Silver Lining

By MeltingSnow2307

It's Harry, Ron and Hermione's final year at Hogwarts, but Voldemort is still on the rise. With Snape's faile... More

Chapter 1: New School night
Chapter 2: Thoughts
Chapter 3: Revenge
Chapter 4: A Christmas Present
Chapter 5: At the Christmas Ball
Chapter 6: Forgiveness and Letters
Chapter 7: Civilising, Making Out and Returning
Chapter 8: Telling Them the Truth
Chapter 9: The Truth Behind the Apology
Chapter 10: Potions and Detentions
Chapter 11: NEWTs
Chapter 12: Ready to Fight
Chapter 13: War
Chapter 14: The End of War
Chapter 15: A Present
Chapter 16: Tears
Chapter 17: Breaking Up
Chapter 18: Graduation
Chapter 19: Memories

Chapter 20: The End

390 6 8
By MeltingSnow2307

Chapter 20: The End

“Hermione?” It was Harry. “Hey,  how long have you been sitting in front of the lake?”

"One hour and forty minutes and nineteen seconds,” Hermione replied.

Harry was shocked at the response but quickly recovered. 

“You were gone ever since Malfoy asked you to go with him, what happened?”

“I… I don’t really want to talk about it. I’m sorry Harry.”

“Okay then. Well, I need to talk to you.” Hermione looked at Harry quizzically. “Look, I know Malfoy loves you. Don’t interrupt! I know loves you- the speech, the way he looks at you and etcetera. And I know you still love him,” Hermione didn’t reply but merely stared guiltily and her feet.  “You’ve been trying to forget him, but you’ve failed pretty bad, no offence. I know you still think about him everyday, I’ve heard you calling his name in your sleep. I fell really bad, because even though I love you very much, but I still interfered with your relationship and I thought about this for a long time, but I want  you to pursue it back.” 

Hermione’s head snapped up.

“What did you just say?” she whispered.

“I said, I want you to pursue back the relationship  you and Malfoy both deserve.”

“Do you really want me to get back together with Draco again?” Hermione’s voice was below audible now.

Harry nodded. “I want you to be happy.”

“Thank you Harry!” Hermione squealed and gave Harry a hug. “Thank you!”

And she sprinted up to the castle.

(*)

Harry stared at the water. True, he did want Hermione and Malfoy to get back together, but it still really hurt him to let her go like that. He blinked away the tears that threatened to fall.

“Hey mate, you feeling okay?”

Ron sat down next Harry.

“Yeah, I’m fine! Come one, lets go pack.”

Harry and Ron stood and slowly made their way to the castle.

(*)

Hermione stood without moving. Where was Draco? She checked the dungeons, the Great Hall, all the classrooms, asked some boy to check the bathrooms, the kitchens, the Astronomy tower, the Clock Tower and even her dormitory, but he was nowhere to be found. Where could he possibly be? Don’t tell me he’ s still in the Headmistress office… She sprinted off to the office.

“Oh what’s the password again? Uh, uh, uh oh! Dumbledore!” 

The gargoyle leapt aside and Hermione hurled onto the steps, she didn’t even knock on the door but yanked it open. What she had been expecting was not this. Draco was certainly there, but he was lying on the floor and he looked unconscious. 

“No!”

She ran over to him and kneeled down next to him, tears started falling down non-stop down her face. 

“No! No please, wake up Draco! Wake up!” She buried her face in his chest. “Please wake up! I love you Draco!”

“You do?” a croaky voice said.

“Draco! You’re alive!” Hermione exclaimed.

“Who said I was dead? I just-“  Draco broke off and fainted again.

“Draco!”

Hermione quickly levitated Draco and sent him to the Hospital Wing.

“Madame Pomfrey!” she called the nurse who quickly bustled out from her office. “Quick Madame Pomfrey, I don’t know what happened but Draco just randomly fainted!”

“Please calm down dear. Put him on a bed,” Hermione obeyed and waited around as Madame Pomfrey examined him.

“Mr Malfoy should be fine, someone must've just been playing a prank on him or something. The spell should wear off soon."

“Thank you!” 

“It was no problem dear,” Madame Pomfrey said kindly and then walked off to her office.

Hermione sat down on the bed next to Draco, holding his hand. She had a strong hunch who had done this to him. She'll deal with Harry, Ron and most likely Ginny afterwards later. After a few minutes Draco started stirring. He opened his eyes slowly.

“Draco you’re awake! Thank god!” Hermione hugged him.

“Hermione, do you really love me Hermione?” Draco asked seriously when he pulled away.

“Yes I do.”

“What about Potter then?”

“Harry’s talked to me and he said I should pursue back the relationship you and I both deserve.”

“Did Potter really say that?”

“Yeah he did.”

“Wow, who would have known. Can I get out of this bed now?” he said, impatiently trying to get up.

“Madame Pomfrey did say you can go once you’ve woken up so I guess so.”

Hermione and Draco walked all the way to Hermione’s dormitory hand-in-hand, Hermione was going to climb through the portrait when Draco stopped her.

“What?”

“You know, this is the place where we first officially became girlfriend and boyfriend even though at that time I didn’t like you?”

“Did you really have to mention that? Hermione said, annoyed.

“Sorry, but I just really want to do this…”

Draco leant down and kissed Hermione. Lightly at first, but the kiss became more heated. Draco’s tongue played around at Hermione’s lips asking for entrance which Hermione happily granted. Their tongues  held a furious battle and when they  finally broke apart, both were panting heavily. 

“That, was the best kiss ever!” Draco and Hermione both laughed.

“Hermione?’

“Yes Draco?”

“I love you.”

Hermione smiled. “I love you too.”

(*)

Harry, Ginny and Ron walked up to McGonagall's office, or rather Ginny was -Harry and Ron were getting dragged along. 

"Ginny why are we doing this?" Harry hissed.

"I figured you might want to play a prank on Malfoy to release it out of you and I saw Malfoy lead Hermione into the office," Ginny said matter-of-factly.

"I do not!" Harry said stubbornly, though he knew deep down he did.

The opened the door cautiosly and Malfoy was indeed up there, his back was turned to them and Ginny made Harry pull out his wand. He muttered a few well chosen words and i
mmediately Malfoy fell on to the floor. Without a split second more Ginny, Harry and Ron made a run for it.

"Well that was... fun."

THE END

~What Happened Afterwards~

Draco, Harry and Ron all slowly became good friends which made Hermione very happy and together Harry, Hermione and Draco opened the book shop.

Harry finally felt his feelings for Ginny and they got together after Draco and Ron pestered him to ask her out.

Draco and Hermione had a fight for three months but then all the others went back and fourth between them and finally got them back together.

After dating for another two years after the fight Draco finally got the guts and proposed to Hermione who happily accepted Draco’s hand of marriage.

Hermione was Draco’s fiancé for another year as they planned their wedding and Harry was Draco’s best man and Ginny was Hermione’s maid of honor. Harry and Ginny and Ron and Luna all got married not long after.

Hermione and Draco had three children called Constance, Casimir and Scorpius Malfoy. Harry and Ginny had three children, James, Albus and Lily Potter. Ron and Luna also had a son and daughter named Hugo and Rosie Weasley.

_______________________________________

 As you can see I tried to make the names of their children as close to the book as I could. ;P Hope you’ve liked this story. If you did, give it a vote or comment or just spread the word :-D xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 561 39
Voldemort is gone and Hermione Granger has been invited to return to Hogwarts to complete her eighth year. The world is not what it used to be and sh...
33.5K 1.2K 46
A year has passed since the Battle of Hogwarts, many have went on with their lives, some are still stuck in the past. But of course, Hogwarts still s...
105K 3.1K 22
After the death of her father Anna has changed. She starts to learn about the power Voldemort has told her about. Her powers grow stronger if possibl...
545 2 24
it's been a few months since Harry Potter defeated voldemort. the school is back and running and harry, Hermione, and Ron are back. Minerva is now he...