Silver Lining

By MeltingSnow2307

It's Harry, Ron and Hermione's final year at Hogwarts, but Voldemort is still on the rise. With Snape's faile... More

Chapter 1: New School night
Chapter 2: Thoughts
Chapter 3: Revenge
Chapter 4: A Christmas Present
Chapter 5: At the Christmas Ball
Chapter 7: Civilising, Making Out and Returning
Chapter 8: Telling Them the Truth
Chapter 9: The Truth Behind the Apology
Chapter 10: Potions and Detentions
Chapter 11: NEWTs
Chapter 12: Ready to Fight
Chapter 13: War
Chapter 14: The End of War
Chapter 15: A Present
Chapter 16: Tears
Chapter 17: Breaking Up
Chapter 18: Graduation
Chapter 19: Memories
Chapter 20: The End

Chapter 6: Forgiveness and Letters

399 5 3
By MeltingSnow2307

Chapter 6: Forgiveness and Letters

Hermione awoke, and found herself still in the dress robes she was wearing last night. Ginny was sleeping deeply in Hermione’s couch. Hermione got up and tiptoed to her closet, walking the carefully, trying not to wake Ginny. Unfortunately, she accidently bumped her knee on the post of her bed. It would have alright if she hadn’t howled in pain.

“Huh? Hermione? What happened?”

“No, no, I’m fine! I just accidentally bumped my knee.”

“Oh, I thought there had been an attack or something!” 

“Sorry!”

“Come on, let’s go and have some breakfast.”

They go dressed, and went out to the Great Hall. By the time the post owls had already arrived, Ginny had stuffed herself with toast. An owl landed in front of Ginny, and stuck out its leg. Hermione got the letter off the leg and handed it to Ginny. Ginny swallowed and opened it. Her eyes scanned the letter and groaned. 

“What’s up?”

“Here,” she handed Hermione the parchment.

Dear Ginny, 

I believe that the Christmas Ball has passed, and that there would still be some days left of the Christmas holidays. Can you please come back for the Christmas holidays?

Mum

“So, are you going home?”

“Well, I’ll have to. I’m sorry Hermione. I really want to stay with you, you know. But when mum says she wants me to go back, she means it. I don’t want to die of young age!”

“Er, I get the message.”

(*)

Hermione walked aimlessly around the corridors. Ginny left in the morning, so now she had no one to talk to. It was really boring, so she decided to go to her favourite place- the library. She turned the corner, and shivered. This was one of the gloomiest corridors in Hogwarts.

“Arghhhhh!” 

She screamed because someone grabbed her arm. The person who grabbed her slapped a hand over her mouth.

“Shhhhh!”

It was Malfoy.

“What do you want this time Malfoy?”

“Look, I didn’t mean to kiss you at the ball. It’s just that I was really frustrated that you didn’t want to dance with me.”

“Yeah, likely story.”

She tried to tug his arms off her, but was unsuccessful. 

“Please! Can you please forgive me?”

“Fat chance,” she said.

“Please!” his voice was sounding desperate. “I really want you to forgive me.”

“Yeah, forgive you? You’re dreaming.”

“Look, I know you hate me for calling you a mudblood, and the other things I’ve called you. I’ve been a downright git.” Finishing his sentence, he punched himself. “I really want you to forgive me. I didn’t mean to you know, the others sort forced me.”

“You expect me to believe you?”

“I swear I didn’t want to. I, Draco Malfoy, swear to Hermione Granger, that I had no intention of calling her names.”

Hermione’s heart slowly melted. She was stunned at his words, but she wasn’t a hundred percent sure she wanted to forgive him. She didn’t even have a chance to think, because his lips attacked hers again. 

Hermione tried to detach her from him, but he held onto her tightly. She tried punching him, but it was no use. Her moves, slowly stopped, she noticed that he was a great kisser. His lips weren’t dry like Viktor’s lips. They were slightly damp, but they weren’t too wet. Slowly she kissed him back.

About a minute after, they detached themselves from each other, staring at each other.

“Does that mean I’m forgiven?” he grinned sheepishly, very unlike himself.

“I have to go,” Hermione smiled herself and walked off.

Well, this is it, I’ve forgiven him, and that might mean going out in the future. Hermione thought.

She came into the library, and she breathed in the familiar smell of the Hogwarts library. She went to the nearest aisle of books and started scanning through the books.

Half an hour later, she emerged from the library with a week supply of books. She went into her room. She had the whole place to herself having that Ernie also left after the ball.

“Great. I wish I haven’t finished all my homework now,’ she said to herself.

She was still deciding what to do when she heard a tap-tap-tapping sound. She turned around to see Hedwig tapping at the wall. Hermione walked over and opened the window. Hedwig fluttered in, and landed on the coffee table. She stuck out her leg with two letters attached. 

“Thanks Hedwig.” She stroked Hedwig softly. Hedwig hooted and flew out of the open window.

The two letters was from Harry and Ron. She opened the one from Harry first.

Dear Hermione,

I hope you’re well. Both me and Ron are very well. We have had a really good Christmas. How was yours? I hope Malfoy isn’t bothering you any way. If he is, send an owl to me and Ron, we’ll think of something to get him back!

Write back soon!

Harry

P.S I hope you liked the Christmas present I gave you. Mind you, it was supposed to be a cloak and cap, but Ron took the cap as he said he couldn’t find anything.

Hermione finished the letter, grinning. She knew the cap was part of the cloak. Hermione opened the second letter, which was by Ron.

Hi Hermione! 

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas. I enjoyed mine greatly! I loved my presents. Though I wish Lavender gave me something more useful… Anyway, I hope Malfoy isn’t bothering you anyway. If he does, give him a peace of your mind.

Write back!

Ron

Hermione finished the letter with an exasperated sigh. Every letter he wrote to her was like this. So enthusiastic. Both letters were similar so Hermione only took out one piece of parchment. She also took out a quill and a pot of ink. With everything she needed, she began writing her reply.

(*)

“Hurry up Harry!”

“Ok! I’m trying!”

Harry was thinking furiously. He and Ron were playing a game of chess. Ron, as usual was winning, so Harry was thinking furiously for a plan to win. Unfortunately he was interrupted by an owl tapping on the window.

“Bloody hell! What is it?” he said angrily.

“It’s Hedwig, I think its Hermione’s reply.

“Oh!” Harry’s gloomy face immediately changed into a bright, happy face.

He bounded over to the window, and opened the latch. The owl flew in, and landed onto their chess board, which messed everything on it. 

“Look what is done!” Ron complained.

“Don’t worry! We’ll just start another game!” Harry said brightly.

He ripped open the letter he had detached from the owl. 

“Hey look! It’s a reply from Hermione!” he exclaimed.

“Don’t be so excited! It’s just a reply.”

“Here, I’ll read it out to you:

Dear Harry and Ron,

My Christmas was great! Apart from something I’ll tell you guys when you come back!- What does Hermione mean, why can’t she tell us now?”

Ron shrugged and gestured for Harry to keep on going.

“-I know you will be thinking why I’m not telling you now. It’s because, I don’t really want anyone to know this, and in case this falls into the wrong hands. Ginny knows, but I don’t want anyone else to know. Malfoy hasn’t been bothering my anyway, so I don’t need to give him a piece of my mind Ron! I also loved your presents. I knew the cap was part of the cloak!”

At this point, Ron’s ears turned pink. Harry smirked at him, and continued with the letter.  

“I can’t wait until you guys come back! There’s only two weeks! 

Hermione”

“Can we start a new game Harry?” Ron asked as soon as Harry finished the last syllable.

“I don’t really feel like it. Plus, I want to write back to Hermione. Ask Ginny.”

“Blimey Harry, I thought you liked chess. Oh well, I’ll ask Ginny.”

He went out of the room to get Ginny. Harry got a piece parchment, a quill and a pot of ink.

Dear Hermione,

I’m glad to hear that Malfoy hasn’t been bothering you. I can’t wait to see you again. Even if it that means starting school again! I’m glad you liked our presents. 

Hope you have fun for the rest of the holidays. Stay away from Malfoy.

Harry

(*)

Hermione walked down the corridor to the library. Three days had passed after Harry’s last letter. She was really bored, and read a whole week worth of books. She entered the library, and went to a random shelf. She pulled out a random book, and read the title.

“The Mystery of Mysteries, what an odd name.”

She put it back up on the shelf and reached out for another book, and pulled in down the shelf. 

“The Mystery of Mysteries. Huh?”

She looked across the shelf. They were all ‘The Mystery of Mysteries. She opened the first book, and read the first sentence. It was the same sentence as ‘Hogwarts: A History’.

“There’s definitely something wrong,” she said out loud.

“Very clever Mudblood,” said a snide voice behind her.

She whipped around to see Malfoy standing there, hands in pockets. Hermione’s face turned into snarl. She thought Malfoy had meant it, she was tricked. Again.

“I thought you were sorry.”

Malfoy burst out laughing. He doubled up with laughter. Hermione’s hands clenched into a fist, and she grinded her teeth.

“Hermione, you are soooo funny. Can’t you even stand a joke?”

Hermione relaxed. 

“Why are you so mean Malfoy?”

He clutched his heart, with a painful expression on his face.

“Ouch! I’ve been calling you Hermione all this time, and you still call me Malfoy?”

“Fine then, Draco.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 645 25
After the Battle of Hogwarts, the war continues on when Harry was unable to beat Voldemort. The Golden Trio narrowly escaped Hogwarts and meets up wi...
31K 665 20
Hermione Granger is transferred over to Slytherin to unlock her full potential by Professor McGonagall and not only is she a new Slytherin but she is...
61.7K 1.2K 23
{THIS STORY IS COMPLETED} Seraphina Malfoy, daughter of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, sister to Draco Malfoy, has been chosen by Lord Voldemort to carr...
201K 7.8K 23
After the Wizarding War, all the students who didn't complete their final year at Hogwarts have been invited to return. For Harry, this year is going...