or at least someone, was there but to her luck, someone w...
59.3K 1.8K 70
Marshall Lee the Vampire King and Fionna the Human are like brother and sister. They adventure, fight evil, complete dungeons, and just plain hang ou...
1.4K 36 31
Now with their world being real and having some magic. Fionna and Cake embark on their greatest adventure ever SPACE!