PLAYING THE FENCE

By Bretaughtyou

When Ryann meets Ava - she's intrigued right away from the smooth woman who is more than just a mystery. From... More

Chapter 1 • Pretty Girl
Chapter 2 • You're up Ex
Chapter 3 • Classmates
Chapter 4 • Business Trips
Chapter 5 • Spring Break-Up
Chapter 6 • Letting go
Chapter 7 • Decisions
Chapter 8 • Stepping Up
Chapter 9 • New Money
Chapter 10 • Still Watching
Chapter 11 • Always Family
Chapter 12 • Commitments
Chapter 13 • Feelings in July
Chapter 14 • Over you
Chapter 15 • Moving On
Chapter 17 • New life
Chapter 18 • Fighting for Fame
Chapter 19 • The set up
Chapter 20 • Hpbd Kane
Chapter 21 • Playing Dirty
Chapter 22 • Payola
Chapter 23 • I don't belong to you
Chapter 24 • Checked out
Chapter 25 • Broken Hearts
Chapter 26 • New Journeys
Chapter 27 • Family ties
Chapter 28 • Resentment
Chapter 29 • Gone too far
Chapter 30 • Truth be told
Chapter 31 • All Falls Apart
Chapter 32 • Breaking down
Chapter 33 • Fight of your life
Chapter 34 • Playing the Field
Chapter 35 • Coming together
Chapter 36 • Always be mine
Chapter 37 • Welcome Home
Chapter 38 • Taking a chance
Chapter 39 • Last Days
Chapter 40 • Regrets
Chapter 41 • Coming Home
Chapter 42 • Times Up
Chapter 43 • No Love
Chapter 44 • Pretty Girl
Chapter 45 • Epiloge • More Life

Chapter 16 • Bossed Up

8.2K 515 260
By Bretaughtyou

"You look beautiful" Ryann smiled at her friend, as the makeup artist put the finishing touches on Naj's makeup. It was the day of the baby shower, and Naj was scheduled to make her arrival in the next half an hour.

The Ventura's went above and beyond for their youngest child's baby shower - renting out a huge venue that was decorated beautifully in their chosen colors of blue, silver and white.

Naj wore the all white and blue dress Ryann picked out, with a long sleek ponytail and her face beautifully done with silver glitter and a nude lip.

While she was already tired, she couldn't wait to see all of her family and friends at her baby shower.

It was now 4pm, and through Snapchat Naj could tell most of the guest had arrived and were just waiting on the mommy and daddy to be.

"Ya'll ready to go?" Kane asked, making his way into the room.

"Yeah, I'm starving" Naj complained, hopping down from the makeup chair.

Kane smiled at his girlfriend, admiring how graceful she looked. He didn't look too bad either, dressed in all white slacks and a button down along with all blue custom made Fendi sneakers.

"You look beautiful baby"

"Thank you, K"

The two shared a kiss, before Kane began to gather up her things so they could head out. Their driver was outside and he didn't want to miss anymore of their special event. They all gathered together in the truck and was on their way.

It wasn't long before the couple arrived to the venue. The place was more stunning in person, and Naj couldn't believe the event was for her. She never pictured herself having kids, at least not so early - but it seemed as if God had aligned things perfectly in her life.

Her little king would have more than he could ever ask for.

The couple greeted their close friends and family as they moved throughout the shower, making sure to Thank everyone for coming.

As for Ryann, she knew at any minute she would be running into Ava. The two hadn't seen each other in a few weeks and she had been kicking it with Santana since. They were only getting to know each other, but that was better than suffering alone, Ryann thought.

"Kane was such a mommas boy" Sonja laughed, as she glanced over to him across the table, "Chile, I couldn't even wipe my ass without sitting him on my lap".

Kane playfully rolled his eyes as the table chuckled. They all sat around sharing memories and talking about the arrival of baby Kane as they ate the catered soul food.

"I hope KJ is not like that" Naj half joked.

"My son gonna be a daddy's boy, he already kick only when I talk to him" Kane bragged.

Naj flagged her boyfriend, "boy bye"

As the table laughed and continued their conversation, no one witnessed Ava making her way over as she just arrived.

"Wassup everybody?" She greeted everyone.

Ryann looked up from her plate, and rolled her eyes at what stood before her.

Not only did Ava arrive, but she bought uninvited company - Ayanna.

She laughed underneath her breath, knowing she was desperate for attention. Kane just shook his head at his sister.

"Hey Vee darling" Sonja smiled uneasy, "hey... Ayanna".

"Are you fucking crazy?" Naj spat.

While everyone was being awkwardly polite, Naj wasn't having it. She didn't fuck with Ayanna, and she didn't give a damn how much of a "family" member she was - she wasn't her family. Ryann was.

"Babe, chill out" Kane said, knowing his sister was wrong.

It had been a few weeks and once Ryann hadn't reached out to Ava, she decided to do her.

Seeing Ryann sit there looking good enough to eat, she knew Ayanna didn't have a pinky toe on her. She thought she would at least get a rise out of her, however she just sat there unbothered as she dug away at her meal.

"It's ok" Ayanna assured Kane, "I understand this is awkward. But me and Ava are back together, and I honestly just wanted to bring a gift. No hard feelings, right Ryann?"

Ryann shrugged, "doesn't matter to me" she smiled.

Ava knew it was then time to exit the table. Naj was pissed, but decided to relax like her best friend instructed her.

LayLay, who was also at the table commended her friend. She didn't know if she had it in her to be that mature.

Shit, she probably would've fought both of them, putting an end to the beautiful shower. However Ryann was never the type to give people the benefit of the doubt, despite how she really felt.

Seeing Ava with Ayanna insured the fact that that's where she genuinely wanted to be - and Ryann was fine with that.

She couldn't lie and say she wasn't hurt - but she had bounced on Santana's dick enough in the past three weeks to heal the pain.

For the rest of the baby shower, Ryann made sure the focus was on Naj and Kane. The joined families and friends danced, played games and lastly watched as the couple opened their expensive gifts. Naj had never seen so many Gucci baby outfits.

From Cartier and more, their baby was going to be dripping in designer. She was gifted a designer crib, stroller, everything she could've asked for.

After cutting the cake, the caterers passed out the to-go containers and thank you bags to all of the guest.

Ryann knew Naj would be spending the night at Kane's and made a few plans on her own.

Santana had texted her while at the baby shower, and told her he would be pulling up to take her out afterwards.

After sending him her location, he let her know he would be there in twenty minutes.

"See you tomorrow baby, have a good night" Ryann said, kissing her best friend on the cheek.

"Okay, call me when you get in bitch. Love you"

"Love you more"

The friends hugged, and Ryann grabbed her to go platters and purse. The food was so good, she made herself and her new boo a plate to eat later.

Seeing Ryann make her way out of the venue, Ava trailed behind her slowly.

Ryann hadn't even noticed. Santana said he would be pulling up any minute, and she didn't want to keep him waiting.

"So that's it huh?" Ava startled her from behind.

Ryann turned around to see Ava standing behind her.

"Girl, please. Don't waste your time" she advised her.

"That's really fucked up Ryann, you got me out here looking stupid"

Ryann shrugged, "I'm not the one back with my ex, after what two weeks? Y'all two deserve each other"

"I'm not back with her" Ava confessed, "I've been waiting for you to come around and you ain't never reach out".

Just when Ryann went to respond, Santana pulled up to the curb in his all Black i8. He smiled at Ryann, not realizing she was in bit of an uncomfortable situation.

"Hop In, wit ya sexy ass" he cooed, not paying Ava any mind.

Ryann looked over her shoulder to Ava, and without any more words entered the car. Ava was pissed, to say the least.

As much as she wanted to be upset, she knew she couldn't. She had started this war between the two - just by stepping out and now giving Ryann the time to reveal her truth.

While she still wasn't sure if she knew the real truth about that night, she honestly didn't care anymore.

Her life hadn't been the same without Ryann and it had only been a few weeks since their breakup.

"Who was that?" Santana asked, pulling off.

Ryann shook her head, "nobody. So, where we going?"

Santana and Ryann entered through the Rouge lounge doors, her hand in his as he led her through the crowd, greeting everyone he knew.

Although the two were just friends who were fucking, to onlookers they were one hell of a good looking couple.

The bitches who lusted him in secret rolled their eyes in jealousy - Santana never came through showing off a female, so what made this one so different?

Whenever he wasn't handling business, Santana made sure he had Ryann on his arm. As they knew - them being together only strengthened the rumor of her cheating on Ava.

However Ryann didn't care, especially since Ava had backtracked.

"Yo boss, let me talk to you real quick" one of the hosts called over Santana.

Santana instructed Ryann to stay near the bar as he talked business. After handling it, he made his way back over to her.

"Damn, one of my performers canceled" Santana sighed, "nigga's beg you for a spot, and then don't show"

"Damn" Ryann replied, "Just push the next artist up"

"He not here yet and the show been going on for a hour already" Santana shook his head.

After thinking to himself for a second, a devious smile crossed his face.

"You" he pointed to Ryann.

Ryann threw her neck back, "what about me?"
"Perform ya track, the crowd would rock to that" he suggested.

Ryan laughed out loud. Sure, she listened to it on her own but she wasn't about to play herself on stage. Santana was adamant, he believed Ryann could do it if she put her mind to it.

Plus, he didn't want people to start getting restless. Her performance would keep them entertained up until the next performer showed.

"Do it for me" Santana pleaded, "C'mon... hard body".

Ryann rolled her eyes, "whatever"

She didn't know what she was getting herself into, but decided to do the favor for Santana.

She told herself he would owe her big time. After sending the DJ her track, he made sure she had a mic and ensured that she was comfortable.

That didn't matter, because the DJ didn't hesitate to call her to the stage. Ryann had to admit she felt silly, but she pushed through. After taking a swig of the drink Santana had given her, she felt the liquor almost hit her immediately.

"Young Ry, yeah ... I said you bitches can't fuck with a body like me,
Built like a Benz - you bitches all ride me,
Pop shit on the gram but never come find me,
Old bitch is grimy,
Put a Mac to her neck now shit getting slim-y"

The crowd bobbed their head to the beat, her raspy but cute voice making it sound even harder. After rapping through her verse, she had everyone singing along to the chorus.

"Boss up,
I said my old bitch did me dirty so I
Bossed up,
You hoes only worry about what the next bitch doing that's why y'all can't
Boss up,
Bitches try to run up but then get bawled up!
If you a fly ass bitch,
Tell these hoes to BOSS UP"

Ryann was killing it on stage, and the bitches if anything were feeling her.

Her track was a party song that had them shaking their ass and waving their fingers.
She was talking heavy, and that was all they needed to hear.

Not only did she have stage presence, she was interacting with the crowd and dancing to the beat - her fat ass and pretty face drawling more of an appeal. Santana could feel his dick get hard just by her rawness.

As for Ryann, she definitely felt the rush. She was surprised that the hoes that were side eyeing her when she entered the joint were now singing her lyrics with her, telling other bitches to boss up.

"See, I told you" Santana smiled, helping Ryann off the stage.

"So how much do I get paid for my performance?" She joked.

Palming her ass, Santana began to kiss her, "I can pay you in something aiight" he winked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 5.6K 42
Diamond had a fucked up childhood which turned her into a thug. She starts falling for a boy but he doesn't know how fucked up she is and neither doe...
124K 5K 36
"I've never done this before," She said, hands covering her exposed breast in the dark room. The only light that had been shining was coming from the...
3.3M 11.3K 4
Being your typical young and naïve teenager, Devyn "Poochie" Young seems to be oblivious to just how dangerous the world around her really is. Never...
22.7K 1.4K 46
WORKS #01 |Please note; these are works of fiction meaning all characters and events appearing in this story are made up. Any resemblance to real per...