Brave Bold Belle (ft. Liam Pa...

By BelWatson

I've always been a different kind of girl. That girl whose best friends were books but never kids her age, an... More

Before Reading!
Prologue - Unwanted Fairy-tale
Chapter 1 - The Deal
Chapter 2 - The Contract
Chapter 3 - The Jerk
Chapter 5 - Birthday Party
Chapter 6 - Lies
Chapter 7 - The Treat
Chapter 8 - Tabloids
Chapter 9 - The Dress
Chapter 10 - The Call
Chapter 11 - Ariel Hamilton
Chapter 12 - Girlfriend's Duty
Chapter 13 - Fake Date
Chapter 14 - Nicer
Chapter 15 - Introductions
Chapter 16 - Premiere
Chapter 17 - A Thank You Dinner
Chapter 18 - Unnecessary Things
Chapter 19 - Thoughtful
Chapter 20 - Effort
Liam's POV
Chapter 21 - Meeting the Family
Chapter 22 - Rehearse Dinner Party
Chapter 23 - Disaster
Chapter 24 - New Approach
Chapter 25 - Boyfriend
Chapter 26 - Proud
Chapter 27 - A Good Kisser
Chapter 28 - Blurry
Chapter 29 - Paris
Chapter 30 - Like A Real Couple
Chapter 31 - Ethics
Chapter 32 - Brussels
Bonus Content: Waking Up
Chapter 33 - Walls
Chapter 34 - Weight
Chapter 35 - Deadline
Chapter 36 - Breakup
Chapter 37 - Wedding
Chapter 38 - Goodbye
Chapter 39 - Moving On
Chapter 40 - Fighting
Epilogue - For Happy Endings

Chapter 4 - Invitation

66.3K 2.7K 305
By BelWatson

    There are great things in life. One of the most amazing things in life is, without a doubt, a chilly afternoon at home with a steamy mug of tea and a book in your hands. It’s one of the most sublime things when you know you don’t have to go out, when you can forget all about your problems because the book is an open door to a different world, a world in which you don’t exist, hence you have no worries.

I love that feeling.

Because as I lost myself in the story I don’t have to think about how I signed a contract that ties me to a royal jerk that I can’t stand. With this book’s help I don’t need to think of Liam and how wary I am of the moment I’ll receive a call from Havi telling me it’s time to start pretending, that she’s organised a whole fake date for us so people will see him with his new girlfriend before the premier.

I wish I could stay in this fictional world forever. No responsibilities. No fake boyfriends. No anything but an epic story.

But then my phone rings and I’m brought back to reality and I shiver, like I do every time I hear my phone going off since I signed that contract. Yesterday. I’m honestly afraid to see Havi’s number. I thought she was going to be the one to call me, she’s the one in charge of all the details. That’s why I’m shocked when I see Liam’s contact on the screen of my mobile.

Why is he calling me?

Still confused, I close the book and put it aside before I grab my phone. I look at the screen for two whole seconds before I slide my finger to answer the incoming call. In slow motion I put the gadget next to my ear.

“Hello?” I ask. Maybe someone got hold of his phone and called me. Liam saved my contact as girlfriend chick, so maybe he had an accident and the paramedics are calling me. That would make sense.

“Belle.” But it’s his voice and I sigh. I’m not sure if I’m disappointed that it’s his voice or not. “How are you, babe?” he asks and it gives me the creeps that he calls me babe. But oh well, at least he’s being polite and asking how I am.

“Not so good since I saw your name on my mobile’s screen,” I reply honestly and I swear I hear him chuckle. I’m not joking. “How about you?”

“Oh, I’m really excited and that’s why I’m calling you, babe,” he says in a very cheery tone.

“Yeah, great, just don’t call me babe,” I request with an annoyed tone. I don’t like it, not a single bit.

“Fine, just Belle, then. Don’t say I’m not a sweet boyfriend later, though,” he replies and I shiver at the thought. Even if it’s fake, he’s my boyfriend. Oh God.

“Babe is just a generic term you use to refer to any woman just because you’re too lazy to use her name, or just because you don’t care,” I venture and he doesn’t reply, which is all the confirmation I need.

“Isabelle,” he says deliberately using my name, slowly and carefully and I smile, knowing I won this small argument. “I call you not to discuss how I’ll call you, but to invite you to a party tonight.”

“Party?” I repeat like an echo.

It’s not that I don’t like going out. I quite like it and it’s fun, but some days I just don’t feel like leaving my house. And today is one of those days. And going to a party with Liam is not something I would like, even in those days I do want to go out.

“Yes, a party. Do you know what a party is, right?” he asks, his voice full of sarcasm and I roll my eyes. I don’t know what idea he has of me, but it’s clearly the wrong one.

“Of course I know,” you twat, I add in my mind. “I just didn’t think we would have to go to a party.”

“Yes, it’s a friend’s birthday and it’s the perfect opportunity to show off my brand new girlfriend.”

Ugh, he makes it sound like I’m a new car he’s bought. I know he kind of did. He didn’t pay, his label did, but still. It sounds so horrible I feel disgusted with myself.

“Can you put it more nicely?” I ask and then I realise it’s just futile. He would never understand.

I hear him sighing. “Whatever, I’m just inviting you to come with me. We have to go out before the premier so what better opportunity than this one?”

I sigh this time because I know it’s true. I signed that contract so I’m officially his girlfriend and the most normal thing is that Liam goes to his friend’s birthday party with his girlfriend. I bet there will be some paparazzi and they need to see us together before we show up at the premier. At the end that’s what I am, a charade so everyone thinks Liam isn’t single.

“What kind of party? Casual, smart-formal?” I ask resigned that I have to go, no matter what. It’s part of my new job.

“I dunno, how am I supposed to know that shit? Just look hot,” he replies and I’m not surprised he doesn’t know the difference.

“I don’t want to go under or over-dressed, Liam. That’s all,” I tell him, trying to make him see logic but I hear him groan.

“It’s in a club,” it’s all he says. “Just look hot, okay?”

And I know he’s frustrated because he hangs up and I laugh as I put the mobile away. Good thing to know I also get on his nerves. But once my laughter fades away I remember I have to go out. And just when I had started this great book. I really didn’t feel like going out today. My plan was to finish this book and drink like ten cups of tea. Was too much to ask just a night for myself?

I decide to text Havi to make sure she knows about this party and if it’s really necessary to go. Maybe she has planned something different and can spare me the burden of going to a party for someone I don’t know. So I grab my mobile phone again and call Havi.

“Belle!” she replies at the fourth tone. “Is something wrong?”

I chuckle at her concern. “Not yet,” I tell her with a smile on my lips. “But Liam called me to invite me to a party tonight. Did you know of this?”

“Oh, I didn’t,” she replies and my hopes grow. Maybe I won’t have to go. “I was planning a dinner for you two tomorrow but this is great.” And like that my hopes are crushed. “Liam is more of the clubbing type so it’s more natural if he takes you to a party. Great, great,” she mumbles and I know she’s talking to herself. “Do you need help? If you want to buy an outfit for tonight just let me know. We can go right now.”

I honestly don’t want to move and even less to go shopping. “No worries. I’m sure I can manage with what I have. It’s just a birthday party, right? Although I don’t have present.”

“I’ll take care of that. Don’t worry. Is Liam going to pick you up or something?” she asks next and I realise he didn’t say anything.

“I don’t know,” I reply honestly and she sighs.

“Okay, you just get ready and I’ll see the details,” she tells me and I sigh.

“Thank you, Havi.”

“I’m here for you, Belle.”

After that we say goodbye and I walk to my room to look among all my things for something that I could wear. It’s a club and a birthday party, so I guess a cocktail dress should work. I have a deep navy blue one which is very simple yet elegant. I used it for another birthday. Yes, that should work.

I decide to go back to my book until I have to get ready and when I get to the sofa where I was before I notice I have a new text message.

Liam will meet you at the club. I arranged a car to pick you up at 9. Be ready by then and good luck! —Havi

So I sigh. That arse. He can’t even bother to pick up her girlfriend before going, together, to a party. I wonder if people will believe we are even together. I’ll do my best to pretend to like him but I can’t take responsibility for how he acts.

I text a thanks to Havi and go back to my reading. At least I can escape from all this for a few hours, until it’s inevitable to meet Liam.

At a quarter to eight I start to get ready so I shower and put on the dress. I wear black high heels and I leave my black coat on my bed for when I leave. It’s a chilly autumn night, I won’t freeze to death for Liam.

Then I do my makeup and hair, making sure my curls fall freely and my fringe is straightened to the right. I normally wear my glasses because it’s simpler and more comfortable, but for tonight I wear my contacts. I only use these for special occasions and I have the feeling it’s better if I use them tonight.

At nine sharp the car is waiting for me so I grab my coat and my purse and I leave a note. Dad hasn’t arrived yet so I have to let him know I’ll be out. I greet the driver and then in silence, he drives me to this club where I’ll meet with Liam.

We finally arrive and I look around, still from inside the car. I’ve never been to this place but it looks big and crowded. I can hear the loud music from outside and there are so many people around. I don’t know what to do, if to call Liam to tell him I’m here or just walk inside. But there are guards by the door and I don’t know if I’m in the list or I’m just the plus one.

Just to be sure, I text Liam to tell him I’m in the car, outside. He replies with a simple ‘wait’ so that’s what I do.

After three minutes my door opens all of the sudden and I scream, scared and my heart doesn’t stop beating like crazy even when I see Liam. Couldn’t he knock at my window or something?

“Let’s go,” he says. No hello, no sweet words, no anything.

No one is going to believe this.

I take his hand and get out of the car. Still holding my hand, he looks at me from head to toe and then back to my eyes.

“Hot enough for me,” he says and it doesn’t sound like he likes how I look but more like he approves of how I look to be seen next to him. Then he tangles his fingers with mine and leads me to the club doors. “Show time, girlfriend.”

“Show time,” I murmur with a heavy sigh, just following him as I see the flashes aimed to us. Paparazzi taking pictures.

It has really begun.

-:-:-

Hope you liked it :)

Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 384 32
I feel his hands glide down towards my fanny and I stop fixing my hair. "Liam-" I start to say but am cut off by him. "Are you sure you want to sell...
1.3M 13K 15
"Mine." His low growl of possession took my heart and the fate of my panties. They were soaked through with arousal. Damn it. I stroked his face as h...
305 2 29
Princess Morgan Annie Spencer. That's my name. I've had it for almost 200 years (certain travels may vary). My sixteenth birthday is in about a two m...
1K 26 18
Her brows furrowed. "You look like you have something specific you wanna ask me." The tips of Liam's ears turned red at Emma's very accurate observat...