Not The Beta's Mate | ✔

By dreammcatcher

"Let me take you out on one date," he speaks, his lips dangerously close to mine. "And then I can fuck you se... More

Author's Note & Characters
Chapter One - Crush
Chapter Two - Memory Lane
Chapter Three - Lusting After You
Chapter Four - Flamin' Cheeks
Chapter Five - Shameless Thoughts
Chapter Six - Oops I Fell
Chapter Seven - Cheap Thrills
Chapter Eight - Get Up, Get Over It
Chapter Nine - I'm Having A Moment
Chapter Ten - I Don't Know Him
Chapter Eleven - Stop Turning Me On
Chapter Twelve - Not Strong Enough
Chapter Thirteen - The Secret's Out
Chapter Fifteen - I Need You
Chapter Sixteen - She's In Labour
Chapter Seventeen - Welcome To The World
Chapter Eighteen - I Don't Do Fancy
Chapter Nineteen - An Eventful Bumpy Ride
Chapter Twenty - You're Safe With Me
Chapter Twenty One - Pizza & Feelings
Chapter Twenty Two - Shaken Up
Chapter Twenty Three - Sexual Rewards
Chapter Twenty Four - Kayleigh, I'm A Werewolf
Chapter Twenty Five - Never Settle
Chapter Twenty Six - Be My Boyfriend?
Chapter Twenty Seven - The Unexpected Visitor
Chapter Twenty Eight - Don't Touch What's Mine
Chapter Twenty Nine - I Hate You
Chapter Thirty - I Can't Do This Anymore
Chapter Thirty One - Love Me
Chapter Thirty Two - I Like It Rough
Chapter Thirty Three - Birthday Surprises
Chapter Thirty Four - She's Here
Chapter Thirty Five - Dirty Liar
Chapter Thirty Six - I'll Wait Forever
Chapter Thirty Seven - Drunken Mistakes
Chapter Thirty Eight - Known Strangers
Chapter Thirty Nine - I Am Broody
Chapter Forty - Coffee and Care
Chapter Forty One - Graduation Kisses
Chapter Forty Two - Sexual Tension
Chapter Forty Three - Soulmates
Epilogue
Exclusive Chapters
Spin Off - Evan's Story
New Steamy Erotic Werewolf Book

Chapter Fourteen - I Got Butterflies

81.5K 3.6K 1.3K
By dreammcatcher

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

Your lips feel so good on mine.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

"WELCOME TO MCDONALD's, what would you like to order?"

Kayden leans out of his car window into the loud speaker. "Hi, can I get two Big Mac meals one with a coke and one with a Fanta and a 20
box of chicken nuggets please."

"Yep, anything else?" The woman behind the wall speaks.

Kayden turns to me for a split second. "Should we get McFlurries?" He asks while nodding.

I don't even have time to respond. My mouth is left gaping open. "And two galaxy McFlurries please."

The thought of food really was making my stomach rumble.

"Yep, please drive to the next window."

"Thanks," Kayden shouts as he drives on.

I hand out some money to him. "Here," I say softly.

Kayden's eyes look down at my money and he pushes my hand away. "It's okay, I got it."

I frown slightly. "No really, let me pay."

His eye brows pull down and he raises his elbow onto the side of his window. "Like I'm going to let you pay." He sends me a laugh before turning out the window.

"Hi," A woman at the next window smiles. "That'll be $25.72 please."

Kayden hands over the money and he waits patiently for his change. "Thanks," he nods to the girl before driving on.

"You really didn't have to do that," I say sincerely.

His brown eyes smile at me. "I wanted to Kayleigh, just let me do this one thing."

Letting out a huff, I give him a curt nod. "Thank you," I say in which he smiles.

We collect our food and drive down the road. Kayden parks on top of a hill that looks over the city. It was a breathtaking view. Kayden pops his car door open and takes the food from my hands, leaving me with the drinks.

He taps the hood of his car, instructing me to sit. I quirk an eyebrow. "I'm allowed to sit on your car?"

He shrugs and sits on it. "You're worth it," He says before beaming at me.

I can't help but watch his beautiful face, my heart clenches.

"Come," he says motioning his head towards the spot next to him. Carefully making my way onto his car I hand him the drinks and he thanks me.

He digs through the bag and opens the box of nuggets, handing it out to me first. I smile at him. "How did you know I like chicken nuggets?" I say as I help myself.

"Who doesn't love chicken nuggets?" he almost scoffs at my stupidity.

He had a point. "Did you get sauce?" I question as I dig through the paper bag.

Kayden hums as he stuffs his face with a nugget. "Barbecue and curry sauce," he says muffled.

I grin. "Thank God," I breathe out and hold out my hand in which he happily high fives me.

We sit and eat in silence for a few moments. The food was too good to talk. I was trying to eat as many nuggets as I could, they were way too yummy.

I take my Fanta and sip from the paper straw. "You know you can talk to me about things, don't you?" Kayden's voice startled me slightly.

Turning my attention to him and watching his meaningful eyes. Nodding towards him. "Of course," I say letting the straw rest between my lips.

I try not to notice how his eyes flick down to my lips and I move to hold the straw between my teeth.

"Because what you told me today took a lot of courage and I never want you to think you can't talk to me about things again," his voice is full of honesty and I smile at him.

"I know Kayden, thank you." He holds my stare as I speak.

I shrug as I look down to his black hood. "I guess I just get really ashamed when I think about what I did. Like people are dying all around the world all the time and I tried to—" I let out an uncomfortable sigh. "I was stupid." I rephrase.

Kayden takes my fingers between his. "We don't have to talk about this now you know Kay? If you don't want to."

I can't help the shiver that goes up my spine when he touches me, only ever so slightly. I purse my lips for a second. "I guess it's good to actually get this stuff off my chest," I take another sip of my drink. "I've kept a lot of stuff bottled up and the only person who really knows about it is my friend, Evie."

His warm hand squeezes mine. "Never keep things bottled up, okay?"

I finally look back up to his serious eyes. I nod under his intense stare. "Okay,"

The corners of my lips twitch up as I watch him. "Even you treated me better than him and you're not even anywhere near being my boyfriend."

"It's not hard to treat someone with respect, you deserve someone a million times better." Kayden says and he picks up his Coke to drink.

"Thank you," I say gratefully.

Kayden's fingers slip from mine and I wish he didn't let go. My eyes dart to where they once were and mentally sulk that he isn't touching me.

"Besides I bet he was nowhere near as good in bed as I am," a glint of amusement sparks in his eyes.

I look up at him and push his shoulder letting it fall back slightly. He knew how to make me smile and what sense of humour I had. The smallest smirk makes its way onto my lips.

He grins as he watches me smile. "I'm joking," he adds

"You are," I say which catches him by surprise. "If you really wanted to know."

He nods at me before taking a sip of his drink. "Interesting,"

Then I find myself subject to a severe case of word vomit. I've been extremely honest today so why stop here?

"When we sleep together, it's different." I reach into the McDonald's bag to get a few fries.

"What do you mean?" He questions, his brows furrow. He follows my actions and helps himself to more fries.

"You care about my pleasure just as much as your own," I can feel my cheeks begin to redden just talking about this.

Kayden let's out a brief laugh. "Well of course I do, that's what sex is about."

Letting out a deep sigh. "Yeah well he didn't, would barely do any foreplay. Sex would always be about him and how he liked it. I just went along with it because—well I was stupid of course."

"I don't know how he would never want to make you come and watch you orgasm. It's truly something." Kayden states which makes my whole body go up in flames.

Does he never feel embarrassed saying this stuff? I pull my knees up to my chest and hug them slightly.

"All I wanted was to sit on his face like one damn time and he kicked the fuck off saying that it was long." I say as I roll my eyes and place six fries into my mouth. "Said sex and relationships are about the mans pleasure."

Kayden looks at me and smiles.

"What?" I question, worry springs into my body like I've been too personal.

He takes my cup from my hand. "You can sit on my face anytime," he replies causally before sipping on my straw.

I can't help but watch his perfectly plump lips. His eyes then hold my stare, God I couldn't deal with his. I let out a nervous laugh because I know he was being deadly serious. Man, I am so awkward.

Clearing my throat I grab my McFlurry and begin to devour the creamy deliciousness.

"How are things?" I question changing the subject.

"Good," he nods as he places down my drink next to his leg. He shifts his knee forward so it touches my ankle.

I pause for a second as he touches me and I can't get over how much it made my heart race.

"The house has been a little stressful, Ava is sure she's gonna give birth at like any given minute."

"That's exciting," I smile at him.

"Yeah everyone's popping out babies," he nods and leans back on his hand.

"How come your parents or Jaxon's parents don't live at the house?" I find myself asking.

Kayden scratches the back of my head and looks away from my stare for a few moments. "Jaxon's parents moved away for work and they gave the house to him." He clears his throat. "My parents live in Michigan just not with us."

My eyes squint slightly. "Oh, so you're not actually adopted like Jaxon said?" I asked feeling confused.

He smirks. "No, I just think he wanted to mess with Ava's ex."

I snort. "Smart,"

Demolishing the rest of my McFlurry, I find myself resting my head onto Kayden's shoulder. I was way too comfortable with him and it scared me. But I wanted to give myself a chance to put my trust in him and that maybe boys aren't as bad as I've made out.

His hand finds mine again and I'm glad he can't see my face because I'm smiling like a silly woman.

He intertwines our fingers and holds me tightly. Looking out to the view in front of us, the sun was just about setting behind me and it was beautiful. Peaceful.

This is the perfect place to get away and think.
L Kayden's thumb runs over the back of my hand and I turn my head to look at him.

Our noses are extremely close. It was golden hour and the sun was highlighting the whole of Kayden's face. His brown eyes were sparkling in the light, like they had gold flakes inside. They were mesmerising.

His lips twitch into a smile. "What?" He questions.

I smile down to his lips then back up to his capturing eyes. "I just think you're gorgeous," I admit.

Then he breaks out into the most breathtaking grin. He proves me completely right, I just couldn't take my eyes off him.

His hand come up to cup the side of my cheek and he brings my face closer to his. A smile is still on his face, my heart feels like it's about to explode.

Kayden's soft lips brush over mine ever so slightly. He doesn't kiss me, he teases me. I can't breathe or function right now.

Then his eyes trail down from my eyes to my lips. "Kayden—" I breathe out quietly. I was nervous, I was so God damn nervous.

His other warm hand is placed on my face and he presses his lips to mine with full force.

It's slow and it's sweet. Butterflies erupt in my stomach.

My hands fumble their way to his top and I grip the light fabric trying to somehow pull him closer. His tongue slips into my mouth and I have to suppress the urge to moan.

Kissing Kayden was everything and more. He caresses my lips gently and passionately with every kiss, his tongue brushing mine ever so slightly.

Teeth grazing my bottom lip, he nips gently and I can't ignore how it makes my insides tingle. We break away and Kayden keeps his lips almost on mine still.

Our breathing is all that can be heard. I almost can't look at him I'm so embarrassed by how nervous I am. Kayden tilts my chin up to his eyesight. "Your heart is beating crazily fast." He comments.

I force an awkward smile.

"You're more nervous to kiss me than you are to have sex?" He questions as he tilts his head, his thumb running circles behind my ear.

I purse my lips and nod.

Kayden grins. "God, you're so fucking cute." He says quietly down onto my lips.

His lips find mine again and he knocks all the air out of my lungs. One of his hands drops from my face and grips my jumper on my lower back, pressing my chest up against his.

This time I kiss him harder and claim his bottom lip. He groans into my mouth and tightens his grip on me. I couldn't catch my breath, my head was spinning

I probably tasted like ice cream and chicken nuggets but I didn't care because Kayden was kissing me like he needed air. Forcing myself to pull away to breathe, otherwise I'll be going into cardiac arrest.

"I thought you said we were going to be friends?" I say as I catch my breath.

Kayden laces his fingers into my hair and smiles down at me. "And you agreed."

I find myself biting down on my lip. Kayden pulls back for a second like he's deep in thought. He doesn't speak for a few moments, his eyes pushed down into a deep frown.

"What's wrong?" I question.

He snaps out of his trance and shakes his head at me. "Nothing," he says instantly. "Let's get you home, hmm?"

I nod at his words and slide off the hood of his car. My feet hit the floor and I begin to walk to the passenger side of the door.

"Kay," Kayden's voice is soft as I turn around.

He jumps off too and slowly walks around to me. His fingers grip the edge of my jumper and pulls me into him.

His strong arms securing around my body. My head buried into his chest and I can't help but inhale his smell, it was mouth watering. Kayden's hand cups the back of my head and pulls away to look at me.

"Thank you for this," I say before blinking a few times up to him. "For caring about what I have to say."

"I'll always care about what you have to say."

And just like that my heart was turned into mush.

Hey huns! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I literally loved it😭

They kissed and they're so cute. They literally make me want to smash my head into my keyboard!

Again if you read the authors note above don't forget to vote for Alpha Jaxon's Second Chance in the FictionAwards. You can vote for more than one book in each category but can only vote for a book once in each category!

Also I've included lots of pictures of Kayden before so am gonna include Kayleigh now❤️

Love you guys to the moon and back, Savanna x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 83.9K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
470K 13.4K 49
Mature: 18+ He kisses along her neck, between her breasts, and down her stomach. "You look beautiful like this. Your tight, pink p***y stretched arou...
1.5K 24 27
"He dropped his hand after a moment and started walking toward the door, 'As much as I love you, I'm having a really hard time finding that emotion r...
289K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...