Egg-istential Crisis

By kqwlau

A mysterious egg was discovered and now Maya must protect it so it doesn't fall in the wrong hands. More

Prologue
Three Years Later
Tacoma
Home Stretch

Bus Ride

9 3 0
By kqwlau

The bus ride to Tacoma was dreadful. I couldn't get the picture of Bella out of my head. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head like she was possessed. I leaned my head against the window. It's started raining about an hour after I got onto the bus. The water rolled off the windows and made a light, calming noise. Although I should be on my guard, I couldn't keep my heavy eyelids from falling. As the day grew darker, my vision slowly became pitch black.

I woke up to the bus stop so suddenly. The door flung open and two men in black coats walked through those doors. I looked up and pure terror was in my eyes. I quickly grabbed my bag and hugged it. The men walked down the aisle checking I.D cards. I grabbed my fake one out of my bag and kept my head low. The last thing I need is to be caught. I took a glance at my bag to see if the egg was hidden in the secret pocket. Then it came. The one thing I've been dreading for 6 years

"Hey, show me your I.D and face." He said strongly. I passed him my I.D hoping he won't notice my slight shaking, but another question popped up in my head. Is it him? "Now look at me!" He ordered strictly. I looked up with a weight that was keeping me from looking up. I finally did resentfully. To my shock, it was him, Shawn. I looked deeper into his eyes. They were full of shock and sadness. I quickly looked back down. "Let me search your bag." Shawn yanked my bag out of my arms. I let go and fell back into my seat. He quickly looked through my bag and didn't find the egg. I let out a sigh of relief when he swiftly threw the bag to me. Then he left. I looked through my bag once more to see if it was still there. My heart settled down when I found it where I left it. Then I noticed a piece of paper that wasn't mine. I unfolded it slowly and it read,

"Meet me where our lives changed. -Shawn," that happened to be where I was heading, Tacoma, Washington.

My head was spinning with questions. "Why would he help me?" I asked myself. "For the past three years, he did nothing but hide from me." instincts wanted to put all my trust in him and believe this is not a scam, but my heart says other things. One being he wouldn't show up. Two being this is a trap for me getting captured, but I wanted to believe. I remember my ignorance when I found the egg. "It's fine. Mom and dad don't need to know. Right? Plus if you die I will take blame okay. Now chill and have some fun in your life." I smirked at my memory. I should've listened to him then my life would have been normal, but something 'bout the egg. It was calling me to save it.

I did some research and this egg has touched this planet before records go back. I maybe bit off more than I can chew, but it was calling me. It is considered as mythology in our time and age. I have 5 years to make worth of this egg before it disappears again. It is special because of its powers it grants, so many people want it for power, but I plan to change that. I want it to do some good in this world. The egg is so valuable. Giving you the power to locate any person and kill them, with a price. You must sacrifice something very important to you. I've only used this power once. I cut off all my hair to give to this god. My hair was part of my identity and was very important to my religion. I gave up my arm and leg for this egg. But watching myself suffer from a horrific memory was not a path I wanted to take. I wanted to take the path of justice and revenge. So I killed the person that caused my parents to suffer. Die. I internally screamed. The tears threatening to fall. I blinked them back, my eyes burning. I didn't want to cry over spilt milk. I will bend over backwards. I will meet him where it all began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 38.9K 47
THE YEAR IS 2050. Human-like androids have become integrated into society and every household, becoming part of our daily lives. They look exactly li...
181K 18.8K 75
Book Four in the Expiring Series
Snow By Julia E.

Science Fiction

946K 58.5K 98
After an apocalyptic event that thrusts the world into a new ice age, Calestia - a 17-year-old girl with a strong will - must learn to survive on a l...
322K 12.6K 16
When aliens invade, four baristas are forced to become the saviours of the world. Grab your double-shot of java and strap in - it's going to be a bum...