STRAIGHT | VKOOK

By AlwaysPopin

STRAIGHT | VKOOK Best friends agreeing to be best friends with benefits is always a no. Especially when both... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
EPILOGUE

FOURTY

32.1K 1.7K 4.3K
By AlwaysPopin

Chapter 40 woot ✊. We have come so far.
Aaaaand I just realized that not even 10 chapters are left so... :(

▪ ▪ ▪

The cafeteria was a chaos.

A literal definition of a chaos.

The boys were running about, pushing each other around and scrambling here and there in hurry. Namjoon was yelling something to Jin and Hoseok. Yoongi was shoving Mark under the table. Jackson was dragging a chair and a Jaebum behind him.

"Quick! Set the tables in the center. Jin, put the cake in the center. Hoseok, light the candles. Mark, Jackson hide the party poppers behind your back and stand behind the doors." Namjoon said loudly, ordering everyone around.

Everyone quickly hurried to do whatever they had been told to do so.

"Now hurry, hide under the tables and when Jungkook comes in, we have to jump out and yell surprise. Understood?" Namjoon asked. Everyone nodded, bumping past each other and under the tables.

"Wait! Wait! Where the fuck and Mika and Jia? They didn't bring the balloons yet. What is a birthday party without balloons? Does anyone have condoms? We can blow them up and throw them around-" Jin said suddenly but Namjoon clasped a hand over his mouth, "No time." He whisper-yelled as he dragged Jin under the table.

Meanwhile, Jimin had his arm slung over Jungkook's shoulder as the both of them walked to the cafeteria after their Physics lesson where Jimin had conviniently left out the fact that they were going to help the teacher arrange her test papers after class.

"I can't believe you made me touch physics papers when we didn't even have exams and now we are late for lunch. And I'm literally starving!" Jungkook whined as pushed Jimin's arm off his shoulder brattily.

"Oh shut it, you had nothing better to do anyways." Jimin said, thrpwing his arm back over Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook hummed, "Yeah. I have nothing to do on my birthday."

Jimin gasped loudly, "It's your birthday? Oh my god- I completely forgot. Shit I didn't even get you a present- oh my god. Your birthday is today? Are you sure?"

"Don't worry. Everyone seems to have forgotten. It's fine." Jungkook shrugged carelessly.

Jimin grinned at him sheepishly, "Sorry."

Jungkook gave him a look and then both of them walked up to the cafeteria doors. Jungkook pushed open the double doors and then heard someone groan from the back as it hit their nose.

"Oops." Jungkook let out and then peeked behind the door. He saw Jackson standing behind it, rubbing his red nose.

"Oh Jackson, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were... why are you standing behind the cafeteria doors?" Jungkook asked with furrowed brows.

"To surprise you." Jackson said holding out a party popper.

"Oh my god Jackson! You ruined the whole fucking surprise." Mark snapped as he got out from behind the other door and stormed up to them.

Jackson looked at Jungkook sheepishly, "Surprise?"

"No. Nah. I had to help the physics teacher rearrange like a million papers just to get Jungkook late and give him this surprise. You can't ruin it. We are going back out and do it again." Jimin said and grabbed Jungkook by his collar, dragging him outside,

Jungkook opened the doors again, pursing his lips when Mark and Jackson jumped out and burst the party poppers in his face, "Surprise!" They yelled, jumping around.

Jungkook gasped loudly, putting a hand over his mouth and making his eyes wide, "You didn't have to. Aw. Thank you. I am SO surprised. I totally didn't see anything the first time. Wow thank you!"

"Happy birthday Jungkookie!" There was a sudden shout, startling Jungkook as the rest of the boys jumped out from under the table.

Jungkook looked at them with wide eyes as everyone came running up to him and attacked him with hugs. Hoseok and Mark started singing the birthday a song loudly as they climbed on the table.

Everyone started dancing. Jungkook stood there eyes big and Jimin rushed up to him, placing a large gold birthday crown on his head. Yoongi also rushed up to Jungkook and, somehow, wrapped him up in bubblewrap and then ran away.

"Oh my god." Jungkook squeaked out, surprised and hid his face behind his hands, "Thank you-"

"No. No wait!" Someone yelled.

Everyone turned around to see Jia carrying a lot of balloons in her hands as she rushed inside. Mika was at the doors, trying to carry three big ones with little balloons and confetti inside.

The balloon burst and Mika screamed and everyone cheered and started dancing again.

"Happy birthday!" Jia said as she hugged Jungkook tightly. Jungkook smiled brightly at her, hugging her back, "Thank you."

They led Jungkook to the table and Jungkook gasped, seeing a big cake with his picture on it and a lot of candles, "How did you get my face on it?" He asked, poking his own nose on the picture.

"Jin made it." Namjoon answered and handed Jungkook a knife. Jungkook cut the cake, slicing it and then taking it to Namjoon's mouth.

Namjoon ate it, pinching Jungkook's puffy cheeks and Jungkook smiled, feeding everyone the cake by turn. Then everyone starting chopping the heck out of the cake, trying to feed Jungkook first.

Myon took a bit of icing off the cake and put it on Jungkook's lips and then licked it off. Everyone grimaced and Yoongi took a handful of cake and shoved it in Myon's face.

Myon smeared the cake back in Yoongi's face.

Mika and Jia put some icing on Jungkook's cheeks. Jungkook put some on Jimin's cheeks and Jimin put some on Jia's nose. Then Jin took the whole cake and smashed it in Namjoon's face.

Mark took some cake off Namjoon and put it in Jackson's hair. Then Jin conjured a new cake out of nowhere and everyone turned to look at Jungkook with evil grins.

Jungkook screamed and ran out of the cafeteria at full speed, the whole crowd of wild icing covered humans after him.

Taehyung watched everything from the corner of the cafeteria and then simply bought himself a sandwich before heading out.

▪ ▪ ▪

Jungkook went home all tired.

He walked into his room and looked at himself in the mirror, seeing his shirt all stained with chocolate and his hair looking greasy. He scrunched his nose up and went up to his closet to pick out some fresh clothes.

Then took a long warm shower filled with bubbles and perfumes, dressed up in some comfy clothes and then hopped up on his bed to play with the bubble warp that Yoongi had gifted him. Genius.

Jungkook unzipped his bag and pulled the roll of the satisfying plastic out but a box rolled outside with it. Jungkook furrowed his brows and picked up the small box, opening up the lid.

He paused, hand stopping midway.

Inside was a small stack of photos, and a few other things below it. Jungkook reluctantly reached out and picked up the first photo.

A carnival. No not a carnival but a picture of Jungkook standing in front of a carnival. He looked at the picture seeing the glimmering lights behind him, the rides standing tall and colorful as ever.

Jungkook was wearing a pink bunny headband in the picture and hand his hand on his waist, pouting his lips. The exact night came crashing into his mind, the night a few months back when Taehyung took him out.

"We will follow my plan. We will sit on that bench for an hour and then go home and you will let me fuck you." Taehyung crossed his arms and looked at Jungkook.

Jungkook checked to see if Taehyung was joking but saw seriousness on his face so he looked at the ground. "O-okay."

Taehyung burst out laughing at Jungkook's response and lifted his chin up. "I am kidding baby. That is not the plan." He chuckled, holding back his laughter at Jungkook's face.

"I hate you." Jungkook pouted and pushed Taehyung back. Taehyung laughed and grabbed his arms. "Listen. First we will try all the rides in this carnival. All of them. Including the roller coaster. Then we will go to the cinema and watch any movie you want. And after that we will go and have dinner at your favorite restaurant. How is that?"

Jungkook stared at him with wide eyes. "Really?"

"Yes baby." Taehyung smiled at the boy bouncing in excitement before him and pecked his lips. "Let's go. Oh and the last offer of plan A still stands."

Jungkook raised his arm to smack Taehyung again but Taehyung held his hands down and placed a bunny headband on his head.

"Smile Kookie." Taehyung said, whipping out his phone to take a picture of Jungkook.

Jungkook closed his eyes, clutching the picture tightly in his hand. He breathed out slowly, feeling nervous about going through the box. He put the first picture to the side and took out the second one.

The second picture; the sun was setting down at a distance, giving of a pink and orange glow to the sky. Jungkook was standing with his hands spread out in a titanic pose, his hair blowing in the wind.

"I am flying." Jungkook giggled and Taehyung rested his head on his shoulder, holding onto him tightly.

"Yes baby. You are." Taehyung whispered in his ear. Jungkook leaned back on his chest and turned his neck so that Taehyung could kiss him.

Taehyung gently placed his lips against Jungkook's as they stood fifty feet above the ground, on a Ferris wheel, Jungkook hands spread open and Taehyung's hand on his waist as they kissed, ignoring the setting sun in front of them which was illuminating the sky with pinks and oranges making the scene even more unreal.

They both sat down in their seats when the ride started moving again.

"That was our version of the Titanic." Jungkook giggled, "Too bad no one took a picture." Taehyung threw his arm over Jungkook's shoulder and nuzzled into his neck.

Jungkook put the photo to the side and then saw a photo strip tucked in beneath the picture and took it out to see. He felt his eyes tear up a little, looking at the serious of low quality photos

A picture where he was sitting on Taehyung's shoulder, his head cut off the frame. The second one was Jungkook and Taehyung making a big heart with their hands. Both were smiling really wide, Taehyung showing off his boxy smike and Jungkook showing off his bunny one.

There was one with a pink bunny and a red heart shaped alien as their face. Jungkook looked across his room, seeing the pink bunny still perched on his dresser. Cooky. That's what he had named it. Cooky and Tata.

Jungkook looked at the next picture. The one where Taehyung had cupped Jungkook's cheeks and pressed their lips together. Jungkook looked shock while Taehyung was grinning into the kiss.

Jungkook put the phot strip back into the box and then pulled out the next picture, tears swimming in his eyes as he looked at it.

It was of him crouched down on the sand, looking for something. The sea was captured in a distance, a few small boats floating around as the sun shone down on everything.

Jungkook stared at the picture, a tear rolling down his cheeks slowly. He wiped it away and then picked up the next one, his breath hitching when he looked at it.

It was night time, Jungkook was sitting in front of the fire, the dancing flames casting a ghostly orange glow on his face. The stars were also twinkling up in the sky, just pulling the picture together.

Jungkook let out a small sob. He remembered that day clearly too, when he was staring at Taehyung, thinking how gorgeous he looked when he was all happy.

He looked at the next one, it was him on the cliff, bending down to sniff some roses. The picture was taken from behind, the sky all greyish behind him and the city seen in the distance. Jungkook let out a sob, more tears falling out of his eyes as he turned to the next one.

It was him in his bedroom. The lights were dimmed and he was sitting on his bed, only a blanket covering his body. He was staring out of the window, leaning his chin on his hand, not knowing Taehyung was behind him taking a picture. He never knew Taehyung took pictures of him when he wasn't looking.

There was one was of him and Taehyung. They were laying in the bed. Jungkook was wrapped up in a blanket, asleep. Taehyung had one arm around his body, hugging him close as the other one took the picture. Taehyung had his lips pressed against Jungkook's temple.

Jungkook sniffed loudly, wiping his cheeks with his hands as he stared at the picture. Stared at Taehyung and how beautiful he looked, so calm and simple yet so ethereal.

The last picture was of a hotel room. A big glass window which was looking over the city. Jungkook could see the Eiffel tower glimmering in a distance. Attached to picture was a dried rose.

Jungkook sniffed out wiping his wet cheeks with his hand and set the pictures aside, turning back to the box. There was a folded up piece of paper sitting inside. Jungkook picked it up and unfolded it, letting out a chocked sob.

The paper had T.K. and J.K. scribbled on it in purple. Taehyung Kim and Juliette Kim was scribbled down under the letters and purple hearts were drawn all over it.

Jungkook set that aside with the pictures carefully and looked inside. He saw a small packet and picked it up.

It had a necklace. A seashell necklace.

The spiral turquoise shell with tiny specks of silver in it. It was surrounded by a thin silver wire, extending into the slim silver chair. Jungkook looked at it and felt the tears rolling down his cheeks.

He closed his fingers around the delicate necklace, crying on his palm and reached out, picking up the last thing in the box. Another small piece of paper.

He turned it over to look at it and then let out a stifled cry, turning himself into a ball and hugging himself, his tears smudging the black ink.

'Happy Birthday.' It said simply.

In Taehyung's handwriting.

▪ ▪ ▪

"Taehyung." Jungkook snapped as he stormed out into the feild, the small black box clutched in his hand. Taehyung was out there alone, in his gym clothes, as he tried to get a basketball through the hoop.

Taehyung turned around to look at him immediately, letting the ball drop to the side.

Jungkook walked up to him and shoved the black box in his hands, "What the fuck is this?" He snapped.

Taehyung looked at the box, then up at Jungkook, "I... want you to have this." He said softly.

"Why the fuck would I want this?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung looked at him, "B-because I-I thought you would like it." He mumbled, looking down at the box in his hands.

Jungkook let out a dry chuckle, "I hate it."

Taehyung blinked at him, "You- you do?" He asked.

Jungkook scoffed, "Yes. I fucking hate it. What are you trying to do? Do you think this is some kind of joke? That you can just hurt me again and again and then just give me these- these things." Jungkook snappe, pointing at the box.

Taehyung shook his head, "N-no I wasn't- I wasn't trying to-"

"I told you to stop, didn't I? Then what is this? Why do you keep doing this? Can you just stop now? For fucks sake Taehyung. I'm done with you."

"Do you- um do you really not want this. I-I thought-"

"Shut up. Everything inside the box means nothing anymore. Do you get that. I hate it and I don't want it." Jungkook said.

"Sorry. I just- sorry." He whispered faintly before chucking the box aside in a bin and rushing away.

Taehyung ran inside the school building and hurriedly changed back out of his gym clothes. He just... he wanted to be alone so he quickly grabbed his stuff and went out of the locker room, rushing up the stairs.

His phone started buzzing.

Taehyung took his phone out of his pocket and glanced at the caller ID. He rolled his eyes and declined it. The phone started buzzing again and Taehyung sighed, picking it up.

"What do you want?" He asked in a rough voice, running a hand through his hair and looking around the empty stair case.

"How are you?" Jaesun's voice came from the other side.

"Why are you calling me?" Taehyung asked, leaning against the wall.

Jaesun clicked his tongue from the other side, "I just wanted to know if you were okay." He said, voice flat.

"Since when do you care about me being okay?" Taehyung snapped.
"Since the day you were born." Jaesun replied simply.

Taehyung snickered, "Right. I'm fine, what do you want?" He said.
"Oh you are fine? That's nice." Jaesun said.

"Cut it out Dad. Just tell me what the fuck do you want?" Taehyung said and Jaesun sighed, "I'd watch my mouth if I were you because I think you are using my money to stay wherever you are staying."

Taehyung gulped, "S-sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"But since you are so bold and impatient, fine. I just wanted to tell you that I'm emptying your bank account. You didn't want my money anyways so I'm taking it back." Jaesun snickered.

Taehyung felt a knot forming in his stomach, "W-what?"

"I said I am taking my money back from you." Jaesun stated in a gruff voice.

"N-no Dad. Please. P-Please I have nothing right now. I need it. Just let it be until- until I find a job and- I'll pay you back if you want after that. Don't take it away-" Taehyung said and Jaesun laughed from the other side and then cut the call.

"Please. Dad?" Taehyung called but heard silence from the other side. He rubbed his face with his hands, putting his phone away, "Oh god."

Taehyung breathed out heavily, feeling fear settling down in the pits of his stomach. He was feeling scared now, so fucking scared.

"Tae." Someone said softly, placing a hand on Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung jumped up, panaroid and slapped the hand off, backing away. He turned around and saw Jin standing there, looking at him with wide eyes.

Taehyung looked at him with big, scared eyes, "I- I didn't do anything. I'm sorry for whatever it is that you want to- to yell at me for. S-sorry."

"Hey calm down. Are you okay? What happ-"

"I'm- I'm fine. I'm okay." Taehyung let out quickly and then rushed away.

Taehyung cursed to himself and ran a hand through his hair, walking to the nearest door, which happened to be an empty classroom. He opened the door.

"What now?" He heard Myon curse out and looked up to see Myon and Jungkook again.

He mumbled out a sorry and closed the door, walking back. But then the door opened and Jungkook stormed out, "What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you dumb?" He snapped.

Taehyung looked at him, "I didn't mean to, sorry." He said weakly.
"What the hell are you trying to do? Why the fuck can you not leave me alone Taehyung? I'm trying my hardest here to get over you but you keep fucking up." Jungkook said and Taehyung just looked down, not saying anything.

"You don't mean to do anything but you still do and fuck everything up for everyone. Why can you not let me live peacefully? Is it necessary to butt into everything?" Jungkook said and Taehyung shook his head, feeling dizzy. He leaned over to the wall for support, trying to control his breaths.

Jungkook gave him an angry look and then stormed away.

Taehyung walked up to the roof after that, sitting there quietly and then the door opened, Jimin and Jia walking in, laughing at something. They saw Taehyung and stopped laughing instantly.

"I'll go." Taehyung whispered and walked away.

He went down to his car and sat there for the rest of the time. Then went to the cafeteria to get himself some water at recess. But ended up bumping into Jimin and spilling it all over him because he was feeling dizzy.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Jimin snapped, "Can you not watch where you are going?" Jimin said, shaking his wet shirt. Taehyung looked at him, "I'm sorry." That's all he could say. That's all he had been saying.

"Now what? Are you gonna punch me because I spilled your water?" Jimin asked. Taehyung shook his head, "I'm not- I'm not like that. Please, I'm sorry." He whispered, feeling his legs wobble a bit.

"Right. As if you didn't hit Jungkook because he was trying to help." Jimin snickered. Jin walked up to them, "Jimin stop-"

"Jungkook. Just- just let me talk to him. Why can't I-" Taehyung said, gulping dryly, feeling like he would throw up.

"What makes you think we would let you near him when you will just hit him again?" Jimin asked. Taehyung looked down, feeling tears swell up in his eyes, "I'm not like that. You know- you know I'm not like that Jimin. You k-know me." Taehyung said.

"Right." Jimin snickered, "Like you wouldn't hurt everyone again if we let you-"

"Shit Taehyung." Jin let out as he saw Taehyung stumbling forward, falling down on his knees. Jimin paused, eyes widening and the people around them paused to look.

Jin quickly took Taehyung's hand, trying to help him up but Taehyung pulled his hand away, looking down into his lap, "I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. I didn't- please I'm sorry. D-Don't do this to me- I can't-"

He broke down.

He felt his eyes fill up with tears and gritted his teeth to hold them in but then let out a sob, clasping a hand over his mouth, tears dripping down hia cheeks.

Jimin blinked at him, eyes wide as he saw tears streaming down Taehyung's face, dropping onto his lap. Taehyung hid his face in his hands, trying to wipe his tears away, trying to stop crying but he couldn't.

"Tae-" Jin said, placing a hand on Taehyung's back but Taehyung flinched away, pushing Jin back.

"What the fuck?" Jimin let out and Jin looked up at him, "Don't you fucking see he is scared too? He looks scared, he is crying Jimin. Can't you see?"

Taehyung was clawing at his face, trying to somehow shove his tears back in but it wasn't working. He felt loud gasps leaving his lips and pressing a hand over his mouth, crying into his palm.

"Oh my god." Taehyung heard and looked up, seeing Jungkook running up to him. Taehyung shook his head, shakily got to his feet and turned around to run out of the cafeteria.

Jungkook ran after him, looking around frantically for the boy but didn't see him. He saw Taehyung's car still parked in the parking lot and rushed out of the school.

Jungkook ran to Taehyung's house, thinking he would have gone there, and kept ringing the doorbell until Sunmi answered, annoyed.

"Is Taehyung home?" Jungkook asked looking worried.

"I don't know who you are talking about." Sunmi said and shut the door.

Jungkook furrowed his eyes, and stood there for a second before sighing. Where the fuck could Taehyung go? Where would he go when he is upset?

The cliff.

Of course. Of course, Taehyung would go there. Taehyung loved that place and- How did Jungkook not think of it before? Jungkook took no time in running up tothe place, pushing the trees out of his way and hurriedly climbing up.

He got to the clearing and then saw...

No one.

There was no one there.

Taehyung wasn't there.

▪ ▪ ▪
I was so bad at writing before and that just made this chapter bad too. But tell me one thing. How???? Did you guys???? Read my previous chapters?? Like chapter 12 is the WORST THING TO EVER EXIST. Who tf wrote that? Thats so cringy ohmygod. Do I even deserve rights at this point?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 16.4K 52
jeongguk isn't gay, but when he finds out his best friend taehyung has sensitive thighs, he might be just a little. maybe a lot when he gets to see h...
55.7K 2.5K 19
Kim Taehyung a young ceo who hates his homophobic stepmother asks jeon jungkook a young college student to be his fake boyfriend Bottom kook Top tae...
486K 13K 50
top↑kook bottom ↓tae jeonJungkook a bad boy, who think that everyone ,guys and girls likes him, but what's happening when he meets Kim taehyung? A...
27.3K 1.2K 12
Jimin and jungkook are best of friends. They are inseparable. But they are not in love ..jimin has a crush on his senior yoongi and jungkook has crus...