My Life in the Spotlight (5S...

By libbyluver14

Bindi is a 17 year old girl getting ready to go to college next year. Her brother is Ashton Irwin. He is the... More

Meeting Everybody
Uh Oh
Busted
The Haunting
Blast from the past
Pressure much
Prank of all time
Leaving
Hurting
Reunited
Secret
Competition Day (Part 1)
Competition Day (Part 2)
Best Surprise Ever!
Midnight Memories
Not a chapter
Change of heart
Running away
Discovered
What to do?
Found out
Breaks up are hard
Fashion problems, human problems, and breakups
Recovery
Bad day
Fashion Show
Backstabbing bitch
Long Way Home
Dinner date
Marriage is great I think
Big Mistake
R and R
Dream dress
Wedding of my dreams
Party of the century
End to a good weekend I think
Lonely
Best Night of my Life
Time of my life
Unexpected news :)
Reconciliation
Surprise! NOT!
Where Do Broken Hearts Go
Welcome to the world!
Australian Surprise
Home is where the heart is
House Guests
New models
He left what!
Goodbye
Promise
Sequel

Revelation

78 5 0
By libbyluver14

        I had been training now for at least a week. It probably was more, but to me it felt like a week. I was sore all over from training for swimming for one half of the day and then training for gymnastics for the other half of the day. Everyday Harry and my family would text me to see how I was doing and I couldn't tell them that I was sore or else they would ask me why, and I would have to tell them. The only person that I could trust was a girl who lived across the hall from me, and had walked in during one of my ice baths. She saw all the bruises from falling in gymnastics and then she saw my swim suit soaking in the sink. I had to tell her plus she looked like someone I could trust. Her name was Sarah and I realized after that day she was my new best friend. We did everything together and she kept my secret. 

        It was Monday and I was back at the pool since it rotated everyday. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday I was at the pool first thing in the morning and then Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I was at the gym first thing in the morning. So anyway it was 7 and I wasn't expecting to see anybody besides my coach and Sarah of course came with me so then we could walk to class afterwards together. I was doing the 100 meter freestyle to warm up when Liam walked in and jumped into the lane next to me. I of course wasn't expecting to see him at all. When I took my last breath before touching the wall I looked up at him and he was waiting for me. 

"Hey. What are you doing here?"

"Oh just swimming before class. What about you?"

"The same."

"Oh okay. Umm I gotta get back to doing what I was doing. I'll talk to you later or see you later." Just then my coach yelled at me to get my butt moving on the 500 freestyle. I nodded my head and got on the block waiting for him to tell me when to go. All I heard before I jumped was a gasp and then go. I jumped off and took off. Have I ever told you I hate the 500 because it always tires me out? Well I'm telling you now I hate it. I decided to take the first couple of hundred meters slow since I knew by the end of it I would be so tired. I could hear Liam next to me swimming, but everytime I got to the wall to spin around he was there taking a break. It wasn't fair since he got to take breaks and I had to do 500 meters without a break. 

Three minutes later and I was done. I hated my coach for this, but he was being hard on me because I basically took a month off from training. I was taking a break talking to Sarah when Liam came up to my lane looking fresh and showered and asked me something only Sarah knew.

"Hey umm it looked like you were really pushing yourself out there why?"

"I wasn't. Just doing this for fun."

"Really? Then who was that guy yelling at you?"

"Just a friend helping me out."

"Really? He looked like your coach."

"I gotta go to class Liam. I'll talk to you later." With that I got out of the pool and headed towards the girls locker room to take a shower. Sarah walked in a couple of minutes later while I was changing and asked me if I was okay. I nodded my head, picked up my backpack, my gym bag, and headed out the door. I was late to my class, but my professor knew that I was at the pool training so she didn't care. I took a seat in the back and took out my notebook and a pen and started to take notes. This day could not have gone slower until I had to get to the gym. I had a competiton this weekend, so I was training extra hard that day. My coach was also pushing me really hard. I was on uneven bars when I heard the doors open. I was too busy doing my routine to look up to see who had walked in. 

"Bindi!" I heard my name and missed the bar and instead fell flat on my face. I got up and looked around to see who had called my name. I saw both Harry and Ashton looking at me. My coach came up to me and looked at me with that again face. I groaned and got ready to run and jump onto the lower bars. Someone walked up to me and pulled me against them. I groaned and looked up to see Harry. 

"Harry my coach is going to kill you if he sees you hugging me preventing me from working."

"What are you doing here Bindi?"

"Training and now look you are going to get me in trouble." I told him.

"Bindi again now! Or else your doing a lap." I nodded my head and moved away from Harry. I walked over to the chalk and took some into my hands. I made sure my grips were on the way I liked them and then making sure that I was properly chalked up I took off at a sprint and jumped onto the spring board to get onto the lower bars. I started to do my routine ignoring the stares of two people looking at me. I switched my hands a lot so at one point I was looking at the boys and then switching so that I was looking at the wall. While I was on the lower bar my transition to the higher bar I did a Shaposhnikova. After that I did a Jaeger and then did some more swings. I swung myself back to the lower bar and did a Pak Salto to the lower bar. I swung around a couple of times until I swung myself back to the top bar and caught it. I did a Geinger and then did my dismount. I saluted to the judges that weren't there and walked away to my coach.

"Good job Bindi, but next time keep your toes pointed and your legs have to be tighter on your dismount. Go to vault now and do your routine." I nodded my head and walked over to the vaulting table. I took my grips off and then I chalked up my hands and feet and walked over to the strip. I breathed in and out in and out until I was ready and took off running down the lane. Once I was at the springboard I jumped and did an Amanar. I stuck it and I was so happy that I stuck it the first time. I hugged my coach before I went to get some water. Harry and Ashton walked up to me to talk to me. I could tell on their faces that they were very surprised.

"Bindi how long have you been doing this?" Ashton asked me.

"Ummm basically all throughout high school and when I was little."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I don't know. I guess I just wanted to keep it a secret."

"Well you are really good. I need to tell mum and dad."

"NO! Ash don't tell them. I love doing this and not having anybody know. It's my own secret. Besides how did you know I would be here?"

"We went by your room and you weren't there so your friend Sarah the girl who lives across the hall from you told us you would be here."

"Oh dang her. I told her to keep it a secret." I looked up to see my coach staring at me.

"Bindi beam now! We have to get your routine down for competition this weekend."

"You have a competition this weekend?" Harry asked me.

"Yes I do in both gymnastics and swimming."

"You do both?" Both of the boys looked surprised.

"Yes I do and now I'm busy."

"BINDI! LAPS NOW!" My coach yelled at me. I groaned before I waved goodbye and started to run around the gym. I knew that my coach was mad and he made me do three laps every time. This gym was huge so three laps later I was panting and tired. I jumped onto the beam and started to do my routine. I finally dismounted to just be told to do it again. It took me two hours to get my beam routine down. Last, but not least was floor my favorite next to the vault. I could be myself on floor. The music turned on and I just started to dance and do my routine. I felt free doing floor and I knew I only had to do it once. I mean I am number one in Australia right now in both swimming and gymnastics. 

Five hours later my coach let me go back to my dorm room. I was sore, but happy. I was walking with Harry and Ashton back to my room. They kept asking me how I had time do everything and I told them my schedule. Harry was telling me that I was doing more than the whole band did. I nodded my head and opened my dorm room door. I told them to make themselves at home while I went to shower. First I went to Sarahs room and told her off. She looked so sad that I yelled at her I ended up hugging her and telling her it was okay. 

It took me half an hour to shower and then reenter my room. Harry was on his phone and Ashton looked asleep on my bed. Once Harry noticed me he looked up and gave me a hug. 

"Bindi can the boys and I come to your competitions this weekend?"

"Ummmm sure. Gymnastics is Sunday and then Swimming is on Saturday. If I make it to the finals for both they will be held that night so Gymnastics finals is on Sunday night and Swimming finals is on Saturday night." 

"Have you ever been to anything else besides college competitions?"

"Yes. I have been to worlds twice getting gold in everything. I haven't been to the Olympics yet, but I have been asked to represent Australia in both swimming and gymnastics, but I turn them both down everytime."

"Bindi how did we not notice you were gone for that long when you went to worlds?" Ash asked me.

"I told mum and dad that I was going to a camp that the school payed for, but instead I went to worlds with my coach. I knew mum and dad didn't watch gymnastics or swimming so it was easy to lie to them."

"I have to tell them. They would love to come this weekend." Sighing I just nodded my head and sat down next to Harry who was texting the boys and I knew Ashton was texting mum and dad plus his friends. This weekend is going to be very interesting and loud. 

Vote

Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978K 25.8K 44
|COMPLETED| "People sometimes don't realize that love is love, and no one can stop it." Meet Briana, all her life she's been protected by...
12.1K 229 21
Emma was just a normal teenage girl from Texas who had big dreams. She aspired to be a singer. So when she got a record deal with Capitol Records, sh...
24.1K 519 26
Ashton Irwin is my brother, he's in a band called 5 seconds of summer, have you heard of them? My name is Eva, Eva Irwin, I'm 14! I love my brother...
26.8K 374 24
Started August 18 2013 Ended October 13 2013 Meet Lily, a girl from Australia who's best friends with Ashton Irwin THE Ashton Irwin from 5 Seconds...