Brave Bold Belle (ft. Liam Pa...

By BelWatson

I've always been a different kind of girl. That girl whose best friends were books but never kids her age, an... More

Before Reading!
Prologue - Unwanted Fairy-tale
Chapter 1 - The Deal
Chapter 2 - The Contract
Chapter 4 - Invitation
Chapter 5 - Birthday Party
Chapter 6 - Lies
Chapter 7 - The Treat
Chapter 8 - Tabloids
Chapter 9 - The Dress
Chapter 10 - The Call
Chapter 11 - Ariel Hamilton
Chapter 12 - Girlfriend's Duty
Chapter 13 - Fake Date
Chapter 14 - Nicer
Chapter 15 - Introductions
Chapter 16 - Premiere
Chapter 17 - A Thank You Dinner
Chapter 18 - Unnecessary Things
Chapter 19 - Thoughtful
Chapter 20 - Effort
Liam's POV
Chapter 21 - Meeting the Family
Chapter 22 - Rehearse Dinner Party
Chapter 23 - Disaster
Chapter 24 - New Approach
Chapter 25 - Boyfriend
Chapter 26 - Proud
Chapter 27 - A Good Kisser
Chapter 28 - Blurry
Chapter 29 - Paris
Chapter 30 - Like A Real Couple
Chapter 31 - Ethics
Chapter 32 - Brussels
Bonus Content: Waking Up
Chapter 33 - Walls
Chapter 34 - Weight
Chapter 35 - Deadline
Chapter 36 - Breakup
Chapter 37 - Wedding
Chapter 38 - Goodbye
Chapter 39 - Moving On
Chapter 40 - Fighting
Epilogue - For Happy Endings

Chapter 3 - The Jerk

69.6K 3K 431
By BelWatson

    “She can’t speak to the press,” Liam says as if I weren’t sitting right next to him. And he’s been doing that for a while already. It’s like only Simon is worthy of his words. I look at my dad and he has an apologetic smile. Next to him Havi has a sympathetic one and I sigh deeply.

What did I get myself into? Maybe I should’ve waited to meet Liam before I signed. I’m sure that I’d be in my room by now if I had waited. One word from that mouth would’ve been enough to say “hell no” to all this contract and pretence.

“Havi needs to make sure she won’t speak to any paparazzo,” Liam carries on, also speaking as if Havi weren’t in the room. It’s insufferable.

She is not an idiot and she won’t make you look bad,” I spat and he barely looks at me, clearly not believing what I’m saying. My fists are so clenched that my knuckles are white and the only reason I don’t really attack the popstar is because of my dad.

This has to be the biggest proof of daughter love in history.

“I hope at least she’s good in bed. I asked for that,” he mumbles ever so lowly and I don’t only feel my cheeks burning, I also feel this burning rage inside of me, clouding my vision. I’m seeing red right now and I’m afraid I might actually attack him.

“Don't worry, Liam, Belle will only pretend to be your girlfriend. She has a job and we’ll make sure to keep paparazzi away from her, unless you two are together,” Simon reassures Liam and I focus on trying to keep breathing.

What do they think I’ll do? Talk badly of Liam? Saying how big of a jerk he is? I wouldn’t do that! I’m signing a contract to pretend to be his girlfriend, why would I speak badly of my ‘boyfriend’? I’m not an idiot, you know?

“And she has to sign a contract that says she won’t say rubbish about me once this is over,” Liam demands and that’s it. That’s all I can get.

“For your information,” I raise my voice, glaring at him. He turns to meet my eyes, unimpressed. “I’m not some trashy girl you just picked on the street. I have manners, I have decency and no matter how big of a jerk you are, I won’t say anything to anyone about it because that’s no one’s business!”

“It is their business,” Liam says and I roll my eyes.

“No, it’s their excuse to make money, there’s a difference. And I’m not such a low-class-human as to sell your life or your dirty laundry. You have no right to think I could do that,” I exclaim, furious.

“You signed a contract to be my girlfriend, that doesn’t leave you in a good place,” he says cockily and I swear I see everything red. I’m so angry.

“I’m certainly not doing that for you! You are the one who demanded for a girlfriend, so you are no better,” I recriminate him and he smiles sheepishly at me.

“We’re two of the same kind, then,” he comments and I’m about to shout at him that we are nothing alike but Simon interrupts.

“For safety measures, Belle, could you please sign an agreement to never say anything about Liam? I know you won’t, but it’s to put Liam at ease,” Simon begs me and I can see the plea in his eyes. He knows he’s dealing with the mature one here and that I’m the only one who can take this seriously.

I sigh and close my eyes for a few seconds, trying to find my centre again. This kid will drive me crazy in the worst way possible.

“Fine,” I agree. To be honest, once this is over I don’t even want to hear the name Liam Payne again.

“And we’ll add this other point in the contract. I hope you don’t mind,” the CEO of Syco tells me and I shake my head. I have no interest in dealing with the paparazzi. In fact, I’m wary of that. “Excellent.”

So he and the same lawyer that made the changes before with me edits the contract one more time and Liam and I sign this time. I do this because I already signed before, I can’t refuse now that I met the other part of the deal. I should’ve been clever and waited to meet him, but that’s in the past now. I have to be responsible and deal with it.

After that, the lawyer leaves with a copy of the contract and my father says goodbye. I wish him a good day and Simon, Liam, Havi and I are left alone.

“I’ll be dealing with all you need. From your wardrobe to your transportations to all the events. During these six months there are a few premiers for different, including One Direction’s new film. The first premier you’ll attend with Liam is Clash, an action American film from another dystopia book. They did the main theme for the movie so it’s important. This will be the London premier,” Havi explains and I nod. “I’ll answer any question you have and I’ll be around at any moment. I’ll give you my number and you’ll be my first priority, so you can call any time.”

“Thank you,” I smile at her. I think this is too much, but I appreciate it.

“You can tell her if I misbehave,” Liam leans in and whispers and I’m about to slap him for invading my personal space like that.

He laughs at my reaction, at how quickly I jumped away from him. I don’t find it funny.

Havi hands me her phone and I give her mine. I also save Liam’s number and he saves mine. I notice he doesn’t even use my name, he just saves the contact as ‘girlfriend chick’. I still can’t believe I just signed to be his girlfriend for six months.

“Havi, take them to another room so they can talk and get to know each other,” Simon says and I turn to look at him. Do I have to spend time with Liam now? Why? Can’t it wait until it’s extremely necessary?

“Immediately,” Havi says all business like, and then she smiles at me. She knows I don’t want to do this.

Liam stands up and leaves first, without even saying goodbye to Simon. I look at him one more time and the CEO smiles sadly at me. “I’m sorry,” he says and I sigh. At least he knows I’m not doing this because I want to. And he knows it’s difficult. He’s also sorry because one of his clients is such a jerk.

I only nod and say goodbye, and follow Havi who’s following Liam. “I’m sorry you have to do this,” she tells me and I sigh.

“I’m sorry, too,” I say and she chuckles.

“If it makes any difference, he wasn’t like this before. I met him and the whole band when they just started. They were all such good kids. But it’s been four years and no one imagined a band like them would get so far. Many things have changed, even them,” the girl next to me tells me and I look ahead, at Liam’s back. I’ve heard before that fame changes people, I guess I’m seeing the proof now.

“I hope he doesn’t drive me completely crazy. I don’t want to kill him,” I say and Havi laughs.

“I’ll try to help you not to kill him,” she says and I smile thankfully at her.

Liam enters a room and soon we follow inside. It’s a regular room, with sofas, coffee tables, plants here and there, a coffee machine and a small fridge.

“Some of our artists chill out in this room. There are drinks in the fridge and food, but if you want something else you can call me. Also tea and sugar in the cupboards and well, you can see the electric kettle,” Havi explains and I nod. Liam is already on the sofa, making himself comfortable. I see him grabbing a remote and only then I notice the big screen on the wall. “Call me if you need anything,” Havi says and I look at her with desperation. I don’t want her to leave. “Sorry,” she mouths before she turns around and leaves us there. Just the two of us.

I don’t know what to do now. I don’t want to talk to him but I’m here. I signed this contract, I have to deal with this. So I take a deep breath and stand in front of him, blocking the view of the telly. He raises his brows at me but I just put my hands on my hips, trying to look intimidating. I’m short, but what I lack in height I make up for in presence.

“Let’s put the cards on the table, Liam. I might have signed that contract but I’m not your prostitute. I heard you saying that thing about good in bed and you can say goodbye to that thought.” He only raises his brows at me. “I won’t have sex with you and I won’t even like you. I actually despise you right now.”

“If you’re not a groupie, then why did you accept the deal? Why would you want to be my girlfriend? I mean, Simon didn’t even have to make a cast,” Liam questions and I roll my eyes.

“I don’t want to be your girlfriend. I doubt anyone in their right mind would want that,” I spat and his expression turns defiant. “I’m not doing this for you, I’m doing this because of my father.” His expression doesn’t show any sign of recognition. “The other man in the room that you just ignored. The man that was in a meeting yesterday when you stormed inside Simon’s office demanding for a girlfriend. I’m doing this to help my father, only because of him.”

“Oh, so your dad was about to get sacked so you accepted this to save his sorry arse?” Liam ventures and the humiliation is so much I want to slap him, but I don’t because in a way it’s true. I accepted this so my father wouldn’t get fired. Liam bursts out laughing. “Oh this is gold.”

“Shut up!” I snap but he keeps laughing. “You’re despicable. You have no manners, you’re rude. I regret signing that!” I exclaim and Liam stops laughing. “But I did sign it and I have to deal with it. That doesn’t mean I have to like you. I don’t.”

He doesn’t say anything.

“So if you only wanted a whore, you should’ve paid for one instead of asking for a girlfriend. I’ll only pretend to like you in front of the cameras so people won’t think you’re so insufferable that no one wants to be with you unless they are forced to, or paid to.”

He loses his cocky smile and now I smile at him, folding my arms, knowing I hit him where I needed to.

“I’ll do the best I can to make people think someone could actually be in a relationship with you, but I can’t be responsible for your actions. So if you go and are seen hooking up with other girls, you must know it’ll only make you look bad. I’ll be the victim, you’ll be the unfaithful jerk. If this is for your image, then look after yourself.”

Once again, he doesn’t say anything.

“Now excuse me. We don’t need to know each other. I don’t even want to know you so I’m leaving.”

And I do. I don’t want to be in a room with him. I don’t want to hear him saying offensive things again. I just want to be as far away from this place as possible and try to forget I’m actually in all this mess.

I pray to every god in existence that my father makes it this time because I don’t want all this sacrifice to be for nothing.

-:-:-

Okay, next update on Sunday! If nothing gets in the way. Comment and vote if you liked it!

Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 74 18
𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂 (6) "She's dead." "Dead? What does that mean?" The young girl asked with morbid curiosity. "It means, she isn't here...
202 11 13
"You wanna know what I think Ryder..." I mumbled across the room. "What" he said coldly. With tears brimming in my eyes I tryed to hold myself toget...
42.9K 1.6K 62
"I already killed your mother, Cam." As the words left my enemy's mouth like a mocking sneer, I growled under my breath at the mention of my old name...
Her Last Wish By Bia

Teen Fiction

684K 20.5K 39
Tiana Collin's life is horrible and she knows this. With an abusive father and a druggie for a mother and with absolutely no friends at school, she d...