The Ice King | Vkook

By casuallyreading

Kim Taehyung is a championship ice skater but his cold personality makes him unapproachable and detached from... More

*:..。o○ Prologue ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 1 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 2 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 3 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 4 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 5 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 6 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 7 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 8 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 9 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 10 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 11 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 12 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 13 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 14 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 15 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 16 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 17 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 18 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 19 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 20 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 21 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 22 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 23 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 24 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 25 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 26 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 27 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 29 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 30 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 31 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 32 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 33 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 34 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 35 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 36 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 37 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 38 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 39 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 40 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 41 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 42 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 43 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 44 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 45 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 46 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ Epilogue ○o。..:*
New Book
Sequel????
Sequel...

*:..。o○ 28 ○o。..:*

30.6K 1.4K 1.2K
By casuallyreading

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Lee Ye-Jun
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

The first day they were in Japan was a day for training. To get used to the ice. Taehyung put his bag down on one of the seats surrounding the rink. He smiled to himself as he observed the bracelet on his wrist. He carefully took it off and placed it in a pocket in his bag to keep it safe. It was one of his most prized possessions, not that he would ever tell Jungkook that, he still hadn't fully forgiven him for what he'd done.

He made his way to the ice and began practicing his jumps. He had a few hard ones in his routine and as usual he was struggling with his quads. He didn't have as much power as other skaters which made it harder for him to get high enough off the ground to complete 4 full turns in the air and land well. A few other skaters joined him on the ice but they all kept their distance. There were certain guidelines to follow when on the ice with other skaters, they couldn't get too close to each other so there was no injury.

Taehyung kept firmly to one side of the rink just skating around, doing jump after jump until he saw a figure skate towards him.
"Hey Yoongi" Taehyung greeted as the boy skated towards him.
"Have you seen whose here?" Yoongi asked grumpily.
Taehyung immediately glared "Ye-Jun" Taehyung grumbled "he better not start any funny business again"
"I'm surprised they're letting us compete in the same heat again"
"If he hurts you again, hyung, I won't hesitate to punch him" Taehyung growled.
"Hopefully it won't come to that"

"Aw, are you two talking about me? I knew that Taehyung had a crush on me but I didn't know you had one too Yoongi" Ye-Jun smirked from the side of the ice.
"What do you want Ye-Jun?" Yoongi sighed.
"Nothing, just thought I'd come say hi to my two besties"
"Stop the act, I know what you're trying to do"
"And what am I trying to do"
"Psych us out before the competition"
Ye-Jun raised his eyebrows at the two "really? Me? I would do no such thing"

Both boys glared at him as Ye-Jun laughed a little at himself "anyway I better go get ready" and he walked away.
"There's something off about him, he's planning something" Taehyung commented not taking his eye off Ye-Jun.
"He's always planning something" Yoongi sighed and skated off to begin his own practice.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

When it came to lunch, Taehyung was a lot happier with his routine.
"Do you want to get lunch?" Yoongi asked him as everyone began to move off the ice for lunch.
"No, I'm probably going to see Jungkook for a bit"
Yoongi scoffed "I don't understand why you put up with him"
Taehyung just sighed as Yoongi walked away up the stairs.
Taehyung walked in his ice skates over to his bag to get some water. He wanted to do a tiny bit more while the ice was clear before going on break. He took a drink from his bottle and then reached into his bag's pocket to get his phone.

He quickly sent a text to Jungkook asking if he wanted to go to lunch. He put his phone back in the pocket and then a small smile appeared on his face as he thought of his bracelet. He reached around the pocket for it but he couldn't find it. He sighed as he picked up his bag and began taking things out of it, it had probably just fallen to the bottom.

However, the more he looked, the more anxious he got. He couldn't find it. The items in his bag were scattered along the chairs as he desperately searched for it.
"Are you looking for this?" A voice asked. Taehyung turned round to see Ye-Jun holding the small gold chain in his hands.

"Give it back Ye-Jun" Taehyung growled.
"Why? Does it really hold that much meaning to you? It looks like a cheap thing. I thought you were rich, did daddy go bankrupt?" Ye-Jun teases as he casually skated onto the empty ice rink.
Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows at him and marched towards the ice.
"I didn't think you would stoop as low as stealing Ye-Jun" Taehyung said as he skated into the ice after Ye-Jun.

Ye-Jun laughed as he skated away from Taehyung "why would I steal this? I'm simply just borrowing it"
"Give it back!" Taehyung shouted getting frustrated, Ye-Jun was a faster skater than him so it was easy for him to get away from him.
"Come get it" Ye-Jun smirked and skated faster away from him.

Taehyung took a deep breath and skated as fast as he could after him.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Jungkook smiled when he saw the text from Taehyung, he texted him back telling him that he would come get him. He walked through a maze of corridors to try and find the rink that Taehyung was in but this place was hard to navigate.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Taehyung felt himself get more tired, he knew he had to stop but he needed that bracelet back. It would've cost Jungkook a lot of money and Taehyung knew he didn't have a lot of it which made it even more special for him.

"Getting tired already Taehyung? Didn't know you were so unfit" Ye-Jun sniggered.
Taehyung's breath was getting heavier, he was practically panting by this point. Eventually he had to stop skating, he couldn't go any longer. He slid onto his knees, trying his best to catch his breath but each breath he took seemed harder than the last. Ye-Jun laughed "well, looks like I've had my fun" Taehyung heard him skate over and Ye-Jun threw the bracelet at him "see you around Taehyung"

He grabbed the bracelet, holding it tightly in his hands. Taehyung felt his vision get blurry, his head pounding. The familiar pain in his chest rising up. He clutched his chest trying to get relief from the pain but as usual none came. He knew he shouldn't have pushed himself that much. He shakily got up from the floor, he had to get to the medical room. It was a struggle, he couldn't see, he couldn't even tell which direction he was facing plus he was on ice making him more unstable.

He felt his heart pumping more, each beat bringing more pain than the last one. He couldn't help but cry, he slumped back onto the ice, tears escaping his eyes as his entire body ached.

"Taehyung, are you okay?" He heard a voice and he looked up and saw Jungkook sitting in front of him, he hadn't even heard him walk in.
His brow was furrowed in concern.
"I......can't breath" he panted out.
"Okay, I'm going to take you to the medical room" Jungkook said quickly, clearly flustered already "can you walk?"
Taehyung nodded and took Jungkook's hand to help him up.

Another sharp pain struck through his heart causing him to double over. He felt his feet leave the ground as Jungkook picked him up into a piggyback. He carefully slid across the ice and then when he got off the ice he began to run.

Taehyung knew he was just trying to help but every slight jolt caused another wave of pain to go through his body. He was practically sobbing by this point but the more he cried the harder it became to breathe.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Eventually they reached the medical room. Jungkook pushed the door open with his foot as he was holding Taehyung's legs so he wouldn't fall. The nurse looked at them a confused look on his face.
"Can I help you?" He asked, looking cautiously at the boy on Jungkook's back.
"His name is Kim Taehyung, I-I'm not sure what's wrong with him" Jungkook said quickly.
"Oh, Taehyung? Put him on the bed, quickly" the nurse instructed calmly and Jungkook carefully placed him on the bed.

"Taehyung, I need you to tell me what level your pain is at, okay?" The nurse said, taking out his clipboard.
Jungkook glared at him, it was obvious that he was in great pain yet the nurse just seemed to be wasting time.
"8" Taehyung choked out.
"Is this normal for your attacks?" The nurse asked.

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Attacks? Did he have like bad asthma or something?

Taehyung shook his head "it hurts more"
"Okay, I'm going to need you to open your mouth and if the pain doesn't subside within 10 minutes then we're going to need to take you to the hospital"
Taehyung nodded and opened his mouth. The nurse put some sort of pill under his tongue.

Jungkook's heart was beating in his throat as he watched Taehyung's face screw up in pain. He ran his hand down Taehyung's arm and gently unraveled his clenched fist to slip his hand into Taehyung's. Taehyung immediately grabbed onto his hand tightly.
"Go get him water" the nurse interrupted.
Jungkook looked up at him and saw the nurse holding a small plastic cup out to him.

Jungkook nodded and took the cup, pulling his hand from Taehyung's and setting off on his mission to find a water cooler.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Eventually he managed to find one and filled the cup before quickly making his way back to the medical room. He opened the door and saw the nurse checking Taehyung's heartbeat with a stethoscope. Taehyung's eyes were closed and Jungkook felt his heart stop "I-is he okay?" Jungkook stuttered out.

The nurse looked up at him and a warm, reassuring smile came to his face.
"Yes, don't worry he's just sleeping" the nurse told him and Jungkook breathed a sigh of relief.
"I was just doing some finally checks on him to make sure that he won't have another episode. He seems okay but if this happens again within the next 48 hours take him immediately to hospital okay?"
Jungkook nodded.
"Now you might want to take him back to his room. I need this bed clear in case someone else comes in. If he's still in discomfort when he wakes up, bring him back down to see me"

Jungkook went over to the bed and looked down at Taehyung's sleeping form, he could still see the sheen of sweat that covered his forehead and the remnants of tears on his cheeks. Jungkook carefully put his arms under him and picked him up.

He made his way to Taehyung's room, taking the key out of Taehyung's pocket and opening the door. He placed Taehyung on the bed, taking off his skates which he was still wearing from when Jungkook had found him on the ice.

Jungkook lay next to him, staring at him. He reached over and caressed his cheek gently. Taehyung stirred a little at the touch but didn't wake up. A smile came to Jungkook's face as he watched the boy, he was the one Kim Taehyung had chosen. He took comfort in the fact that Taehyung wouldn't allow anyone else to do this to him. With a smile on his face and his hand still on Taehyung's face, Jungkook fell asleep.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

When Jungkook woke up he felt a weight on top of him, immediately knowing it was Taehyung, he wrapped his arms around him. Taehyung was wrapped around him like a koala, his head buried in Jungkook's neck where Jungkook could feel his hot breath on his skin.

Jungkook carefully moved to check his phone, not wanting to wake Taehyung. It was 6pm and Jungkook had so many missed calls from Namjoon, Hoseok, Minho and even a missed call from Yoongi.
He sighed putting his phone back, deciding to answer everyone later. He rubbed Taehyung's back lightly and placed a light kiss in his hair.

He felt Taehyung gently kiss his neck.
"You awake baby?" Jungkook whispered.
Taehyung nodded "I've been awake for a while but I just wanted to lie here"
Taehyung leaned up on his hands and looked down at Jungkook before quickly placing a peck on his lips.

Jungkook reaches up to run his fingers through Taehyung's hair.
"Are you feeling better?"
"Yeah"
"Good" Jungkook smiled, pulling Taehyung back down so he could cuddle him.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

They lay like that for a moment until Taehyung pulled away to sit on the bed.
"Are you not going to ask?" Taehyung questioned.
"Ask what?" Jungkook replied sitting up to look at him, even though he knew exactly what Taehyung meant.
"What happened"
"If you want to tell me then you can. I don't want to push you to tell me if you don't want to"

Taehyung sighed and looked down, his hand reaching towards his wrist to play with Jungkook's bracelet, a habit he seemed to have adopted when he was nervous or tense. Fear rose up when he couldn't feel the bracelet.
He shot up off the bed to look for it, alarming Jungkook.

Jungkook's eyes furrowed as he looked at Taehyung.
"Are you okay? Have you lost something?"
"The bracelet you gave me, it's missing"
Jungkook got up off the bed "it's missing? How do you know, maybe it's in your bag. Have you checked?"
Taehyung shook his head "I had it but someone took it then I got it back and I had it in my hand and now I don't know where it is" he rambled.
"Wait, stop stop stop. Did you just say someone took it? Like stole it?" Jungkook interrupted.
Taehyung nodded.
"Why? How? Who?"
"Ye-Jun took it, he must've saw me looking at it and thought it meant something to me so he took it"
"But why would he do that?"
Taehyung pauses for a moment then sighed "sit down, I may as well just tell you everything"

Jungkook nodded and did as he was told, his heart beating in anticipation of what he was going to get told. Taehyung took a deep breath as he sat in front of Jungkook.
"I'm pretty sure you'll have already noticed but, I'm sick" Taehyung admitted.
"What do you mean sick? How sick?"
"I have coronary heart disease"
Jungkook stared at him blankly for a moment before eventually whispering out "I didn't finish high school"

Taehyung's mood seemed to lighten as he giggled quietly at Jungkook "sorry, it basically means that sometimes the arteries that take the blood to the heart get clogged and it stops the blood from reaching the heart"
"Okay?"
"It causes angina, which is what you witnessed today, an angina attack" Taehyung continued, picking at loose threads on the bedding, refusing to look at Jungkook "that's why I take pills every night, it's to prevent angina attacks but sometimes they can happen anyway. For me, it happens if I do too much physical exercise"

"That's why my dad has such an issue with me ice skating but I can't stop. If I couldn't skate I don't know what I'd do"
"Did you skate too hard today? Is that why you had one?" Jungkook asked.
Taehyung shook his head "last year was my first year at worlds, I wanted to make an impression. So I practiced and practiced and practiced but it was too much. I had a heart attack so I couldn't compete.

Ye-Jun found out that I couldn't compete and why as his mother was one of the nurses that helped me. So today, he took my bracelet knowing I would go after him. I tired myself out"
"You mean he did this to you?" Jungkook asked, a slight edge to his voice.
"I think he doesn't want me to compete like with Yoongi last year, he was probably aiming for more than an angina attack which can be cured quickly"
"Do you think he wanted to land you in hospital?"
Taehyung nodded.
Jungkook narrowed his eyes "I'm going to kill that motherfucker" he growled.
"Help me find my bracelet first"
Jungkook nodded and they looked for the bracelet but couldn't find it.

"Why don't we go look in the medical room, you might've dropped it when you fell asleep" Jungkook suggested.
Taehyung agreed and they walked quickly to the medical room. The nurse was surprised when they walked in.
"Is everything okay?" He asked.
"Have you seen a bracelet anywhere?" Jungkook asked.

The nurse smiled at them "is it a gold one? I found it earlier when I was tidying up"
"Yes!" Taehyung exclaimed when the nurse brought it out from a drawer in his desk. He quickly grabbed it for the nurse and began putting on.
The nurse stared at him, slightly confused while Jungkook just smiled fondly at him.
"Thank you sir, he was missing it" Jungkook bowed to him before quickly leading him out.

"Now to find that bitch" Jungkook said, his mood changing instantly "go back to your room Tae and I'll see you later"
"Fuck no, I wanna give him a piece of my mind"
"I wasn't asking" Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung.
Taehyung gulped and nodded "I'll see you later"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Jungkook waited until Taehyung was out of sight before he began storming towards the ice rink where the figure skaters practiced, hoping Ye-Jun was there. He slammed open the door and saw a few skaters on the ice, including Yoongi. His eyes scanned them until he found Ye-Jun.

"You!" He shouted catching the attention of everyone in the room. He glared at Ye-Jun who just smirked.
"Yes?" He asked, skating to the edge of the rink.
"Outside now" he barked and turned round going back through the door.

He didn't have to wait long before Ye-Jun came strolling out into the corridor. Jungkook gritted his teeth at the smug look on his face.
"Can I help you?" Ye-Jun asked.
"What the fuck were you thinking?!" Jungkook yelled at him making Ye-Jun flinch.
"What'd you mean?" He asked his voice smaller than before.
"You could've killed him!"
"He would've been fine!" Ye-Jun argued "he didn't need to chase after me so it was his own fault!"
"I don't need to hear your fucking excuses! I should report you"

"No one will believe you, there is no proof"
"That's not the reason I'm not reporting you, the reason I'm not reporting you is so that I can watch Taehyung destroy you in the competition"
Ye-Jun scoffed "as if that's going to happen"
Jungkook laughed humourlessly "we'll see about that"
Ye-Jun rolled his eyes and turned to go back inside.
"Wait, one more thing" Jungkook said catching Ye-Jun's attention.

Before Ye-Jun could fully turn round to face him again, Jungkook swung his fist at his face sending out an almighty crack. Ye-Jun's hands went to his jaw as tears appeared in his eyes.
Jungkook tried to ignore the throbbing pain in his knuckles "if you ever dare come near Kim Taehyung again, I will personally see to it that you won't be able to feel a single bone in your body" Jungkook threatened.
Ye-Jun nodded and quickly scrambled away.

He heard a slow clap from behind and turned to see Yoongi standing behind him.
"I didn't think you had it in you, Jeon. I'm impressed"
Jungkook just stared at him, not sure what to say.
"Where's Taehyung?" Yoongi continued "I thought he would've wanted to see this, maybe throw in a punch of his own"
"I sent him back to his room, he needs to rest"
"And he listened?" Yoongi laughed "maybe you're not all bad, Jeon but don't think I've forgotten what you did" he finished before walking away.

Writing this book honestly makes my want a boyfriend so bad but I'm just a potato. Sadness. Here's a meme to help with the sadness

I actually bought my first ever BTS album, that might seem weird but I've only been an army for almost a year so this is the first proper comeback since answer was more of a repackage. So I bought Persona the other day. In case you're wondering I got Namjoon's photocard but I swapped it with my friend for Taehyung because my friend really wanted one of the rap line cause she's only ever gotten the vocal line before.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and now you finally know what's wrong with Tae. Honestly it's been hard to not spoil it this entire time. I've been hinting at it since like chapter 1.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604K 34.6K 46
Jungkook is a guy who's ego was as big as Nile river since he was a kid. When he became a model his arrogance sky rocketed. He would always have peop...
135K 3.5K 14
Jeon Jungkook is a cold CEO of Jeon corporations. He is cold and rude person. He doesn't like to show his emotion other than his loved ones. Kim Taeh...
25.1K 1.4K 37
Kim Taehyung, youngest CEO of the Korea. Owner of the no.1 company. Cold and arrogant for others but loving for his family and friends... Jeon Jungko...
512K 26.1K 42
Taehyung is the prince, soon to be king, of Eunoia , one of the best kingdoms going, with the best life he could possibly experience. Jungkook is al...