Silver Lining

Od MeltingSnow2307

It's Harry, Ron and Hermione's final year at Hogwarts, but Voldemort is still on the rise. With Snape's faile... Viac

Chapter 1: New School night
Chapter 2: Thoughts
Chapter 3: Revenge
Chapter 4: A Christmas Present
Chapter 5: At the Christmas Ball
Chapter 6: Forgiveness and Letters
Chapter 7: Civilising, Making Out and Returning
Chapter 8: Telling Them the Truth
Chapter 10: Potions and Detentions
Chapter 11: NEWTs
Chapter 12: Ready to Fight
Chapter 13: War
Chapter 14: The End of War
Chapter 15: A Present
Chapter 16: Tears
Chapter 17: Breaking Up
Chapter 18: Graduation
Chapter 19: Memories
Chapter 20: The End

Chapter 9: The Truth Behind the Apology

315 6 0
Od MeltingSnow2307

Chapter 9: The Story Behind the Apology

After what seemed like hours, Ron finally opened his mouth. 

“Why didn’t you say before? She wouldn’t have anything to do with Malfoy-“

“But enemies,” Harry interrupted angrily.

“Yeah, but enemies, if you told your feelings you had towards her. You guys might even be going out now!”

“What about you Ron? If we went out, you would be left out. Especially since you broke up with Lavender.”

“How did you know I broke up with Lavender?” Ron asked with a tone of amazement in his voice.

"You sat down with us instead of her. Normally, you would sit down with her. If you didn’t break up with her why else would you be sitting with us?” Harry finally grinned. “So, any reason?”

“As a matter of fact, yes. Luna seems lonely.”

“Is it out of pity?”

“No. Look, why can’t you forgive Hermione?”

“You can be so thick sometimes. How would you feel if Luna started going out with someone? Would you forgive her easily?”

“Yes. When you really like someone, you would want that person to be happy, and you wouldn’t be selfish by wanting that person all to yourself. Though you would want them to be with you, but sometimes, it can’t be achieved.” Ron ended with a sigh.

Harry stared at Ron, flabbergasted. When did it come to Ron giving him girl advice?

“If you’ve got a sister who knows everything about it, you will know too,” Ron said quickly, seeing the look on Harry’s face. “So, now are you going to forgive Hermione?”

“Fat chance. Come on Ron. I will if she’s going out with anyone else, but seeing as it’s Malfoy…” Harry ended his sentence, not exactly finished, but there was a sort final tone his voice.

“Don’t you know? Girls don’t give up on their boyfriends or crushes easily. Look at Ginny.”

“You’ve got a fair point there.”

Harry and Ron spent the rest of the morning before their first lesson chatting about ‘stubborn girls’.

(*)

Slytherins and Gryffindors had DADA, Potions and Charms together. Draco noticed that during all of those lessons, Hermione sat by herself. She didn’t put up her hands up as much, but stared down at her books. Slightly worried about this, Draco tried to pursue her after Potions, but got stopped by his mother, who turned out to be asking him, if he was being well fed without his usual sweets she sent him.

After Defence Against the Dark Arts, Lupin called him back to clear up the mess he made while trying to defend off the Forngether. Finally after Charms, he had the chance to go find Hermione. Draco found Hermione sitting at the foot of the Grand Staircase.

“Hermione, did something happen?”

“I told Harry, Ron and Ginny about you know, our relationship.”

“How did it go?” Draco asked, very eager to hear their reaction.

“Ginny was perfectly fine with. She was a bit shocked at first, but she got over it pretty quick. Ron, I don’t know, but Harry is the problem. He went a bit hysterical, and we had this giant fight. “

“You know, I’ve always wondered, why does Potter always have to ruin things? Always!”

“He can’t help it. It’s he’s nature. Too easy to frustrate.”

“Don’t worry Hermione. I swear, by the end of the week, he’ll be saying sorry. If he doesn’t use his chance, then I’ll make him. I’ll give him my chance.”

(*)

Three days had passed since Draco told Hermione that he’ll make Harry say sorry. Nothing happened. Every time they passed each other, Harry would walk right pass her. As if she was wearing an invisibility cloak.

However, on Friday evening, Hermione was sitting by the fire, reading quietly. When Harry came through the portrait, and sat opposite to her.

“Hermione? Can you stop for a while?”

Hermione looked up from her book.

“What do you want?”

“I just wanted to say, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I was out of my mind. I think Malfoy truly loves you. I think he even changed a bit for you. If he hasn’t, I know he will”

“Um, okay. I accept your apology by the way. I know you didn’t mean to say that.”

“Thank you for forgiving me. I deserve to be never forgiven.”

“Not that harsh! If you’re never forgiven, who’s going to check your homework? Surely Ron will be on the same line?”

Harry was going to protest. “Oh who am I kidding, yes Ron and I need you.”

(*)

“Draco! You’re amazing! How did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Make Harry forgive me. You didn’t do anything against the school rules did you?”

“Nup!”

“The how did you do it?”

“Ah. It wasn’t as simple as I thought. It cost me this.” Draco pointed to a burn on his arm.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay Draco?”

“I’m fine. You’re worth it, I wouldn’t do it for anyone else.”

Harry walked out from Transfiguration, gnashing his teeth furiously together. He had earned himself extra homework. Ron walked beside him, equally annoyed. Hermione already dashed off to the library.

They walked turned around the corner, and saw Draco Malfoy talking to Zabini, Crabbe and Goyle. Harry darted behind a suit of armour, and pulled Ron behind as well.

“Do you think Potter will apologise to Hermione? I’m really worried about her. Not herself these days. If I don’t hear from Hermione that Potter has said sorry to her in three day’s time, I’ll hex him.”

“I never knew you would do anything for that Mudblood,” said Zabini.

“DO-NOT-CALL-HER-A-MUDBLOOD! Pernaticlous!” Giant banana shaped like things erupted all over Zabini’s face. “That’s for calling my girlfriend a Mudblood.”

Harry turned towards Ron.

“You know, I think I owe Hermione an apology.”

“You never know, that ferret could be acting.” 

“Yeah. I’m going to keep a close watch over him for the next few days.

(*)

Harry tailed close behind Malfoy under his invisibility cloak. He was walking very fast. Harry had to make sure he didn’t make any noise on the stone floor as he walked.

“Potter is going to be dead today.” Draco said to Crabbe who was huffing and puffing behind him. “Three days, no apology.”

“Did you want me ferret?” said Harry taking of his cloak.

“As a matter of fact, yes. I’ve come to give you a little late Christmas present. Pernaticlous!”

Protego!”

The spell bounded of the shield in front of Harry. Malfoy ducked just in time. 

Tarantellegra!”

Expelliarmus!”

 They both ducked. The spell nearly hit Harry by inches.

 "Petrificus Totalus!"

Draco, unaware of this sudden attack, dodged as quickly as he could but he felt something burn on his arm. He flicked his wand, and Harry, who thought Draco was injured and could duel no longer got hit directly on the chest. Harry froze on the spot.

 “See? That’s what you get for not apologising to my girlfriend, and for not trusting me. And come to think of it, Hermione too.”

 Draco turned to go, but as he walked, he flicked his wand back, and cast the counter curse on Harry. But Harry still stood on the spot. Draco Malfoy didn’t go out with Hermione because he wanted to hurt her feelings, but he had true feelings for her.

 "Oi!” Harry ran down the stairs. “Malfoy!” Draco turned around, he was wearing his usual smirk again. “Do you truly love Hermione? Will you do anything for her? Even change yourself to a different person?”

“If she wants me to do that, yeah. I want her to be the luckiest girl in Hogwarts ever.”

“Yeah okay, listen. If I ever hear something about you doing anything to hurt Hermione’s feelings, you will never ever be alive to walk out of this castle. Is that understood?”

“Then that means, I’ll always be alive then?” He turned around, and went into the dungeons.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

84.6K 3.7K 12
When Harry Potter arrived to Hogwarts six years ago, he was sorted into Slytherin by the sorting hat. To say the professors and headmaster were shock...
494 26 12
Draco has been put into a life or death situation. His 6th year at Hogwarts was going to be the most stressful of all. That was until he found someth...
19.8K 644 25
After the Battle of Hogwarts, the war continues on when Harry was unable to beat Voldemort. The Golden Trio narrowly escaped Hogwarts and meets up wi...
2.1M 53.2K 40
Summary: Marriage Law Fic: The War is over! The Golden Trio all return for their seventh year, but there's a surprise in store! They have to get marr...