Hunting Silver

Por PreyDelaCruz

A forest is one of the places where creatures of beyond human’s knowledge, reside. Of course, you just don’t... Más

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 15

15.4K 714 36
Por PreyDelaCruz

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

More than half of my pack members were in the living room, watching the commotion, none of them was doing anything to stop what was happening. Pete was holding Elaine, who was obviously wanting to attack my mate. A flower vase was now smashed into pieces in a corner, which was what we heard earlier. Silver was standing in the middle, looking lost and hurt. And what angered me the most, was when I saw him crying.

I immediately pulled him into my arms and whispered comforting words, while glaring at the bitch who clearly had no respect. Silver grabbed a fistful of my shirt and buried his face in my chest. He might not give off any sound to tell me that he's still crying, but the warm liquid being absorbed by my shirt was enough proof.

Elaine huffed, trying to free himself from Pete’s grasp. “What, Alpha? You'll be on that Silver’s side?!”

“Elaine! I'm warning you!” interrupted Caleb from behind me, voicing out my thoughts.

“The fuck?! After all he had done, he will just act as if nothing happened?! That fag almost killed me! Us!”

Silver whimpered and hugged himself as much as he could, shaking. Okay, that’s enough. Not wanting him to hear what I was about to say, I began talking to my pack through my mind.

‘Oh, let’s see how far your bravery will get you. You didn’t just insulted my mate, but me, Aiden, and Stefan as well. Plus the ones present here who haven’t come out yet. I instructed you not to act differently towards Silver once he was awake, for most likely he might not remember a single damn thing. And yet, here you are, defying my orders.’

“A-Alpha…” Elaine stuttered, the others squirming away in guilt, as they heard my thoughts loud and clear.

I took a deep breath, yet it still did me no good. “Out.” I felt my whole body shaking, no longer able to control my anger. My wolf was starting to insist of coming out. And then, seeing all red, before I could let my wolf take over, I hollered, “GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!!! FUCKING NOW!!!” I knew I just used my commanding voice, so they had no choice either way. In a flash, people ran for their lives towards the door, literally, almost like in a stampede. “You three, stay back,” I said, surprisingly calm, to Caleb, Aiden and Stefan when they too were about to leave. “And you, Elaine,” I spat, my voice rather venomous. “I don’t want to see your face ever again.”

She stopped and turned around, eyes widened and jaw dropped. “W-What d-do you m-mean, A-Alpha—“

“DON’T CALL ME ALPHA ANYMORE!” She flinched. “You lost your right for that. Now, leave. Leave in peace while I still have the littlest control in me.”

“Please accept my deepest apologies, Alpha,” Pete intervened. “But I would like to leave as well, along with my mate. You know how we can't stay apart to our mates.”

I closed my eyes, hard. “Do whatever floats your boat.”

“Thank you, for the last time, for everything, Alpha Hunter.”

The moment the door closed, I carried Silver bridal style and sat on one of the couches. I sat him on my lap and quickly wiped his tear-stained cheeks.

“God… I… I'm so sorry, Silver! Are you hurt anywhere? What did that girl do to you?” I asked as I search his body for any wound.

He held both of my hands and brought them back to his cheeks. He forced a smile and shook his head. But then his tears betrayed him as they ran down his face again. If only he wasn’t in this state, I would love to chase Elaine and just kill her right there and then, even if Pete would be devastated.

“Baby, stop crying… please…”

“You… you're not telling me something, aren’t you?” He asked, wiping his tears. “Something happened at the lake that day, right? Something that I couldn’t remember? What is it, Hunter? I don’t understand any of that Elaine girl said…”

“Okay…” I nodded, almost desperately. “Do you want to remember?”

“Of course,” he agreed.

“Good. Now, stop crying. Don’t waste your tears.” I kissed the corners of his eyes, then the tip of his nose, both of his cheeks, and finally his lips where I lingered for a few more seconds. I turned to Caleb and said, “Call Witch Lerina.”

“Don’t bother. I'm already here,” came from an eerie voice. Witch Lerina emerged from the shadows in a corner near the left staircase. She was staying here since yesterday. I believed Skylar knew that his brother would be awake by this day so he sent her a day earlier, also knowing that Silver would insist on remembering.

“Wait, Aunt Lerina? What are you doing here?” uttered Silver as he followed our gaze and saw the woman.

“Aunt Lerina? You know her?” I asked. He nodded. But before he could add anything, the only female in the room spoke.

“Now, now, gentlemen, let’s just skip to what’s important, shall we?” She slowly walked, creepily as if she's actually floating, until she was in front of Silver. The three stood behind me and silently observed. “Just to make sure, dearest Silver, you want to remember everything, right?”

The beautiful boy on my lap nodded, now smiling. He must really know her. I somewhat felt relieved at that. But this woman in front of us… creepy was the only word I could come up to describe her.

“Well then, close your eyes…” she said, her voice hypnotizing.

My eyes never left Silver’s face as he did what he was told. After a few seconds, Witch Lerina raised a hand. I eyed her doubtfully as she placed the tip of her index finger in the middle of Silver’s forehead.

The instant she did that, Silver’s eyes fluttered open but it’s not the same anymore. It looked like what I had seen at the lake a week ago. His eyeballs were unseen once again, his sockets glowing with the light that seemed to be coming from within his body.

Witch Lerina didn’t seem fazed or anything. Instead, she smiled, as if what happened was a positive thing or was something she expected to happen. She pressed her finger harder against his forehead until almost half of his finger was in. No cut, no blood. Just like that.

But then Silver growled. In a blink of an eye, he slapped Witch Lerina’s hand away, causing her arm to go limp as it went back to her side.

“Who do you think you are to intrude my mind, you lowlife?!” Silver exclaimed, again using that unknown voice. He didn’t seem that violent, though. I swear, my mate has the biggest guts I had ever known, normal or not. I mean, Witch Lerina was no where near a lowlife. Normal wiccans didn’t get called with ‘Witch’ or ‘Warlock’ attached before their names, because that was a sign of authority. If that wasn’t enough indication, I didn’t know what would be. And now that I remembered, he called Skylar and I, mutts. That was quite disrespectful, if only he wasn’t an exception.

“Calm your mate,” the witch said as she examined her arm. She just snapped some parts of it, twisted her wrist and elbow, and then it was okay again. I told you, creepy.

Skylar’s words echoed in the back of my mind. That in order for me to calm Silver or something along those lines, I just had to bite him. But, was it needed? I mean, he was still calm to me, compared to how he was seven days ago.

I turned him around so he could face me completely. “Silver, I thought you said you want to remember everything? Then let Witch Lerina do what she has to.”

“Hunter!” he beamed. See? Harmless. And drop-dead gorgeous. He pouted right after though. “But she was entering our mind without our permission!”

“Our?”

He eagerly nodded. “Uhm! Silver said he doesn’t want to let her in because she looks creepy. And then Silver said too that she might cast a spell on us once she has full access to our mind!”

I… have no idea what he was talking about. I think it would be best if I take him home after this and talk to his parents. Hopefully, Skylar would be there because I was sure he knew some things about this.

I smiled and nodded, pretending to understand what he said. “I promise you she won't do anything like what the other Silvers said, right Witch Lerina?” I gave her a look.

“Of course. I value my life,” she answered, rolling her eyes. Wait, what happened to the three idiots?

I looked behind me but they weren’t there. Instead, I found them at the other side of the room… playing COD. They just turned the volume silent. What the… never mind. Maybe I was the only one thinking too much? But it’s not like I can help it!

I sighed, already getting tired. I didn't know what to think anymore. Silver was swinging his legs while playing with the hem of witch Lerina’s shawl. I motioned for her to continue.

“Relax, okay?” I whispered to Silver and held him closer, his arms under my own so he won't randomly slap someone’s hand again. “Just let her.”

“Ehh? If I let her, would that make me a good boy? Would I deserve a kiss then?”

I kissed his cheek and he giggled. “I’ll kiss you as much as you want after.”

“Is that a promise?”

“A promise, it is.”

He clapped and positioned himself to completely face witch Lerina. Wow. That was easier than I thought. Now I wonder which one I would prefer more, the ‘normal’ Silver or the ‘possessed’ Silver?

Both. I'm greedy.

She repeated the same process, only now without any interruptions. Silver was squirming in obvious discomfort, but thankfully he didn’t do anything else. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head as her whole hand was now inside his forehead. It looked nasty. But I was a werewolf, not a witch. She did her thing, I watched and acted if Silver reacted in any negative way. It was an easy task to end her life if she did anything uncalled for.

It took only a minute before she pulled her hand back. As if nothing happened, she checked her nails and blew some invisible dusts.

“What did you do?!” I asked when Silver collapsed in my arms, completely limp.

“He just fell asleep. You are such a worrywart,” she answered, rolling her eyes. “Anyways, my job here is done! Bye, boys! And oh, Hunter, please tell Silver to visit me when he has time. My family already misses him, especially Zane! Baboo!” and then she exited the house.

“Who the hell is Zane?!”

“My son! My son! My beautiful son! Fra lala lala~” she answered without looking back, skipping.

Really, skipping?! I mean, despite her creepiness, the woman was still quite young. But still! And I was bothered by that Zane! I didn’t even know yet how that witch was related to my Silver!

Oh god… I didn’t want any white hairs. Or wrinkles for that matter. Good thing I was a werewolf.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

381K 10.2K 31
A Forest Wolf is a wolf who can "control" the forest. A cub searches for power trough the most powerful being near them. With a pack of Alphas and...
4.4K 570 16
'If you go down to the woods today...' Red is being watched by wolf eyes, but does the beast even know who he's f*cking with? A MewGulf reworking of...
212 60 20
Aurora is a new 18-year-old student in her final year in high school. Her school is located close to the deep wild forest where wild wolves live. Aft...
64.4K 2.6K 13
Dead silence. Murmurs of the trees seemed to sense the danger it brought as they quieted. Rustling of leaves eased, unforgiving wind calming down. Ag...