The Story of Her

By ramieyham

What would you do if the moment you wake up all of the things you know have all been forgotten? What would yo... More

The Story of Her
I. Her Awakening
II. Their Memories
III. Her Questions
IV. Sunday Routine
V. Reminiscing the Past
VI. Carpe Diem!
VIII. Opening
IX. Confrontations
X. Annoyingly Distressed
XI. Moving on
XII. Reasons
XIII. Sidelines
XIV. Pissed-off
XV. Anew
XVI. My Princess
XVII. The Royals
XVIII. Games
XIX. Love and Hate
XX. Unwanted
XXI. The Second
XXII. Her Music
XXIII. Unknown Reason

VII. Pain

67 1 0
By ramieyham

~~~~KAHEL’s POV~~~~

I am Kahel Gavin Hayase, 20 years old, 2nd year student, taking Civil Engineering here at LMPU.

Haaii… Tch… Another boring day… I am here in my Psychology I class, one of my minors this semester and am already bored even it hasn’t started yet.

“Kyaaaa. The former black prince went here just to accompany his sister?! He’s so sweet! Kyaaaa!!!” so early and those low-lifes are starting to get into my nerves again. Tsk.

And whose black prince are they pertaining to? As far as I know, it has been years since the black prince title was given to someone. Oh well, I don’t care.

And then I remembered, Prince and Princess titles are only given to those who are always at the top of the annual exams regardless of whatever year you are in. We’ll sort of top 15 students only. This school has this annual exam meant for ALL students to measure their knowledge of most of everything. You can say they’re testing your general knowledge of random things. Then Black is a title given to someone who’s not proud of whatever status he/she already has in terms of their family wealth. Calling themselves scholars instead. He’s something. Still boring. Why hide your family’s status or why not just use your parent’s money? There’s no harm on it. I guess.

Oh well, whatever.

Then now what? This Professor wanted for us to introduce ourselves? Is that for real? Do they even do this crap at other college schools? Tsk. Anyway, I don’t care.

Geez. I am acting like Damien now. I don’t know why. But it’s been months since I am like this. Well, I am not grumpy and snobbish at all before… before that DAMN accident that killed her. I still shiver at the thought. I looked at my arms. The cuts are still there. It’s was not that serious but I was still cut by the car glass window when the truck hit us. It was not that visible anymore. My mom asks my surgeon to use laser technology to make sure it will not be noticeable at all. But I know it’s just there. I can still feel the pain from that wound. But the pain of losing Ally is miles farther than of my arm wound. That incident changed me. I know that. Because, I am not the happy go lucky Kahel anymore.

My close friends are also worried of me at first. To my astonishment, so did my parents. They keep on trying to make me feel alive again by moving me abroad with Yukio, my cousin. However, they eventually gave in and sent us back here in the Philippines. Yukio is the same as me. They all thought that it’s only natural for Yukio to be so silent cause they know that it’s really his personality. He’s more of like the silent one. Mysterious, so as they say. Since he’s not talking too much, they are not that worried about him.

That’s all they know. Yukio is much affected as I was. I guess they were right, we are all traumatized. But we know, we are NOT. We were just trying to hide the pain of losing her by keeping it to ourselves. I just realized this after Anika confronted Yukio and me at home. It was few months after the accident when we came back from Japan.

“All of you are so pathetic! Damien is the same. Ally’s dead and we can’t bring her back. Move on guys! She is not the only girl in this world,” Anika is already shouting her frustration towards all of us.

I know she’s just worried about us and I know her point that Ally’s not the only girl in this world. But, I will go with what Yukio told her, “..yeah, right! She’s NOT the only girl in this world. It’s true that we can find some other person named as Alira, or Freya as well. True that she’s not the only girl in this planet. But she’s the ONLYgirl who made me realize what real love is! NO OTHER girl in this world BUT HER. And that girl is already dead without knowing how much I love her!” after that, Yukio walked out. Anika and I were shocked not just knowing Yukio’s true feelings for Ally, but also because it’s probably the longest phrase he said for as long as I can remember. Well I sort of considered that Yukio has feelings for Ally just like me before, but hearing it coming from him was way too shocking than I had expected. Especially with those eyes filled with emotions. I feel for him.

It was probably the same moment he realizes that he’s already keeping in too much pain. Well, I guess it’s really like that. The moment you realize the pain that kept hidden on you for a long time is the moment you’ll realize how big the changes it already inflicted on you.

In his case, he became more distant. No one can enter his world anymore. As for me, I became iced-cold just like him. We were still by each other’s side like we used to since we were kids. But we know that we’re both different now. We changed. It’s like part of us were forcibly taken away that same moment Ally died. I felt my heart burns with just this thought.

All along, I was wrong. I thought it was Anika that Yukio likes. I thought it was her that he cherishes the most. I did not see this coming. I thought I already know him that much. I did not expect that it’s really Ally who he has feelings with. I felt like I was stabbed at the back by the person I trusted the most.

The day after, we searched for him as we did not see him all night after that confrontation with Anika. We found Yukio in his room with hands still bleeding and his mirror are all broken into pieces. Yukio is not the type to do this. He’s not a hard-ass. That is when I realized that he really did love her. Instead of anger, I pitied him.

He just probably realized that he’s still in pain and is just hiding it just like the rest of us. I can’t blame him anymore. Ally is not hard to love at all. Well aside from her pretty face, you’ll fall for her as soon as you know her.

I sighed. Yukio. How is he doing nowadays? I hope he’s currently well.

Yukio and I were cousins. More of like brothers really. We grew up together. He’s the silent type and I am his opposite. The outspoken one. When we’re still kids, our parents often joke about us being the North and South Princes. You know the magnet’s two sides? Though we we’re opposite, we still attracts.

Yukio Toshiro Hayase the North prince and Kahel Gavin Hayase the South prince.

My thoughts were interrupted when I looked in front and saw this girl who was just inside my head earlier. The reason of my chaotic thoughts right now. I blinked my eyes because I thought that she’s just a figment of my imagination.

But, shit! It’s her. Unsure why, I stood up and looked at her. Trying to figure out how come she is still standing in front me and was about to introduce herself.

I-i thought she was dead?

Isn’t she?

Ally is dead.

Carried by our own wheelchairs, we are all there at the hospital the day the nurses pronounced she was dead. That girl can’t be her. But I wasn’t in her burial so I cannot confirm, right? It’s a possibility she’s alive right now.

I was transported back to Japan with Yukio right after her operation. Moreover, Anika said the same thing. Damien and Paul looked devastated after that incident as well. So it can’t be a lie. We all know that she’s dead. As for Luke, I don’t have any idea where he is right now. He got the same injury as Ally but I guess he survived knowing how wealthy his family is. His father will do his best to save their one and only heir.

Unlike Luke, Ally’s a different story.

This girl really looks like her. Though her hair is shorter than what I can remember. But still, the face, eyes, and lips. They’re all hers.

“Is there something wrong Mr. Kahel Gavin Hayase?” our professor asked. Ooops, I was really standing far too long already. I just needed to confirm something. She doesn’t have to call me by my complete name. I exhaled noisily for our professor to hear it.

Fine, we have time later.

And then she smiled. Not the Ally’s smile I know. So I guess it’s really not her. How could she be? Right?

“Nothing, Miss,” I sat down and looked back at my notes scanning nothing at all unable to concentrate anymore.

“You may proceed,” said our professor to her gesturing to finish introducing herself.

URGH! SO STUPID of me! Why do I have to stand up earlier, I can just wait for her to finish introducing herself right? Another stupid move Kahel. Why do you always look so stupid in front of her? It’s been only what? 16 months? Gre'at, 16 months of not seeing her then you suddenly saw someone who happens to look like her and you end up still looking so damn stupid. She’s dead remember? And besides, in the first place, how you can be so sure that it’s her? She did not even look at you not until she saw you standing.

“Hi class, my name is Alira Freya Dionela, you can call me Alira for short,” damn, I am so DAMN right! She is Ally. I wanted to hug her right now, but my legs are not moving.

And another thing is bothering me. How come I felt like she’s not the Ally I know? And how come she doesn’t recognize me at all? Something’s wrong with her and I needed to find out what it is.

The class started.

It feels like it’s the loooongest hour of my life.

I can’t concentrate during this whole time knowing she’s just near me. Geez. This is so not me!

I don’t know if she still has classes after this so I needed to do this real quick.

She was about to go out the room when I called her, “Ally, wait!”, she did not stop. “Alira!?” I shouted.

All of our classmates for this subject looked at me. I don’t care. I needed to talk to her.

“What is she? She’s new right? How come she’s snubbing our Ice Prince?” said one of the low-lifers.

“How could she?”, agreed by the other one. Geez. If they were not girls, I’d probably punch them straight to their faces. They are so frustrating.

She stopped and faced me, “Yes, Mr. Kahel Gavin Hayase?” she sounded irritated. I wanted to hug her right now. I felt like crying. But I composed myself.

 “I’m sorry for being rude earlier, staring at you and all,” I started, she just sighed.

“… but, don’t you recognize me?” I ask feeling hopeful.

~~~~ALIRA’s POV~~~~

 At last, it’s time to go out. I can’t concentrate the whole class because of this guy named Kahel staring at me. As if I can’t feel his stares the whole time, right? Does he not even know that STARING IS RUDE?! Jeeesh. He’s so irritating.

And I need to hurry. Pii-Bii’s waiting. He’s probably miles hungrier than he is earlier.

I was about to go out the room when I heard someone, “Ally, wait!”.

Ally again? Is that even me? I know Damien called me Ally once in his café but I doubt some other people who knows me -that I obviously forgotten- is also in this school right?

Since that ‘Damien recollection thingy’, I can't recall anything anymore. All I know is that Damien is part of something I had forgotten and that I remembered him playing that piano piece.

Not unless fate is really toying with me right now, this Kahel guy isn’t supposed to be what I thought he is, right?

I don’t want to force myself again on remembering things. It’s not good for me. It’s too painful. I know there are some things that felt so wrong but I cannot risk on pushing my head to recall them all at once. With that head pounding I’ve experienced the last time, I guess I will not compel myself anymore. I know I’ll eventually remember all of them in due time.

“Alira!?” he shouted as if he’s what? Confused that I did not face him immediately? And that voice is the same as what that Kahel guy has when I heard him talked earlier.

All of our classmates for this subject looked at probably my pursuer first and then at me. Luh?! ME?! And then people started to mumble things about me and Kahel. Jeeeeeessh! I am now the center of their conversation. Not again. I hate this!

“What is she? She’s new right? How come she’s snubbing our Ice Prince?” said one of the girls on the next room. She’s probably the same girl who called Pii-Bii black prince earlier. So this school has fan girls club too huh, I thought it was just in mangas and books I’ve read? I didn’t know that this silliness really exists in real life. Wait, is this school even normal? Calling good looking people with Prince and Princess titles? Yeah, Aldie and this Kahel guy is really good-looking, I admit that. But, we’re in a university right? We’re not high school students. Tsk.

“How could she?”, agreed by another girl beside her. Gosh! If looks can kill, I’d probably be dead by now because of their stares. Tsss.

I stopped and turn around to face him, “Yes, Mr. Kahel Gavin Hayase?” I said sarcastically but not too much. I don’t want to offend anyone on my first day. Especially a prince. I don’t know what privilege this Prince and Princess title has given to students who owns them on this school yet. Not until I know who I am facing with, I need to stay calm and compose.

 “I’m sorry for being rude earlier, staring at you and all,” oh that, I sighed. Then he continued,

“… but, don’t you recognize me?” recognize him?

“What do you mean recognize you?” I asked curious now. I guess fate is really playing with me right now.

“It’s me, Kahel. Your high school classmate. I’m Yukio’s cousin. One of your classmates as well. With Damien and Anika, and Luke and Paul. Don’t you remember those names? Us? Your friends,” he asked so many questions at the same time and told me names I can’t even figure out where they came from. He’s so desperate for some reasons. And there it goes again. My head throbs. And now, it’s more painful than the first time with Damien. More of like excruciating.

It’s really troublesome if I kept on remembering things all of a sudden. It puts pressure on me. I know I wanted this. But every time I am recalling something, there’s always pain. After my encounter with Damien, I told my therapist about this pain I’m feeling (not telling them that I recalled someone) and they told me that this is just probably psychological and there’s nothing to worry about. I just needed to calm down.

I closed my eyes and touch my forehead trying to cool myself.

“Ally? Are you okay?” that Kahel guy asked with a worried voice.

“Aya?!” here comes Aldie. Though I can’t hear him well, I know its Aldie cause no one aside from my mom and brother calls me Aya.

He sounded so vexed. He must not see me in this state. He’ll worry much more than he already is. He turned me around and hugged me. Oops, too late.

“Kyaaaa!!! The former black prince is really here. I thought it was just rumours!” with all those commotion and all, my head continued to pound like there’s a hammer pushing nails down to the core of my brain.

“And our South Ice Prince is here too!, Kyaaaa!!” said by another one. Jeeesh. If I can just throw this hammer pounding on my head at them, I’ll gladly do so. Tsk.

“What are you DOING TO HER?!” he shouted to Kahel and everyone became silent. I moaned. This is better. But I can feel their stares at me. At us.  

“Nothing, I was just asking if she can recognize me, I did not do anything man!”, Kahel said defensively and almost has the same worried tone as well.

“Al, let’s just go. I’m okay now. It’s just a headache. And besides, you’re hungry right?” this time, he sighed but did not heed what I said.

“YOU, STAY-AWAY-FROM-HER!” he shouted to Kahel. He’s sometimes scary if he’s mad like this.

But I am already frustrated of what happened just now so I can’t stand this anymore.

“Aldie Harris Yu! If you wanted to break his neck right now, go ahead! I won’t stop you! But don’t you dare talk to me again if you’ll do so! And you Kahel Gavin Hayase! I don’t know what you’re talking about so please stop asking unnecessary things! I don’t want to talk with any of you right now so don’t you dare follow me!” I stomped out of the corridors knowing that all eyes are on me. I don’t care! I just needed some air. And for the first time since I woke up in that accident, no one did follow me.

I felt free.

And then tears are already flowing down my cheeks. I can’t help myself. I am really frustrated right now. I don’t know why. Pain and hurt then free and pleased. So many emotions mixed altogether.

I am also hungry. Huhuhu. My breakfast was ruined because of those two stupid, brainless, insensitive guys. Tsk. I went inside a girls CR and stayed there for I don’t know how long till I calmed down.

I checked my watch, it’s just 9:25. I still have few more minutes left till my next subject. I needed to find cover. I walked outside and asked a guard where is the location of my next room and good thing it was on the next building.  I don’t have to go back yet to those corridors full of dim-witted people. Tsk.

Found my room and there are still classes on going so I went back outside the field and sat on the grass. It felt nice. I closed my eyes to feel it more. I heard my tummy growled. Yeah, I forgot. I am really hungry.

Then I smelled hotdogs. I opened my eyes and saw hotdog in buns sitting beside me. I took it up and searched for the owner. No one was even near me. It’s probably Al. So took a bite. Smiling again.

Then I saw a note fell from the covers that says:

                Eat well.^.^

He’s really sweet. Weird though because this is the first time I saw smileys on his notes. I left it at that.

I went inside my next class and almost forgotten what happened earlier, when I felt I saw Aldie outside the corridors. This class is a 3 hour period class because it’s laboratory.  One of my minor subjects as well that most of students with BS courses should take mandatorily. Part of the curriculum so to speak.

Its way after lunch already and all I’ve eaten earlier was hotdogs. Of course, I am now in REAL hunger mode.  Then I saw a chocolate bar on my side table with the same note.

            Eat well.^.^

It’s probably Aldie again. I just smiled wondering how this chocolate bar happens to be just beside me and gave up when I can’t answer myself and then ate it.

After class, I hurried to the canteen hoping I could eat peacefully. Then someone I remembered from my laboratory class approached me.

“Did you enjoy the hotdog and chocolate bar?” How did he know that? Not unless he’s the one who gave those to me. Nah, it can’t be. It’s Pii-Bii doing. I looked at guy in front of me confused.

And then I saw a man who looks like a model you can see in magazines and billboards. A perfect jaw, nose, white teeth with a body that is so lean just like a real model. Those who endorses stuff such as shoes, shirts, pants and of course, guy’s undergarments. I think I blushed with that thought.

He seemed to notice my bewilderment so he answered by showing me a note;

                Eat well.^.^

Jeeesh. It did not come from Aldie but from him. If I only knew. Ha! I would still eat it of course. I am way too hungry to be choosy.

“Oh, it came from you?” stating the obvious in a monotonous tone. “Sorry, I thought it was from my boyfriend. I already ate it. So tell me, how much was it and I ‘ll just pay you.”

“Nah, it’s yours. You look like you really need them earlier. And besides, I guess we’ll be classmates for the whole semester so I can still get to see you next time. Probably treat me by then. See yah around,” he gestured like a goodbye salute and walk off. He did not even let me speak anymore. What a guy.

~~~~PAUL’s POV~~~~

News in this university is really like a speeding bullet when it travels. It’s been six months since I started taking up medicine in this school and I still can’t get used to it. Though most of the students in here are all conceited, most of them still act as if they are obsessed. Like they are all from a fans club of this so-called Prince and Princess System in this university. They all came from a well-known family so I cannot get the idea of this royalty craze. A week from now, the new set of royalties will be posted and they will know if their bets are on the list.

Well, I actually don’t care about this stuff. It’s just that I saw a familiar face when I scanned the list of prince and princess who took up medicine just like me on our department board after I enrolled here in the university. He’s there. Lira’s doctor.

I will never forget him! He’s the one who operated Lira. He knows. And this time, they will not be able to brush me off just like before. I needed to know what happened to her. I can’t just accept the fact that she’s gone after that stupid operation.

Everything that happened till now is all just one big farce. The whole thing seemed to be so surreal. To think that she’s already dead is way too absurd. I still believe that she’s still here hiding somewhere. Or probably, they are just trying to conceal her. From us. As long as I will see not see her myself, I won’t believe any single thing they’ll say about her being gone. Even if yesterday could continue unchanging into forever, I would still wait. Wait till I’ll see her once again. I will not lose hope and be defeated by pain.

Unlike those guys! I can’t believe all of them! To think that they all love her. Yes! I know that they love her. That is one reason why I am so frustrated. Some of them probably don’t know or haven’t realized their feelings yet for her, but yes, I can sense them. That is the main reason why I did not court Lira. Aside from our friendship will be affected, I am also afraid that I’ll lose her.

Those dim-witted guys, they are so feeble! How can they easily accept such piece of information without any evidence at all?!

But for me, that day will not be the end. And today, I know that I’ll find the answer I’d been looking for ever since. 

Aldie Harris Yu. The answer to everything.The key to finding her.

I’ve been trying to reach out to him since I got better but they keep on telling me that he’s out of the country. Now he’s within my reach.

When I arrived earlier, I heard some girls talking that they saw the previous black prince here in the university. I asked some of my girl classmates who are they referring to and verified my thoughts. It was him. They’ve told me that they heard rumours saying that some girls spotted him earlier at building A with his sister.

Just by hearing that, I ran back towards my car and drove off to building A.

As I was going further inside the corridors, I’ve spotted the stage play everyone is engrossed with.

There’s this tall guy who happens to be enfolding someone, a girl, in his arms facing towards another guy. Looks like a love trouble. I think I’ll go now,--- ooh.. wait, is that KAHEL!?

I haven’t seen him for months. What he’s doing in here involved in this ruckus and all? And the tall guy, he seemed to be familiar as well. Oh, right! You’re so stupid Paul, he’s that doctor! And Kahel outrun you to him. Tsk. Did he think as well that finding that doctor was the key to finding Lira?

Oh well, I don’t care. I just needed to find her, that’s more import--- “Kyaaaa!!! The former black prince is really here. I thought it was just rumours!” Oh great! I forgot that of course, fanatics are clouding the whole scene.

“And our South Ice Prince is here too!, Kyaaaa!!” screeched by another one. I guess they are referring to Kahel. But, Ice? Since when he became an Ice Prince? Geez. Good thing I was not part of this craziness.  

“What are you DOING TO HER?!” tall guy shouted to Kahel and everyone became silent. Her? Did Kahel do something to that girl he’s embracing with? He’s still as dim-witted as he is. Always making a girl cry. Tsk.

“Nothing, I was just asking if she can recognize me, I did not do anything man!”, Kahel said in his defence. I can see that he’s worried too.

“Al, let’s just go. I’m okay now. It’s just a headache. And besides, you’re hungry right?” said the girl trying to sway tall g---.

At the time her voice registered, it hit me. It was her.  Just few steps away from me. I can’t be wrong. I will never, ever forget the sound of her voice. Lira is alive. Though someone is already by her side right now, I don’t care.  I am way too happy to be mad at him for lying to us before.

Stupid Kahel. Did he not recognize that tall guy is the same doctor who operated Lira? Though I know that it’s possible he can’t remember him because everything was so fast phased that time, I can’t still believed how he can be so stupid. 

“YOU, STAY-AWAY-FROM-HER!” he’s so mad. Also, I noticed that his tone is so commanding.

Lira shove tall guy. She seemed to be frustrated now.

 “Aldie Harris Yu! If you wanted to break his neck right now, go ahead! I won’t stop you! But don’t you dare talk to me again if you’ll do so! And you Kahel Gavin Hayase! I don’t know what you’re talking about so please stop asking unnecessary things! I don’t want to talk with any of you right now so don’t you dare follow me!” that’s my girl! Ha!

Still the same pretty face. Shorter hair but still as beautiful as what I can remember. Tall guy can wait. I followed her.

As we got outside corridors, I can see lesser people. The ruckus probably went on inside and all of them are still there enjoying the show. She went inside the girls comfort room. I can see that she’s already crying.  Soft as ever. I wanted to hug her right but something’s telling that it’s not the right time. Probably because of what Kahel said earlier, “…I was just asking if she can recognize me, I did not do anything man…”. What does he mean she can’t recognize him?

Few minutes after, she came out. All composed now. Good. One of her good qualities I know is that she can take care of herself. She’s not like some other girls who only how to cry and dwells on it too much disregarding their priorities.

She headed outside and asked a passing guard. After that, she headed to the next building. Probably checking the room for her next subject. Geez. I felt like a stalker right now.

I can’t help myself anymore and I am so bothered with what Kahel said earlier so I’ve decided to confront her just like what he did.

She suddenly turned around and faced me. She smiled and started walking towards me. I smiled too. I missed her. And so her sunshine smile.

When she’s near enough, I was about to say something but she just passed by like she saw nothing at all. I was so confused so I turned around and saw her walking the same direction we had earlier headed back outside. She really can’t recognize me. And probably all of us.

The smile I had earlier unexpectedly turned into tears.

And then flashbacks of the accident came rushing in, dredging up memories I don’t want to remember. Memories that I kept hidden at the back of my mind keeping all the pain I had suppressed since that day. Lira and Luke all bloody. Anika and Damien missing. Yukio and Kahel unconscious while I am also half-conscious myself. 

I looked at her trying to understand everything. An idea came in to mind of the possibility that had happened to her and I know one person that can answer me. That doctor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...