Aftermath

By theeighteenthnerd

"What brings you here, Malfoy?" Hermione questioned the man in front of her, perplexed. "Is that how you gree... More

CHAPTER 1: DRACO MALFOY IS AN ICON OF CHANGE
CHAPTER 2: BANKERS DO COLLECT
CHAPTER 3: ONE MUST NOT TRUST A MALFOY'S SUPRISE
CHAPTER 4: THIS RING IS FULL OF BOLLOCKS
CHAPTER 5: OR HOW TO NOT
CHAPTER 6: THE LAST PERSON YOU WANT TO MARRY
CHAPTER 7: NO ONE EVER LAYS A FINGER ON THE SNITCH BUT THE SEEKER
CHAPTER 8: FIRE AND ICE
CHAPTER 9: I NEED TO SEE PAPA
CHAPTER 10: NEVER DID AND NEVER WILL
CHAPTER 11: THAT'S HOW IT FELT
CHAPTER 12: ONLY IF YOU KNEW
CHAPTER 13: WE'RE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL
CHAPTER 15: GENUINE FRIENDSHIP AND TRUST
CHAPTER 16: I FEEL IT TOO
CHAPTER 17: SO? WHAT DID MY MOTHER SAY?
CHAPTER 18: ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT
CHAPTER 19: PLACE YOUR HANDS, IDIOTS
CHAPTER 20: WANTING TO MAKE HIM STAY
CHAPTER 21: THAT WAS ONE HELL OF A PATRONUS
CHAPTER 22: A DIFFERENT FLIGHT
CHAPTER 23: PROOF OF YOUR PAIN
CHAPTER 24: AT LEAST WE KNOW IT WORKS

CHAPTER 14: WE'LL TRY IT THERE, AS WELL

4.9K 151 84
By theeighteenthnerd

Hermione and Draco boarded the empty train in Platform 9 3/4. Classes don't start until the 1st of September. It's still almost the end of July. Good thing is that the train actually travels during Tuesdays and Thursdays, making it convenient for them, finding out just yesterday, their purpose going back to Hogwarts.

"Surreal." Hermione whispered to herself, as they chose the nearest compartment, which the golden trio had always shared. "It is," Draco said as he kept looking at the details of Hogwarts Express.

"It's my first time here." Draco commented as he sat back, across Hermione. "Slytherins used to sit on the far end of the train. Not here." He added.

"Gryffindors occupy this part of the train." Hermione smiled and Draco nodded, remembering their Hogwarts days. "It never really changed either, It's funny I can still remember every conversation that happened in this compartment." She said looking around.

"I never really knew how it looked like, in your compartments," Hermione looked at Draco. "You know, just a tad darker. Potter and his broken nose would know. Just like the dungeons." Draco shrugged.

The train had started to move.

"Is the dungeon really is a dungeon, Draco?" Hermione asked. "You see, in our second year, Harry and Ron drank polyjuice imitating Crabbe and Goyle, trying to get it out of you, if you're the Heir of Slytherin, basically they've seen your common room. And I brewed it up myself, by the way." She laughed remembering how she turned into Millicent Bulstrode's cat. Mistaking the cat hair as Millicent's.

"Wanker. I always knew something was up one time, with Crabbe and Goyle. Goyle had this funny glasses, he never wore one, he never read either." Draco said as he glanced up in thought.

Hermione laughed at his snide comment. "I was quite apalled with that too, why were they your chosen friends Draco? You're smart. You've always come second to me in every class."

"Well—poor choice of peer?" Draco asked sheepishly. "My father always taunted me for being second to you, beating me for the closest scores and that you were you know—a mugg—"

"Mudblood." Hermione smiled, noticing the discomfort on Draco.

"That's why. I never hung with people as smart as me, means I'd have to compete and I'd have to be compared by my father even more as he compared me to you." Draco said honestly.

"But I was always better than you in Potions, Granger. You were just the favorite." Draco added to clear the air. "Excuse me—Harry was." Hermione said and rolled her eyes. The two geniuses laughed in agreement.

If there was a title for the brightest wizard of their age, it would belong to Draco Lucius Malfoy but he never got the recognition, for being bright comes with having great personality, which, Draco at the time didn't. Draco Malfoy had been and was always smart just like Hermione Granger. Both book smart and practical smart. He was never just a bad boy from the corner. He was excellent in academics, earning a spot, being at advanced classes with the golden trio, with Hermione dragging Harry and Ron to. He grew up succumbed by his parents. He had a reputation to maintain. Lucius and Narcissa were brilliant during their years in Hogwarts as well, that made Draco strive into beating Hermione more but he never could surpass the brightest witch.

Draco was also very skilled in Quidditch. He never played dirty like the rest of his team, so when he became captain, he changed Slytherin's old tricks into real strength and strategy.

If he was raised right, and Harry Potter was sorted to Slytherin. He could be the one who's saving and dragging Harry Potter's ass out of trouble and death, at all times and not Hermione Granger.

She looked through the window sill and it's night time, a plausible sign that they were nearing Hogsmeade already and it felt like days in the compartment. They both sat and slept in different positions for nine hours. Hermione was nervous being alone with Draco, she didn't know why, she had always been alone with Draco a couple of times but tonight's different.

Hermione noticed as Draco kept fidgeting with his wand, boredom written across his face, nine hours of trainwreck.

"Hawthorne," She started. "I read about those kind of wands." She added. Draco leaned to the cabin window and looked at his wand and back at Hermione. "Of course you did. Hermione Granger never does not read." He answered in sarcasm.

Hermione just made face, "Hawthornes are for those who are truly gifted, Draco. I read about it, it's convenient for those who uses it for healing, but as they say the wand chooses the wizard, and hawthorne is practically for those who had proven talent." She smiled at Draco, causing Draco to feel nauseous of how Hermione is trying to appreciate him in her most Hermione Granger way.

Draco smiled at her back, "but also for those who have deep turmoil and conflicting identity." I added, fully accepting my past personality. Hermione laughed a bit, "True but conflicting identities can be averted. Look at you now," She said smilingly.

"Why are you like that, Granger?" Draco suddenly asked, causing Hermione to stiffened.

"Like what?" She asked in an incredulous tone, like afraid of getting busted for breaking the rules.

"Like you're breaking the rules." Draco sat straight and winked. "Rules of what?" Hermione's cheek gleamed a shade of pink causing Draco to grin even more.

"Rules of; you shouldn't be playing with fire. You are flirting at me with your wit, Granger." Draco has always been forward, and saying that made Hermione's brows shot up and her mouth agape.

"I am not! You bastard! We're just talking about wands you clanking pot!" She said furiously, veering her red face to the window.

Draco chuckled softly, "It's okay. I've come across yours too." Draco said. "Vine." He added. "Uncommon. It gets attracted with bold, brave wizards and witches. Who seek greater purpose and brilliant beyond their years." Draco said still smiling at the child–like Hermione, who looked like she was caught stealing candies.

"And you're exactly that. Wands never lie, Granger." He finished and Hermione met his eyes, once again. Draco's gray stormy eyes, enveloped Hermione's hazel eyes.

With that, Draco didn't know what got into him. He grabbed Hermione by the hand, cupped her face with his left, and kissed her hard. Hermione felt a thousand volts jolted through her body as their lips met. This was more than what he felt with Ron in the chamber. Her legs felt like it had a mind of its own, quickly reacting to Draco's reaction, she straddled over him and deepening the kiss. Draco was sent into ecstasy when he felt Hermione's leg, over his. He lowered his hands to her waist, moving it up and down her thighs. Hermione grabbed Draco's silk, blonde hair with her bare hands. Draco deepened the kiss as his hand travelled to the nape of her back and the other on the nape of her neck.

The walls of sexual attraction between them for weeks had finally been destroyed. Draco felt like he lived under a rock for so long and it's his first to time to go out and see the world for what it is.

Kissing Draco felt like it wasn't the first time for Hermione. His soft lips, that begged an entrance was something Hermione never thought of easily drawing in so quickly. Her hands wandered through his hair and the other on his broad chest.

Everyday Draco slept with this woman, shrugging off the fact that his male nature was screaming something more than sleeping, and today he finally admits to himself how badly she wanted Hermione in his life, preferrably stripped naked and on his bed.

His heart beating fast as Hermione was unbottoning his black buttoned up top, never breaking the kiss. She stretched his top open and had her hands all over him.

His manhood screams the other way but he respected Hermione more than enough to never do something overboard but then here she is, undoing his top and Draco took it as a sign. He grabbed Hermione's sweater and yanked it upwards, breaking the kiss in a second but continuing it again in speed of light. They tossed their tops to the floor and Draco lifted Hermione's waist, placing her to his side of the seat.

Now, Draco's over Hermione, declaring dominance. They were both ready to go overboard when—

They both snapped when the train horn pierced through their ears, and hauled the train to a full stop, causing Draco to lose his balance topple over Hermione on the floor.

"O–Ow." Hermione groaned in Draco's weight. Their eyes met and Hermione was flustered. Realizing she's almost half naked already, as Draco was too.

She quickly stood up and covered her undergarment, in sheer panic, looking for her sweater. She grabbed and it wore it fast on top of her.

Draco stood up as well, grabbing his black polo, tousling in over his body, and buttoning it.

Both hearts were beating fast, and both skin were hitched on a higher temperature than normal.

Draco cleared his throat, "We're here." He said, voice almost breaking.

"Yeah, we are." Hermione said as she picked up her
wand from her previous seat, her hair looked intense, she blushed at the thought of Draco Malfoy, grabbing it a while ago.

She pushed past Draco and left the compartment, couldn't meet is gaze once again.

Draco did the same as he levitated their trunk, following their steps. He fixed his hair, and a sly smile came to him, remembering how Hermione raked the hell out of it.

They both reached the Hogwarts gates. And a carriage was waiting for them.

Hermione shuddered at the thought, she can already see the thestral. It means she'd seen the face of death. And so did Draco.

She sighed on how fast time flew for them, once Hogwarts was something magical, and friendly, and now they can see these kinds of creatures with their experiences.

Hermione stopped her tracks when a cold hand held hers. "I don't do one night stands, Granger." He whispered. "You'd better hold my hand back." He teased and with her hand, Draco helped her up the carriage, carrying them to the castle.

They sat across eachother once again, Hermione kept looking every other way, just not Draco's.

"Your neck's going to snap, Granger." He said smugly. "Don't tell me you're—" Draco widened his eyes in his sudden realization.

"Shut it, ferret!" Hermione grimaced. And Draco threw fits of laughter. "I'm sorry, Hermione. I never took the weasel king for a slow poke when it comes to shagging. I've heard his sexual conquests quite enough," he said.

Hermione tensed and blush harder at the mention of sexual conquests.

"Granger, you're like 29, no one's going to judge you off the book." Draco said confidently.

She admitted to herself. She was truly a prude. She was a virgin. Yes, Ron and her had snogged, but they never shagged. And Ron was her first partner, ever. And it ended shortly. She never got the chance to explore.

But this—this is Draco Malfoy.

They both averted their gaze to the air when a Patronus charm came their way. A cat. "Professor," Draco said since Hermione still couldn't hold her brains together.

The cat pranced through the air, forming words that assembled on their own.

Welcome back to Hogwarts!

Forgive me for I cannot assist you tonight. Hogwarts is always open to those who need it. I'll see you in the morning in my office, Mr and Mrs. Malfoy.

For the mean time, I have charmed the Slytherin dungeon available for the both of you, you can have your old bedroom there, Draco.

With respect and congratulations,
Professor Minerva McGonagall

"Slytherin dungeons?" Hermione asked nervously. It was just hours ago when she wondered what it would look like in there. And now she's going to be spending the night in it.

She remembered the steamy event on the train that caused her legs to twitch at the thought sharing beds with Draco tonight.

"Apparently, you'll be experiencing it firsthand with me, Granger." Draco whispered.

They've arrived in the castle and their trunk levitated once again following them through the halls and down the dungeon.

There was a stretch of pure stone wall before them. Draco closed his eyes, and muttered to himself, "Serpentine."

The walls opened and it revealed a common room that's under the Black Lake. The windows were all underwater, creating an aquarium feel to it. With green and warm lights that surrounded the entire common room.

"It's dark." Hermione finally commented, gaining back her confidence. "I told you it was." Draco said smiling. "But it was all enough for us. Next time, you show me to Gryffindor tower so I could call it even." Draco said.

"You can't call it even still! I haven't been to your side of the train." Hermione said in rebel. Draco remembered again what just happened in the train and smirk crossed his face.

"We'll try it there, as well." He smirked even more, and Hermione turned red as tomato, realizing his inside joke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 822 50
The years have not been kind to either Hermione Granger or Draco Malfoy. With the war over and the dawning of a new age begins: both Granger and Malf...
49.8K 1.4K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...
8.5K 199 25
"It was my destiny to do it, and I couldn't. I couldn't do it, Hermione," Draco cried softly. "Draco, it was your choice not to. Don't worry, everyth...
85.3K 2.8K 33
Anger, revenge, and misery overtake Draco Malfoy ever since he is bitten and turned into a werewolf. After vowing to end the cruel and vicious Werewo...