The Unbearable Pressure

By glowwingup

a new album, a new tour, new songwriters new revival and a new baby, all while being in school. who can juggl... More

Separate For a While
New News
Get Them Some
Secrets out
Surprise
Break Up
Part 8
Technical Issues
Truths End?
Proposal/Truths Out
Welcome New Life

Surprise

2 0 0
By glowwingup

the first day of classes is today.

the first day of classes without luke once again today.

I sighed at the thought of this and aniya immediately recognized the sound. "I know, I don't like it either, but they'll be here sooner than later at this point," she said putting on her jewelry. I looked at her then back at the mirror.

"The good thing about today is my first class is a music recording and I'm not taking a math course this semester at all,"

"you're lucky," she said standing up. "you ready to grab some food."

"yea comes on," I grabbed my bag then we headed out. luckily being on the second floor we were on the lobby floor as well. so there was no going up or down the stairs. just out the door as quick as possible. as much as I missed the school and its environment the one thing I didn't miss was this hill. I never understood why the actual school is on a hill and the dorms and gym are at the bottom of the hill, but we eventually made it up and went straight to the cafeteria to get food. 

however, it seems like everyone wanted to get their food at the same time and we got stuck in the back of a long line. "ahh shit, we gonna be late for class," aniya complained. I sighed and looked forward. I was so hungry.

"let's focus on the bright side," I said attempting to lift her spirits. "I haven't felt nauseous all morning," I smiled.

she gave out a smile that I knew was fake, "it's still early."

"you're a buzzkill you know that," I said dropping my smile. 

aniya was going to respond but this random girl jumped in before anything was said, "hey your Vanessa right?" she asked with a smile. aniya and I both look at each other then I responded.

"uhm yea I am, you?"

"im gabby," she responded with a smile then looked at aniya. "aniya?"

"uh-huh, that's me."

gabby looked in front of her then turned back to us, "if you guys want you can cut me and my friends."

aniya and I looked in front of her seeing 3 other girls look at us smiling and waving. "are you sure?" I asked confused.

"yea we don't have class until later," Gabby moved out the way with her 3 other friends following.

"thanks cause we would have been late," aniya said pulling me along with her to the front of the group and ordered our usual breakfast. it was quiet for a bit up till we got asked our first of many questions throughout the day.

"so uhm Vanessa, aniya?" one of the girls grabbed our attention. "by any chance do you know when...the band is coming back?" she asked shyly.

I looked at aniya smiling, "of fucking course," she mouthed rolling her eyes. then I turned back to the girl.

"Currently we are un-"

"oh Debbie didn't you hear?" the girl behind her cut me off, but caught mines and aniyas attention. "they came back last night."

the girl gasped with excitement, "they did??" she asked with a huge smile.

"they did?" aniya and I asked confused. I turned back to aniya to see my food ready.

"did you know?" I asked grabbing my food as she grabbed hers.

"no you?" she responded and I took out my phone.

"no, nor did I get any texts from them," I put my phone away and went over to make some coffee.

"no coffee," she said stopping me. "you know you can't have any coffee while you like that."

"I can have decaf thoo," I said picking up a cup smiling. she walked next to me with a  grin.

"you believe those girls?"

"I don't know, I mean they would have told us that they were back," I said confidently but was a little bit worried. I don't believe that they're here because they would have told us. if they were here, why aren't they making it known to us but other people?

"Should we call them?"

"no," I picked up my food and walked over to the cashier. "we wait, they know how we roll, it's up to them if they want to continue doing it their way and not ours"

"a little bit harsh don't you think?" she said as two guys walked up to us.

"ladies," one of them smiled. "can we pay?" he then pulled out some money. 

"no you cannot," we saw Ashton come from behind the guys smiling, he winked at us then faced the guys again. "why you still here? goodbye."

the two guys looked at each other then walked away. Ashton turned back to us and just stood there and grinned. "no hug?"

"they were right," aniya said looking at Ashton. 

"can you believe it?" I walked past him to pay for my food but he stopped me.

"im paying," he whispered. then pulled out two twenties for our food. "also," he spoke louder. "you aren't supposed to be drinking coffee."

"you aren't supposed to avoid us," I looked at him and smiled. 

"We aren't avoiding you, come to our room so we can explain. that's why im here," he said starting to walk out and we quickly followed.

"uhm no," aniya said catching up. "we have class and so do you four."

"We...aren't going to class today," he announced slowing down.

"what? yes, you are and it starts in like 30 minutes."

"We got back really late last night, and im sure luke and Michael is still sleeping, Calum and I just woke up." he apologetically expressed to us. aniya and I looked at each other. 

"look ash after class we'll come and find you,"

"cant we go now?" aniya asked. "come on I miss Michael and I know you miss luke," she claimed to cause me to smile. she was right I couldn't deny it. I took a breath and looked down the hall.

"fine" I finally declared. "we'll skip class today but tomorrow all 6 of us are going."

"yes! yes that great," aniya exclaimed excitedly. "lead the way, Ashton." 

"Follow me," he said as he walked out of the building. walking past some people it was normal at this point for people to stop Ashton and talk to him, but once we had to stop for like the fourth time just from the school back to the dorms, aniya and I started getting impatient.

"okay look were not doing this," aniya vocalized for everyone to hear. "we know you love him, honestly it's a bit weird once you truly get to know him like Vanessa and I do," she started saying to the girls. "goodbye!" she declared then pulled Ashton into the dorms finally. 

"damn a bit harsh don't you think?" I teased her catching up to him.

"oh hush, it's annoying."

"I know but-"

"but nothing Ashton," she cut him off getting upset. "4 girls let us skip them in line just to ask questions about you."

"well now you see how I felt about last year," I said following Ashton downstairs. 

"no this is different Vanessa, girls want to be our friends, last year girls were avoiding us. guys wanting to pay for our stuff?"

"it's probably because people are seeing how close we are, Vanessa is pregnant for god's sake." Ashton said stopping in front of his door. "welcome to our life," he winked then opened the door to an empty room.

"huh," I said walking in the door. " was kinda hoping for an excited Calum."

"he's probably in the shower, go check on your boyfriends, im tired," he expressed kicking us out.

"wow the first day back and we're getting kicked out," aniya teased as we walking out.

"love you too," he teased back. I closed the door and went next door to announce our arrival for the boys, but no answer.

"try knocking again," aniya suggested. so I did 3 times but aniya decided to add a kick. 

now we're standing here kicking the door until one of them opened. "alright fucking stop!" Michael angrily yelled from the other side.

"you know I just realized it isn't a good idea to disrupt his sleep."

"yea probably wasn't a good idea," I said frowning.

"What?!" he shouted opening the door but his face relaxed when he noticed it was us. 

"Sorry Mikey, we forgot-" he cut off aniya speaking with a hug.

"Vanessa," I heard luke call for me from inside the room. I spiked up when I heard his voice and rushed inside to hug him. "oh my god I missed you," he claimed to kiss me. 

"I miss you too," I said from his hug. "how come you guys didn't tell us you were back?"

"We got back late last night and just fell asleep,"

"you guys didn't text nor call all day yesterday though," aniya jumped in saying.

"We were in the studio all day yesterday, getting ready for today," Michael said to their defense.

"that explains why your skipping class today," I said turning from luke. "in that case aniya mind if luke and I have the room today?"

"are you guys sharing rooms?"

"We are true," aniya responded. "ill stay here with Michael then."

"yay," he whispered. 

"Vanessa im really tired," luke said grabbing his phone.

"Then come sleep in our room, I gotta finish unpacking anyway," I said holding his hand. He sighed and looked at me smiling.

"Okay," he stood up and started walking out.

"I'll unpack for you as well," I told aniya walking out, catching up with luke. I made sure nobody was around us so I could tell his career with him.
"How's the music going?" I whispered in his ear as we waited for the elevator.

"It's going," he whispered back looking at me. "We gotta come up with at least 3 more songs by may so we could release the album by June."

"3 more songs within 4 months, recorded and produced?"

"Yep, which means trips to a studio close by so that can happen and no sleep," he started to mumble but clearly. I rubbed my hand through his hair and he pulled me into a kiss.

"Luke! Hey!" I heard Ashley pop up. She was getting off the elevator. Luke and I stopped kissing then moved on to the elevator. "I was just coming to check on you guys." She said with a smile.

"For what?" He asked confused.

"Oh Ashley is now an RA, but for the 3rd floor," I told him looking at Ashely. "So no need to check on somebody on the 1st floor."

Ashely stayed in the elevator and followed us up the lobby floor. "I'm an RA," she claimed again. "I can check on anyone on any floor."

"Okay?" Luke said holding my hand and walking off the elevator. I lead him to my room leaving Ashley in front of the security desk. "Is she still bothering you?" He asked curiously.

"No, but other girls are," I said leading him into my room and he almost immediately got in my bed. I put my food on my desk and noticed that his arms were open.

"Come lay with me." He suggested. I grinned and slipped my shoes off getting in bed with him. "Now what do you mean other girls are messing with you?"

"Well not like in a bad way- some girls here are trying to be me and aniya' s friend all of a sudden."

"Whys that?"

"Because of you and the others."

"Because of 5sos, I get it, Vanessa. You and aniya are dating 2 famous guys, you're carrying my baby," he mentioned placing a hand on my stomach. "Girls is going to try and become friends with you." Before anything else was said luke had gotten a phone call. "It's Calum," he answered the phone putting it on speaker. "Speak up Hood."

"The dean wants to speak to us, so come to the main building with Vanessa."

"Shit, for what??" I asked annoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2K 83
School is in session and Jojo and Lily are back along with 'Lasha, Jacob, CJ and Brianna!
178K 4K 21
Exchange student, (Y/N), lets the stress of Uni get to her. As home sickness kicks in as well as finals approaching, what happens when a stranger co...
3.3K 250 19
This story follows Mark and Jack up through each grade and beyond. **Note: I do not support Septiplier anymore, and do not write about it anymore eit...
4.8K 88 22
you weren't that special in your own opinion, you were fairly normal. however these new kids who transfer to your school seem different from the rest...