After the Crank (TMR Fanfic)...

By SaminaZilfan

Thomas had never been happy living in the safe place. he felt something missing. he couldn't forget about his... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Surprise
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
announcement

Chapter 35

210 13 7
By SaminaZilfan

29.4.19

--------

351

Newt led the way. He half ran with Thomas right beside him. Every step was taken without the slightest hesitation. Not afraid to get lost. He seemed to have mapped the entire WICKED headquarters in his head. That fact made Thomas relieved. He hoped that was what really happened. His friends already knew the intricacies of the WICKED headquarters so that the others would have no trouble in finding the way out.

Thomas slowed his pace when Newt turned left. Something he saw on the right held back his movements. He stopped. Not something, exactly someone. Or two people. He knew one of them. Very familiar. The girl must be Brenda. Shee didn't realize Thomas was watching her, too busy with a man around her.Before his mind processed it, he was approaching them. He couldn't just leave. Besides he must make sure Brenda came out of the WICKED headquarters safely, it seemed he couldn't let the scene in front him last any longer. They were very close to each other. Brenda even put her hands together on the man's neck and let the man touch his cheek.

"Tommy!" Newt called from a distance away. He just realized Thomas wasn't following him.

Thomas ignored Newt's call. However, it made Brenda turn to him. He found guilt in Brenda's eyes. He wasn't sure it was real because Brenda did not let go of his hand from the man. Brenda even did nothing when the man landed his lips on her cheek. Thomas squeezed his hand. Anger immediately filled his chest, mixed with pain.

"Tommy, this way!"

Thomas still ignored Newt. Only Brenda he cared about. But, Brenda turned her face away from him. Brenda stared at the man with a look that made Thomas's anger grew bigger and made his pain even more torturous. She still let his fingers traced her face. What does she? Thomas asked no one. The two types of emotions that filled him slowly erased his ability to think.

He could only let memories overflow on his head. All the memories that related to Brenda. Previously, he had never felt his memories with her giving a painful stab to his head. He thought she loved him. Or he had thought that for a long time. He did not know that it was very important to him until now.The man kissed Brenda's cheek again. Brenda closed her eyes for a moment. He seemed to enjoy what the man was doing. The pain seemed to be thrown at him. Strangely, he was still willing to hold his gaze and let his steps continue towards them. Maybe anger was taking over him now. He was led by an irresistible desire to keep Brenda away from the man, then landed his fist on the man's face.

"Tommy, what do you think you're doing?" Newt had moved, following him. The sound of his footsteps clearly heard. He suspected that Newt was only a dozen feet behind him.

Brenda caught the man's face. The man lowered his hands, wrapped them around Brenda's waist. Brenda put his face close to him. The thin distance between their faces was slowly erased. Thomas turned his face away before he saw the most painful part as Newt grabbed his hand, then without warning he pulled it. Thomas couldn't do anything, but ran along with Newt.

"What happened to you, Tommy?" Newt let go of Thomas's hand after making sure Thomas didn't resist him.

Thomas looked back and saw a completely different scene. There was no Brenda there. He only saw two Cranks who were now chasing them.

"Yes, what happened to me?" Thomas asked desperately. It was his second hallucination. Even though WICKED didn't dissect his head, they obviously had done something to him.

"What I saw was you interested in joining the bloody fight with those Cranks, Tommy."

"I saw something else," Thomas answered. He didn't think to explain in more detail. "Oh, shuck!" He was sure he really didn't need to explain after he saw a bunch of Cranks were approaching them from the opposite direction. They spontaneously decreased speed.

"It's really, shuck!" Newt had just turned his face and found the two Cranks who were chasing them leaving only a dozen feet away from them. Meanwhile, the other Cranks in front of them showed no sign of retreating.

Thomas stuck his back on Newt's, staring cautiously. "I think fighting them is not the right choice," Thomas muttered. He pushed Newt to took a back step.

"No without this," Newt lifted something, a knife.

Thomas looked at the knife, then to the Cranks that was getting closer to them. He tried to compare the knife and the ability of those Cranks that wouldn't hesitate to tear their skin with their sharp teeth.

"I'm not sure it will be very useful." Thomas tried to push the door next to him with his foot. The door was open. He immediately pulled Newt in through the door, then hastily closed it and held it with his body.

"Good idea, Tommy." He motioned Thomas to get away. Thomas did it quickly, one second before Newt rolled the closet until one it hit the wall so Cranks couldn't break through the door.Thomas sighed as he rubbed the sweat that slid on his forehead. He looked at the whole room and found no other door.

"How much time?"

"Not much." Thomas shrugged He was sure hecalculated the time correctly. An explosion loud enough to hear a moment later gave him a bit of clarity as well as doubt that Sphenson really gave him half an hour. "We are running out of time I think."

"Yeah, we have to fight the Cranks." Newt stepped to the door.

Thomas snorted, anxiety and despair. He followed Newt. Together, they toppled the closet. Thomas quickly held the door before the Cranks could open the door.

"Now!" Thomas stepped aside. The door opened instantly. The sudden movement made the Cranks—who was right in front of the door—pushed by their own power, some of them fell down. They took the opportunity to quickly push themselves out of the room.

A second explosion was heard. This time, the explosion caused electricity to die. The place became dark. They kept running. Thomas did it because Newt didn't stop. He thought Newt had something to deal with the darkness. That' was right. Newt took out his communication device and made the object emit ligh.

"Are we still far away, Newt?"One more turn," Newt answered three seconds before they turned. However, what they found after the turn was not something to be expected. Dead end. Blocks of brick block their way.

"Looks like the first explosion came from here," Thomas tried to translate the scene in front of him. He saw Newt nodding softly in agreement.. "You know the other way out, Newt?"

Newt ignored Thomas's question. He put his communication device near his mouth "Vince? Gally? Have you shanks come out? "

No answer.

"Vince? Gally? Answer me! "Newt began to look pale, making Thomas feel anxious. "Vince? Gally? Anyone, answer me? Have you come out of the this buggin't place? Gally? Vince?"

"Newt," Gally said. Just like Newt, Thomas also got a little relief from hearing his voice. "We're on the way. Aris got shot. We must bring him immediately."

Thomas frowned. His memory brought him back to a moment before he passed out. Apparently, Aris did come to him.

"Okay, Gally. How about the others? Everybody alright?

"We're fine, Newt. How about you? And Thomas? Have you come out? We left a car for you two."

"Okay. We'll be out soon. "Newt lowered his hand, ending his conversation with Gally. He turned his face to Thomas. "I'm not sure the other way can be passed." But, Newt turned around, began to walk.

Thomas followed him. They just moved five steps away when the next explosion was heard. Not only hearing it, they felt the direct effect of the explosion that came not far from them. Their bodies were blown away. Thomas found his back hit the wall, then a lump of debris that was no bigger than his fist fell on his body. Newt conditions was not much different. In anyway, that was better than their bodies buried in the ruins. Another good thing was that the explosion opened a way out for them. A hole was formed up there.

"You okay, Newt?" Thomas struggled to get up.

"This hurts. But, yes, I'm fine." Newt reached into his pocket. He pulled out something. With a little light from the hole, Thomas saw a small tube. "Thanks, God. This serum is also fine." He stuffed the tube back to his pocket.

"For Minho?" Thomas reached out and Newt hold his hand.

"Yes. We have to get back soon before this serum becomes useless." Newt let go of his hand, hurried to the exit.

Before thinking of something bad about Minho, Thomas hurriedly followed Newt who had tried to climb the bricks. Suddenly they got a surprise. Crank who came from somewhere hit Thomas, pulled him until he fell. The crank was quickly above him, attacking him with his sharp claws.Thomas used both of his hands as shields. He also tried hard to pucnh that Crank. While his efforts earned nothing, Newt had forgotten the track, immediately went to Thomas. He kicked Crank with all his strengtht, then helped Thomas to his feet. He took out the knife, pointing it at the Crank.

Unexpectedly, Crank was still approaching them. He hit Newt's hand hard, making the knife fall from his grip. Thomas rushed to pick up the knife. Unfortunately, the movement wasn't faster than that Crank. Even Crank's movements were too fast. Thomas didn't have time to anticipate. The knife was stuck in Newt's stomach. Thomas froze for a moment. He immediately attacked the Crank. He only managed to land a punch. The Crank ran away.

"Newt!" Thomas looked at Newt who was pulling the knife out of his stomach. Fresh blood flowed from the gaping wound. Horror and anxiety crept though his vein, making his hands slightly tremble.

"This isn't as painful as you think, Tommy. Believe me." Newt pressed one hand to the area that had not stopped bleeding.

Thomas shook his head. Newt cold lie with his expression. He could n't hide the wound though. Thomas wasn't stupid to think that wound was very painful.

"We must leave immediately." Newt walked past him. His steps were sturdy even though he was a little limping. He tried hard to cover up the pain.

Thomas went after him. He offered his hand to Newt, but Newt refused, convincing Thomas that he could do it. Thomas let him try. He strode right behind Newt's heels, watching Newt intensly and preparing himself if at any moment Newt lost his balance. Apparently, Newt could conquer the pile of ruins. They came out of the basement. No wonder WICKED made an underground headquarter, considering they also made a maze in the huge cave.

"Come on, Tommy! We need to get out of here before the next explosion occurs!" Newt patted his shoulder, breaking Thomas's brief daydream.

Thomas agreed not to waste time. He hurriedly lined up beside Newt. His gaze lingered to Newt, who now no longer could cover his pain. He grabbed Newt's hand, wrapping it around his shoulder. He thought he need to help Newt even though Newt didn't want it.

Behind them, bombs exploded one by one, causing a deafening noise. The land above WICKED's headquarters was sliding down. Dust agglomerated around there.

"It should be there." Newt muttered, pointing forward. "The car that Gally mentioned should be there."

Thomas only found buildings and empty street.

"I can't make it." Newt suddenly stopped.

Thomas tightened his grip on Newt's hand while Newt tried to let go of it. "We're gonna make it, Newt." He took a look around, searching for anything to ride.

"Thomas, let me go!" Newt begged. His weak voice explained his condition was getting worse.Thomas sat Newt, letting him lean against the wall. "You will be fine, okay."

Newt did not respond. He closed his eyes for a moment. His hands pressed against his wound.

"I will look for help."

Newt caught Thomas's hand before he could stand up. He shook his head, staring right into Thomas's eyes. "Tommy, bring this. Give it to Minho."

Thomas looked at the serum in Newt's hand. "Yes, we will give it to Minho. Together."

"No, Tommy." Newt held his hand tighter, not allowing Thomas to leave before accepting the serum. "I'm not gonna make it."

"I'm not leaving you, Newt." Thomas shook his head firmly.

"Then, you don't want to save Minho."

Thomas sighed in frustration. He hated the situation that was happening to him, as if he had to choose between two of his best friends, between Newt or Minho. He utterly couldn't put one of them first and let the other face his death. He wanted to save both of them. He desperately expected help to come.

"Tommy, Minho is dying. This serum won't be useful if that bloody virus has eaten his whole brain. We don't have much time."

"How about you?"

Newt forceds a smile. A very bad smile. "That shank needs us. Just focus on that, Tommy. I will be fine."

"But, Newt—"

"Please, Tom—"

Okay. Okay. "Thomas prevented Newt to continuie. He knew the phrase Newt would say and he really didn't like it. "Never say that again! Never!"

Newt smiled as Thomas took the serum tube from his hand. "The hospital where Hans works. You remember that buggin' place? That's where Minho and the others are."

Thomas hesitated he knew the way to the hospital from where he was now, but he nodded. "I'm coming back soon. Stay here!"

Newt nodded weakly. He let go of his hand. "Save Minho!"

"Try to stay conscious. Don't move anywhere! I'll be right back." Thomas hesitated to step back. He struggled to tell himself to turn around. It was Even more difficult to bring himself to keep away with a very strong urge to return. He didn't believe he was leaving Newt with stab wounds in his stomach, leaving Newt in pain. Alone.

He looked back.

Newt nodded at him. Vaguely, Thomas saw Newt mouthed a word, "Go!"

Thomas pulled back his gaze. He must immediately give the serum to Minho. He had to save Minho. Then, he must immediately get back here to save Newt. So, he started running.

***

---------

Don't for get to hit the star. thanks.

See ya,

love

Samina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 4.4K 14
When Thomas' best friend and neighbour Minho gets a new step-brother, Thomas is suddenly interested. All characters belong to James Dashner
50.6K 706 27
Hi!I am a big Maze Runner fan and so decided to write some preferences.I've seen the movies and read the books.However I will be going off of the mov...
19.7K 191 98
"I know it's hard to believe, but I never wanted this. I didn't mean to go this far. I only wanted the pain to stop." After waking up in the Maze, Y...
481 14 14
**COMPLETED** CHARACTERS OWNED BY JAMES DASHNER - though I have some original characters in the story that I made so that the plot could work! (Hope...