Dreaming of a Blue Box | The...

By KleeAlise11

{ORIGINAL VERSION} "Why did you take my necklace?" "Because I wanted you to follow me." <3 Imagine that th... More

Before You Read
Note from the Author
Extended Summary
The Doctor & Lily
Cast
The Doctors Edits
The Companions Edits
Playlist
Themes
Prologue
Lily & Rose - I
Lily & Rose - II
Lily & Rose - III
Lily & Rose - IV
Lily & Rose - V (Final)
The End of the World - I
The End of the World - II
The End of the World - III
The End of the World - IV
The End of the World - V (Final)
The Unquiet Dead - I
The Unquiet Dead - II
The Unquiet Dead - III
The Unquiet Dead - IV
The Unquiet Dead - V (Final)
Welcome Home Girls
Aliens of London - I
Aliens of London - II
Aliens of London - III
Aliens of London - IV
Aliens of London - V (Final)
World War III - I
World War III - II
World War III - III
World War III - IV
Dalek - I
Dalek - II
Dalek - III
Dalek - IV
Dalek - V (Final)
The Long Game - I
The Long Game - II
The Long Game - III
The Long Game - IV
The Long Game - V (Final)
Father's Day - I
Father's Day - II
Father's Day - III
Father's Day - IV
Father's Day - V (Final)
Harkness & Carter
The Empty Child - I
The Empty Child - II
The Empty Child - III
The Empty Child - IV
The Empty Child - V (Final)
The Doctor Dances - I
The Doctor Dances - II
The Doctor Dances - III
The Doctor Dances - IV
The Doctor Dances - V (Final)
Beauty and the Beast
Boomtown - I
Boomtown - II
Boomtown - III
Boomtown - IV
Boomtown - V (Final)
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - I
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - II
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - III
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - IV
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - V (Final)
The Parting of Ways - I
The Parting of Ways - II
The Parting of Ways - III
The Parting of Ways - IV
The Parting of Ways - V (Final)
Epilogue
DISCONTINUED

World War III - V (Final)

4.4K 200 14
By KleeAlise11

Continue from World War III - IV

---

Lily smiled as she watched Harriet on TV. She sat down on the sofa in her living room beside Rose.

"Harriet Jones." Jackie scoffed, making her way into the room sitting down on a chair. "Who does she think she is? Look at her, taking all the credit. Should be the two of you on there. My daughters saved the world!"

"The Doctor had a part in it too, Mum." Lily said with a soft giggle.

"Alright then, him to." Jackie sighed. "You three should be given knighthoods."

"That's not that way he does things. You should know that." Lily shook her head. "No fuss. He just moves on. He's not that bad if you gave him a chance."

"He's good in a crisis, I'll give him that." Jackie admitted.

Rose gasped at her statement. "Oh, now the world has changed. You're saying nice things about him."

Jackie rolled her eyes. "Well, I reckon I've got no choice. There's no getting rid of him since your sisters infatuated."

"I'm not infatuated." Lily blushed and sunk into the couch.

"Oh come on. You're practically in love with him." Rose nudge her side.

"Am not!" Lily lied through the skin of her teeth. "After what happened with Jack I'm not interested in guys right now."

"What does he eat?" Jackie asked Lily.

"Normal human food." She shrugged. "Why?"

"I was going to do shepherds pie." Jackie smiled at her. "All of us. A proper sit down, 'cos I'm ready to listen. I wanna learn about you two and him and that life you lead. And don't you dare say you have no feelings for him. I've seen the way he looks at you."

Lily's breath caught in her throat. She didn't want to tell her how she really feels about him just yet so she decided to change the subject. "He'll have shepherd pie. You're going to cook for him?"

"Yeah. What's wrong with that?"

"He's finally met his match." Rose laughed. Lily joined in and soon so did Jackie.

-

Lily stood in the doorway of the kitchen as Rose helped Jackie start dinner. Feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket. She took it out, saw it was the TARDIS calling and held it to her ear. "Hello?"

"Right." The Doctor told her, going straight to business. "I'll be a couple of hours, then we can go."

"You've got a phone?" She had to ask.

"You think I can travel through space and time and I haven't got a phone? Like I said, couple of hours. I've just got to send out this dispersal." There was a beep from the other line. "There you go. That's cancelling out the Slitheen's advert in case any bargain hunters turn up."

"My mum's cooking." Lily offered.

"Good. Put her on a slow heat and let her simmer."

Lily rolled her eyes. "She's cooking dinner. For us."

"I don't do families."

"What about me and Rose?" She whispered into the line, not wanting them to over hear her.

"You two are an exception."

"She wants to get to know you!" Lily slowly walked into the living room, back now to the kitchen.

"Tough. I've got better things to do."

"She's my mother!" Lily was getting angry. She thought she was stubborn.

There was a pause then he answered. "Well, you can stay there if you want, but right now there's this plasma storm brewing in the Horsehead Nebula. Fires are burning ten million miles wide. I could fly the Tardis right into the heart of it then ride the shock wave all the way out. Hurtle right across the sky and end up. Anywhere. Your choice. Relay the message to Rose."

-

Lily stood in her room with both her blue duffle and Rose's red one on the bed, throwing clothes into the appropriate bag.

"Hey Lils!" Rose called from down the hall. "Mums asking if he drinks? She's got a bottle of Amaretto from New Year's Eve and I can't remember if he does are not." She stops in their doorway watching as Lily packed both of their bags.

"Yeah he drinks." Lily spoke still packing them up. "Help me out would you. I don't know what outfits you prefer."

"We're traveling with him again aren't we?" Rose asked in disbelief. "The both of us?"

Lily stopped packing and turned around to her. "Of course. Remember what I promised you? I ain't traveling with him with out you. You're more than my sister. You're my best friend." She smiled sweetly. "I do everything with you."

"What will we tell mum?"

Lily's smile turned to a frown matching Rose's. "I don't know."

-

Now it was night time as Mickey sat on a trash can reading a newspaper. The Doctor stuck his head out of the TARDIS to the boy who was cleaning off the graffiti. He had no clue was BAD WOLF meant but could have sworn he's heard LONE WOLF many times before. He shook the idea out of his head as he looked down to the boy. "Good lad. Graffiti that again and I'll have you. Now, beat it." The boy obeyed, grabbing his bucket and running away.

"I just went down the shop," Mickey started walking towards him with the newspaper. "and I was thinking, you know, like the whole world's changed. Aliens and spaceships all in public. And here it is." He showed him the headline which read Alien Hoax. "How could they do that? They saw it."

"They're just not ready." The Doctor replied. "You're happy to believe in something that's invisible, but if it's staring you in the face, nope, can't see it. There's a scientific explanation for that. You're thick."

"We're just idiots." Mickey suggested.

"Well . . not all of you." The Doctor admitted.

"Yeah?"

"Present for you, Mickey." He handed him a CD. "That's a virus. Put it online. It'll destroy every mention of me. I'll cease to exist. I'm not worried about Lily's journals since Jackie already destroyed them all."

"What do you want that for?"

"Because you're right." The Doctor sighed. "I am dangerous. I don't want anybody following me."

Mickey turned to watch Lily and Rose walk down the alley with Jackie and their duffels on their shoulders. "How can you say that and take them with you?"

"You can look after them?" He suggested. "I know you think of Lily like an older sister as well. Come with us."

Mickey shook his head. "I can't. This life of yours, it's just too much. I couldn't do it. Don't tell Rose I said that."

Before the Doctor could answer the girls joined them. "I could get a proper job?" Jackie said. The sisters talk with her didn't go very smoothly. "I'll work weekends. I'll pass my test, and if Jim comes round again, I'll say no. I really will."

"We're not leaving because of you." Rose told her, taking her hand. "We're traveling, that's all. Then we'll come right back."

"Got enough stuff." The Doctor walked up to Lily with a smile and took her bag from her.

"Hey." Lily laugh. "Last time we stepped in there, it was spur of the moment. Now we are both signing up. You're stuck with us. " She smiled brightly up at him.

"You still can't promise me." Jackie spoke, bringing everyone's attention to her. "What if they get lost? What if something happens to you, Doctor, and they are left all alone standing on some moon a million light years away. How long do I wait then?"

"Mum." Lily sighed. She brough her into a tight hug and talked softly in her ear. "You're forgetting. It's a time machine. We could go traveling around suns and planets and all the way out to the edge of the universe, and by the time we get back . . ten seconds would have passed. Just ten seconds. So stop worrying. See you in ten seconds' time, yeah?"

Lily let her go and Jackie nodded her head. Rose gave her a long hug as well and then let her going walking over to the Doctor and Lily.

After Lily gave Mickey a hug the trio step into the TARDIS closing the doors behind them. Mickey gives them a little wave then went back on the trash can reading his newspaper. As the TARDIS dematerializes Jackie looked down at her watch.

"Ten seconds . . "

---

Author's Note

Seems as though Rose and Mickey aren't on good terms much like the original episode.

It's sad but it really make sense on why they separated.

Hope y'all enjoyed!

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 2K 21
(ORIGINAL VERSION) For a girl who's lived a normal life on Earth for years, is she ready to see the universe from a different perspective? *** Willow...
39.1K 2.1K 24
~Book 1 in TenRose "Journeys" 2 part fanfiction. (The Slow Path ~ Long Way 'Round) Rose is not happy at all when the Doctor left her for 5 hours on a...
2.4K 79 16
The Doctor, in his 10th incarnation, meets another traveller again. He and Kate seem to complete each other perfectly. But he doesn't know how perfec...
1.1K 33 21
Stranded alone after the Last Great Time War. Alone with the grief and guilt. One hundred years alone on Earth, forced to become like everyone else...