The Billionairess

By Rainbowdaze

Toni, an heiress of a multi billion real estate corporation, is on the verge of being replaced as future CEO... More

Awkward Hellos
Summary
Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chaper Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Thank You!
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Fifteen

78 1 0
By Rainbowdaze

A/N I'm terrible at writing steamy stuff just saying XD

"It's beautiful," I said with a smile, my hands grasping the cool metal railing. The view before me was absolutely breathtaking. The skyline on clear night was like always, beautiful.

"It is isn't it?"

I turned my head to look at Nick and noticed that he looked calm and relaxed, with the breeze softly flowing through his hair and a serene smile on his face. In the short amount of time we spend together, walking through downtown and having conversations, every once in a while heading into some random shop, I'd learned that he was the soft type with a hard exterior. He rarely smiled yet was always contented. He appreciated life and never took anything for granted. And we seemed to connect to each other on that level.

Overall, it was nice to take my mind off of the drama in my life, even if just for a few hours. Now here we were, looking at the night skyline in the Brooklyn Bridge Park, enjoying each other's company.

"Thank you, Nick, for everything today. I think I really needed this. I'm not sure how I managed to stay only half drunk throughout but yeah."

He chuckled, something that I had found him doing more often around me, and shrugged. "I needed this too." He opened his mouth to say more but stopped, almost settling into a frown. "My mother...she's been suffering from a disease for a few years now."

My voice caught in my throat. That sounded absolutely heartbreaking. He was telling me something about his life? And that too something so personal and painstaking as this? "I'm—I'm sorry, I can't image how you feel."

He smiled sadly at me. "She's working on recovering but it takes a lot of money to do that. I've been working non stop for a few weeks now and barely took some time for myself. But I'm glad I got to spend it with you."

My heart melted and I took his hand in mine. "I'm sorry to hear that, but with your determination I'm sure everything will work out. I'm glad I got to spend this with you too."

We locked eyes and my heart began stammering in my chest, suddenly aware at our entwines hands. The intensity between us was so thick. But it felt weird to feel like this. The last time someone made me feel this way was years ago.

Nick stepped towards me but I stood ground, my eyes never leaving his. I was in heels tonight so I was only a few inches shorter than him. His eyes crinkled in happiness as he charmingly smiled, his dimple coming through. I wanted him to kiss me—goddammit—I wanted to kiss him! Seconds passed but he didn't move closer. "You seem nervous."

I blinked, "What me? No, I'm not nervous. You're nervous."

He leaned in closer, our faces only inches apart. "I bet you are now."

I tried to keep myself from laughing. "You want to know something?" I suddenly whispered, taking my hand out of his and snaking then around his neck. He seemed a bit surprised at the action. I sort of did too.

He raised an eyebrow and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him. "And what's that?"

"That I want to kiss you," I answered with all seriousness. I noticed that his expression went from amused to serious too. His grip even tightened around me.

"Oh really? That's interesting because that's what I was just thinking about."

"About kissing yourself?" I cocked my head to the side in faux innocent. We were so close that I could hear his breath and I'm sure he could hear mine too. Everything around us seemed to freeze and all I was focused on was him. Just him.

He leaned in just enough so that our lips were only inches apart when he whispered, "About kissing you." Closing the gap between us, he pressed his soft lips firmly into mine, a hand coming up to graze my cheek while my arms pulled him even closer to me. I closed my eyes as all the butterflies in my stomach exploded into a million pieces of happiness confetti. He pulled back gently looked at me with a mask of caution. As if he wasn't sure this was what we wanted.

But at this point, my mind was coursing through too many emotions and butterflies to think clearly, for sure the alcohol took part in that. I pulled him back down to me and kissed him even harder, with even more passion moving my lips in unison to his. His lips didn't deny mine at all and soon enough, I found myself in the midst of the sweetest make out session I'd ever had. At one point, I even felt myself being pushed against the metal railing.

"Get a room," a voice said from behind Nick. We pulled away abruptly to see a stout middle aged man walking past us. "Disgusting," he muttered.

My eyes met Nick's and we began laughing together, my heart still racing like horse gallops.

"Well...that happened." I bit the inside of my cheek, looking back to Nick who was smiling at me. He looked calm and so so happy. I couldn't help but feel satisfied that I was the one who made him feel that way.

"You're so irresistible when you do that."

I raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Do what?"

He grinned, his dimple showing once again. I loved seeing that dimple because that meant he was genuinely smiling. "That," he emphasized. "You biting your cheek."

I stifled a laugh. "You're so cheesy, I never expected that from you."

His smile faltered and he looked at me in confusion. "But that's not being cheesy, that's the truth."

I straightened up against the rail and placed a quick kiss on his cheek. "You're so cute."

He gasped teasingly, placing his hands on the rail either side of me. "Take that back, don't compare me to a word that describes a puppy." I giggled but his lips captured mine, biting gently on the bottom one. I could definitely tell he had quite a few tricks up him sleeves. I leaned in forward but he pulled back, leaving me frowning and wanting more. "Was that cute, hmm?"

Smirking, I pushed against his chest to release me from my make shift prison. "That was adorable."

~*~*~*~

"Our parents are devastated, Toni."

"I know," I murmured, picking at my nails. Kaden sat down on the couch next to me. After yelling at me for a few minutes he finally calmed down to have a conversation. Call me selfish, but I felt really good that he was mad because that meant he didn't want to be CEO and would never take that from me. "But I can't have my own company control me like this. I get that all these things matter but the way they're handling it is immature to say the least."

"Yeah, I think so too. But please don't resign, I don't want to be the CEO, I'm happy working where I am."

"I don't want to resign, Kaden, I want the Board to say to my face that they want me. I'm sick of hearing all this approval rating marriage contract bullshit."

My little brother glanced at me with a frown on his face. "I'm sorry about that. I never thought they would take it to heart."

I waved it off. "I'm mad but at this point I don't care."

"And about the other night..." He sighed. "I think maybe I went a bit overboard. But let me tell you, that son of a bitch deserved it."

I shrugged, knowing full well that a part of me that night felt like justice was served. The feeling I got from being assaulted passed after that night.

"So...we're waiting everything out?"

I nodded. "Until they make an announcement stating their intentions for me, I'm resigning in two weeks."

"I hate that idea. But whatever happens, know one thing, I'm not going to be CEO."

"Because if you did, I would throw you off a cliff."

"Noted."

A knock sounded from my suite door and we both turned to face it. Getting up, I went over and unlocked it. Li stood there with her arms crossed.

"We need to do something. I've been thinking about it last night and for some strange reason, you had a point. So I've come up with a plan to make the Board jealous."

"Jealous?" I questioned as I stepped aside to let her in.

"Yeah, so they'll want you back. I'm assuming you do, correct?"

"Of course! You know how much this means to me."

"Then let's get started—oh hi there Mr. Rashid."

A/N Sorry I couldn't update sooner, finals are here! And sorry if that was cringy...I tried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 81.9K 49
He took a deep breath. Than began to lower his hand further south, down my neck, stopping at my cleavage. He took an even deeper breath, closing his...
111K 3.6K 37
Katalina Jade can try to be a normal teenager and try to live a normal life, but that just isn't the case. Still recovering from a traumatic experien...
1.3M 40.6K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...
2.5K 384 57
A summer vacation can go wrong in so many ways. **** Harvey's modelling career hits...