The Epic From Her Eyes- Mahab...

By TheCryingSoul

Meet Amrit, a 19 year old Indian girl who went to the age of Mahabharata. But what will happen if the way she... More

Disclaimer
Meet Amrit
The Gift
The Choice
The Kala Pradarshan
A New Family
Going To Dwarka
Kanha and His Smile
Lakshagriha
The Best Friend
Panchali's Svayamvar
The Dead
The Bird's Eye
In Indraprasth
Rules Of Panchali
Familiarity
Destiny
Padmavan
The Boon
A New Friendship
Return To ......
Wedding?
War
Reminder
Planning Of Svayamvar
The Pooja
Rituals and Hint
Phobia Of Kids
Svayamvar: Part 1
Svayamvar: Part 2
The Consequences
Marriage
Love
It Was Never Easy
Finally!
Panchali's Wrath
Laksh
Trust?
Wait
Truth Revealed
Love?
I Quit
The Return
Him
Preparation
Sprain
The End?

The Younger Sister

3.1K 100 25
By TheCryingSoul

Amrit's POV

A milkmaid entered the room. Her face looked as if she have cried a lot.

On seeing her, a short smirk appeared on my face for a split second and then my expression again turned to a serious one.

Yes that woman was who you are thinking about right now.

"Who are you? And why did you wanted to see me?" Panchali asked while she tried to sound normal.

"Maharani, I am a simple Yadavi and am in big problem." Subu said as she sat on ground in front of Panchali.

"What happened?" Panchali asked slowly.

Panchali was careful to not let her be aware of her emotional state. She made her sat beside her on the bed.

"Maharani, I was in deep love with a man. Even he loved me back and we after some incidents got married. But..." Subu sobbed a bit in between her saying.

Subu,
You possess perfect acting skills.
Now you are my competition for my so called Oscar Award.

"But what, dear? You can share your feelings with me without any hesitation." Panchali spoke up. Her sisterly feeling coming out from her.

She is the prefect elder sister...

Wait no,
Elder sisters are never perfect,
At least for the younger ones.
That's what my personal experience says.

"But he was already married. And his first wife will never accept me and will be very angry on him. He can't betray her as he loves and respects her a lot. I just don't know what to do." Subu said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Ssh. Don't cry. I promise you I will talk to his first wife and will try to make her understand how much your husband loves and needs both of you. I am sure she will definitely understand. Ok?" Panchali assured her while wiping her tears.

"Thank you so much, Maharani" Subu said joining her hands. "Can you ask you one more thing?"

"Yeah" Panchali said with a small smile.

"I don't have anyone here to call my family but you, maharani, you made me felt that I have an elder sister in you. Can I...." Subu said in shyness not being able to complete her sentence.

"From now on, you are my younger sister. You can come here and meet me anytime you want. What's your name, dear?" Panchali asked innocently.

No..
No...
No....

Suddenly her little son entered the room.

"Maa" He said as he finally saw her "I have been searching for you everywhere."

He ran to her and hugged her tightly.

"You are back from your training, son?" Panchali asked as she hugged him back.

"I got a day off" He said excitedly.

Grabbing the opportunity, Subu left.

"You are really strong, Panchali." I whispered as Subu left.

"I am a Maharani too Ammu. My feelings can not come as an obstacle for my duty." She said while wiping her tears.

I should leave them to have some personal mother- son moments.

Sons of Pandavas are too cute.

I walked in the corridors searching for Subu.

Has she left already?

I wanted to tell her that she is an excellent actor...
And is hurting my ego of acting.

Next day,
I and Panchali were in her room talking about different stuffs.

She is trying really hard to avoid to talk about anything related to Arjun and Subu.

Panchali, you are really strong and this world at every moment is trying to test the limits of your strength.

But, I know, you will pass every test.

Suddenly, a maid entered.

"Maharani, Gandhivdhari Arjun is arriving in the castle with his new wife." She said while bowing to us.

I gestured her to go as I saw Panchali's expression changing.

"Can he just not respect my only rules? Why?" Panchali murmured to herself and started walking outside.

Wait, wait, wait!
Panchali.

I followed her not knowing what she would do.

Her eyes had some emotions which feared me, maybe they were of anger, or of sadness.

We both walked to the castle entrance. The four Pandavas were standing there already. Happiness and tension both were seen in all their eyes.

Subu and Arjun were standing while facing us. Subu's face was hidden by her ghunghat.

Arjun's expression was turned into shock on seeing me and then into a bit of guilt on seeing Panchali.

She walked to Arjun with anger in her eyes.

"Pranam Arya, it's so good to see you after such a long time and too to see you breaking my rule" She said with a smirk.

"Panchali listen. Let me explain" Arjun tried to speak.

"What is left to explain, Arya? The only thing I asked from all my husbands was that you won't bring your other wives to Indraprasth. When all your other brothers could follow that then why not you? Was that too much to ask?" Panchali let her anger go out on Arjun. She barely was able to control her tears from not coming out of her eyes.

"You broke the rule, but I won't. Neither you nor your new wife is allowed to enter this castle." Panchali said while turning her back to them. She quickly wiped her tears. She started going.

"But..." Arjun was about to say something but Subu gestured him to stop.

"Wait, Maharani" Subu finally spoke.

Draupadi's POV

Wait,
Isn't this that Yadavi's voice?
Yes I am sure it's her.

I slowly turned to have a better look of her.

"I thought a queen never breaks her promise. You promised me that you will make my husband's first wife understand that he loves and needs both of his wives to live happily. Won't you keep that promise, Jiji?" She said as she lifted her ghunghat to show her face to me.

I don't know why but her voice calmed me down a bit. My expression softened.

I had met her before. But in these few years, her appearance had changed, in a good way.

Her face was similar to Sakha's. The eyes had the same naughtiness in them.

How could I not identify her first?

She walked to me and joined her hands with tears in her eyes.

I had already considered her, i.e., the Yadavi as my younger sister.

And seeing tears in her eyes is breaking my heart apart.

"Please forgive my Arya for breaking your rule." She pleaded.

She is Sakha's sister.
How can I not accept her request?
I have considered her as my sister,
But sharing my husband with her?
I just don't know.

"And if possible, please accept me too. Not as a Sautan (co wife) but as a younger sister." She said as tears rolled down her eyes.

I didn't had control on myself. I wiped her tears and mine too.

I looked at Arya Arjun. Guilt was still on his face.

"I forgive you, Arya" I said softly and turned to Subhadra."I forgive you too"

I turned making eye contacts with all the four Aryas and with Amrit.
She had a smile on her face. I walked towards my room.

Wait, Amrit was in Dwarka before she came. That means she knew about all these.

To Be Continued

Author's Note-

Sorry for so much delay in this chapter. I hope you will like it.

And I have written a too much drama which I realised after completing this chapter.

Next chapter will have a new entry, someone who will teach our Amrit what love is.

And ya remember, my story is not exactly based on the original mahabharat and some parts are fictional and some are taken from folktales.

Do read my other books. I have made an list of the books of the ongoing books and upcoming books and have written description there so that you can see which book is suitable for you to read.

Thanks for 6K+ reads. I have never thought my story can do so well.

Instagram Id- _the_crying_soul

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 4.3K 63
Updates on every Monday or Tuesday Ever wonder what would it be like if pandavas had a sister (well I did). So here's a fiction about the journey of...
3.7K 161 10
Time traveling has always been a fascination for everyone. Although scientists are trying to figure out if time traveling is possible or not, yet not...
11K 96 2
The Epic turns.... The Mahakavya is perplexed like a net either it's people or politics "Choose wisely life gives us choices and you have to make t...
15.3K 800 25
21st century girl is going to time travel to duwara yug where betrayal, humiliation, love, loyal and war were taken place. How is she going to react...