Finally

About twelve slow dances and a couple of cups of punch later, you were exhausted and the Yule Ball had come to an end.

You were now walking up the steps in the Gryffindor common room, high heels in one hand, Seamus's hand in the other.

"That wasn't so bad after all, now was it?" You joked.

Seamus nodded, flashing a smile. "You and Dean were right. You both made it loads more fun."

He walked you to the entrance of the girl's dorms.

"Well I'm glad you had fun, mate." You said, playfully punching him in the shoulder.

"Oh! It's past midnight, isn't it?" You asked.

He nodded, looking confused. "Wait here. I'll be right back." You turned around, opened the door, and quickly ran to your dorm.

You tip toed to your bed so you wouldn't wake Hermione, Lavender, or Parvarti up.

Poor Hermione. Last time you saw her, she was sitting on the steps, crying her eyes out over Ron. You shook the thought out of your head and reached under your bed. Your fingers touched the package that you needed, and you quickly grabbed it before turning and leaving the dorm.

Seamus was still standing in the same spot you left him in, hands in his pockets, staring at the wall.

"Oi!" You whispered, getting his attention.

"Why'd ya leave me like that?" He asked.

You grinned and pulled the package out from behind your back.

"Went to get this." You said before handing it to him.

"Happy Christmas, Finnigan."

He took the package with a smile on his face.

"You didn't have t-"

"Yes I did! Now shut up and open it!" You snapped, jokingly.

He laughed and unwrapped the box. His face lit up when he opened it.

"Thank you so much (Y/N)!" He said, excitement in his voice.

"You're welcome. Just promise me you won't go blowing me up with those." You said, pointing at the box full of Weaslys' Wildfire Whiz bangs.

He laughed and nodded. "Course. I would never blow you up."

You giggled as he leaned in to give you a quick hug.

"Wait here and I'll go get yours."

You waited for about a minute or two before he came back with a large tube in his hand.

"Here ya go." He said, handing it to you.

You took it from his hands and eagerly opened it. Inside, was a large rolled up poster. You handed Seamus the empty tube before gently unrolling the poster.

"Seamus! How did you get this?!" You asked, staring at the signed poster of Aidan Lynch, the seeker for the Irish National Quidditch team

"Well," He began. "I know how much you wanted to go to the Quidditch World Cup over the summer. And I figured, since you couldn't make it, I'd get you a souvenir. Then I saw this poster of Aidan Lynch and thought of you. He is your favorite player, afterall. And I ended up getting it signed. " He said.

"I love it. Thank you so much!" You exclaimed, staring at the poster.

"I'd hide that if I were you. I might change my mind, want it back, and end up stealing it." He joked.

You smiled before slowly rolling the poster back up. With Seamus's help, you managed to fit it back into its tube before bending down and putting the tube on the ground next to your feet.

You stood straight again, got on your tippy toes, and wrapped your arms tightly around his neck.

"Merry Christmas Seamus." You whispered.

He slid his arms around your waist and chuckled.

"Merry Christmas (Y/N)."

You stayed hugging for a while, and it was very nice. You wished you could stay like that forever, but sadly, it had to come to an end.

You finally pulled back, but not away. He kept his arms around your waist and you kept yours wrapped loosely around his neck. When he started to slowly lean forward, your heart began to beat faster in your chest.

Was this really happening? Was he going to kiss you?

He leaned forward even more, but not all the way. He stopped when his lips were only centimeters from yours. You waited for a second, but he didn't move. He must have wanted you to go the rest of the way.

It's as if, without using words, he was asking permission to kiss you.

And, without using words, you said yes.

You exhaled silently and leaned forward the rest of the way, closing the space between the two of you. When your lips touched, your eyes immediately fluttered shut.

It was as you imagined it would be... Magical.

Your lips moved together slowly, perfectly. You moved your hands down his neck to grip onto his shoulders. He kept one hand on your waist while the other made its way up to gently place itself on the back of your head.

Only when you thought you were going to suffocate did you pull away. He kept a hold of you, and you pressed your forehead to his, keeping your eyes closed.

After you caught your breath, you leaned in and kissed him again. It wasn't as long a kiss this time, but it was still just as wonderful.

You pulled away once more and smiled. "Finally."

********************

It's over! That's it! Happy endings though!!! You guys kissed. You little devils. I hope you all enjoyed. Please comment and vote.

********************
I recently read that Devon Murray, who plays the lovable Seamus Finnigan, has been struggling with depression for ten years, which is absolutely heartbreaking. It is so shocking that our sweet, smiling Gryffindor was struggling those last few years of filming, which goes to prove-- anyone can lose themselves to mental illness. If you or someone you know is battling depression, reach out. Devon might have lost his life if he hadn't reached out to his parents. Now he is encouraging everyone to get help! Please don't let mental illness conquer your life! Always fight!

-321letsjam