Glorybringer: Short stories

By Iceheartttt

Glorybringer is a very popular ship among the very chaotic world of Wings Of Fire. It is my OTP and I am prou... More

Jealous
Hide and Seek PART 1
Hide and Seek PART 2
Lockdown
Wow
Sworn Oath
Gone Pt.1
Fml
Gone Pt.2
Gone Pt. 3
Injury
What can I say?What can I do?Say sorry again and be a disapointment?

Lost

1.8K 19 17
By Iceheartttt

Squelch! Squelch! That was the noise that ringed in Glory's head as she stepped forward in what used to be a big lake, now turned into a green and brown mixed with blue and dark green swamp. It was about 4 feet deep and really sticky. Almost like walking into quicksand, you step Forward and you slowly sink. Except this time, you sink for a few seconds until your whole forearm is in the sticky substance.
           It was ridiculously pouring outside. The sky was smoking furiously, and the huts where her subjects lived were dark brown. There were a mother load of reports about minor flooding. At least for the nightwings. The Rainwings homes were in the tree tops and they had to bring over wood to cover them. Many of the Rainwings; or basically all of them, liked the rain. Glory on the other talon, didn't like it one bit. She hated the way her scales felt really cold and the little crystal clear teardrops plattered her completely, soaking her.
           Deathbringer was out helping the Rainwings and nightwings take cover and assisting in minor flooding. While he didn't have any grudge about helping there was one tiny problem.
        His over protective side.

         Dear moons, he was a pain in her tail when she gave him his assignment.
Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       "JUST GOO!" Yelled Glory angrily.
        "I'm not leaving you by yourself Glory!"
        "It's not about ME! It's about the dragons out there struggling in this stupid downpour!"
         "Well what about you? What if you-"
          "DONT YOU DARE GIVE ME A 'WHAT IF'! YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL THAT I CAN DEFEND MYSELF!  I Just DONT understand WHY YOU WONT TAKE YOUR ASSIGNMENT!" Scolded Glory.
         "Glory I'll GLADLY take it. I just don't want you getting hurt."
       "ARRRRRRRGH! JUST GO! Three MOONS WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH YOU YOUR SO INSUFFERABLE!! I don't GET  why you WONT LISTEN TO MEEE!!" Glory screamed at him. She was pretty sure she would lose her voice afterwards
       "Stop. Yelling. Your gonna lose your voice."
        "DONT-" The queen paused for a moment, taking a deep breath, calming herself.
         "Dont change the subject. Please Deathbringer. Help our dragons stay safe and warm. Please." She pleaded.
         Deathbringer sighed. "What about you? You need to stay safe and warm too." He pointed out.
        "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Rainwings are supposed to be build for this."
        "Fine I'll go, just stay out of danger's claws alright?" He Asked, already at the door. She nodded and he left.

       Flashback over
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She had left to go make sure there wasn't any potential falling trees or anything that could harm her dragons. That's how she got caught up in this.
SQUELCH! As Glory tried to yank her arm back it didn't. Uh oh.
She was stuck.
She tried to twist around as hard as she could, but nothing worked. Glory finally got her wings out of the sticky substance and jumped up to fly. She only got a few feet out before she was stuck mid-air and her talons were desperately trying to free themselves. She thought of the one thing that could save her right now; and that was her venom. Glory knew she was risking accidentally spraying herself along with the mud but she had to do it. She had to fly all over the area so she could put up warning signs not to come here.
Glory wrinkled her snout, her bottom lip curled inward, making a deadly, black liquid form in her fangs, she backed her body up a bit, pressed her lips together, and spit where her talons were.
"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"
Glory screamed in pure agony as the substance not only cut through the mud, but left a huge mark, that was still eating away in her left talon and only a few speckles in her right.
She cried out and flared her wings, making her fly into the nearest tree. She screamed in pain and strangled against the wet bark. Crying out and screaming endlessly, her voice died down in her throat.
Her eye lids felt heavy and she felt herself slipping way, dizzy and lightheaded. I'm gonna pass out. She thought. It was the only thing the hurt rainwing Queen could think. Her thoughts trailed off and she finally let her eyes close. And then everything went black.

But not before she felt cool scales in her back side.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Deathbringer was holding back a roar of pain. He was moving a huge tree that had landed in front of the wingery blocking the entrance; keeping the parents from getting there frightened dragonets. Flying out there was like jumping into a dragon bite viper pit.

And he had learned that lesson the hard way.

         Earlier that day, Deathbringer had a huge argument with Glory. When he left, he was hesitant, but he figured it would be easier if he just stuck his head in the job and left without looking back. It was a skill an assassin had to master. The wind outside was angry, furiously blowing rain in his face, it was foggy and he could only see so much in front of him.
          As he was flying towards the Night village, a tree branch was thrown at him. It hurled him at the trees that were miles from him and he just so happened to land in the area that was covered in vines. Not only was it covered in vines, it was invaded with thrones and prickly things that could cut, heavy things that would break you and ridiculously slimy ground. His talons caught on a vine for a aloof second and then crashed through thrones and his wings........

      Dear moons his wings were heavy, red and welted sacks that dragged off his back. They were torn and his tail was infested with thorns that ripped off their flowers and glued themselves to him. When he rolled off the tree stuff, he slide farther into the deadly jungle; the cause of mud.

       He just so happened to land right next to a tree that fell, it broke his ankle, which had caused him to scream in pure pain. He dragged his aching and screaming body off into the healers that was next to him. They got off most of the stuff (which by the way took over 2 hours just sayin ) He rain outside. Desperate to try and find Glory. If he had already been through crap within 30 minutes after leaving safety, He couldn't imagine Glory's point of view.

      With all his streamers he shove the tree out of the way and ran off back to the healers for painkillers. There was no way he could find Glory, with his wings and talons falling off him. "WHERE ARE THE PAINKILLERS?!" He yelled. All the Rainwings looked at him like they saw a ghost. There was a mirror in the room, he limped over to it and gasped.
He had scans on his forehead and three moons the scratches were uncountable. His wings were torn and dragging across his back. The healers gave him some and brought in a warm bath of water and some other stuff to clean out his wounds and any puss in his body. They laid him on a table and took a look at it, they confirmed it was broken and started working on it. The main doctor said it would require surgery to fix his bone; but as they worked there was a scream, it was a scream that he would always come running to. It belonged to Glory and it was full of pain.

Deathbringer shoved them out of the way, grabbed some pills and painfully took off. But when he took off, he collapsed on the ground, causing him to let out a painful shriek. His body was pretty much covered in bandages. Guess I have to run them. And he did just that. He ran as fast as he could, slowing down because of his foot.
When he got there, it was mortifying to him. Glory was on the ground covered in mud, rolling around a tree with her wings tearing as they were stuck in twigs and vines. Her talon was completely black and it was burning. She screamed and cried and she was in unimaginable pain. Deathbringer climbed to her and collided with her, draping his wings to try and calm her down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Screaming was the new noise that rang through her head. But when a familiar scent appeared next to her and cool wings draped on her, her screaming halted to a stop an she just gasped heavily, like there was no air in the world. She was shaking and it wasn't until black talon grasped her shoulder that it finally snapped her out of her gaze.
Glory kicked and screamed, clawing at whatever grabbed her. She paused when she heard a familiar,deep, masculine voice. "Glory,Glory Hey! It's me it's Deathbringer calm down!" He pleaded. "Calm down, relax your safe." Glory shakily looked up to find the nightwing assassin looking at her with gentle concerned eyes and something else she couldn't figure out. "D-Deathbringer." She wined. She whimpered and broke down into a cry, caused by her pain. "Hey shhhh it's ok, your alright I'm here."
Deathbringer pulled her into a hug and gently wrapped his torn wings around her fragile body. Glory tried to run to him but was stopped by a sharp pain and a scream. Deathbringer quickly picked her up and held her to him.
"Deep breath it's ok, I'll get you out, get you help."
Glory clung to him like her life depended on it. It kinda did though, considering her wings were pretty much ripped off her body with every movement she made.
"Imma pull your wings out ok?"
She nodded. But fear took her and she squinted her eyes shut, her body tensing.
"Don't worry I'll wait for you if your not ready." He Said softly and reassuringly.
"I'm ready." She whispered.
"Ok one, two......"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     He placed his two talons on the ends of her wings and jerked. She paused when she cried out. It took everything he had to not make sure she's ok and spend an hour saying sorry.
     He pulled carefully, Right wing out, left one to go.
     He dreaded pulling out the bottom half, he could see that a membrane he as crushed and need to be rebuild. Sensitive nerves that were triggered by the impact were down there. He placed his talon down there and just as quickly yanked her wing out, reviving a scream. Deathbringer pulled to to the ground and sat with her, letting her sob into his chest. When she finally calmed down she looked up at him and her eyes widen, just noticing his messed up body.
       Glory took a painful step back and looked at him. "What happened to you?"
          "Life Glory, this storm hates nightwings as much as Icewings do."
      She giggled and then winced. Tears formed in her eyes again. Deathbringer pulled out the pills he stole at showed them to her. "Here I grabbed some from the healers." Glory grabbed the painkiller one and swallowed it like it was no thing. She took the infection one that was a bit bigger but she downed that one too. "I would carry you to a shelter out here if my ankle wasn't broken."
      Her eyes widen and said, "Dear moons." Deathbringer chuckled and both of them limped to a little cave shelter that had hay in it, probably belonged to an animal but for the night it would be theirs. Deathbringer walked to the farthest corner and opened his wing as if inviting her in with him.
       Glory gladly snuggled in his wing. Deathbringer carefully took off his bandages from his wings and from his talon to put it on Glory. "Deathbringer you don't have to do this, I'll be fine."
      "No, I need to make sure your ok, I can't live without you Glory, take them." He confessed while bandaging her up.
        "There all done-" Deathbringer was cut off as he felt something press against his lips and a nervous, happy feeling in his chest. When it was gone he opened his eyes and they widen. Glory have gotten up and kissed him. Before she could say a word, he grabbed her face and pulled her into a passionate kiss. Glory kissed him back and kissed him when they pulled away, they cuddled in the hay, falling asleep in each other's scarred arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 78 7
HEY THERE! Why I wrote that in caps I dont know. Welcome to my Glorybringer book! Im sure you guys know how this goes. Just a Glorybringer oneshots b...
54.2K 683 21
(2020) Hi! This is my Cleril fan fiction. I'll try to post often, and... yeah! Hope you enjoy. #1 in wings of fire fanfiction! #1 in Cleril! #2 in w...
15K 161 36
I ship Glorybringer, so there. I do not own any art used for this, nor do I own any characters except Nightstalker, Macaw, and Moonraiser, as well as...
11.7K 126 26
In a world where everything is far from perfect, there are challenges, risks, failed tasks and so much more. So after Glory and Deathbringer have the...