Moving Forward ~1

By Vampirediaries1996

Mystic Falls has always been the same. Nothing happens here. Everyone knows each others business if you like... More

New Year, Same Me
That's Not Hate
Match Made In Heaven
Darkness Is Coming
Aftermath of the Attack
Comets Flying By
Suspicion
Dinner Disaster
Team Spirit
Changes
Founder's Parties All Day
Carwash and Cemeteries
Secrets
Temporary Breakups
Towel Girl
The Truth Comes Out
The Beginning of The End
Life Turning Upside Down
Decade Dance
Trust
Tomb Games
Isobel's Past
Eligible Bachelor's
Double Date
Another Funeral
Drunk Stefan
Facing Bonnie
Miss Mystic Jitters
Where Is Amber?
Isobel
Compulsion
Fireworks
Hospital's and Kisses
She's Here
Vampire Carnivals
Research Becomes Reality
Wolves and Barbecues
Cat's Out of the Bag
Moonstone
Masquerade and Danger
Elijah
Katerina
Kristen Stewart
Making Deals
Losing Part of Yourself
Werewolves
True Intensions
Hosting a Killer Dinner
Journals
The Fun's Just Getting Started
Warnings from the Witches
60's Dance
Klaus
Sacrifice
Rebirth
18
Smoky Mountains
Chili
Doppelgänger Blood
First Day of the New Year
Bonfire
Ghost World
Mikael
Homecoming
Hybrids and Coffins
Birthday or Funeral
Beginning of Darkness
Mother of a Ball
A Mother's Love
Unlinking
Makeup and Betrayal
Dark Times
Another Funeral
Hunters and Hallucination's
Miss Mystic Round 2
Connection
Snowflakes
Is Silas Real?
The Cure
Can We Cheat Death?
Grieving and Moving On
Prom
Graduation

Three Sacrifices

5.7K 165 69
By Vampirediaries1996

So it wasn't Hayley. I was never going to have Klaus and her sleep together. It was always going to be Sofia and Sofia only.

Caroline and Stefan are freaking out with the council being stricter with vampires in town. Even putting vervain in the water supply now numerous hospitals are having their blood bags go missing. They all think it's Elena or even worse Silas. He didn't stay on the island and Bonnie is talking all this shit about how she can bring everyone we know back if she drops the veil to the other side between us and supernatural creatures who have died. There would be no separation and I don't know how this would be a good thing but Bonnie is hell-bent on continuing with her expression magic to get it done. "So a few blood bags go missing from a few hospitals." Klaus helps himself to the Salvatore's bourbon even offering me some but I shake my head. I must have eaten too much because my stomach is upset. "What about Elena? Don't vampires with their humanity off tend to overindulge in human blood? Or were you the exception?" He pokes fun at Stefan.

"It's not Elena." Stefan is adamant about this.

"Well let's say for a moment that it was Silas. I'm struggling to see how this affects me."
"Look, Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love, but he's supernatural, and so if he takes the cure and dies, he gets stuck on the other side."

"How Shakespearian."

"Klaus you should take this seriously." I say.

"Thank you, Sofia. If he destroys the other side altogether, he can take the cure, die, and pass on. But destroying it, every dead supernatural being will return to our side."

"That means every werewolf, witch, vampire. I wonder how many of those you personally killed. Care yet?" Caroline sasses at him and that grabs his attention.

"My interest is piqued. How do we stop him?" Klaus asks Stefan.

"Bonnie said Silas needs to complete massacres to do this spell. Before professor Shane died, he convinced the pastor to blow up the council. Next, he had you kill your hybrids. And now he only needs one more massacre, so if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him."

"And how do you suppose we find someone that no one knows about or what he looks like?"

"That is the million dollar question."

We take a visit to Shane's old office after hours to look for evidence. "What are we even looking for?" Caroline asks as we step inside.

"Well if Shane was really working with Silas, chances are he was helping him plan his next move." Stefan says confidently.

"Or we've come here for nothing." I say as all I see is clutter.

"Where on his evil villain to-do-list? Steal blood, perform 3 massacres, pick up the dry cleaning?" Caroline jokes.

"Actually not to nit-pick. But we evil villains usually use minions to pick up our dry cleaning, that sort of things." Klaus jokes.

"What do you guys own that needs dry cleaning? Sorry, my sister burned our family home down and I literally have no clothes, anything sentimental." I say still angry.

"Again I wish I could have stopped her." Caroline says to me. "And why is he necessary? Sofia is a witch and can do locator spells but Klaus is..."

"Well, we don't know what Silas can do, so if we do have to go head to head with him, an Original Hybrid who can't die might come in handy."

"Besides, Stefan and I work well together. Or at least we did in the twenties."

"Well granted my emotions were off."

"And that's why you were more fun." I drown them out as I spot a book that I noticed the last time I was in Shane's office. "Don't underestimate the allure of darkness, Stefan. Even the purest hearts are drawn to it." I lock eyes with Klaus and he winks at me. I shake my head and bring the book over.

"I found something." I place the book down for us all to look at. "Symbolic Figures in the Dark Arts." I read aloud. Caroline and I look through it and stops at one page.

"Didn't Bonnie talk about expression triangles?" She asks Stefan and he nods.

"In some schools of magic such as expression, human sacrifice can be used as a focus for power. It's rumored that the addition of two supernatural sacrifices compounds the mystical energy, creating an expression triangle." I read off.

"Humans." Caroline points to one part of the triangle. "The council fire. Demons, Klaus' hybrid failure."

"Well, I wouldn't exactly call it a failure. What's the third?" Klaus asks.

"No." I say as I look at the last symbol. "Witches." I say.

__________________________________
Caroline finds a map of so we can pinpoint where the next massacre will occur. "There's been two massacres. Pastor Young's farm is here." She draws on the map. "And the old Lockwood cellar where you spitefully slaughtered 12 f your own hybrids is here." She makes a straight line. "According to the book, the expression triangle is equilateral, putting it here." Caroline explains

"Somebody's been skipping their geometry classes. There are actually two places where the third massacre could be" Klaus interrupts.

"Well, you didn't let me finish." Stefan comes back in.

"Did you find Bonnie?" I ask him.

"No, but I talked to her dad. I think I found Silas.

__________________________________
I follow closely behind Klaus as we trek through the woods with little light. "Are we going the right way?" I ask.

"Losing faith in me so soon love?" Klaus reaches for my hand and pulls me close to him.

"Never but I don't feel good about what we're going to walk into."

"Do you fear Silas?"

"I fear someone who needs their power from sacrificing 36 people." We walk in silence. "So you think I'm drawn to you because of your darkness?" I ask him and even with little light, I can see him smirk.

"You heard me?"

"It was hard not to."

"Well, you're wrong."

"How so?"

"I'm drawn to more than just your darkness. You love for art, nature and I guess you're not too bad on the eyes."

"I'll wait until after graduation and then I would love to take you away."

"You keep bringing this up."

"Cause I want to spend my life with you Sofia. Leave this godforsaken town and explore. I want to romance you and show you what it's really like to be loved."

"You really know how to woo a girl."

"Thousand years of practice for the right woman." We stop as we hear Stefan screaming. Klaus picks me up and speeds us to him.

"They're linked. Bonnie's going to kill them." Stefan explains to us.

"Not if they kill her first." I say feeling uneasy seeing my best friend all my life pinned down. It reminds me of when Esther did the same thing to me when she was trying to kill all of her children. Klaus pushes Stefan to the tree keeping him from moving.

"Klaus we need to save her." I say.

"She trapped you in the house like an animal while they went to that island where your brother died."

"We still need to save her." I beg him.

"How? The only way to stop the witches is to kill them, and then Silas gets what he wants."

"Bonnie's not going to die for this." I walk over and start chanting. All of the witches grab their heads in pain.

"You!" The one who is holding onto Bonnie looks to me. She tries to counteract my spell but I fight back.

"Let her go." I continue to chant. She starts chanting louder and so does the rest of the witches.

"I will do no such thing." She fights and readies to stab Bonnie in the heart. Before I can do anything Caroline races over and plunges the knife into her chest. "AHHH!"

"No!" I hear Klaus scream before I pass out.

__________________________________
Klaus POV

"Are you okay love?" Sofia wakes up not being able to sit up on her own.

"Is Bonnie okay?"

"You almost got yourself killed." I say holding her tight.

"She's my friend Klaus. My family, I would do anything for her. She needed my help."

"I don't like you risking your life like that. I don't know what I would do without you." She looks up at me and just looking at her I melt under her gaze.

"I'm sorry for worrying you. I'm fine. Just a little overwhelmed. 12 witches was a lot for me."

"You handled yourself well."

"What happened after I passed out?"

"Your friend Caroline killed the main witch and completed the sacrifice."

"Do you believe Silas will bring the end to us all?"

"I have no idea love, but I will protect you no matter what." I kiss her forehead.

"And I will do the same for you." She sits up now and I cradle her face in my hands. Resting our foreheads together. "I'm not a weak human Klaus. I'm strong enough to fight whatever comes at us."

"I hope you never have to."

I agreed to help Caroline burry the bodies of the twelve witches since she's feeling a wave of guilt for what she's done. Sofia is back home resting and all I want to do is rush to be by her side but I know helping Caroline would be the right thing by her. "There, 12 raves for 12 witches." I stab the shovel into the ground with a grunt. "Like it never happened. Only it did happen." I grab my jacket. "And now Silas has everything he needs to open the gates to hell on Earth."

"You were just gonna let Bonnie die." She says to me with anger in her eyes.

"I know arithmetic isn't your strong point, but one is still less than 12."

"Yeah, but that one is my best friend. Sofia's best friend. Sofia even did something to save her."

"Tell yourself whatever you need to so you can sleep at night."

"I just killed 12 people." She starts getting upset but it doesn't work on me.

"Hey, you look like you're in need of comfort." She nods her head. "Why don't you find someone less terrible you can relate to?"

"How can she love you?" She calls out before she leaves.

"That's not your problem."

"Sofia is family to me and I care about her. She didn't fight nearly as much with her sister until she started dating you. She didn't fight with her friends until she met you."

"She wasn't as strong as she's going to be since she's met me. You all think you know what best for her but you all toss her to the side like she's nothing. But to me she's everything. So goodbye Caroline." She runs off not saying another word. I start to leave but a presence behind me makes my blood run cold. I turn and see the professor we've all be talking about.

"Thank you. Of the 3 massacres, this is the one I was dreading."

"Silas I presume. I'm sorry mate, don't have it." I state to his question about the cure.

"But you know who does. And the last thing you want is for the cure to be used on you. So you bring it to me, and it won't be. You get to live with that beautiful witch of yours Sofia isn't."

"Don't ever mention her name." I warn him. "With all my dead supernatural enemies from The Other side. You know you don't scare me, Silas. Or Shane or whoever you are."

"I think I know what does." He pulls out from his pocket the white oak stake which does strike some fear in me.

"Now where did you get that?"
"Well, let's just say your sister's mind is a little easier to read than yours. So... Care to reconsider my offer?" I rush at him but he vanishes. Like he wasn't even there." Ahh!1" I scream as I feel him stab the white oak stake into my back. I fall to the ground in pain as he continues to apply pressure.

"I missed by an inch, but don't worry. I'm not trying to kill you, not just yet." He breaks off the end of the stake into my back leaving it there. "Just a little something to remember me by." He pats my shoulder and walks off. "I'll be in touch."

__________________________________

I somehow get myself back home in agony. I call out for Sofia but she's nowhere to be found and I'm in too much pain to look for her. I start by trying to get the stake out. I scratch and scream but nothing. I can't reach it and only cause myself more pain the longer it's lodged in there. I call Sofia's phone and leave her messages but still nothing. "Klaus?" I hear her sweet voice and my breath a sigh of relief as she comes into the room. "What happened?" She runs to my side.

"Silas. He attacked me. He stabbed me with the white oak stake. A piece of it is still inside me."

"Klaus that could kill you." I chuckle at her obviousness.

"I certainly feel like I'm dying." She reaches forward and caresses my face. She holds my face in both her hands making me look at her.

"And as much as I would love to watch you die, you still haven't found me that cure."

"Silas." I push her away falling to the ground in pain.

"That's right. Last night I looked like Shane. Today I look like your love Sofia. And tomorrow, who knows?"

"Show me your real face?"

"Now why would I do that when I can look like whoever I want you to see." She steps forward forcing me to back up almost having my skin be burnt by the flames of the fireplace. "Resist me all you want, but until you bring me the cure. I will bring you nothing but misery." And just like before he's gone.

__________________________________

Sofia's POV

I needed some food and Klaus hadn't come back from burying the witches with Caroline. I took his car but before I could even get anything he was blowing up my phone with calls and texts. I come rushing back into the house. "Nik?" I call out.

"Go away." I hear him say and I head into to the living room seeing him on the ground with his whole body covered I sweat as he leans on the piano stool for support.

"What happened?" I ask him concerned.

"I need more time." He mutters. "Stop hounding me!" He yells.

"What are you talking about?" I bend down to him and try to touch his arm but he jerks it away. "I was on my way to get some food since you didn't come back with Caroline. She demands me to help with the prom committee but..."

"Sofia?" I stop talking as for the first time I hear such vulnerability in his voice. "Is that really you?" He gets the strength and pulls himself on the bench leaning on the piano. "Prove it to me."

"Prove what?"

"Anything." He begs.

"The first time we had sex was at the Miss Mystic Pageant outside and..."

"Okay, it's you."

"Why did I need to prove myself?" I ask bending down again and this time he allows me to touch his arm.

"Silas. He stabbed me with the white oak stake. There's a little piece of it stuck inside me." He explains as he motions to his back.

"Why would Silas attack you?" I ask.

"Well, I was in no position to ask questions. Suffice to say, I'm hurt. My love, I need your help."

"Of course Nik." I look to where he's pointing and I see a blood-covered hedge clipper on the ground. I pick them up. I help Klaus up and have him lean on the piano for support. I try touching his back to locate the piece of the stake but I can't feel anything. I try being as gentle as I can but there is nothing.

"Ahhh!" He calls out as he bangs on the piano every time I move the clippers. "You could be a little more efficient love." He barks at me.

"You could stop micromanaging. I'm doing my best and I'm telling you there is nothing there."

"I can feel the splinters moving towards my heart! Get it out!" He screams out in pain.

"Hey, I'm trying stop yelling. There's a lot of blood and I can't see anything. Maybe Dr. Fell could but I can't."

"You need to do something now!"

"Sit your ass down. This is not how we're going to speak to one another as we move forward with this relationship!" I get in his face and weirdly enough a look of relief is seen.

"It's gone."

"What?"

"The pain." He reaches back to feel where his wound is. "The pain is gone." He shuts his eyes in frustration. "Oh, see it was never there. He got in my head. Silas, he got in my head." He grabs my hand and holds it over his heart. "You took my mind off it. You brought me back my love." I bring Klaus into a hug rubbing his back.

"If Silas can make you believe that you're dying, what can he do to the rest of us?"

If Sofia were to join Klaus in New Orleans what would her future be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569 17 4
𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓼 𝓐𝓼 𝓘𝓽 𝓢𝓮𝓮𝓶𝓼... ★☆★ In a small town called Mystic Falls, where everyone knew each other and nothing bad ever...
29.1K 608 31
When Leah Black moves to the new mysterious town of Mystic Falls, she finds her self intertwined with the supernatural world. This leads her to meet...
500K 10K 38
After the incident is 1864 everyone in mystic falls including the Salvatore brothers assumed their youngest sister was dead. She had fled the town to...
ꜱɴᴏᴡ By qx

Fanfiction

25.7K 1.1K 9
ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋᴀᴍᴀʀɪ ᴀʀɪᴇɴ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏꜱᴛɪᴄ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ !DIS...