Truly-Madly-Deeply Assistant

By ZaraPenn

Avery had big dreams but Jared, who can't seem to function without her, doesn't feel like letting her go. Is... More

Part One - First
Hurricane
All I need
She is gone
Change
Breakfast at Jared's
Games by the pool
Chances pt. 1
Chances pt. 2
Chances pt. 3 - Leaving
Summer special - The show
Summer Special - The after-party
Bitter welcomes
Medicate
Her favorite song
Shotgun
My way or the high way
One day
'A man on fire'
'A violent desire'
'Do you wanna cross the line?'
Morning Coffee
One in a million
This is us
Morning fluff
Flashback - Lily
Protective or selfish
Here goes nothing
Acceptance
Commit to the bit
Above the clouds
Homecoming
Flashback - You'll never know
Little truths
LA!Buzz - The gossip
The one with all the feelings
Out and About
Family issues
A year wiser
Flashback - All I have
The gift
Shadows of the past
A night apart
Take the car
Another day another girl
talk!showtime
New Year's Eve - Morning
New Year
It's over
Farewell
Flashback - The Oscars moment
Apart - phone calls
Apart - the bully
Apart - breaking point
Surprising Mr. Leto
Highs, lows and higher
His past
I don't
The Event pt. 1
The Event pt. 2
Morning news
Flashback - Backlash
LA!Buzz - The real deal
Hobbies
City of Exes
Flashback - Forever mine
Home
Capricorn and the pushover
Hurt
Hot and steamy
Untitled
The test of feelings
Leaving night
Friend or foe
Tips and tricks
Flashback - Scattered memories
Comfort pt. 1
Comfort pt. 2
Long distance
Moving on
Choosing dreams
Intimacy
Back to us
Brother's leftover
Just saying...
Mother in town
Taking control
Surrender
The new home
Stubborn mind, aching heart
Housewarming
Behind closed doors
Baby talk pt. 1
Baby talk pt. 2
A day in the life
LA!Buzz - Drama alert
Small town girl
Birthday surprise pt. 1
Birthday surprise pt. 2
Her past
Home big Home
Camp
Change is coming
Our life, our rules pt. 1
Our life, our rules pt. 2 - Ending

Ups and the downs

713 21 7
By ZaraPenn

The pool morning had its drama part but other than that it was much fun.

Jared and Shannon were goofing around the whole day as I was giggling on them most of the time.

Later on, the three of us cooked some food, Jared being the head chef. Then just chilled in the living-room. Jared was playing the guitar and singing, this time not his own songs, and we joined him too as we all had couple glasses of wine.

As much as I wanted to stay another night, I knew I had to go home.

There was no reason for me being here now non-stop and to tell the truth I needed some alone time to think about what Shannon was telling me and what I felt more and more; that I have to move on at some point and I am thirty years old I gave all I got, now I need to concentrate on myself.

But I didn't want to just go to Scotland and never come back. I wanted to let Jared know about my plans so he can prepare; either looking for another assistant or well, prepare to do his things on his own. But for me to have plans I needed to think and make decisions.

So, when late in the evening Shannon offered to drive me home, I said yes. Although Jared asked me if I have anything what I should be home for, he didn't start nagging me in front of his brother, so he nodded silently as he walked us out.

Heck, I even felt bad leaving him alone in his own home, how should I leave him "alone" in America?

I was lost in thoughts, and while we were walking to the gates with Shannon, I turned my head back just to see Jared in his robe and the glass of wine, still standing in his doorway, watching us leave, then he slowly closed the door.

The next couple days were silent.

I was mostly home, surfing the internet, checking out what kind of jobs there are in my field open right now.

I searched in the UK as well as in California. I knew that if I want to work in the music industry, maybe at a label or a record company, my best shot is either England or California. London was closer, but still far away from my hometown, so I might as well just stay put here, in California.

I sighed leaning back in my chair closing my laptop as I looked out of the window just to see the beautiful construction work outside my house.

It was Thursday, hours before the general meeting with the band's team. It is going to be more than thirty people with the tour crew as well, and I had a job; firing Lora.

I rubbed my face as I walked to my dining table with my makeup bag and sat down in front of my small mirror and started applying some foundation.

Can't lie I felt stressful in the last two days, even if I had nothing to do. It was time to start my future. Today I am not only going to fire Lora, but also give my notice of leaving for Jared.

It was a hot day in LA and thinking back of what Jared said, I dared to put on a loose top, letting my arms free.

I took a deep breath getting out of the taxi at the studio and walked into the building.

I pushed the button of the elevator to go to the third floor where our meeting room was when I saw Lora walking into the building too.

She wore a white, lace dress, heels and her hair was up in a ponytail. When she saw me, she pushed the sunglasses onto the top of her head.

"Hey Av," she stood next to me peering at me from the side.

"Hey," I smiled, "how are you?" I asked kindly.

She looked to me, then just rolled her eyes turning her head back to the elevator.

"Is... something wrong?" I asked uncertain holding onto my bag more.

"Oh, well I don't know, lets see..." she started so mad and dramatically, "Yeah maybe that they fired me because of you, yeah... something IS wrong!" she said, and my eyes grew wider.

"What?" I asked genuinely shocked.

"Yeah, when Jared told me, he said it was you suggesting the marketing team to fire me because... ah yeah, you had to rewrite my statements and press releases, but you know what?" she turned towards me, lightning in her eyes. "You are just jealous as hell because he likes me!"

I snorted. I was so shocked I didn't even know what to say. What a move Jared...

"Lora, listen..."

"No, you listen you freak," she hissed turning to me threateningly, "If you think that you ever gonna be on a level where Jared would bring you to bed you are so wrong," she spat.

I just laughed about this absurd comment.

"Lora, have you ever thought about the possibility that not everyone's life goal is to get fucked by their boss?" I looked at her seriously.

The elevator has arrived some time ago, but we were way too deep into arguing, but when I realized I just stepped in and she followed me pushing the button as she continued.

"You know yesterday I was at Jared's. Probably better that you fired me, now there is no work matters to ruin our relationship," she said head held high and as the lift opened she walked out, and I looked after her stunned.

What the hell? I thought firing her was because Jared didn't want her around anymore.

I was still blinking after her when Jared was walking by the lift, munching on a banana and when I saw him I grabbed his upper arm while he was trying to have a bite. He looked at me confused as I pulled him into the lift and pushed the door closing button. 

"You fired Lora and told her it was because of me?" I stated outraged and he sighed lowering his banana.

"I know Avery, but she kept texting me, then showed up at my house; I had to get rid of her."

"Oh, stop it!" I slapped his chest with the back of my hand, and he looked at me raising an eyebrow, "You slept with her! Again!" I whispered, like it's a sin.

"Okay yeah... I might have, but it was before firing her, I thought if she gets some Jared love she won't be that mad at me at least," he shrugged, and I looked up at him in disbelief.

"Unbelievable. So now what? I have to sleep with her too to not be mad at me?" I asked sarcastically but looking at Jared's smirk I rolled my eyes.

"Don't even answer that."

"Look, and what if she is mad at you?" he shrugged.

"For your information she is mad at me like a whole lot and thinks that you two's relationship can glow now that you got rid of being work mates, so congratulations on your new stalker."

I opened the lift doors and started to walk away.

"Whaaat?" he asked as he hurried after me.

"Jared, you told me, you have to let them go after the third time... well you were going after your dick, you deal with it," I stated as I kept walking.

"Wow, back off with the raw talk, lady," he said surprised, and I just shook my head with a smile.

I genuinely didn't know why I was mad. It is not like Lora and I were friends or anything close to that.

I peeked to Lora's office just to see her packing her table and Jared stopped next to me.

"I guess I really have to talk to her."

The meeting was on for like three hours going through venues, cities, hotels, songs, marketing, sales, PR...

I was barely paying any attention as I am not even going to be there and all I was thinking is that in 5 days I will be flying home.

I was excited and bit scared at the same time.

After the meeting people slowly started to leave and I just stood in the door waiting for Jared as I was planning to talk to him now about me leaving, but after saying good bye to everyone he looked at me and sighed,

"I talked to Lora..." he started as he sat back into the chair and I walked closer.

"Good. She alright?"

"She was crying," Jared looked up to me with guilt. "She was crying asking me what she did wrong and that she would do anything for me and there's no one else but me... but I mean, for God's sake we barely knew each other," he stated totally confused and I sighed.

"Come on, don't act so clueless, Jared. She was a twenty-something fan girl who probably even knows your favorite color and the places of all your moles. Of course in her mind you guys were already married, even before you met," I explained, and he pressed his lips looking away.

"I feel terrible!" He rubbed his face with his palms. "It is like a breakup what I hate and swore I would never do again... just seeing her crying there and I had no idea what to do, she was so mad, then just stormed out..."

"She will be fine, Jared," I said stepping behind him and started to massage his shoulders and neck.

He liked my massages. I did it a lot when he had the back problem, and since then it does work as comforting pretty well. Although, probably Lora would have needed this more.

He sighed still so tense.

"I know you didn't want this, but the games you play... they do have consequences sometimes. Not all women are like groupies even if they think they could be, some will realize they can't," I said working on his shoulder blades firm.

His last serious relationship years ago went to hell. Since then women are coming and going in his life faster then airplanes at LAX.

He realized he can get what he wants without the work what comes with a relationship. His work like music and movies, was his life and the more he worked the less he wanted to concentrate on keeping relationships alive.

Then as he started to age, the younger the women were who ended up in his bed the more reassurance he got that he is still in the game.

Now he is just stuck in this devil's circle, detached from reality.

I slowly ended the massage, keeping my hands on his shoulders.

"Alright, let's leave, shall we?"

"Are you coming to mine's?" he asked turning with the chair looking at me.

"I'll just go home, I have some things to take care of," I said and he nodded, turning back with the chair towards his computer.

"I'm staying a bit more, you just go," he said sounding cold and I sighed turning away and started to walk out.

Reaching the lift, while I waited, I just realized I totally forgot to mention my plans of leaving.

I looked up to the ceiling with a whine.

The lift arrived and I just walked in pushing the button to go down.

Maybe tomorrow.

I was walking to the front of the building ready to call an uber, but my fingers stopped, and I pressed my lips looking back at the studio.

It was early evening and there was only one window still lit up by a dim light of the room where Jared was still sitting.

Last time was not the first he mentioned or hinted that he doesn't want to be alone.

He was so used to working 24/7 and when he has free days he still works or writes songs, and he liked being by himself. But in the last couple months... it's like he has no motivation to any of those.

Last time, when he had a dark patch in his life or mind, he needed his friends to yank him out. That is when he started climbing more and more, almost daily.

I feel like now he might need friends again.

But there are not many left.

I turned on my heels and walked back to the studio, up with the lift and walked back to the meeting room.

Jared was still sitting there, but his laptop was shut.

His forehead was on the table, hair as curtain, covering his face. His legs were moving to some rhythm. I saw the cord of the earbuds; he was listening to music.

I walked there gently laying a hand onto his back what made his head jerk up and rubbed his eyes, but he didn't look up to me, keeping his head low.

"What?" he mumbled taking one of his earbuds out.

"I couldn't find an uber nearby. I was thinking to hang out here and you could give me a ride whenever you're ready," I said stepping a bit back.

"You live far?" he asked bored.

"We can go to your place," I offered, and he nodded slowly, throwing his phone to the table from his hands and shook his head to get the hair out of his face.

"Sure, if you want to..."

"I wanna go for some early morning hike tomorrow, and I thought you would be the perfect company to show me the best trails around," I smiled and finally he looked up to me raising an eyebrow.

"You hike?"

"I haven't really done any activities in the past couple of months, we were working our asses off. Thought you might like the idea as well before you back on the tour," I shrugged, and he thought about it and nodded.

"I know a great place. My favorite, actually."

"Great, then let's go have some rest before we go into the wild," I nudged his arm and he smiled lightly standing up.

He didn't want to look me in the eyes for too long, but I saw their redness anyway.

"Alright."

"Can I drive?" I grinned holding my hand out if he gives me the keys.

"Fuck no!" he stated firm as he started to walk out and I just chuckled hurrying after him.

We went home and I felt so much better being able to... be there for Jared, but this time not to find his socks, but to start lifting his spirit up again.

The end of this part (and the next one coming up) was inspired by the following video, I have recently watched. It has been edited super good and emotional and I just love to see this part of Jared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 220 32
Shannon Leto fanfic. The last chapter of this story was written with @Galaxycollector.
2.3K 195 29
The world is slowly fading into blackness as the Lurians, an immortal alien species, invaded and enslaved planet Earth, and slowly but surely humans...
8.5K 609 47
One night in mid-90's L.A., Jane meets two brothers in a diner. A series of simple decisions ends up turning her life on its ear while she tries to...
5.4K 445 21
***BOOK ONE OF AMOUR ÈTERNEL SERIES*** Philautia: /fɪˈlɔːtɪə/ NOUN Positive = High esteem, self compassion. Negative = Self-love; self-conceit; undue...