Dreaming of a Blue Box | The...

By KleeAlise11

{ORIGINAL VERSION} "Why did you take my necklace?" "Because I wanted you to follow me." <3 Imagine that th... More

Before You Read
Note from the Author
Extended Summary
The Doctor & Lily
Cast
The Doctors Edits
The Companions Edits
Playlist
Themes
Prologue
Lily & Rose - I
Lily & Rose - II
Lily & Rose - III
Lily & Rose - IV
Lily & Rose - V (Final)
The End of the World - I
The End of the World - II
The End of the World - III
The End of the World - IV
The End of the World - V (Final)
The Unquiet Dead - I
The Unquiet Dead - II
The Unquiet Dead - III
The Unquiet Dead - IV
The Unquiet Dead - V (Final)
Welcome Home Girls
Aliens of London - I
Aliens of London - II
Aliens of London - III
Aliens of London - IV
World War III - I
World War III - II
World War III - III
World War III - IV
World War III - V (Final)
Dalek - I
Dalek - II
Dalek - III
Dalek - IV
Dalek - V (Final)
The Long Game - I
The Long Game - II
The Long Game - III
The Long Game - IV
The Long Game - V (Final)
Father's Day - I
Father's Day - II
Father's Day - III
Father's Day - IV
Father's Day - V (Final)
Harkness & Carter
The Empty Child - I
The Empty Child - II
The Empty Child - III
The Empty Child - IV
The Empty Child - V (Final)
The Doctor Dances - I
The Doctor Dances - II
The Doctor Dances - III
The Doctor Dances - IV
The Doctor Dances - V (Final)
Beauty and the Beast
Boomtown - I
Boomtown - II
Boomtown - III
Boomtown - IV
Boomtown - V (Final)
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - I
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - II
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - III
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - IV
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - V (Final)
The Parting of Ways - I
The Parting of Ways - II
The Parting of Ways - III
The Parting of Ways - IV
The Parting of Ways - V (Final)
Epilogue
DISCONTINUED

Aliens of London - V (Final)

5.4K 210 8
By KleeAlise11

Continue from Aliens of London - IV

---

Mickey crouched down to see the Doctor under the console. "So, what're you doing down there?"

"Ricky-"

"It's Mickey!" Rose yelled from across the room.

"Whatever." The Doctor rolled his eyes. "If I was to tell you what I was doing to the controls of my frankly magnificent time ship, would you even begin to understand?"

"I suppose not." Mickey said.

"Well, shut it, then." The Doctor spoke, going back under the console.

"Some hero you got Lils." Lily gave Mickey a sad smile as she sat on the console, her short legs dangling off.

"He's just trying to get you mad." Rose said, walking closer to the group. "I am really sorry."

"Everyday, I looked." Mickey said, walking closer to Rose. "On every street corner, wherever I went, looking for a blue box for a whole year."

"It's only been a few days for us." Rose defended her and her best friend. "I don't know. It's, it's hard to tell inside this thing but I swear it's just a few days since I left you. I really did miss you Mickey. Really!"

"I missed you too." Rose smiled at his response then gave him a peck on the cheek.

Lily watched the two of them with a heavy heart. You could clearly tell Mickey still loved her. Though Rose thought of him differently. She has for some time now.

"Now," Mickey continued. "Since you two came back are you both going to stay?"

Rose gave Lily a help me look. She went to speak but the Doctor beat her to it. "Got it! Ha, ha!" The Doctor jumped up from the floor to join them, "Patched in the radar, looped it back twelve hours so we can follow the flight of that spaceship." Lily jumped off the console. "Here we go. Hold on. Come on." he said to the monitor.

"Wait a minute! See that?" Lily pointed to the screen. "The spaceship did a sling shot round the Earth before it landed."

"What does that mean?" Rose asked.

"It means it came from Earth in the first place," The Doctor explained. "It went up and came back down. Whoever those aliens are, they haven't just arrived, they've been here for a while. The question is, what have they been doing?"

-

Mickey and Rose are channel-hopping on the scanner. "How many channels do you get?" he asked as Rose tried to find the news.

"All the basic packages." The Doctor replied absently. "And yes, I get the football. Hold on, I know that lot."

"It is looking likely that the Government's bringing in alien specialists - those people who have devoted their lives to studying outer space."

"UNIT." The Doctor spoke. "United Nations Intelligence Taskforce. Good people."

"They weren't in my dreams?" Lily questioned. "How do you know them?"

"'Cos he's worked for them." Mickey said, the trio now looking at him. "Oh yeah, don't think I sat on my backside for twelve months, Doctor. I read up on you. You look deep enough on the Internet or in the history books, and there's his name, followed by a list of the dead."

"That's nice." The Doctor replied. "Good boy, Ricky."

"You know them?" Lily tried to stop him from making fun of Mickey once more. "Why don't you go and help?"

"They wouldn't recognize me. I've changed a lot since the old days remember, Red?" He sighed. "Besides, the world's on a knife-edge. There's aliens out there and fake aliens. We want to keep this alien out of the mix. I'm going undercover. And er . . I'd better keep the TARDIS out of sight. Ricky, you've got a car. You can do some driving."

"Where to?" He asked.

"The roads are clearing. Let's go and have a look at that spaceship."

-

When they walked out of the TARDIS they headed straight into a helicopter spotlight. "Do not move!" An officer commanded them as they appeared. "Step away from the box and raise your hands above your heads!"

Lily and Rose watched as police cars and armored personnel carriers surround them. Mickey ran off, which made the Doctor roll his eyes. Jackie ran out of the flat but was being held back from police officers. "Lily! Rose!" She cried out.

"Raise you're hands above your head!" The officer repeated, and the sisters did followed by the Doctor. "You are under arrest!"

"Take me to your leader." The Doctor chuckled finding joy in the whole predicament.

-

"Well this is posh." Lily commented getting into the limo after Rose and the Doctor. "If I knew it was going to be like this, being arrested, I would have done it years ago."

"We're not being arrested." he corrected. "We're being escorted."

"Where to?"

"Where'd you think?" he grinned. "Downing Street."

Roses jaw dropped. "You're kidding?"

"10 Downing Street?" Lily asked.

"That's the one!" He smiled.

"Oh my god!" Lily squealed with Rose. "We're going to 10 Downing Street! How come?"

"I'd hate to say it but Mickey was right," He admitted. "Over the years I've visited this planet a lot of times, and I've been, er, noticed."

"And now they need you?" Rose said.

"Like it said on the news. They're gathering experts in alien knowledge. And who's the biggest expert of the lot?"

"Patrick Moore?" Lily smirked.

"Apart from him."

"Oh, don't you just love it." she giggled as the limo pulled up to the building.

"I'm telling you. Lloyd George, he used to drink me under the table. Who's the Prime Minister now?" He asked the girls

"How should we know? We missed a year."

-

"They are alright then?" Jackie asked as her and Mickey were escorted inside. "My daughters? They aren't in trouble?"

"Well, all I can say is, your daughters and their companion might be in a position to help the country. We'll need to know how they made contact with this man. . . if he is a man." The head officer Strickland said as he sat down. "Oof. Right, off you go then." He waved the other officers away. "I need to talk with Mrs. Tyler on my own, thank you."

-

The trio maneuvered through various officials and police officers. When they reached the doorway everyone else was heading through they were stopped by a man in a suit.

"Here's your ID card." He said handing one to the Doctor. "I'm sorry, your companions don't have clearance."

"What?" Lily was getting upset.

"I don't go anywhere without them." The Doctor backed them both up.

"You're the code nine, not her." He continued on. "I'm sorry, Doctor. It is the Doctor, isn't it?" When he nodded, the man smiled sadly. "They both have to stay outside."

"They are staying with me." The Doctor wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Look, even I don't have clearance to go in there." he tried to reason with him. "I can't let them in and that's a fact."

"It's alright." Lily placed a hand on his back. "Go on."

"Excuse me." a female voice spoke up and Lily turned to see a woman walk up. "Are you the Doctor?"

"Sure." He shrugged.

"Not now." The ID man groaned. "We're busy. Can't you go home?"

"I just need a word in private!"

"I suppose so." The Doctor replied. "Don't get into any trouble." He then he left Lily and Rose alone.

"You haven't got clearance. Now leave it." The man told the woman then turned to the sisters. "I'm going to have to leave you two with security."

Lily opened her mouth to argue but the lady grabbed her arm. "It's all right. I'll look after them. Let me be of some use."

"Huh?" Lily asked as she pulled her and Rose away.

"Walk with me." she whispered. "Just keep walking."

"That's right. Don't look round." She held up an ID card to a security card. "Harriet Jones, MP Flydale North." As they passed she looked at Lily and Rose. "This friend of yours, he's an expert, is that right? He knows about aliens?"

"Why do you want to know?" Lily demanded.

-

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, if I could have your attention, please!" the general announced making the Doctor look up. "As you can see from the summaries in front of you, the ship had one porcine occupant."

"Of course," The Doctor spoke. "The really interesting bit happened three days ago, see, filed away under "Any Other Business." The North Sea. A satellite detected a signal, a little blip of radiation, at one hundred fathoms, like there's something down there. You were just about to investigate and the next thing you know, this happens. Spaceships, pigs, massive diversion. From what?"

-

"They turned the body into a suit!" Harriet said as they made it to the cabinet room. "A disguise for the thing inside!"

"We believe you." Lily reassured her.

"It's alien," Roses voice was low to make sure no one could hear her. "They must have some serious technology behind this. If we could find it, we could use it." she opened a cabinet and shrieked as a dead body fell out. "Oh, my God! Is that the-"

"Harriet, for God's sake!" The man from the door said as he arrived. "This has gone beyond a joke! You cannot just wander!" He stopped short. "Oh, my God . . That's the Prime Minister!"

At the sound of heels, Lily pushed Rose behind her back. "Oh!" a plump woman entered. "Has someone been naughty?"

"That's impossible," the man was saying. "He left this afternoon. The Prime Minister left Downing Street. He was driven away!"

"And who told you that, hmm?" she asked sweetly. "Me."

She reached her hand to her hairline and began unzipping something. Lily pushed Rose back further as a blue light started to fill the room.

-

"It was bigger on the inside!" Jackie explained as Strickland kept listening. "Oh, I don't know. What do I know about spaceships?"

"That's what worries me." Strickland replied, standing up. "You see, this man is classified as trouble. Which means that anyone associated with him is trouble. And that's my job." He reached up to unzip something from his forehead, and a blue light filled the room. "Eliminating trouble."

-

"If aliens fake an alien crash and an alien pilot, what do they get?" The Doctor asked. "Us. They get us. It's not a diversion, it's a trap." He continued on. "This is all about us. Alien experts. The only people with knowledge how to fight them gathered together in one room."

He was stopped as a man started to fart. The Doctor looked at him in disgust. "Excuse me, do you mind not farting while I'm saving the world?"

"Would you rather silent but deadly?" the man in the suit asked.

The general removed his cap and unzipped his forehead. The suit man laughed as an alien wriggled out of the generals skin, huge and green with black eyes and a baby like face. "We are the Slitheen." The alien announced.

"Thank you all for wearing your ID cards." the man in the suit grinned. "They'll help to identify the bodies."

The Doctor watched in horror as the people in the room started to scream from electricity coursing through them. He stood there not being able to help, praying Lily and Rose were safe were they were.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 79 16
The Doctor, in his 10th incarnation, meets another traveller again. He and Kate seem to complete each other perfectly. But he doesn't know how perfec...
48.3K 1.1K 37
CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN 𝔍𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔢𝔶𝔢𝔰 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔲𝔫 𝔦𝔰 𝔤𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔜𝔬𝔲'𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔢 𝔞𝔩𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔑𝔬 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔠...
38.5K 1.3K 56
"What do you want, Ella?" "Earlier, you said you don't have someone. Let me be your someone ... Besides without Ro and I, you'd be dead." In which a...
8K 385 27
"I can't figure out how to show you how much you mean to me. You are my golden girl, my dearest friend. I am incredibly lucky to have you next to me...