Flowing Promises (Under Revis...

By Innocence51

Korosensei made a promise to Aguri Yukimura to look after her little sister since she'll be alone. But when h... More

Author Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 - Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29.1
Chapter 29.2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 36.5
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.5
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

Chapter 50

1.7K 29 28
By Innocence51

The Final Battle - Part 3

---

Is this the end for me?

Am I really going to die?

Am I too late?

Can't I do anything?

I feel cold...

It's strange...

I thought it was the floor...

This dark and empty floor...

Though I can't feel anything anymore...

My body's become numb that I can't move...

Is it because of this cold?

I don't think so...

I think...

I'm dying...

I'm running out of breath...

It's getting colder and colder...

Hehehe...

This is it, I think...

This is the end for me...

Goodbye...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Huh?

It's weird...

I hear...

A faint voice from a distance...

---oo!!

What's it saying?

---yanoo!!

I can't understand you... Speak louder...

---ayanoo!!

Say it again...

---Kayanoo!!

Wait... Is it calling my name?

---Kayanoo!! I know you can hear me!!

That voice... It's familiar...

---Kayanoo!!

It can't be...

---Come back to meeee!!!

It's Nagisa!

...

...

...

Nagisa...

I want to see you...

I don't want to die yet...

I want to see you again...

I want to save everyone else as well...

I want to see everyone again...

These feelings, genuine, desperate, irreplaceable... they contain a little piece of hope, and when brought together creates courage. They give you the strength to overcome the impossible. To pass the bounds of limits, to achieve greater heights that no one has ever had.

That is why humans are called unpredictable beings.

It's funny really.

With those feelings in my heart, it refuses to stop beating. It's like its got a mind of its own.

However, thanks to that, I was slowly regaining my consciousness.

I was able to move a finger and my hands twitch as I recover my strength.

Nagisa...

He's the only one in my mind. Whenever I think of him, every inch of my body starts to move. Even without me controlling it.

I find it shocking, to be honest. But what my body is feeling right now is what I trully feel. They never lie. Even with me putting up a mask.

This time, I'll stay true to myself, and erase my fake from existence.

Because, she is the only one standing in my way.

---

Normal POV

The sight was shocking because they thought it was impossible.

Yet there he was. Barely trying to stand up but remained on his knees.

He shouts the name of the girl he wants to save, he swore to protect, and because he loves her, his dedication surpassed its limits.

"KAYANOO!!"

Every turn of his breath, he shouts her name. But every attempt, he was ignored.

However, this didn't make him stop...

Even when altered-Kayano continued to attack.

The third floor of the building was about to collapse.

The blazing flames spread throughout each corner, turning the place into devastation.

Because of this unfortunate moment, the entire class 3E are trapped.

They couldn't escape a moments ago due to Kayano's outrage earlier which caused a few debris blocking the exits.

Though their attentions were busy gazing at Nagisa who had just came back from the dead!

"KAYANOO!! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!! COME BACK TO ME!!"

Nagisa kept on shouting. Fortunately this time, this cause altered-Kayano to stop what it's doing and turn to face Nagisa.

Her eyes filled with bloodlust stared daggers at Nagisa who was still recovering from his wounds. The self-regeneration ability is still in effect.

"It's pointless. Whatever you do won't bring her back."

———————————————————

...

I... won't... let you...

Kayano muttered under her breath as she slowly stood up from where she was lying. Her words followed by echoes caused the Kayano from the past to break from its focus. Her head perks up in astonishment and surprise as she heard her future self said something, for she thought that she had already dealt with her.

"I won't... let you..."

"I won't let you..."

Kayano repeated these words as she slowly stood up into her knees. Her weakened state was slowly fading away, and for every second, she regains her strength to stand up from her feet.

"I won't let you!"

"This is impossible!"

The past Kayano felt frightened and took a few steps back as her future self stood up before her.

"How are you still alive?!"

However, she distinguishes her fear and confusion with anger and starts to glare at her future self.

"Hehe... It's because you didn't aim for the heart..."

But, Kayano only gave her a chuckle and points at her heart with her thumb.

"You're right though..."

She suddenly said this and continues...

"I know you never said it, but now I know the reason why you are still here..."

She starts to explain.

"My feelings of hatred, towards the being that I thought was responsible for my sister's death. I never erased them from me. I only ran away from them, pretending that I forgot about that feeling. I ran away thinking that it would end my suffering, but I eventually knew, that these feelings will boil up within me someday. So now..."

"I've decided to face my hatred I buried a long time ago and move on!"

As Kayano stated her last phrase, she immediately brought her head up, and had a look full of determination to take down her opponent.

She looked serious as ever, like at anytime, she's going to snap and her bloodlust will go out of control again. But she had them controlled this time. Because she needs this power to take down her hatred...

"Nnrghh?! SHUT UP!!"

Her words caused her past self to roar in anger and used her tentacles immediately to attack and end her future self once and for all...

But Kayano managed to dodge them. Thanks to her old supervision, she knows when and where the tentacles are going to strike, and she used the remaining time to evade them.

However, it wasn't perfect. With several blows, Kayano was unable to evade one tentacle and got knocked away as a result.

Yet, she stood back on her feet. She felt pain, but she didn't weaken. Her strength was still recovering that it wasn't enough to weaken her at all.

Her feelings.

It's what kept her standing up from her feet.

Even with numerous cuts and injuries, she still stood up and rushes towards her opponent-imaginary anti-korosensei knife on her hand.

Though, the place is her mind, so she could create that kind of a weapon. But due to certain circumstances, she has no full control over her mind just yet.

That's why she needs to bring down her past self engulfed in hatred and anger in order for her to break free from this prison.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" Kayano kept running towards her past self, never wasting her time but ran with her full might.

"DAAAAMN YOUU!!!" Though her oast self continued delivering rapid tentacle attacks in attempt to stop her.

———————————————————

"Ah!!"

Nagisa was surprised. He was also confused due to what he was seeing.

The altered-Kayano suddenly stopped attacking and was struggling with her headache. She was trying so hard to contaminate it, but this only opened a chance for Nagisa to dive in.

Without a second thought, Nagisa brought out his second blade-his antidote-stained knife and rushed towards the monster.

Kayano... I don't know what happened to you... But I'll make sure I'll bring you back!

The struggling altered-Kayano screams from her lungs and goes on another outrage. Her tentacles were directly attacking her opponent, yet, Nagisa managed to dodge them with his supersonic speed.

Altered-Kayano continued delivering attacks, but Nagisa was quickly filling the gap between them. Even with the continuous barrage, this didn't stop him from reaching his target.

« »

With Kayano dealing her old self inside of her while Nagisa dealing with her from the outside, both of them had their knives ready and continues to rush towards their opponent.

YAAAHHHH!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

The gap was filled.

A flashing light came across.

They plunged their weapons to their enemy as they continued to yell.

And alas! With their one strike, only one side remained victorious.

Kayano had finally conquered her own immense hatred and Nagisa had brought her back.

Although, it wasn't yet the end.

Even with her old self eliminated, Kayano had a lot of injuries, and caused her to go back lying on the dark and empty floor.

With her enemy gone, her strength also faded away. However, she remained a victory smile on her face. Her eyes started to create tears but they only flowed to the side of her face.

Then, all of a sudden...

The dark void of abyss that surrounded her own self turns into a bright white space. Her old self that was lying on the other side of her turned black and was reduced to ashes, blown away by a certain wind.

Yet she remained afloat, around this bright white space. The wind from before blows across her lying body, and she starts to speak.

"Finally... It's all over..."

Her tears continued to crawl out from her retinas as she spoke this to no one but herself. She made her smile even wider and continues to say something...

Everything is over...

I did it...

But now...

What do I do?

Ahh, this feeling...

I think I'm going to disappear again...

But at least I finally ended it...

At least I can disappear with happy thoughts...

But...

I thought I could see him again...

Maybe... I'll try to hold on for now...

Just in case... He'll call my name again...

———————————————————

Switch to Nagisa's POV

Due to a huge amount of blood loss, I used up all of my strength with that one strike.

I should've known that I couldn't recover blood just because I have this self-healing ability.

However, that's not important right now.

I gaze back at Kayano that was lying on the ground. Her tentacles were finally dealt with.

Using my remaining strength, I dragged myself towards Kayano. She desperately needs helo, so I have to be there for her.

"Come on! Move, dammit!" I couldn't feel my legs anymore, but I had to try.

...

After a few attempts, finally I managed to reach her.

She looked like she was just sleeping. But I have to heal her injury that I caused. Otherwise, she might lose a lot of blood just like me.

I placed my hand on her wound I made, and to my surprise, my hand was mysteriously enveloped with yellowish glow.

I didn't know I had such ability, but nevertheless, I had to heal hear. Still, it might not recover her blood, but I had to stop her bleeding.

"Akari, hang in there."

I accidentally spoke her real name while I was gradually weakening, but none of that matters right now.

Treating her is what I have to fo-

---Crrckk!!

"You..."

"Ah?!"

As I was focusing on healing Kayano, I heard a voice out of nowhere.

I looked up in front of me, surrounded by smoke and flames, and there, I saw Klein with a miserable face.

His other arm was strained and hurt, and he was holding it close to his chest.

However, his other hand wasn't and took a gun. He points it towards me, and opens his mouth to say something.

"Because of you, all of my beautiful plans are ruined!!" He cursed me with his bitter words.

His hand was shaking, but he remained the pistol aimed at me.

"YOU DESTROYED EVERYTHING!!!" He shouted.

"Hnghhee~Ha ha ha... HAHAHA!!!" And then started to laugh in a more maniac way.

"So now, you're going to pay for it!"

As he said this, I assume he's about to pull the trigger.

Damn. I can't do anything at all. Except just to stare daggers at him and clench my teeth in hopes that he would be stopped.

But if it were to fire, then I guess...

"DIEEE!!!"

...

---BANG!

However, as I was about to get shot at the head, a gunfire roared and a bullet pierced his body.

This stopped him from shooting his gun and he fell down to the ground from his back.

"NAGISA!!"

I thought I could recognize that voice.

I probably used up all of my strength in that last attempt to dodge that bullet.

My vision's gotten blurry now, and my ears have started to deafen.

However, before I passed out, I remember these words as a certain someone came to my side and said it...

"Nagisa! Hang in there! Everything's going to be okay!"

And after that, I expect that I'll drift into a beautiful dream of wonders, that I ever wanted in my whole life, just for once.

---

End of Chapter 50

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 693 8
Tras experimentar de primera vez el amor propio los sentimientos guardados de Melascula comenzaron a salir de manera brusca pero amorosa
5.2K 136 21
What if Eren and Mikasa swapped genders? Would Eren have to act like Mikasa? Would they tell their friends? Would the others understand? How would th...
84.1K 1.6K 16
"What if I told you, you could be adored by girls? Admired by other boys?" the brown haired girl asked. "All you have to do is say yes, or no to my q...
17.4K 469 10
Arthur Leywin, Prince of Alacrya, is betrothed to Tessia Eralith, Princess of Elenoir. The problem? Arthur has never met his wife-to-be and doesn't s...