Awakened (Teen Wolf) Book 3

By jinx1996

Anna has finally found out what her green eyes mean, but it was too late and now she has to deal with the con... More

Preface - Lose You're Mind
Chapter 1 - Jumbled
Chapter 2 - Alpha's Orders
Chapter 3 - Pain Makes You Human
Chapter 4 - I Need Help
Chapter 5 - Wake Up
Chapter 6 - Shooting Hoops
Chapter 7 - Oh God, I Can't Even Look
Chapter 8 - The New Girl
Chapter 9 - Coyote's Tip Toe
Chapter 10 - Alpha With Performance Issues
Chapter 11 - Trapped
Chapter 12 - Werewolf With OCD
Chapter 13 - Snapping Point
Chapter 14 - Tail
Chapter 15 - Broken Hearts
Chapter 16 - The Hot Girl
Chapter 17 - Jake
Chapter 18 - I'm Not Leaving
Chapter 19 - Scream!
Chapter 20 - Electrified
Chapter 21 - Coincidences
Chapter 22 - Working Towards Friendship
Chapter 23 - Shivering
Chapter 24 - Miguel
Chapter 25 - Fading Firefly
Chapter 26 - Runaway Stiles
Chapter 27 - Search Party
Chapter 28 - No Cure
Chapter 29 - Electrical Burns
Chapter 30 - Blown To Hell
Chapter 31 - Fade To An Empty Black
Chapter 32 - His Her
PLAGIARISING
Chapter 33 - Check
Chapter 34 - Seriously?
Chapter 35 - Play Time
Chapter 36 - Only One Person
Chapter 37 - Tears, Torment, And Trust
Chapter 38 - Man In The Shadows
Chapter 40 - Whose Ghost?
Chapter 41 - Bad Moon Rising
Chapter 42 - I'm Sorry
Chapter 43 - A Drop In The Ocean
Chapter 44 - Goodbye
Chapter 45 - Normal
Chapter 46 - There's Always Something Else
BOOK FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 39 - Oak Creek

9.6K 321 47
By jinx1996

“How did you know that if I saw Derek it would bring out my… homicidal tendencies?” I asked evil Stiles, who had found me at my house after I’d changed clothes.

“Like I said. I’m smart. It triggered the memory and by triggering the memory of murder you awaken your killer side and it took over, wanting to feel what it felt like to take a life again.”

“I didn’t kill Derek though.”

“No, but most of the fun is in the chase. I’d be too easy.”

“So what’s the plan, now?”

“I’m holding Lydia at Oak Creek and I now have Noshiko’s last tail.” He said and held it up.

“It’s a knife.”

“A knife with a lot of power. With it, I can take command of the Oni. We’re going back to Oak Creek now, the others will be there by night fall.”

“The Oni will lead them there correct?” He nodded. “So the gang and the ninja’s all show up at the same place at the same time because you took Lydia. When they get there, you’ll take command of the creepy demonic guys and kill everyone else. I assume you took Lydia for two reasons. One, so that she can’t use her power and tell Scott where you are before you’re ready for him and two, so that she can alert you to when they’re coming or when they’re close.”

He nodded again, “You are intuitive… I admire that. And I don’t admire a lot.”

I ignored him and continued. “If you have your invincible assassins, why the hell do you need me?”

“Need I remind you that you’re the one who was originally seeking me out? But, to answer your question… with you fighting against your friends you’ll be inflicting not only physical, but also mental pain, something I can’t achieve now that Stiles and I are separated.”

“He’s dying, though, so I’m sure they’ll be some.”

“Yes, but they’re in denial about what’s happening to him.”

“What happened to your stomach?” I asked, noticing the ripped shirt he was wearing and the bandage underneath it.

“It’s where the flies came from.”

I scrunched up my nose at the thought of it and the realized that that was why he sounded weak on the phone the other night. “I have one more question.” I continued without letting him respond. “What’s your name? I mean what can I call you? I can’t exactly say Stiles, that’s just confusing and if I keep calling you The Nogistune, it’s just weird. It’s essentially the same as calling me The Nix or The Werewolf.”

“Reese.”

“Pull that out of thin air, did ya?”

“He was the last person I possessed before Stiles.”

“You mean the dead, burnt army guy.”

He nodded, “Enough of this talk. We’re leaving.” He said and started for the door. He walked through it and closed it behind him when I caught up and walked outside, he was gone.

“Well… I guess I’ll be driving solo.” I muttered as I jumped in my car and started the engine.

It took longer than I thought it would take to reach Oak Creek and there wasn’t much there. I followed The Nogitsune’s, or Reese’s, directions and wound up at some creepy old building sight that looked like you could easily get lost in. It was built very similar to Eichen House. In fact Eichen house was right next door and it looked like they had once been a part of the same complex.

I walked through the gates and they creaked as I opened them. Old ferns were growing through the bars and a lock and chain had been broken, probably from Reese.

The hallways were empty and my boots echoes on the concrete as I walked down them.

“Well it’s about time… they’re almost here.” Reese said as he walked around the corner. “You ready to kill your friends?”

“Mmmm… friends aren’t my style.”

“Oh, I’m hurt.” He said sarcastically. “And here I was thinking we’d become pen pals after all of this.” He smirked. “What are your plans may I ask… after, I mean.”

“Oh, I don’t know. Move to Germany and find a nice little Lake to set up shop. Embrace my culture and all that. Do you think I’d look good with a tail?” I teased.

“Unless you somehow manage to kill your werewolf side I don’t think it’s possible to grow one, at least not in the mermaid sense, but if one day you do find yourself dragging men to the depths let me know. I’d say it’d be quite the sight to see.”

“How long do we have?” I asked, moving on.

“30 minutes, but Noshiko is already here.”

***

Stiles POV.

I was driving the Jeep with Scott next to me and Isaac in the back. Kira and Allison were making their own way to Oak Creek and we were about 30 minutes away. I wasn’t feeling 100%. It was getting worse. I was cold and my entire body ached. It was as if my life was draining out of me. I hadn’t told Scott, I didn’t want to worry or distract him, but I was pretty sure he was catching on. He wouldn’t admit it or say it, but I knew he was thinking it.

I’m dying.

Meredith, after about two hours, had finally managed to tell us where Lydia was. Isaac, of all people, had put the pieces together and said she was a Banshee. Anna I knew would be there with him. The image of the other night after she’d left the loft with me… or the Nogitsune, kept playing out in my mind. He’d attacked her after she angered him, but then she gained control. There was no emotion in her eyes, she would have killed both him and me without hesitation if she didn’t want more. It was strange. The Nogitsune was without a doubt evil, but he still had emotion. I could feel it. A flicker of fear came about when she pinned him down, but after when their alliance had been established he was curious. There was something about Anna’s complete lack of concern for, well… anything that intrigued him. Something about her nature that he admired, respected and even… valued.

I looked over to Scott and saw he was looking at his feet with a worried expression. “You okay?” I asked him.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine.” He said, although not very convincingly.

“Okay, I’m gonna say it.” Isaac spoke up, looking at me. “You look like you’re dying. You’re pale and you’re thin. We’re all sitting here thinking it. When we find the other you is he going to look like he’s getting better?”

“What happens if he gets hurt?” Scott asked.

“What? Like if he dies, do I die? I don’t care.” I said, and I didn’t. “So long as no one else dies because of me. I remember everything I did, Scott. I remember pushing that sword into, twisting it.”

“It wasn’t you.”

“Yeah, but I remember it… and the bomb… Mr Fields…” I trialled off thinking about Anna’s dad.

“Anna doesn’t blame you for David’s death.” Isaac said. He was the only one that called Mr Fields by his first name. He was the only one Mr Fields had given permission to call him David, actually.

“She doesn’t blame me because she can’t feel anything and she can’t feel anything because of what happened. You guys got to promise me… you can’t let anyone else get hurt because of me.” They nodded, but again it wasn’t very convincing.

“Do we have a plan? With Anna, I mean.” Isaac asked.

“We could kidnap her and keep her tied down somewhere until we figure it out.” I suggested.

“I have a plan.” Scott said.

“What is it?” Isaac and I both asked at the same time.

“I can’t tell you.”

“Are you kidding me? What if you need our help? We need to know. Last night… I tried, but she didn’t come back… I thought she did, but… Scott it’s going to take more than just one person.” Isaac said. He hadn’t told us exactly what had happened last night. I was with Melissa who was trying to warm me up after the Oni gave me the mark of ‘self’ behind my ear, proving that I was me and not possessed. But apparently Isaac took Anna into her room so that they would be away from all the people at the party so he’d have a better chance at bringing her back. I guess with Isaac losing both his parents and brother he’d have a greater chance of connecting, but it didn’t work. Scott went up about 45 minutes later and Isaac barged through the door as Scott was about to enter rambling about how she had knocked him out with her alarm clock.

He’d been kind of silent after, like she’d wounded him more than physically or something and with how she was at the moment it wouldn’t surprise me if she did. Of course he’d recovered by now and was back to his usual annoying behaviour, but he still seemed anxious and snappy… more than usual.

“I’m not alone in the plan… Kira knows, but… if I tell you it may not work.”

“Why?” Isaac asked, persistently.

“Because if it doesn’t work than it could take a turn for the worst and we’ll try and stop you, correct?” I assumed.

Scott nodded, “I’m sorry, but… I spoke to Deaton and… with how bad she’s gotten it’s the only way.”

That’s all he said. Scott would never kill Anna, I knew that. I don’t think he was capable of it, I knew I definitely wasn’t and Isaac… well he was very unpredictable, but also not capable. At least not of killing her.

Kira, though. Why would Scott tell Kira? She’d only just met Anna. Yes they were friends, but they weren’t close. Would she kill her to save Scott or to save us?

***

Anna’s POV

Reese had taken me to see Lydia. They were standing at the bottom of a staircase that had bars down the end. I was sitting calmly on the top step. Lydia kept looking at me like she expected me to save her even though she knew I wouldn’t.

She had dried tear stains on her cheeks and fresh ones brimming her eyes. She looked back at the Nogitsune. “You’re nervous. You know they’re coming. You know they’re going to kill you.”

He looked at her and placed an arm on the wall beside her, getting really close. “And that’s exactly why I’m keeping you so close.”

More tears threatened to spill over as she looked back up at me. I smiled at her as Reese also looked at me. He let his hand drop from the wall and started to walk up the stairs. His hand brushed my shoulder as he walked past, again sweeping my hair back as he did earlier today, indicating for me to follow. I sighed and stood up, not bothering to take another look at Lydia as I followed him.

“What is it?” I whispered, not wanting Lydia to hear as we rounded the corner.

“They’re pulling up.”

“How do you know?”

“She’s trying to fight it, Lydia, but a banshee can’t, not really. By telling me that they’re coming, she inevitably told me that they’re here.”

“She also said you’re going to die.”

“That was a threat, not a prediction.” He whispered back as he averted his gaze.

“Or maybe you’re the one in denial.” I teased.

He placed his hands on the wall behind me, trapping me against him and the bricks. “Did I not tell you not to anger me?” he whispered in my ear, our cheeks barely a millimetre apart.

“You know by now that I only tease, otherwise you would have tried to strangle me again, but if I recall I won that last little battle.”

“That was when Stiles was still in me. I’m stronger now.”

“Well…” I smirked and brought my hand up, lightly running my index finger down his cheek, “We’ll have to test that out sometime. See if you’re big bad image is strong enough to overpower me.”

He leant in and whispered in my ear again, “Sounds like fun.” He let his hands drop and took a step back. “But for now go and see what they’re up to. I don’t know where Noshiko is, but I highly doubt she wants them here so will probably try and stop them.”

“They’ll separate, probably in two groups. Scott and Stiles will stay together. Isaac will be in the other group… one werewolf in each and Allison will stay with him. Kira could stay with Scott, but then again she’s probably with Allison and Isaac. Scott being the True Alpha wouldn’t need as much help as Isaac would. Noshiko will go to Kira first, protective mother and all. I doubt Allison travelled with Chris, she’s always going out on her own, but he won’t be too far behind. Derek no doubt is probably with him due to their recent bonding jail time. The twins I’m not too sure about. They’re as unpredictable as a thunder storm.”

“They’re with Derek.” He stated.

“How do you know?” He gave me a look that said, ‘because I know,’ and I rolled my eyes.

“Go out, who you fight I don’t care, but Noshiko is mine. The Oni will be here soon and only when they’re close can I take control.” He said as he took out the dagger.

“What do you do with it?”

“I break it. Now go.” I nodded and left, looking for someone, anyone.

GETTING SO CLOSE!!!!
The clothes Anna is wearing are posted in the Media. for the purpose of this chapter i thought it'd be weird to describe them, but I think they're cool and you need to see them. Especially the jacket. I LOVE the jacket. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 1.1K 37
Following on from the original Daryl's girl, a lot of things have changed in Lily's life. No one knows when or how the world will go back to the way...
156K 6.2K 28
It's a prestigious hotel. One that many would die to work in. You have the job of your dreams, working as one of the managers of the convention area...
403K 8.3K 49
What if Troy Bolten had a twin sister...Veronica Bolten who was the head cheerleader. Cover Credit: @-lucyistyping
28.9K 612 31
This is a fanfic from the TV show, The Walking Dead. I've added my own character, and her name is Bella. Read how she and the group cross paths. A...