Soft (Kleinsen)

By myCitrusCity

We all know the story by heart at this point. °Boy loves girl. °Girl's brother dies. °Boy gets with girl. But... More

"What Are You, An Acorn?"
Homework
Old Rusty Truck
"Moms, Am I Right?"
"Truth or Dare"
"I've Screwed Up With You"
"What did you tell them..?"
Sincerely, Me
No Requiem
"Don't Do It Ev"
"Yep, Thanks To Me"
"How Did You Know You Liked Guys?"
"So This Is How It Feels Like To Be Loved"
Graduation
Soft
Evan's Treehouse
Surprise
i love you..
🌿
An Old Friend
It's All Arranged
Bye
Four Years Later
"Am I A Bad Person?"
He's Gone
Jared's Email
This Felt Amazing
May I Have This Dance?
Epilogue

Sweet Sixteen

1K 42 142
By myCitrusCity

The song has absolutely nothing to do with the chapter, I just wanted more people to see it sksks-

Evan looked at himself in the mirror. "You look fine," he said to himself. "You'll be perfectly fi-," he was cut off by a loud horn.

He ran downstairs and wiped his sweaty hands on his pants before opening the door and then locking it.

He walked over to the rusty truck that stood outside his house. As he got in, he glanced at Jared.

Jared wore an obnoxious bright purple suit. He had taken off his glasses and most likely put on his contacts. But what really caught Evan's eyes was the wide genuine smile that he had on.

"You look pretty happy," muttered Evan. He buckled up and faced Jared who was already beginning to drive.

"Well," trailed the male, his eyes focused on the road. "There's two dancers who got sick and they were in need of quick replacement so I told Alana that we could replace them."

Evan was hesitant to answer. "What? I'm not dancing in front people, Jare!"

"Come on," he said, glancing at Evan. "It's just for one dance, they'll probably switch us out anyways because we suck that much."

Evan looked out the window with a terrified expression. Throughout the ride, he could only imagine all the things that could go wrong.

"We're here!" Announced Jared, cutting off the other's thoughts.

The boys stepped inside the building, loud music played and there were different colored lights that hurt Evan's head.

Evan stayed behind Jared most of the time. He didn't know any of the people who had come, the only person he recognized was Alana.

"No, no, no!" Yelled the girl as her eyes landed on Evan and Jared. "What are you wearing?" She shook her head, obviously panicked. "I cannot let you dance with those ridiculous clothes."

She looked around the room until she spotted a guy with a normal suite and mexican features. "You!" She practically sprinted over to him. "You're going to dance!"

Jared chuckled at the sight. "I guess you don't have to worry about anything, Acorn."

"Right," Nodded Evan. "Yeah."

They headed over to an empty table and sat down. It took them a while to process the wild decorations and choice of colors.

"This is ridiculous," said Jared as he shook his head. Now, Jared obviously didn't have the best taste but even he knew that the tablecloth looked like a five year old made it.

A few hours later, the room was full. The males had already begun to eat and make small talk. Alana was nowhere in sight and the music was making people deaf.

"Jared, Evan!" They heard as two female figures approached them. As they got closer, they realized it was their moms.

Jared was the first to greet them. "Hey, what took you so long?" He asked.

"I was just to helping Heidi dress up. You never know, she might find herself a man here," Jared's mother gave the other woman a wink.

Evan's eyebrows shot up but didn't question any of them. Instead he slowly stood up. "Do you want any drinks?" He asked, wanting to change the subject.

"Oh," gasped Heidi, a little surprised that Evan had spoken. "Sure, I'll take a Coke. You want anything?" She turned to Jared's mother with a smile.

"I'll take a Ginger," she said.

Evan began to walk towards a table with drinks when suddenly Jared appeared next to him.

"Hey," he grinned. His face was a deep shade of red and he seemed to fidget with the buttons on his shirt. "You don't mind if I help you?"

Evan took a while to respond. "Oh, no. I don't mind." They continued to quietly walk over by the table.

Once there, Evan took a red solo cup from a stack and began to pour in some coke while Jared poured in ginger into another.

"Full or half way?" Questioned Evan as he looked up at Jared. He had put down the bottle of pop after filling it halfway.

Jared glanced at the other's cup. "Full, just to be safe."

Nodding, he filled the cup and waited for Jared to finish. When he was done, they walked over to the table and gave their parents the drinks.

"Thanks boys," said Mrs. Kleinsen. "Why don't you go and have fun? Find yourselves some nice girls.. Or guys, I'm not judging."

With a nervous chuckle, Evan and Jared both walked away to a hallway where there were just kids running around and playing.

"Have you come out to your mom yet?" Asked Evan, breaking the silence.

Jared nodded, "Freshman year, but.. I think she forgot about it."

Evan cocked his head to look at Jared, a small smile forming on his face to what he had said. "Wow," he managed to say in a whisper. "That's really sad."

Jared laughed and nodded. "Yeah, it is." The quietness quickly settled in again. "Hey, wanna see something cool?"

"Sure," he responded. There was nothing else to do and he really didn't want to go back to his mom, only to get himself embarrassed with childhood stories.

Evan followed Jared to a dimly lit room. On a wall, there was a couch and other foldable chairs. In front of the seats was a small television. The rest of the room consistent of snacks, drinks and a variety of outfits.

"What is this?" Questioned Evan. "Where are we?"

"This is the changing room," he answered. "Don't worry, I got permission by Alana to be here in case of an emergency."

Evan nodded and walked over to all the hanging clothes. He rummaged through them quickly before saying a simple, "Cool."

Suddenly there was a creak and a click. Startled by the noise, Evan quickly turned around to look at the door and found that Jared had closed it.

"Jared?" He stepped back from where he was standing. "Why'd you close the door?"

"I love you," Bursted out the male with a blush on his face. "I love you so much. Words can't describe how much you make me so happy."

Evan was left in shock at the words that had slipped through Jared's mouth. "I.."

The color soon drained from Jared's face. He stood up straighter and gulped loudly. "Sorry." He began to walk closer to Evan with a cautious look. "I just needed to get that out. I just needed to let you know." His tone grew softer by the second.

"Hey, it's okay," smiled Evan. The words felt strange coming out of his mouth. He had never had words that would comfort someone come out of his mouth. It was usually other people trying to make him feel better.

Evan gave the other a soft smile. "Calm down.. I love you too."

Jared's face lit up with joy. "You? Love me.." He bit his lip as he looked at floor with a goofy smile.

The other male wore a dark blush at Jared's reaction. He had meant it, he really loved him. Even if he was a dick sometimes, he loved him.

Jared looked back at Evan and didn't fail to quickly smash his lips onto the other.

Evan was taken back at the sudden action. It took him a while to get used to the feeling of Jared's lips on his. He slowly moved his lips so it would be in sync with the other's.

They were at this for a while before Jared lead Evan took him to the couch and gently pushed on his shoulders, signaling him to sit down on the couch.

Confused, he did so. He took a moment to take in all of Jared's features. His dark, soft hair, his gorgeous eyes and his small smile. Just seeing Jared made Evan's stomach fill with butterflies and his cheeks flush with red.

Jared made his way onto Evan, pinning him to the couch. He gave the male a small peck on the lips before moving down to his jawline, leaving small kisses as he went, and then to his neck.

Evan felt himself panic but he trusted Jared. Jared would never cross his boundaries and besides, he was slowly getting into it.

Jared began to suck on the other's neck, gently biting the skin every now and then.

These actions caused Evan to bite his lip. He raised a hand to his mouth, muffling a soft moan that had almost escaped his lips.

This of course, only encouraged Jared. He took quick glances at the other. He loved melting into Evan's bright eyes.

Then there was a sudden creak as they saw the door open.

Jared backed away from Evan as quick as possible and Evan tried to adjust his now messy hair.

They awkwardly cleared their throats as they saw a bunch of teenagers enter the room.

"You're not supposed to be here," said a guy with dark skin and curly hair. "This is our changing room."

Everyone else seemed to ignore them as they grabbed similar outfits and went off to corners of the room to change.

"Sorry," Jared exclaimed as he lifted himself off the ground. "Alana told us we could hang out here as long we don't make a mess."

The guy hummed and nodded. "Fine, but I swear to god, if you do anything nasty on that couch, I will kill both of you."

The males nodded shyly. Jared's redness had already faded away into his natural skin color while Evan still looked like he had gotten a sunburn.

One by one, the dancers began to leave the room and hurry on outside.

"That was way to fucking close," mumbled Jared once they were all gone.

Evan only hummed in agreement. There was an uncomfortable silence between them.

"Something wrong?" Asked Jared as soon as he realized that Evan was looking anywhere but him and seemed to have been lost in his thoughts.

"I.." Evan shook his head and smiled. "No, nothing. But.." He harshly bit the inside of his lip, make himself wince. He felt embarrassed at what he was about to say. But, like Doctor Sherman says, reach out to your dreams.

And right now, Jared was his dreams.

"Can we do that again?"

The male was surprised at the question but he didn't hesitate to answer. "Of course."

~~~~~~~~

Wow, oh my gosh! A new chapter, what a miracle!

Sksks, hi, hello, sorry for the long wait but here it is!

Also, I've really been meaning to change the cover to something nicer and better to look at and I tried to make some:

Ksks, they look like a 10 year old made them-

Vote for your favorite, I guess??? Or if you're so much better at this kind of stuff and want to create the cover, please go ahead and send it to any of my social media's which are listed in my bio-

Anyways, thank you so much for reading.

My name is Eli and i appreciate your existence!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 657 30
💞COMPLETED 05/10/19💞 ---------------------------------------------------- y'all i wrote this book in fifth grade why is it still getting reads AU w...
128K 5K 22
What happens when a music theatre lover somehow gets transported into the world of her recent obsession, Dear Evan Hansen? **Main character is a...
77.7K 3.6K 30
Made in 2017 On a dreadful day Evan comes in contact with Connor many times. After Jared saves him from one of those times he's told to stay away but...
9.7K 334 34
It was standard procedure by now, just the way the world works. Everyone had a soulmate represented by a flower. Just one soulmate. That is unless yo...