The Girl Nextdoor

Per hoplessromantic143

Camila Cabello is an average girl. She's not popular, or somewhere in between. She belongs to a group that he... Més

Pilot
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Quick Question
IMPORTANT
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important I guess
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Help?
Chapter 39
Hey guys...
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65: Part 1
Chapter 65: Part 2
Chapter 65: Part 3
Chapter 66
Chapter 67: Part 1
Chapter 67: Part 2
Chapter 67 Part: 3
Chapter 67: Part 4
Chapter 67: Part 5
Chapter 68 Part 1
Chapter 68: Part 2
Chapter 68 Part 3
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71: Part 1
Chapter 71: Part 2
Chapter 72: Part 3
Hey guys!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Important
Need your help!!
Come say hi
The book cover
Fin

Chapter 18

38.2K 1.1K 1.6K
Per hoplessromantic143

Lauren's POV

It's been two weeks since Camila had "moved on." I left her alone like she wanted me too or at least I'd like to believe that I did. As much as I tried to forget about her, I couldn't. I would find myself staring at her at random times in class, the halls or whenever she was with her. She was happy though, which I think hurt me the most. I don't know why it bothered me to see her with someone else. But it just did. Especially when she would look back at me every time with that same look. She said I was too late. But that wasn't true. I couldn't of have been too late if she still looks at me like I'm the love of her life. She still fucking loves me and I know it. The only problem is that I don't love her. I just want her.

She needed and wanted me, all of me. And I just wanted her and her body. I tried to convince myself that this was true. But I couldn't because if it were, it wouldn't hurt this much. I didn't understand why I couldn't just forget about her. It has never been this hard before. I'm usually the one who cuts the string or breaks off any loose ends. But this time, it seemed like it was her who had done it. Or at least was trying too. Maybe that was what was bothering me. Perhaps it was the fact that she was trying to forget about me before I forgot about her. I don't know, but there's something about Camila Cabello. I don't know what it is but it keeps bringing me back to her.

--

~Later that week~

Today, was the day that we were supposed to preform our songs in Advanced Choir. I say supposed to, because I don't even know if Camila was going to show up or not. She hasn't been here all day and it was beginning to worry me.

As I watched the first few people preform my hope was wearing thin. She wasn't here and I didn't know why. It bothered me to think that maybe she was with her. But then again, she was too much of a square to ditch. She'd never be late to a class without a reason. It wasn't like her. Bows was always on time for everything or atleast had a good reason why she wasn't. And I really hope that was the case.

"But you are the only exception..." Dinah and Siope finished, and brought me out of my deep thoughts. I shook my head lightly as everyone around me began to clap for their performance. I then rubbed my temples in an attempt to get her out of my head because I was next. To my luck though, Mr.Swope had noticed that Camila was absent and agreed to let us preform tomorrow. However, the catch was if she wasn't here again without an excused absence, then our grades would get penalized. Hearing about our grade scared the crap out of me but I think knowing that I would have to talk to her again scared me more. I knew that she wanted me to leave her alone but I guess that's sort of inevitable while we're still partners...

--

After school I went over to Camila's because she had been absent for the remainder of the day. And to be honest, it worried me. But I was more angry because if I wasn't careful about this, we could both loose points on our project. And even though preps shouldn't worry about these things, I do. I've always have, even when I don't show it.

I realized that I had been standing in front of her porch for 10 minutes now. I shook my head lightly as I approached her door. My finger reached for the bell but stopped briefly to think about my next move. What was I going to say to her? Should I be subtle or get straight to the point? What was there to say really? There wasn't much, but I just felt like there was. But none the less, I scolded myself for being a pussy and then took a deep breathe before I rang the doorbell. A few seconds later I heard little footsteps coming towards the door. When it opened it revealed a small, adorable girl. I took a good look at her and presumed that it was Sofi. She was just like Camila had described her. She had short black hair, an olive complexion, chubby cheeks, and beautiful chocolate brown eyes just like her sisters. Looking at them made me a bit nervous at first, but I shook it off and broke the silence.

"Hi." I waved.

"Hi."

"I'm Lauren." I said crouching down and extending my hand for her to shake.

She smiled gently, "I'm Sofi." She said then shook my hand.

"Sofi... that's a wonderful name." I smiled back.

She blushed and said, "Thanks." Before she leaned into my face to stare me dead in the eyes and carefully analyze them. The little girl seemed so amazed by them. After a few seconds, she finally said, "You have tiger eyes. I like them."

I laughed because if how undeniably adorable that was.

"It's a good thing though. Tiger eyes are fierce and pretty just like yours." Sofi continued.

I smiled at her comment before I asked, "Hey Sofi, is Camila home?"

Sofi was about to open her mouth to answer but Sinu suddenly appeared behind her and scolded her, "Sofi how many times have I told you not to answer the door by yourself?"

"Sorry Mama. " Sofi apologized, avoiding her mothers stare.

Sinu half smiled and gave her daughter's head a light affectionate squeeze before she meet my eyes, "Lauren? What brings you here?" Sinu asked a bit taken aback from my sudden visit.

I scratched the nape of my neck before I answered, "I noticed that Camila didn't come to school today and I just wanted to give her some of the work she missed." I lied.

"Really? That's so nice of you." Sinu said grasping my hands and squeezing them affectionately. "Come in. Karla's up in her room with a friend."

I suppressed a smile and thanked her before I made my way up. When I did, I did not hesitate to open the door. It swung open revealing Camila laying in bed with that other girl sitting beside her. They both jumped in shock when they saw me. Suddenly my confidence had vanished and I felt like a complete idiot for intruding like that. After all I didn't have a reason too.

"L-Lauren?" Camila said in disbelief.

"Hi."

"Hey..."

I pushed my hair back nervously, "I um..."

"Why are you here?" The other girl asked. She had every reason too, I was Lauren Jauregui.

"I came to talk to Camila in regards to our project. We had to preform today and she wasn't there."

"Right. Right." The girl shook her head lightly as if she knew all about it. "Let me get out of your hair." She said beginning to make her way off Camila's bed.

When she did, she pecked Camila's lips quickly and waved at me before she made her way out.

I cleared my throat. God this is awkward.

"So like why were you absent today?"

"I didn't feel well. I woke up with a huge headache this morning."

"Too much to drink last night?" I teased her.

Her lips curled into a half smile, "No... I think I'm catching a cold or something."

"Sure... that's what I used to say every time my mom accused me of drinking."

"I guess my bad ass rep has gone up then..."

"I wouldn't say so..."

"And why is that?"

"Because... you're still a dork in my book." I said taping the frame of her glasses.

She shooed my hand away playfully before I sat on the edge of her bed.

There was an awkward silence.

"So listen, Swope said we can preform tomorrow and still get full credit. But... if your not feeling well you don't have to-"

"No. I will. Don't worry. Today was just a slip. I'll be fine tomorrow."

"Fine enough to sing?"

"Fine enough to sing." She confirmed.

"Great."

There was another silence.

"So...is that all you came to tell me?"

"Yeah but that's not all that I wanted I do." I revealed.

"Do?"

"Yeah but if I do what I want to do, you'll just hate me more." I said avoiding her eye contact. "But I did want to tell you something else."

"I'm..."

She was about to open her mouth to say something but I beat her to it by blurting out "I'm sorry."

Her jaw dropped at the sound of my words, "Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry for leading you on like that. I shouldn't have-"

"No Lauren it's okay. You didn't even know you were doing it. It was my fault for thinking it could ever happen."

I shook my head lightly and closed my eyes briefly before I met her eyes, "That's were you're wrong."

"What?"

"I don't know what I need Camz but right now all I know is that I want you."

"You can't have me Lauren we've already been through this-"

"-I know. I just want you to know that okay? And ever since you've left, I can't be myself anymore and it's really pissing me off. I can't touch anyone, or be with anyone because it doesn't feel right. And I think it's your fault because all I want to do is touch and be with you all the time. But I can't and it's sort of stressing me out." I revealed.

She shook her head lightly, "I really don't understand how I can be in love with someone who just wants to have sex all the time."

"You love me." I said smiling like an idiot.

Camila's eyes widened and she slightly blushed. "You act like you already don't know that." She murmured.

"I just like hearing it."

"Ugh."

"What?"

"Your doing it again."

"Doing what?"

"You're being charming."

"Sorry."

"Its okay. But... I want you to know that, I'm really trying here. You were right when you said that I didn't want to forget you. But that doesn't mean that I'm not willing too. You really hurt me Lauren. And I think I'm ready to move on."

That pain began to invade my chest again,"What?"

She hesitated.

"Tell me." I demanded.

"She asked me to be her girlfriend last week...and I said yes."

--

A/n: Sorry for any mistakes. I'll upload later this week.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1.7K 36
Lauren Jauregui, a Normal Teenager? No. Well, maybe at first Sight. But if you look more closely, you will know way more things-way darker things. La...
164K 3.3K 11
Camila Cabello is the new kid at school and Lauren Jauregui, being the most popular girl in there, hates her because she's stealing the spotlight awa...
232K 4K 22
Basic high school love story. Popular Lauren and basic Camila fall in love. What if love is the only thing they have in common? Is love really all? I...
674K 18.7K 25
Camila Cabello was just an average girl. One day, she ran into trouble, made by none other than the school's badass troublemaker Lauren Jauregui, whi...