Player Next Door

By ShatterAngel

The student council decides to throw the yearly Couple Fest for Seniors because of their high grades. But the... More

Player Next Door
1: The Couple Fest
2: This. Is. Message. War.
3: Two Can Play This Game
4: You Get Me A Punch And I'll Throw It At Your Face
5: A Hard Lunch
6: I Couldn't Care Less
7: Please Don't Act Like The Hallway Is An Underwear Runway
8: I Scream For Ice Cream
9: Twenty Questions
10: Chocolate Kisses
11: A Sky Full Of Stars
12: The Sour Lemon vs. The Smirking Watermelon
13: But What You Said I Didn't
14: Feels Like It
15: I Need You Here Or You'll Be Gone Forever
16: Morning
17: I Owned Every Second That This World Could Give
19: The Heavenly Goodness of Chocolate Ice Cream
20: Beauty and the Beast
21: Monday
22: Cheers to Living Life
23: You Don't Poke Pancakes
24: The Phone Rings
25: Lover (End)

18: Mason Who?

65.1K 2K 465
By ShatterAngel

Sean and I were on good terms just as always. Nothing much changed and I thought for a while that nothing bad would happen. That's where I was all wrong.

"What would you and your friends want for lunch?" Claire asks with her back to me, frying the eggs for breakfast.

"Any will do." I say simply. Caitlin and Emma would be visiting today.

Caitlin was ecstatic to visit Sean's house. I mean if you were a nobody in school, not that Caitlin's a nobody, and you would have the privilege to see the home of the most popular guy in school who wouldn't grab that opportunity?

"I know the perfect recipe." Claire turns her head and glances at me with a smile.

"Oh I never doubt your cooking." And I never did. Aunt Claire makes the best cookies which are to die for. I would probably make a special order for later.

"Good morning angel." Sean wraps his arms around me from behind and kisses my neck lightly.

"Morning." I chirped.

"Grab a room you two." Claire playfully scolds.

Sean chucked from behind. Claire tolerated Sean sleeping around saying it was in the genes, just that he be careful. I didn't comment about that and I diverted the topic when it popped up.

"This already is a room." Sean says flirtingly.

"Not in front of the food." Claire scowls Sean's way and places the newly fried eggs on the plate.

The sight was mouthwatering and I'm really craving eggs now that I could almost taste it in my mouth.

"I'm hungry." I whined while I wriggled free out of Sean's arms but he wouldn't budge.

"Release the girl, queen's orders." Claire says in a mock British accent as she settles the plate on the kitchen island which was right across me by the way. Tempting to be ate.

Sean finally released me with a short laugh when I hastily plopped down on the stool and devoured my eggs like a monster.

"Someone's hungry." Sean sits beside me and leans on his elbows to look at me, more like stare.

"You better not have gotten her pregnant." Claire crosses her arms on her chest and leans her hips on the other side of the counter across us.

"I wouldn't." Sean gasps in horror and I laugh at his failed attempt. He's not good in acting, I'll give him that.

"Just eat." I hit his arm before placing a spoonful of eggs in my mouth.

"Oh I'd rather eat something else." Sean wriggles his eyebrows and I wince.

I make choking noises and Sean laughs. "I'm eating here." I reminded him with a scowl.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Claire raises her hands up in surrender and exits the kitchen in a rush.

"So we won't be having any alone time today then." Sean's voice sounds disappointed but his face shows otherwise.

"I guess..."

Sean nods his head looking down with a frown.

"Tonight." I continued.

"Really?" Sean snaps his head up in surprise.

"Mmmhmmm" I smile.

"When will your friends come?"

"You say it like you don't know them." I say tilting my head to the side thoughtfully.

He shrugs. "After breakfast."

"Oh my gosh!" I hear a voice say behind me and I cringe away.

"Caitlin!" I playfully scolded. "You should stop that bad habit of yours."

I was having a wonderful morning eating tasty eggs when Caitlin had to barge in and start screaming like a crazy woman.

"Sorry, she's been like that since we arrived." Emma apologizes looking at Caitlin who was busily checking out the large fridge.

I bet she'll find her favorite chocolates there...

"Kisses!" Caitlin grabs a pack and raises it high up in the air.

I laughed at her crazy state. I think someone gave her drugs.

"Alright admit it, who gave her drugs?" I look around accusingly, and we all bursted out laughing except for Caitlin who looked at us confused.

"Whatever. I'll go meet with the guys." Sean says breathing heavily, he kisses my cheek before walking out of the kitchen reading something in his phone.

"Did the deed yet?" Emma asks with raised eyebrows.

"Nope. He won't get it that easily." Emma nods thoughtfully for a while before smiling brightly. "Let's get this party started."

"Let's watch a movie."

"What movie?" Emma glances at Caitlin who was busy mashing chocolates on her face.

"Monte Carlo." I smile knowingly. It's my favorite movie and the best way to watch it is with...

"Combos!" Emma exclaims with wide eyes. I nod my head.

"But we don't have it here. I'll go to the nearest grocery."

"Are you sure you'll be alright by yourself?"

"Of course, I'm a big girl now. Besides" I glance at Caitlin. "You have to watch her."

We both laughed and I went outside to take a walk. The nearest convenience store was just close to the neighborhood so it was a short walk.

The store was mostly deserted except for a few customers. I went to the snacks section and got two large bags of cheddar cheese Combos. Oh my, delicious.

"Sorry." I exclaimed as I immediately bumped into a hard chest when I opened the door and stepped outside.

My first thought was Sean but when I looked up at his eyes they were different. A shade of blue and green. He had the same blond hair and what made them both different was the body shape and eye color.

The guy in front of me did look attractive but Sean was more attractive. The only difference was that the guy in front of me had a larger body than Sean, and I mean more muscles as that.

I mentally shook my head. Maybe I'm already missing him so much that I'm starting to hallucinate.

"It's okay." His husky voice replied. "I'm Mason Gilbert by the way."

I narrowed my eyes. "Excuse me?"

"Mason Gilbert." He repeats

Gilbert.

"Ummmm, excuse me." I walk around him and continue my way back home.

I didn't bother to acknowledge his confused face and just continued walking away in a daze.

Could he be Sean's older brother? No. It can't be. If Sean's brother was in town he would've known.

I stopped on my tracks. He would've told me.

I ran my fingers through my hair hastily and quickened my pace. I need to talk to him. Tonight.

Once I entered the home theatre room I didn't acknowledge Emma and a sober Caitlin who looked up when I entered, nor did I acknowledge the smell of my favorite cookies. Well, not yet.

I plonked myself beside them and looked directly at the large screen which covered up the whole wall across.

"What's up with you?" Emma asks in between munching her cookies.

"Nothing." I say cheerily adding a smile her way.

Emma flinched at my sudden mood swing. "Okaaay..."

We continued watching movie after movie and eating Combos in between. They mostly forgot my grim entrance and we laughed at Caitlin's failed attempt of making jokes.

Our eyes began to droop. Caitlin and Emma were already sleeping soundly beside me but I refused to go to sleep yet.

I waited for Sean for a few more hours and when I was sure that he wouldn't come home I relaxed and let sleep engulf my body. Almost.

I heard the faint sound of Sean's car and I removed the blanket I was wrapped up in and stood up stretching my arms and legs.the chairs were comfortable but I still loved my bed.

I walked outside and spotted Sean taking off his leather jacket by the front door.

I leaned against the wall and rubbed my sleepy eyes with the heel of my hand.

"Where have you been?"

"The guys lost track of time playing video games." Sean stood across me with a hesitant smile.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

"I missed you." He cups my cheek and kisses my lips gently. A kiss meant to show longing not list.

"I have to tell you something." I pulled back looking at him in the eye.

"What?" He tilts his head to the side and looks at me carefully.

"I saw someone today,"

"And?"

"Mason Gilbert." Sean froze, his eyes turning cold and guarded. "Who is he?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"My brother." Sean's jaw clenches.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered looking at him in concern. "I didn't want it to be a burden." he looks away.

"It's never a burden. These past few weeks you looked fine and happy. When did you know?"

"A few days ago. My dad called my cell and told me he would be visiting."

"Have you seen him?"

"No." Sean's hand clenched into tight fists.

I nod my head unaware of what else to say. I wanted to comfort him, he looked so bothered unlike the Sean I know.

"Don't talk to him." Sean almost growls. "I don't want you near him."

My phone suddenly goes off and I jump in surprise. Who would call this late at night?

I got out my phone from my pocket and looked at the unknown number baffled.

"Hello?"

"Elise Britts." an unfamiliar voice says. I glance up at Sean who frowns.

"How did you get my number?" Was my smart response. He chuckles. "I have my ways."

"I don't want to talk to you." From the moment I saw him, I had a weird feeling about him.

"Don't you know? I'm only being polite. C'mon, give it a chance. Maybe we could meet each other again formally and get to know each other."

He sounds genuinely polite so I really have no choice why not to. I sighed.

"Fine. I'm Elise Britts."

"And I'm Mason Gilbert. A pleasure to meet you." I could hear him smile.

"You too, but maybe you could call in a different time?" I ask hopefully.

"Goodnight Elise." I quickly hung up not bothering a reply, looking at Sean the whole time who was looking at me with questionable angry eyes.

Mason Gilbert was all he had to hear from me for him to throw the nearest vase to the wall. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7M 235K 35
Angel Harper has had a tough life. At fifteen, she lost her parents and little brother to a tragic car accident that will forever change her. Her aun...
9.7K 374 32
WARNING ⚠️ This book I am not proud of and I could have done better. In my opinion it's kinda bad but be my guest to give it a shot and find out you...
788K 25.5K 34
"You really changed" David commented as he sat next to me. I shook my head and smiled. "Not really" I told him and then someone jumped on the cou...
34.5K 1.7K 38
Started in 2018 Hardcopy available on NotionPress and Amazon *Rank* 1 * in #boynextdoor *Rank* 1 * in #badboylovestory When shy yet sarcastic Daniel...