Brave Bold Belle (ft. Liam Pa...

By BelWatson

I've always been a different kind of girl. That girl whose best friends were books but never kids her age, an... More

Before Reading!
Prologue - Unwanted Fairy-tale
Chapter 1 - The Deal
Chapter 3 - The Jerk
Chapter 4 - Invitation
Chapter 5 - Birthday Party
Chapter 6 - Lies
Chapter 7 - The Treat
Chapter 8 - Tabloids
Chapter 9 - The Dress
Chapter 10 - The Call
Chapter 11 - Ariel Hamilton
Chapter 12 - Girlfriend's Duty
Chapter 13 - Fake Date
Chapter 14 - Nicer
Chapter 15 - Introductions
Chapter 16 - Premiere
Chapter 17 - A Thank You Dinner
Chapter 18 - Unnecessary Things
Chapter 19 - Thoughtful
Chapter 20 - Effort
Liam's POV
Chapter 21 - Meeting the Family
Chapter 22 - Rehearse Dinner Party
Chapter 23 - Disaster
Chapter 24 - New Approach
Chapter 25 - Boyfriend
Chapter 26 - Proud
Chapter 27 - A Good Kisser
Chapter 28 - Blurry
Chapter 29 - Paris
Chapter 30 - Like A Real Couple
Chapter 31 - Ethics
Chapter 32 - Brussels
Bonus Content: Waking Up
Chapter 33 - Walls
Chapter 34 - Weight
Chapter 35 - Deadline
Chapter 36 - Breakup
Chapter 37 - Wedding
Chapter 38 - Goodbye
Chapter 39 - Moving On
Chapter 40 - Fighting
Epilogue - For Happy Endings

Chapter 2 - The Contract

79.7K 2.8K 859
By BelWatson

    After I agree to this deal Dad calls Simon, leaving me alone in the kitchen so I eat his chips as well. It’s the least he deserves after putting me in this situation. There was no way I could say no and he knew it. Sometimes I hate that my dad knows me so well and that he knows I would do anything for him. Sometimes I just wish he could put himself together and be the man he was, instead of this lost version of himself. But it’s been eight years, I doubt it’s going to happen. I honestly hope he’ll make it, this time, and I don’t mean the most successful album out there, but at least an album that sells so he can keep his job. And this girl is very talented, so for her own good, I hope Dad can make the best out of her talent. I know Dad has the potential to help her, he’s done it before.

When he comes back he’s wearing a big smile and I kind of feel excited. He is a dreamer and he always gets excited, but this time there’s something different in his eyes. This time he really believes he can do it. I hope that’s enough.

“It’s settled. You’ll meet the boy tomorrow, but first we’ll go to the office so you’ll sign a contract. To protect yourself. You can ask anything you want there and if you don’t like something you can refuse,” he tells me but the look in his eyes begs me not agree to whatever they propose.

“Dad, just so you know, I won’t sign a paper if it doesn’t state clearly that I won’t have sex with him. I’m not a prostitute. One thing is fake dating, another very different is to sell myself.” Dad look horrified for what I’ve said, but I’m just being bold.

If that contract doesn’t clearly say that under any circumstance I won’t have sex with this rockstar, then I’m not signing it. I understand that fake dating will mean I’ll have to go out with him, probably kiss and pretend we are a couple, but all that in public. We don’t even have to touch each other in private. And that boy better understand that.

“Of course not! I wouldn’t allow that, Belle. I’m just asking you to control him. I know you can do that.”

“Basically, you’re asking me to be his babysitter,” I say and he laughs but doesn’t deny it.

Oh well, I guess I’ll have to look after a kid, then.

•••

I walk by Dad’s side as we head to Simon’s office and I’m nervous. I think I have cold feet about all this. I feel like I should run back home and refuse to this. I already have a job and I don’t care if they say they’ll pay me even more for pretending to date this guy, I don’t need that.

Okay, I do need the money. Dad and I need the money. But I’m sure there’s another option.

But I’m already here, I already said yes and Mum always said that if you give your word, you have to stick to it. You can’t turn back because it’s not convenient for you or because you’re afraid. You have to be a honourable man or woman.

So that’s why I walk inside that office with my head held high, like my mother always taught me to be. Simon, the tall man with thick eyebrows and dark hair, in a dark trousers and white shirt, stands up and walks around his desk to greet us. He shakes hands with Dad then looks at me. I smile politely.

“So you must be Isabelle. Louis speaks highly of you all the time,” Simon says and his smile is approving. “I’m sorry you have to do this, I really want to apologise for Liam, but I do agree with Louis that it’s better if we set him up with someone who won’t fall for him or be dragged by him. He says you’re a brave girl and you can keep up with Liam. I hope Louis is right,” the CEO carries on.

“I can assure you I won’t be dragged into anything I don’t want to. I’ll do my best to keep that boy at bay,” I reply not even bothering in using his name. I already hate him for causing all this. It’s because of him and his whim that I have to do this. Plus, I can’t even respect someone who demands a girlfriend instead of finding one.

“And that’s why you’re perfect for this job.” Simon invites me to sit and he goes back to his chair behind the desk. Then he grabs a folder and hands it to me. I assume it’s the contract. “Here’s the contract. Please read it carefully. It states that you’ll have to pretend to be Liam’s girlfriend for six months, and accompany him in every public appearance. You’ll have to go on some dates, to keep the charade. If he wants to break the contract before this time, and you agree, you’re free. If you want to end this contract but he doesn’t agree, I’m sorry but we can’t let you go. If he tries to take advantage of you, in any way, the contract ends immediately. You’ll be assigned to Havi, she works with us and she’ll be in charge of organising your dates and to take care of you. You should get along with her, she’s just one year older than you.”

I nod and open the folder to read the many pages of the contract. I’m not a lawyer, but I’ve studied a bit of it because I like to understand my rights and I don’t like people taking advantage of me. So I know how to read between the lines and how to make sure no one is trying to laugh at me.

After an hour, I’ve read the full contract, twice, I’ve made all the questions I need and I’ve demanded for some changes in some points, with the help of a lawyer. So now I have to sign the new version which will tie me to Liam Payne for six months with the condition my Dad will keep his job for two years, for sure, and will produce Ariel Hamilton’s album.

I sign my copy, their copy and the one that the lawyer will keep and once that’s done, I’m in. I’m officially Liam’s girlfriend now. And blimey! I haven’t met my boyfriend yet. Isn’t this lovely?

Simon speaks through his desk phone to his secretary, I believe, asking for Havi and Liam. I didn’t know he was here already. I’m glad he didn’t just storm inside like when my dad was having the meeting with Simon yesterday.

Dad grabs my hand and gives me a gently squeeze and I know that’s his way of saying thanks. I only smile at him and wait for the arrival of my new boyfriend. I’ve never had a boyfriend, I’ve dated a few times, but I was never interested enough in someone as to formally have a boyfriend. It’s a bummer that my first boyfriend is someone I already hate.

Well, this relationship isn’t starting with the right foot.

We wait there until we hear a knocking at the door and I take a deep breath. The time has come and if we’re lucky, I won’t have to talk to him and it’s only going to be a business transaction. To be honest, right now I don’t feel like dealing with a twat. The whole contract thing has worn me out and we still have to go over it with Liam Payne. I hope he doesn’t demand for some changes because if something is different, I’m not signing.

The door opens and the first thing I see is a girl, probably my age, with a big smile. She’s cute, with short curly brown hair that is shorter at her right side. She’s wearing glasses with black frame that cover some lovely hazel eyes. Her smile is contagious and she walks inside with short steps. She’s holding some folders and once her eyes are on me, her smile widens.

I guess she’s Havi. I think I like her already.

Then I look past her and I see him. Tall and built with an arrogant attitude, I see Liam Payne. He’s wearing a white tee under a plaid shirt, a black beanie on top of his head and a hoodie tied around his waist, like he’s covering himself because he’s in his period. He walks inside like he owns the place and doesn’t give a look to anyone. His features are sharp, his eyes are brown like the hairs of his beard, his lips are thick, like his eyebrows and you can say he’s hot, he really is, and he knows it and that is like a kick in the guts. I don’t care if he’s mister universe, he stands like a jerk and he’s the guy who demanded for a girlfriend.

Prat.

“Liam, glad you’re here. Please meet Belle, she’ll be your girlfriend,” Simon introduces us so I stand up to face the popstar.

Only then he looks at me and he doesn’t dissimulate to check me out. His eyes scan me from head to toe and I feel the need to cover myself and slap him at the same time. I’m just wearing tight jeans with my heels and a long grey jumper, my hair is falling freely over my shoulders in soft curls, like it normally does when I’m not at work, my fringe is touching the frames of my own glasses. I’m not dressed as a piece of meat, but he’s looking at me like that.

“Not bad,” he says and my eyes widen in shock.

Not bad? Is that all what he has to say? Not even a “nice to meet you, hello I’m Liam” or something like that. Who does he think he is?

“Excuse me? Could you try to be a bit nicer? When you’re introduced to someone you are supposed to say nice to meet you. Didn’t your mother teach you that?” I scold him like I would scold any of my students, folding my arms and trying to look taller. He’s easily a head taller than me, and I’m wearing heels.

He raises his eyebrows as if he’s never been talked like that before. Well, it’s time someone tells him some things in the face.

“Now do things like a normal and decent human being would do,” I demand and his expression shows even more surprise.

He looks at Simon who has a content smile on his lips and a proud look in his eyes. I think he’s even more certain that he did well by hiring me to take control of this situation.

“She’s not a model, isn’t she?” he asks Simon and he smiles as he shakes his head.

“She’s Belle, the daughter of Louis Reed. He works for us and she signed the contract. You said you wanted a beautiful girl and you can’t deny Belle is beautiful. You didn’t state she had to be a model.”

Liam turns to look at me again, his eyes watching me from head to toe again and he has a cocky smile on his lips.

“Hello, Belle. I’m Liam, nice to meet you,” he says and I can hear the sarcasm in his voice.

Oh my God, give me strength to keep up with this jerk.

I shake his hand and he keeps that arrogant smile that I want to wipe out of his face. I can’t believe this guy and I can’t believe I’m actually doing this. I know it won’t be easy to not end up killing this rockstar.

I let go of his hand as quickly as I can and then look at the girl that walked in with Liam. She has an apologetic smile but at the same time I also see that proud look. I think she approves of my I’m-not-gonna-take-your-shit attitude regarding Liam.

“Belle, this is Havi. As I told you she’ll be making sure that everything works smoothly and if you have any complaint, you talk to her,” Simon says and the girl, Havi, steps in.

“Nice to meet you, Belle,” she says shaking my hand firmly and smiling brightly. “Well done with Liam,” she adds in a whisper and I chuckle.

“Thanks,” I tell her in a whisper, too, leaning a bit closer.

“Okay, Liam, please sit down. You have to see the contract and sign it, too.”

Liam nods and I ignore him as I sit down again, my Dad at my right takes my hand again and gives me another squeeze that means “you can do it.” I hope he’s right, I don’t want to end up in jail because I murdered a popstar.

-:-:-

I'll post another chapter as an apology for the lack of update the last few weeks.

Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.2K 35
'I wouldn't mind being with you, you topless Jaffa Cake..' You {Y/N} are currently attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and you are...
305 2 29
Princess Morgan Annie Spencer. That's my name. I've had it for almost 200 years (certain travels may vary). My sixteenth birthday is in about a two m...
163 11 13
"You wanna know what I think Ryder..." I mumbled across the room. "What" he said coldly. With tears brimming in my eyes I tryed to hold myself toget...
74 3 5
"Hey, calm down, flower I ain't gona hurt ya." My heart skips a beat as I feel my face heating even more. His eyes fill with worry, and His voice is...