Ember - Screenplay

By Snaffle_Pancakes

A Screenplay I made with my High School English Class. If it needs anything Fixed Let me know. "A Villain's J... More

Character Chart - EMBER CORTEZ
Character Chart - HANNAH WILLIAMS
Character Chart - Apollo Jimerson
Side Character Chart pt 1 - Alexander Miller
PT 2 - Bliss Allura
Pt 3 - Alice Churchill
Pt 4 - Kira Reed
Pt 5 - Blithe Allura
Pt 6 - Camdyn Tyler
Pt 7 - Lorraine Wellens
Character Chart - Warren Brecker (Sympathetic)
Character Chart - Richard Creed (Brute)
Daniel Rodrìguez (Character Chart)
Scene 1 - Flashback
Scene 2 - Waking in Fire
Scene 3 - Caught Stealing
Scene 4 - An Invitation
Scene 5 - Meeting Primary Antagonist
Scene 6 - Antagonist's Flashback
Scene 7 - Agreeing to Stay
Scene 8 - Lab Rat
Scene 9 - Night Screams
Scene 10 - Tests and Rescue
Scene 11 - Meeting Hannah
Scene 12 - Touring the Camp
Scene 14 - Lunch
Scene 15 - Training
Scene 16 - Mission Refusal
Scene 17 - Bonding
Scene 18 - Mission Acceptance
Scene 19 - Battle
Scene 20 - Montage
Scene 21 - Gift
Scene 22 - Formal meeting with Creed
Scene 23 - Creeds Flashback
Scene 24 - Meeting Creed 2
Scene 25 - Party
Scene 26 - Escape
Scene 27 - Finding the Body
Scene 28 - Killing Creed
Scene 29 - Control
Scene 30 - Storming the Facility
Scene 31 - Killing Dr. Brecker
Scene 32 - End

Scene 13 - Meeting Apollo

17 0 0
By Snaffle_Pancakes

Cut to:

INT. APOLLOJIMERSON'S CABIN - AFTERNOON

Wooden cabin occupied the mentor. A mainly barren room with some cream colored curtains over the windows. The metal desk occupies far corner piled with books next to a metal framed bed.

Apollo, a middle-aged man with a dark-colored beard, a series of numbers tattooed on his right wrist, and a scar stretching from the corner of his eye to his jaw, glances over from reading papers at his desk to Ember.

APOLLO

Have a seat. I'll be with you shortly.

EMBER

(Impolite)

I'd prefer to stand.

Apollo glances again to Ember, one eyebrow raised, puts his papers back onto his desk, stands up, and walks over to Ember.

APOLLO

Sorry for the delay. I'm sure Hannah has already introduced me, but I believe I don't know your name?

Apollo flashes a smile and holds out his hand. Ember glances down at his hand. Apollo clears his throat and withdraws the hand, stuffing it into his pockets.

EMBER

(beat)

...Ember.

APOLLO

Well, Ember, it's nice to meet you. I'm sure you are wondering What's going on?

EMBER

I do—that Vibrant girl, Hannah, despite all her talking, never really explained what this place is.

APOLLO

(laughing softly)

Yes, Hannah does tend to be slightly talkative...

EMBER

(scoffing)

That's an understatement.

APOLLO

You'll learn to love her—

(beat)

everyone does eventually.

Ember crosses her arms.

EMBER

So...are you going to answer my question?

APOLLO

(surprised)

This is a refuge for people with powers. I'm sure you know how cruel the world can be towards people like us.

He looks directly at Ember. Ember stares back at him.

APOLLO

So I established this place to help those people. They are welcome to come and go as they please, but people rarely leave.

Ember narrows her eyes.

EMBER

And why is that?

APOLLO

(laughing)

There's no cause for alarm. What I meant was that people who come here generally don't want to leave. Coming here, though, does require that you do your part. This place would not be what it is without people to maintain it.

EMBER

Why have I never heard of this place?

APOLLO

Well, we generally try not to advertise our location to the entire country. But we have scouts that help to bring people in...

EMBER

Wha...

APOLLO

Of their own will. Don't worry, Ember, we don't kidnap anyone.

EMBER

Okay, and what was the deal with the fighting at A.C.O.R.D.'s research facility? Why are you opposed to what they're doing?

APOLLO

Do YOU support what they are doing?

EMBER

Don't redirect the question. I asked you.

APOLLO

(sighing)

To answer directly, yes, we are opposed to what the scientists and doctors are doing at A.C.O.R.D.

EMBER

Why? They are only trying to help us!

APOLLO

Do you really believe that? You witnessed first hand their cruelty, and for what? For the benefit of mankind? It's complete Lies!

APOLLO rolls up his sleeve and shows Ember numbers on his wrist. It reads 146289.

APOLLO

I was there too before I escaped. All we are to them are lab rats. Freaks of nature.

EMBER glances down at her own tattoo. 204863.

APOLLO

Don't believe what they tell you. Our powers are gifts, not a sickness that needs to be cured. This is our mission; to prevent the scientists and governments from taking our powers and to stop the persecution against powered people. We launched that attack because they had taken several of our members. We came to rescue them and coincidently found you too. We are hoping that you will join us.

EMBER

(surprised)

What?

APOLLO

We would like you to join our cause. Your powers are magnificent. They could greatly help us in helping everyone with powers. In fact, I could even help you to control your powers.

EMBER

What makes you think I need help controlling them?

APOLLO

(smirks)

Could be that when we first saw you, you almost burnt a whole building to the ground?

EMBER

(embarrassed)

Look, I appreciate the whole revolutionary theme to your camp, but I don't want to be a part of it. I was fine just the way I was before this all happened, and if you don't mind I would like to return to my normal life.

APOLLO

Were you really fine, though? Living in damp alleys, scrounging for food; an outcast from society? Do you really want to go back to that life?

EMBER

Maybe it wasn't perfect, it's better than getting caught up in all of this but how would you know?... And how did you Know that! Have you been stalking me!

APOLLO

My ability is to read minds

EMBER

What, ok that's interesting

Ember gestures to the camp.

APOLLO

Okay, fine, you don't have to help us, but let me help you control your powers at least.

EMBER

(studying Apollo)

What exactly is your power?

Apollo smirks.

APOLLO (echoing V.O.)

Does this answer your question?

Ember steps back, bewildered.

EMBER

(surprised)

You can control people's minds?

APOLLO

Yes, but only when necessary, though.

EMBER

How do I know that you aren't controlling me or influencing my thoughts?

APOLLO

If I was, you would be oblivious and not asking that question. So what do you say? Will you stay?

Ember looks through the curtains at supers using powers. She looks back to Apollo.

EMBER

Fine, for now.

Apollo SMILES and hands EMBER a Black and Blue outfit.

APOLLO

We start first thing tomorrow then. Wear this, it's fireproof.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 940 58
17x 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 ~ Amby's Third Round Qualifier BOOK ONE - Being Super is the New Normal. Sixteen-year-old James Everett Knight yearns for a norm...
252 43 25
Kayley wasn't normal and to prove it she is invited to a school with people just as weird as she was. Kayley is put in a group of twelve and in resul...
2K 60 15
*ON HOLD* Join the teenage superheroes as they save the world as well as deal with normal daily life issues. βš›γ€‹γ€‹γ€‹γ€‹γ€‹βš‘γ€Šγ€Šγ€Šγ€Šγ€Šβš› I think I'm doing season 1...
127K 7.6K 45
Jay West used to be an ordinary guy, hanging out with his friends, worrying about college, and having teenage problems. Then, on his sixteenth birthd...