Not The Beta's Mate | ✔

By dreammcatcher

"Let me take you out on one date," he speaks, his lips dangerously close to mine. "And then I can fuck you se... More

Author's Note & Characters
Chapter One - Crush
Chapter Two - Memory Lane
Chapter Three - Lusting After You
Chapter Four - Flamin' Cheeks
Chapter Five - Shameless Thoughts
Chapter Six - Oops I Fell
Chapter Seven - Cheap Thrills
Chapter Eight - Get Up, Get Over It
Chapter Nine - I'm Having A Moment
Chapter Eleven - Stop Turning Me On
Chapter Twelve - Not Strong Enough
Chapter Thirteen - The Secret's Out
Chapter Fourteen - I Got Butterflies
Chapter Fifteen - I Need You
Chapter Sixteen - She's In Labour
Chapter Seventeen - Welcome To The World
Chapter Eighteen - I Don't Do Fancy
Chapter Nineteen - An Eventful Bumpy Ride
Chapter Twenty - You're Safe With Me
Chapter Twenty One - Pizza & Feelings
Chapter Twenty Two - Shaken Up
Chapter Twenty Three - Sexual Rewards
Chapter Twenty Four - Kayleigh, I'm A Werewolf
Chapter Twenty Five - Never Settle
Chapter Twenty Six - Be My Boyfriend?
Chapter Twenty Seven - The Unexpected Visitor
Chapter Twenty Eight - Don't Touch What's Mine
Chapter Twenty Nine - I Hate You
Chapter Thirty - I Can't Do This Anymore
Chapter Thirty One - Love Me
Chapter Thirty Two - I Like It Rough
Chapter Thirty Three - Birthday Surprises
Chapter Thirty Four - She's Here
Chapter Thirty Five - Dirty Liar
Chapter Thirty Six - I'll Wait Forever
Chapter Thirty Seven - Drunken Mistakes
Chapter Thirty Eight - Known Strangers
Chapter Thirty Nine - I Am Broody
Chapter Forty - Coffee and Care
Chapter Forty One - Graduation Kisses
Chapter Forty Two - Sexual Tension
Chapter Forty Three - Soulmates
Epilogue
Exclusive Chapters
Spin Off - Evan's Story
New Steamy Erotic Werewolf Book

Chapter Ten - I Don't Know Him

77.5K 3.4K 982
By dreammcatcher

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

I lie because I can't face the truth.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

I FRANTICALLY BRUSH through my blonde hair whilst I stare at myself in the mirror. I had got way too carried away with studying, the time had completely slipped by me.

Kayden was going to be here any second. I repeat, any second.

I throw my belongings around the room in attempt to make it look somewhat tidy. I can never keep my room clean for longer than five seconds. It is beyond frustrating.

Throwing on some ripped mom jeans and an oversized black top that I tuck into the hem. Grabbing the nearest perfume I can find, I spritz the fruity fragrance all over me.

Then I rush over to my window to open it, I didn't want him to think he had walked in to the perfume shop. Just as I lean over my bed to push open my window, I hear a sturdy knock at my door.

My head instantly snaps to the sound and I stand away from my bed.  I could feel my heart beat in my throat.

Taking in a deep breathe. "Calm yourself," I whisper as I walk towards the door.

My fingers graze the handle, swinging the door open. The first thing that I always notice about him is that Goddamn gorgeous smile. It was blinding. His teeth perfectly white and straight.

And those fucking dimples. I will never get bored of seeing them.

"Hi," he breathes out. His bright grin doesn't leave his face once as his eyes settle on mine.

"Hi," I say eventually. I have to squeeze my hand into a fist, I was so nervous my body began to shake.

Why was I so nervous?

We have had sex.

He has seen me naked.

And I'm nervous to just chill and spend time with him? Man, I needed to get a grip.

He quirks an eyebrow at me and leans onto the door hinge. His tongue drags across his bottom lip slowly. "This isn't a booty call, is it?"

A small laugh escapes my lips. I move out the way of the door so that he can come in. "No, it's called a dick appointment."

His eyes study me but I notice a small smirk on his lips. Stepping into my room he begins to shake his head at my words.

"I'm joking," I say first as I shut the door behind him. "I haven't invited you round for sex, I've invited you round to hang out." I clarify.

He turns to me, his brown eyes full of amusement. "I know Kayleigh,"

Kayden's eyes then begin to study my room, taking his time to take in the surroundings. I watch as he walks towards my desk that has fairy lights and pictures hung up on the wall.

"Cute room," he comments as his eyes observe my pictures.

I stand there and hold my hands together. "Thanks," I reply.

He removes his jacket from his back and throws it down onto my bed. Right next to my MacBook.

This instantly catches his eye. Diving onto my bed, letting multiple pillows go flying in the air.

"Make yourself at home," I mumble to myself but loud enough for him to hear.

Kayden instantly looks at me and he lets out a quiet laugh. "I will." He states before taking my MacBook.

"Damn this bed is comfy," Kayden nods in approval, he slaps one hand down onto the mattress.

I purse my lips and stand routed to the spot. My hands were a little clammy and I didn't want to keep admitting that I was nervous, but I was.

"You have any Drake?" Kayden asks as he taps away at my laptop.

"Hmm?" I say, I'm so bad at being in my own head.

Kayden flexes an eyebrow at me, like he knows I'm being awkward and nervous.

"Drake," He says. "You got any?"

I slowly make my way to the bed and sit on the edge. "I might have one song maybe..." I trail off as I think.

Kayden moves his head forward to me once and furrows his eyebrows. "You're joking?"

I shake my head.

"Mate," he laughs and looks back to the screen. "You need a reality check."

"Excuse me?" I say as I poke his shoulder. Which resulted in hurting my finger, his body was like a rock. What the fuck?

"All I can see is Ariana Grande and Little Mix," Kayden raises a hand to my laptop as he reads down my playlist.

"What is wrong with Ariana Grande?" I question in disbelief. "She is an actual angel."

Kayden shrugs. "Don't think I know any songs,"

I almost scream. Leaning back and taking the laptop from his hands, my upper body resting on his legs.

"You've never heard this?" I say as I double click on 'thank u, next'.

I turn to Kayden and he frowns shaking his head. I have to stop my mouth from falling open.

"Okay, what about th-" I cut myself off when I feel Kayden's warm fingers touch my shoulder, just below my T-shirt sleeve. I clear my throat. "This one."

I can almost see Kayden smile in success in the corner of my eye but I let it go. I play the song and wait for Kayden to react. "Think I heard that playing on the radio," he says as he slowly drags his finger tip across my skin.

His touch was as light as a feather but enough to make my breathing increase. I can feel myself raise in goosebumps, God help me. If he can see that then I wish the ground would swallow me whole.

I turn my head towards the window, the sun was still shining. It was a beautiful day. Pressing pause on my iTunes, slamming the lid of of MacBook. I pull away from Kayden's touch.

"Let me give you a tour of the campus," I smile at him and he nods sitting up. "It's a nice day and it always looks better when it's sunny."

"Sure, let's go." Kayden responds.

We exit my room and fall into a slow walk away from halls. It was warm today and the sun felt so good on my skin. Even though I was pale and burn with the smallest bit of sun. I still needed that vitamin D.

"So why did you call me up?" Kayden questions, his hands now in his jean pockets.

I turn to him and cross my arms over my chest, hands gripping below my shoulders. I shrug simply. "I guess I just really enjoyed your company," I find myself saying. "And you were right, I do need to have more fun and chill out sometimes. I take studying way too seriously."

Kayden grins at me. "You're so honest," he comments.

My heart sinks in my chest a little bit, was it too forward?

"I love it," his voice catches me off guard and I can't help but purse my lips to hide my smile. "And studying can never be taken too seriously, especially when you're going to be walking away with a first class degree." He says bumping my side.

I laugh to myself and look down to my feet. "I wish," I say under my breath.

"You really need to give yourself more credit Kay, you study all the time. I don't doubt that you are crazy intelligent." I can feel him look at me, but I'm worried that if I look at him I'll melt into a puddle on the floor.

I smile towards the floor. "You should stop, my head might explode." I joke.

"You're the least self centred person I know, you need to hear these things."

Then I turn to look at him. And I smile. I smile so genuinely because hearing these words are making me want to leap in the air with happiness.

But I'll spare us the embarrassment.

"Thank you," I say gratefully. "So, how have you been? Busy with Photoshop?"

We take a left turn and begin to walk towards central campus where the big, concrete water fountain was situated. Campus was busy today, everyone was taking advantage of the sun.

"You were right you know, that shit is like $100," I roll my eyes.

Kayden laughs and lowers his head to the floor for a split second. "Yeah I've been busy with the site and other stuff. Nothing interesting."

I nod at his words. "How is Ava?" I question. "I have honestly been the worst friend, I've had like no time to see her again."

"She's good, she's good," Kayden reassures me. "Heavily pregnant, but she's good."

I smile at him.

"What do you reckon they'll call the baby?" I ask raising my eyebrows at him.

"That's tough," Kayden says as a hand finds his chin to think. "Something stupid I bet like Flower or Ocean."

I snort and it sounds so unattractive. "Definitely not," I say. "It'll be something like Elizabeth or Merlyn."

"Oh yeah?" Kayden's eyes challenge mine. I nod. "Wanna bet?"

"Bet what? An unusual name or an old name?" I clarify.

"Yup,"

"What we gonna bet?" I ask.

"$50 and whatever the other person wants." Kayden's eyes sparkle with competition.

"Oh, you're on," I say confidently.

Kayden holds his hand out and I firmly shake it. "Prepare to lose," he says as he sings the 'lose'.

I roll my eyes. "You wish," I say as a little smile forms on my lips.

"I do wish because then I ca—"

"Kayleigh!"

My name is shouted loudly behind us, both of us stop dead in our tracks. My eyes settle on the red headed girl before me.

Jessica.

She used to be one of my closest friends about three months ago. Now she is a complete nobody to me.

I smile at her. "Hey," I say politely.

I have no idea why she's talking to me. She has never bothered to look my way when I walk by her usually. My eyes trail to the people she's with. Craig, Hannah and... Josh.

When my eyes lock with his I freeze. I almost forget to breathe.

"How have you been? Feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" Jessica exclaims as she steps closer.

Yeah that's because when Josh and I broke up no one wanted to know me.

I feel Kayden come to my side, his forearm lightly brushing mine. Finally I look back to Jessica as I nod. "Good," I manage to get out.

Then my eyes look back to Josh but instead of his being on me, they're firmly on Kayden. An unsettling look is in his eye and it was something I wasn't expecting.

"Come on Jess, we gotta go to Craig's," Hannah tugs at Jessica's arm pulling her away.

Jessica smiles at me once more before waving over her shoulder. I turn to Kayden because I can't look at them any longer but he's too busy staring back.

"Let's go," I say quietly.

Kayden doesn't budge and I stupidly look over to them again. Josh is glaring at Kayden and it's making me confused.

Why is he looking at him like that?

I take Kayden's hand and pull him away. I needed to get out of this situation right now.

"What the fuck was that guys problem?" Kayden says finally as we begin to walk in the opposite direction.

I let out a shaky breath and shrug. "No idea," I lie straight through my teeth.

Kayden turns his attention to me. "You know that guy?" He questions.

I shake my head a little too quickly. "Nope, no idea who he is." I shrug again and fold my arms across my chest.

Kayden watches me but I look anywhere but his face. "Weird," he comments and I nod in agreement.

"Wanna go get some ice cream?" I question trying to changing the subject.

My eyes spot an ice cream van in the distance. I could murder an ice lolly right now.

Kayden eyes up the van then turns to me and smiles. "Hell yeah I do."

Hey lovelies!! I hope you liked this chapter, if you did don't forget to vote and leave a comment on what you think!

Kayden and Kayleigh are acc so cute☹️ I love them

Next chapter gonna get a bit steamyyyyy offt

I get so excited when I write about these two, actually kills me

Question: who is your fav artist???

I feel like I don't really have one but Ariana Grande is defo my guilty pleasure❤️

Anyway, see you guys on the next one, Savanna x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 243 24
"Give me two hours of your time every day until spring, and if by then you still don't agree to have sex with me... I'll grant you twenty-four hours...
2.1M 50.8K 43
"You're playing a dangerous game, my darling. Don't speak of giving yourself to me if you can't back it up." he said lowly, a smirk still on his face...
3M 135K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
2.8M 83.4K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...