Loving Marcello

By aataaraaxy

After having her heart broken by the boy she'd been in love with her whole life, Brimmy Somell decides to tak... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Post-Eleven
Chapter Pre-Twelve
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
Alternate Ending
Alternate Ending pt.2

Chapter Forty One

293K 10K 5.9K
By aataaraaxy

Major time skip, yes MAJOR:
(Update: I feel I should start off with the fact that yes, there's smut. And yes, 15 yr old me lost all motivation writing this when she started high school. Yes, I'm sorry for rushing the end. Ily guys and enjoy the smut Ik you came here for, you dirty animals.🫶)

It's been another 9 months of living in Italy.

After explaining to my uncle the situation and my decision to stay with Marcello, he had a heart attack. An actual literal heart attack. He spent the following month in the hospital.

Of course, I felt guilty. It's not every day your niece decides to live with an Italian mafia boss.

I ball my fists nervously, chewing on my lip as I sit on the seat connected to the vanity in Marie's room.

This is the day.

This is the day I've been getting prepared for since Marcello proposed to me seven months ago.

We started going on daily picnics to the pond he'd taken me to, so, I thought it was just another picnic. Turns out, it wasn't. There was a ring involved. Some crying maybe. Not from me, of course. Marcello is the one that shed the tears.

Okay, okay. It was me that cried, but I swear his eyes were really watery too.

But I couldn't stop the tears. I mean, how could I when a grown man gets down on one knee, and proposes to me with a peanut butter pickle?

Yes, you read right, he cut a pickle in half, covered it in peanut butter, and put a ring inside.

And that's why my ring possesses the smell of a pickle.

But hey, I sure as heck ain't complaining.

"Brimmy!" Marie and Lucy bursts into the room, interrupting the silence.

"Hey, guys!" I grin, turning around to face my two closest friends.

"Heyy." Lucy responds excitedly, wiggling her eyebrows.

"We're here, as requested by the bride." Marie says with a joking smile.

"Well the bride also wants you to hurry your butts up and help her with the rats nest she calls hair." I say with a wink, turning around as Marie and Lucy step forward and begin to work on my hair.

Once my brown strands are put into an elegant bun with little pieces escaping to shape my face, I slip into the sleek white dress. Its fabric is like silk, and it hugs my torso, then starts to fluff out at the waist. Crystals develop patterns around the hem, and I take a moment to admire the dress.

It really is beautiful. I had Marie and Lucy help pick it out, as well as Grier, who is a fashion diva. His boyfriend chipped in too, offering his opinion. We'd all come to the decision that this dress is absolutely gorgeous and is all of our dream dress.

"Brimmy?" A familiar voice asks from behind me, sounding a bit choked up.

I turn, my dress swishing with my movements. A wide, happy smile forces its way onto my lips as I surge forward as fast as I can, and dive into my Uncle's arms.

"Uncle Benny!" I exclaim, wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face into his shoulder.

When I asked him to walk me down the aisle, he cried, then he prepared his flight down here.

He pushes me back, holding my shoulders to study my dress.

"You look beautiful, Brim." He says, his voice raspy.

"Thank you." I grin, ignoring the tear trickling down my cheek.

"No crying! You're gonna mess up your makeup." Marie says, making it as a joke, but I can tell she's serious.

"Noted." I laugh, dabbing at the dampness on my cheek.

"We better get going." Uncle Benny says, grabbing a hold of my arm and exiting the room, Lucy and Marie following.

Marie and Lucy are my maids of honor, just because I couldn't pick only one. Antonio and another guard are Marcello's best men.

Antonio and Marie have finally been thrust into a relationship, after being forced together by me. Them two are the shyest people ever, which proves to be difficult getting them together.

We make it to the main doors that lead to where the wedding will take place, exchange a few nervous glances, then by the time we're done stressing, music cues the flower girls to go in, followed by Marie, Lucy, then my turn.

"You'll be okay." Uncle Benny leans to whisper into my ear.

"I know." I smile up at him, earning a wink.

The music continues to play in as we walk through the doors. We're met with staring eyes, and large smiles. Many people I don't even know are placed in the seats on either side of the aisle. White flower petals litter the carpet before me, bringing a small smile to my face.

I glance at the white benches on either side of me, with red roses in vases at the end of each row. Finally, my eyes find the man standing at the alter.

Marcello is dressed in a crisp black suit, which accents his olive skin and dark eyes. His sharps features are complimented by the lighting, making my heart throb.

I gather up any strength left in me to not cry.

We stop in front of the alter, my heart beating painfully in my chest. Uncle Benny places my hand in Marcello's, and I smile widely when he gives me a comforting squeeze.

Marcello looks even better up close, and I take my time studying him as we come to a stop in front of the priest.

We both nod for him to start.

"D-"

The priest begins, but before he can get any words out, the door to the hall slams open, revealing a familiar man.

"I object!" Comes his calm, gruff voice.

I roll my eyes at his choice of words, but the realization of the situation hits me.

How dare this man interrupt the best day of my life? Last I'd seen him, he was hitting it off with Natasha and didn't have any concern with my existence.

He has no right.

"Get the hell out of here, Derek!" I scream in a mixture of annoyance and anger. Maybe even a little confusion. This was the last thing I'd expected today.

Well, maybe not the last, but it definitely wasn't at the top of my list.

"You two don't belong together, Brim!" He shouts back, pulling out a gun and pointing it in our direction.

I catch sight of a familiar figure behind him, my eyes widening.

Of course my father would find him and convince him to do this. But how did he even figure out my relation with Derek? My mom?

My annoyance is strong, but then a gunshot goes off, the sound ringing around the room.

Then another gunshot.

And another.

Then darkness.

Several screams echo around the room.

Whether it's from the gunshots or sudden lack of light, I don't know.

"Who cut the dang power?" I shout, thoroughly mad, and ready to tackle someone down. No one answers, and I'm about to get up from my crouch, but a hand catches my arm.

The rough skin and calluses calms me down a bit. I can't believe this is how my wedding has turned out. It's supposed to be happy, but nooo, someone decided to show up with a gun, and cut the power.

I lean into Marcello's arms, letting his mouth come to my ear, "Don't worry, the guards are taking care of it."

"Okay." I sigh, letting my body relax in his embrace. Stupid Derek. Stupid dad. I've never even properly met the guy and he's already ruining my life.

Once the lights are turned on, Derek is gone, and everyone claims to be okay.

Marcello still has his arms around me. I crane my neck forward, catching a glimpse of his worried eyes.

"Please, I want it to go on like nothing happened. I want this to be a normal wedding. No violence, no guns. Please." I beg him, trying to prevent a tear from escaping my eyes.

I watch Marcello whisper something into the priests ear, to which the priest nods obediently.

"Shall we start again?" He asks, his calming voice settling around us.

I look at Marcello. He looks at me.

"Yes." We say together, nodding at the same time. Not even a crazy ex with a gun will stop us from getting married. Our audience looks confused, some faint and petrified, but I focus my eyes back on Marcello and let my shoulder relax.

That's the only encouragement the priest needs as he begins reading from his book. I start feeling more like a married woman every second.

I glance at Marcello, to find him watching me. He smiles, and I take a moment to absorb this feeling. Despite the gunshots and a crazy Derek from earlier, it doesn't alter my desire to get married to Marcello.

And that's what I'm doing. I'm marrying the man I love.

Annnddd, this is the end! For anyone still reading this, thanks for tagging along throughout the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 266 45
Until Damiano died my sins only consisted of coming home late and sneaking out. Now I have killed and tortured my way to the top, and uncovered a wor...
393K 8.2K 44
"I'm not going to hurt you." He took his hands off my waist and placed them on either side of my head. "I could never hurt you." He lowered his face...
358K 10.4K 53
Book one of the temptation series AND ISN'T A STANDALONE ❦︎𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨�...
960K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...