Yule Ball Madness

Galing kay 321letsjam

Hello there! This is just a little story I thought up while watching The Goblet of Fire the other day. It wil... Higit pa

Best Foot Forward
Date Talk
Really
Fun at the Ball
Finally

Lovely Lavender

3.1K 101 148
Galing kay 321letsjam

It was the night of the Yule Ball and you were feeling extremely nervous. The fact that you would be dancing was frightening. What if you messed up and fell? You would not only embarrass yourself, but Seamus as well. That's right, you were going with Seamus. That means you will be dancing with him.

His hands on your waist, your arms around his neck. No space between your bodies, his lips closing in on yours.

No, no, no!

You shook your head and continued brushing your teeth. You and Seamus are only going as friends. Nothing more!

You leaned over the sink and spat the toothpaste out of your mouth, not being able to get Seamus out of your mind. Why on Earth were you thinking about him so much? You really did like him a lot. Ever since the beginning of your 3rd year at Hogwarts you had started liking him. But not like this!

You stood up straight and examined yourself in the mirror. The Yule Ball was in three hours and you hadn't even started getting ready yet.

You grabbed your brush and began running it through your long, (h/c) hair. It took a while, but you finally got it untangled. You wondered what exactly you were going to do with it. Just leaving it down wouldn't be formal enough for the occasion. You couldn't put it up the way you normally did. It would be almost impossible for you to style it, considering you had no idea how to do hair. There was only one solution.

Lavender.

You peeked around the corner into your dorm, spotting the girl sitting on her bed. She had a mirror in her hand and she was staring into it, applying mascara to her eyelashes. You took a deep breath and slowly walked into your dorm.

"Hey Lavender."

She glanced at you from her mirror and gave a small smile.

"Hello (Y/N)."

You walked over to your bed, which was next to hers, and sat down.

"Can I ask you for a big favor?"

"Sure. What do you need?"

You took a deep breath and pushed some hair out of your face.

"I was wondering... If you weren't too busy, could you possibly... fix my hair for the Ball?"

She stopped moving the makeup brush and took in what you had just said. After a second, she dropped the mirror and makeup and swung her head towards you.

"You want me to fix your hair?"

You gulped the spit that was forming in your mouth and gave a nervous nod.

Here it came. She let out a loud, girlish shriek and jumped from her bed to yours, tackling you into a hug.

"I never thought the day would come that you would actually let me do your hair!"

She quickly got up and went to her trunk at the end of her bed.

"How do you want it? Down? Up? Curled? Wavy?"

You opened your mouth to answer, but she quickly cut you off.

"No, no! Don't answer. I know exactly how I will do it!"

She came back to your bed with brushes of different sizes, shapes and colors, a curling iron, hair ties, and hair pins with diamonds on them.

"This is going to be so much fun!" She squealed.

It was then that you realized, you may have made a mistake in asking her to do your hair.

You sat on your bed, as still as possible, while Lavender was working on your hair.

"So, Lavender. Who are you going with to the Ball?" You asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Dean Thomas."

"What? Dean asked you?"

She giggled and grabbed the hot curling iron, wrapping some of your hair around it.

"Yeah. I'm surprised he didn't tell you."

You shuffled your hands in your lap. "Me too."

"So, who are you going with?" She asked.

"Oh, uh. Seamus asked me, so I'm going with him."

"Aww." She cooed.

You frowned and mentally cursed her.

"He's a cutie. Don't you think?"

You hesitantly nodded after she put the curling iron down.

"Do you like him, (Y/N)?" She asked, leaning down to look at you.

"What? Oh, no. He's just a friend." You defended.

If Lavender knew that you liked him, the whole school would know that you liked him.

"Really? Because I see the way you look at him. I can tell when a girl is in love, and you, you are in love." She said before continuing with your hair.

"Really, Lavender. He is my best friend. Has been for four years! I can't be in love with my best friend. That's-"

"Romantic!" She exclaimed, cutting you off.

You sighed and looked down at your hands. It wasn't romantic at all. The friendship you both shared was perfect. And here you were ruining it with love. Seamus would be weirded out by you having feelings for him.

"It's done!" Lavender suddenly announced.

She quickly jumped from your bed to hers to retrieve the mirror that she had earlier dropped.

"What do you think?" She asked, eagerly handing you the mirror.

You took it from her and held it up. Wow. You looked... amazing!

Your bangs were covering your forehead and there were loose strands of hair that had been curled, hanging down the side of your face to your shoulders. The rest of your hair was curled into a bun type thing to the back-right of your head.

You moved the mirror to the side and saw the diamond clips stuck into the curly bun. They looked wonderful and really stood out of your (h/c) hair.

"Lavender, it looks amazing. I love it." You gently touched the curled bun on your head before putting the mirror down and standing up to bring Lavender into a hug.

"Thank you so much."

She giggled and returned the hug.

"You're welcome (Y/N). It really was a pleasure. I just love your hair."

You pulled away from the hug and gave her a smile.

"Now all I have to do is put my dress and sneakers on, then I will be ready."

Her smile quickly disappeared.

"I did not just hear you say that!" She said, crossing her arms.

"What? What's the matter?" She stepped forward and pushed you down on the bed.

"(Y/N)!! First of all, you can't wear sneakers to a Ball! That isn't formal! And second of all, you have to wear makeup!"

Oh no. You knew this would happen.

"Lavender, my dress is long enough to cover up my feet! Plus, I don't have any makeup. Even if I did, I wouldn't know how to put it on."

She turned her head to you and gave an evil smirk. Uh-Oh.

"Lucky for you, I have plenty of makeup with me! Let me do your makeup!"

Before you could argue, she was at her trunk again. She pulled out a large pink bag and walked back to you.

"What color is your dress?"

She sat on the bed next to you and opened up the pink bag of unending cosmetic supplies.

"It's black."

"Alright, close your eyes and relax. This shouldn't take too long."

She was right. About twenty minutes later, she clapped her hands together and shouted.

"Done! Have a look!"

You opened your eyes and looked in the mirror. Again, you were amazed. You looked beautiful. There was black eyeliner that traced your top and bottom lids, and mascara that really brought out your eyelashes. The eye shadow was black with silver sparkles. The silver sparkles covered your eyelids and the black smoked out of the corners of your eyes. It really matched your (e/c) eyes.

"It is wonderful. Thank you so much." You said before, once again, leaning in to give her a hug.

She giggled and returned the hug. "It is almost time for us to go! You go and get your dress on and I will find you some shoes!"

You nodded and grabbed your dress, heading for the bathroom. You closed the door behind you and quickly slipped off your clothes. The dress was hard to figure out, but you finally managed to slip it on. You looked at yourself in the mirror. It was like you were a completely different person, and you liked it.

It was a simple black dress that reached the floor. There were two straps that went over your shoulders, crossed in the back, and connected to the back of the dress that went up under your shoulder blades. It was rather tight around your chest and waist, but it loosened up at the hips and draped down to the floor. You were quite satisfied with the way you looked.

"(Y/N)! I got some black heels and lip gloss! Hurry or we will be late!" Lavender called from your dorm room.

You quickly grabbed the bottom of your dress and ran into your dorm. There, Lavender stood in her dress with a pair of black heels in one hand, and a tube of lip gloss in the other. Her dress was quite beautiful too. It was a light shade of purple with a silver strap that went around her neck. It fell loosely to the floor, similar to yours.

"You look amazing (Y/N)! The boys won't be able to keep their eyes off of you!" She squealed.

You chuckled and took the shoes from her.

"I could say the same about you. You look beautiful."

She giggled and grabbed your arm after you got your shoes on.

"Thank you. Now let's go! We don't want to be late!" She said before dragging you out of the dorm.

*********************

I really love Lavender a lot. She is awesome. So I put some Lavender bonding! Yay Lavender love!

P.S. I know that Lavender doesn't go to the Yule Ball with Dean. She goes with Seamus. But since reader is going with Seamus, I figured Lavender could go with Dean. So yeah! I hope you enjoyed. Votes and Comments are very much appreciated. Until next time~

-321letsjam

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

4.8M 301K 108
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
2M 113K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
179K 5.5K 44
Kook : I don't know about you anything but from the moment I land my Eyes on you..... YOU ARE MINE. So don't do something Stupid which will made me a...
946K 42.9K 176
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one