forgotten outcasts » nct drea...

By ParamJennie

"You can't wake up from a nightmare, if you're not asleep." Where the eight of them wake up to the inevitable... More

prologue
"mom, we found survivors" - 01
"we can't just leave him" - 02
"where are we going?" - 03
"i could get used to this" - 04
"over my dead body" - 05
"and i'd gladly decline" - 06
"you look like a frat boy" - 07
"cause it worked" - 08
"no shit, sherlock" - 09
"we're officially all alone" - 10
"i'm kind of..naked" - 11
"i'll be back" - 12
"they're with me" - 13
"can that thing kill?" - 14
"we truly are no different" - 15
"i'm scared, miseo" - 16
"shit, we need to go" - 17
"don't tell me you're betraying us," - 18
"i want to help." - 20
"alive is a strong word," - 21
"i remember that," - 22
"who's next?" - 23
"i forgot," - 24
"are you the monster?" -25
"it's okay to be afraid." -26
"you can't love me." -27
"she died." - 28
"i believe in you." - 29
"i want a soul" - 30
"somwhere to start over" - 31
"it was better" - the end

"we need to get rid of her." - 19

1.3K 81 67
By ParamJennie

"jeongin," jeongin slowly looked up at miseo. "what are you?" she asked quietly and jeongin dropped his head again.

"i-, i-," he stutttered.

"jeongin!" miseo raised her face.

"i'm an android!" he yelled, not daring to meet her eyes. there was a long period of silence.

"how? how jeongin?!" she questioned.

"i knew you guys would hate me." jeongin cried.

"tell me how, jeongin." miseo begged, and that's when doctor budged in.

"while you and the dreamies ran away together to wherever the fuck you went, i continued with my studies and created actual androids. androids like him." miseo looked back at jeongin's figure. "androids that have all the powers you have and even more. this way they could do things humans can't and overall make society easier. plus they look so much better than the ones the government were making, like sheesh, such ammeters."

"you're not funny." miseo interupted and doctor sarcastically nodded.

"anyways. so jeongin, paris, and sunae were my first androids to show the world and showcase my creations and ideas. everyone loved the ideas and immediately my androids were being sold off and i was making millions upon billions of dollars."

"wait, what do you mean sunae? how do you know her? are we even talking about the same sunae?"

"it's the same sunae." jeongin answered, his head still to the floor.

"but sunae's not an android. i know that for sure." miseo defended.

"that's where the monster i was talking about comes in." doctor added.

"what the hell," miseo commented.

"I found her when i was waiting for you outside if the bank. i thought you were going to bring me the dreamers that day, but you ran away with them. instead she was there, and so we took her, because maybe she knew something we needed and could do the job you were failing. she quickly found out about the power we were wielding and wanted in. then, we made a deal. i give her powers no one esle has and she helps me promote my androids to take over the world since the dreamers and you weren't anywhere to be found."

"how did you know we were gonna be at the bank that day?" miseo asked.

"that was their next target, obviously." doctor replied, and miseo sighed.

"what power did you exactly give sunae?" miseo hesitantly asked.

"well, we were experimenting with witch craft and experimented it on her, making her think we knew what we were doing. If only we did know what we were doing, we would have never given such power to someone."

"what do you mean? what does this! mean?!" miseo exclaimed.

"we need to get rid of her. like as soon as we can! she doesn't know what she can accidentally unleash when using her powers." doctor explained.

"you mean those things from the underworld?" miseo asked, and doctor sadly nodded. "let's tell the dreamers right now. and please, safely put jeongin's arm back on."

"you don't hate me?" jeongin questioned, meeting miseo's light gaze. "you're not scared or dissapointed? you don't think of me as a machine that could snap and kill at any time?" she knelt on the floor beside him.

"i've pretended to be an android for months and been through some real shit, and have been judged and mistreated my whole life. don't ever think that i would let you or anyone go through the same thing." miseo ruffled jeongin's hair before helping him stand up.

"thank you miseo." jeongin broke into a wide smile. then, miseo looked to the doctor.

"you put me through that shit, you know that right?"

"oh i know that! but if i didn't put you through that shit, you wouldn't be the strong soul you are today." doctor reasoned with an unsettling fatherly smile.

"oh fuck you!"

                                                       ❦

"what the hell kind of generation do we live in? first we have superhuman teenagers, then crazy androids taking over the world, and now we're dealing with fucking demons?!" jaemin panicked.

"why am i not surprised?" jisung commented, crossing his arms across his chest.

"well-"

"demons, miseo! demons!" donghyuck interrupted miseo.

"well, they haven't been unleashed yet. theres only a 50-50 chance she'll screw up and open a portal or something." miseo finished.

"okay what the fuck, can I just have a moment to process this?" jeno asked.

"nope, we need to hurry!" doctor answered.

"hurry for what?" renjun questioned. "why in the world would we listen to you?"

"because miseo is listening to me."

"why in the world are you listening to him?" renjun exclaimed, furrowing his eyebrows at miseo.

"because he needs us. the world needs us." miseo reasoned.

"what even is the world now? you've seen outside, there's nothing left!" chenle argued.

"and you've seen people! there are survivors, there are people that might suffer because of sunae's mistake!" she remarked.

"we're not having this dumb conversation again, miseo. the world did nothing for us when it was fine, why the hell would anything change now?!" mark fumed.

"because we'll save everyone!" miseo protested.

"yeah, miseo. i don't want to do this. i don't want to fight again." jaemin agreed with mark.

"the world's not what you think. people aren't and will never be accepting! why can't you just accept that!?" Jeno added.

"i promised myself i wouldn't use my powers ever again, remember miseo?" donghyuck reminded her.

"why do you guys never trust me?" miseo asked.

"because, miseo. we've seen the world, we've lived among normal humans! we know what it's like!" jeno added.

"and i don't?" miseo mumbled.

"of course you fucking don't! and you know that!" jeno growled. miseo sat in silence for a moment.

"fine. i'll fight that bitch myself!" miseo turned away from the boys to exit the room.

"what? no! she nearly killed you last time!" renjun stammered.

"I'll have time to practice, I can grow my strength back–"

"no miseo!" jeno argued.

"oh, don't act like you care!" miseo shot back with a sharp glare.

"you're right," jeno took a small breath. "i wasn't caring about you. i was caring for myself, because i don't want to die, because i don't need to drop everything i'm doing just to make sure you're okay!" the room fell silent. "we all don't need to drop everything just for her!" jeno yelled.

"jeno calm down!–"

"calm down?" jeno scoffed after renjun's order, then turned to miseo. "you're treating us just like sunae, you know that miseo? everything's happening all over again, because i'm falling for your tricks like i fell for hers."

miseo stood there frozen after jeno's remark. was she doing exactly what she was avoiding. exactly like she had done in her dream.

"get the hell out, jeno!" renjun shouted. you could see the moment of realization of what he had said in jeno's eyes. yet, he stayed quiet and left the room, being lead by an android.

"don't listen to him, he's being selfish right now." renjun assured, resting his hand on her shoulder as he stood beside her, but miseo shook her head.

"no, he's right. see, this is exactly what i was trying not to do!" she scolded herself.

"what do you mean? did you think this would happen?" jisung asked.

"yes, this is what happened in my dream that we trapped ourselves into. i thought everything would be perfect in that little world, but i made a mistake. and now, i'm just like sunae!"

"you're nothing compared to sunae," renjun assured her, but that definitely came out wrong.

"you're right. i am no match for her, i might as well throw myself out there and–"

"no no no no no, that came out wrong, i'm so sorry! i meant," renjun was soon interupted by jaemin.

"you already ruined the moment," jaemin said as he shoved renjun's face away to face miseo himself. "what he means is, we all see nothing alike between you and sunae. you never hurt us and you even tried to stop it from happening." jaemin flashed her a bright smile.

"thanks, jaemin...– and renjun–!" miseo returned the smile to jaemin, but his almost immediately faded.

"but, that doesn't mean we will fight sunae." he broke to her with an unreadable expression.

"what? but–"

"please, miseo ," donghyuck called. "i don't want to die, i don't want to loose everyone." miseo lowered her gaze and understood after donghyuck's words.

"okay,,," miseo mumbles as she looks up at the boys with a saddened smile.

"what?! miseo! we need their help though, we need to stop sunae before something worse happens. are you seriously letting them control you?!" doctor exclaimed in disbelief.

"no, it's called being kind. they've been doing enough for me, it's time for me to do my part and do things for them." miseo corrected him.

"ugh, androids, take them to our hotel rooms." doctor ordered.

"hotel rooms?" mark questioned.

"i was a billionare, of course i had hotels in my company's building. where else would i sleep when i was working late on experiments and couldn't make it to one of my 250 houses i own!"

"thank you miseo," mark thanked with a small nod.

"we've done enough, i really think we should take some time to rest and enjoy each other's company." donghyuck added.

"yeah, i agree," miseo commented with a hesitant smile.

"okay, now take them!" doctor ordered with an annoyed tone in his voice. the androids obeyed doctor's orders and ushered the boys out.

chenle stopped to tie his shoes and waited for the others to walk out of sight, before standing up  slowly and turning to miseo again.

"don't forget my powers miseo, i know what you're planning." chenle acknowledged as he walked back towards miseo.

"what? i'm not planning anything. and i didn't know you could read minds!" miseo defended.

"i felt your lie when you assured us we were going to relax." chenle explained.

"oh, chenle, i'm sorry, i just can't–"

"it's okay. i want to help."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 2K 30
she follows her dreams but never expected to met a dream. • swearing • alcohol mentioned • book 2 of the social media series
175K 8.2K 32
❝how is this thing supposed to get rid of my nightmares?❞ na jaemin. ©wakeybaeky
79.1K 4.5K 50
Ft. NCT OT21 In a world where humans run free, supernatural creatures roam in a world hidden from them. Wielders of fire are as dangerous as the ele...
157K 11.4K 90
❝you're more special than you think.❞ ꒰ what happens when those that are supposed to be burning in hell decide to come back to the land of the living...