Lovely Lavender

It was the night of the Yule Ball and you were feeling extremely nervous. The fact that you would be dancing was frightening. What if you messed up and fell? You would not only embarrass yourself, but Seamus as well. That's right, you were going with Seamus. That means you will be dancing with him.

His hands on your waist, your arms around his neck. No space between your bodies, his lips closing in on yours.

No, no, no!

You shook your head and continued brushing your teeth. You and Seamus are only going as friends. Nothing more!

You leaned over the sink and spat the toothpaste out of your mouth, not being able to get Seamus out of your mind. Why on Earth were you thinking about him so much? You really did like him a lot. Ever since the beginning of your 3rd year at Hogwarts you had started liking him. But not like this!

You stood up straight and examined yourself in the mirror. The Yule Ball was in three hours and you hadn't even started getting ready yet.

You grabbed your brush and began running it through your long, (h/c) hair. It took a while, but you finally got it untangled. You wondered what exactly you were going to do with it. Just leaving it down wouldn't be formal enough for the occasion. You couldn't put it up the way you normally did. It would be almost impossible for you to style it, considering you had no idea how to do hair. There was only one solution.

Lavender.

You peeked around the corner into your dorm, spotting the girl sitting on her bed. She had a mirror in her hand and she was staring into it, applying mascara to her eyelashes. You took a deep breath and slowly walked into your dorm.

"Hey Lavender."

She glanced at you from her mirror and gave a small smile.

"Hello (Y/N)."

You walked over to your bed, which was next to hers, and sat down.

"Can I ask you for a big favor?"

"Sure. What do you need?"

You took a deep breath and pushed some hair out of your face.

"I was wondering... If you weren't too busy, could you possibly... fix my hair for the Ball?"

She stopped moving the makeup brush and took in what you had just said. After a second, she dropped the mirror and makeup and swung her head towards you.

"You want me to fix your hair?"

You gulped the spit that was forming in your mouth and gave a nervous nod.

Here it came. She let out a loud, girlish shriek and jumped from her bed to yours, tackling you into a hug.

"I never thought the day would come that you would actually let me do your hair!"

She quickly got up and went to her trunk at the end of her bed.

"How do you want it? Down? Up? Curled? Wavy?"

You opened your mouth to answer, but she quickly cut you off.

"No, no! Don't answer. I know exactly how I will do it!"

She came back to your bed with brushes of different sizes, shapes and colors, a curling iron, hair ties, and hair pins with diamonds on them.

"This is going to be so much fun!" She squealed.

It was then that you realized, you may have made a mistake in asking her to do your hair.

You sat on your bed, as still as possible, while Lavender was working on your hair.