Starlight | ksj

By jinandhobi

- a Kim Seokjin fanfiction - in which a pair of sworn enemies realizes that they are actually secretly friend... More

Before You Start
Prologue
One - Weak
Two - Downpour
Three - Basketball
Four - Friends
Five - Date
Six - Brozone
Seven - Touché
Eight - Ramyeon
Nine - Namjoon
Ten - Feathery
Eleven - Strong
Thirteen - Nuisance
Fourteen - Jealous
Fifteen - Kiss
Sixteen - Insecurities
Seventeen - Loyal
Eighteen - Chaotic
Nineteen - Unfair
Twenty - Intertwined
Twenty-One - Galaxy
Epilogue
Bonus

Twelve - Medusa

1.1K 78 34
By jinandhobi

-

It was a little tough for me to readjust a whole new environment at this district hospital, but I eventually got the hang of it, and was fine with everything as time went by. The people here were evidently kinder and nicer, compared to the hospital staff I worked with back in Seoul- except Namjoon, of course.

I was glad that no one really cared about who and why I was here, volunteering to be working in a more rural hospital than a huge one in the metropolitan. I wouldn't deny the fact that the work was less stressful due to the less interesting cases here, but I still appreciated the serenity of this hospital.

"Yo, girly." A cheerful voice spoke as I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder, and I didn't need to turn around to know who it was.

"Yo, Hobi." I greeted as the doctor plopped down next to me on the bench before unwrapping his sandwich.

"Why are you always sitting here? It makes you feel so alone." Hoseok frowned, and laughed when I attacked him with a glare. "This is exactly why no one dares to approach you! You and your infamous RBF!"

Jung Hoseok was the same age as Namjoon, but instead of specializing in Paediatrics, he chose to be in Internal Medicine instead. Unlike Namjoon, he was a constantly cheerful guy, always seen smiling with his eye smile killing everyone who happened to look at him.

You know, like how Medusa turns guys into stones? Yeah.

Except Hoseok didn't have snakes for his hair.

"You're here though." I muttered with my mouth full, earning a disgusted look from him as he clicked his tongue.

"Sometimes I wonder why am I friends with you too." Hoseok chuckled, and stretched his arms after stuffing the rest of his sandwich into his mouth. "I'm so tired! I want to go home soon."

I laughed at his facial expression. "It's only two in the afternoon, Hobi."

"And you know what would make me even happier?" He suddenly leaned towards me, a mischievous grin on his face.

Rolling my eyes as I knew what he was up to again, I responded. "What?"

"Go out on a date with me." He giggled, and as usual, I pushed his face away from mine, causing him to let out a little cry. "Whyyyyyyyyy!"

"I don't like younger guys, Hobi." I raised my eyebrows at him, and he pouted with his eyes morphing into the typical puppy look, his ultimate weapon. "Don't give me that face! You know very well that I can't resist- ugh, fine. Only once okay!"

"Yes! You're the best, noona!" Hoseok chuckled before pulling me into a tight hug, and I couldn't help but to let out a smile.

This boy was adorable, and very deathly at the same time.

And that was how I had gotten myself a date to the Spring festival held yearly in this little town. As it was Spring, flowers were blooming everywhere, and I instantly felt giddy at the sight of the vibrant colours decorating the park.

"Noona! I'm here!" I whirled my head towards the voice, and I did a double take at how handsome Hoseok looked.

Some people were staring at him shamelessly, and the boy himself of course was oblivious to the surrounding. He was waving his arm furiously while jumping at the entrance of the festival, making me to immediately rush towards his side with my face red from the attention people were now giving me.

"You didn't have to do that!" I scolded lightly, and I groaned at his pout. "Stop, this is too dangerous for my heart."

"What's dangerous?" He teased, knowing perfectly well that he was making me feel flustered.

Glaring at him, I tugged his sleeves and entered the venue. I wasn't even surprised when he had smoothly intertwined our fingers together before holding it tightly.

"It feels good to be holding your hand." Hoseok spoke genuinely, a sincere smile plastered on his face.

"Why do you even like me this much?" I chuckled as he shrugged.

"I don't know. Everything about you makes my heart go into atrial fibrillation mode." He grinned cheekily, and he laughed when I rolled my eyes playfully at his dorky reply. "But I'm serious with my feelings to you, noona. I really do hope to be able to be by your side, always."

I darted my eyes away from his while biting my lower lip. "Hoseok-ah, you know that I'm still not really over him..."

Yes, Hoseok knew almost everything about what had happened between Seokjin and I. He recognized me from the news, and approached me to ask whether I was okay or not when I had transferred here for the first day.

After getting the backstory, we became friends, and I really appreciated the sincerity he had been giving me. Despite being younger, he knew when to cheer me up whenever I was having a bad day, making corny and punny medical jokes to crack a smile on my face.

Hoseok was a really good guy, and it would be extremely unfair for him if I were to date him without getting over Seokjin entirely. I know, that the latter and I barely had a intimate past together.

We were friends for so many years, and it was not until two years ago that we both admitted our feelings towards each other, only to be separated entirely since then. After that day, we never contacted each other anymore.

He was still active in the entertainment industry, but I refused to watch anything that had him inside, with the lame excuse of me being busy.

"Noona?"

I looked up, only to see Hoseok glancing down at me with his eyebrows furrowed together with worry.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if I reminded you of him." He lowered his eyes towards the ground, his voice getting weaker as he spoke.

"It's not your fault, Hoseok-ah." I lifted his chin up, forcefully making him to look at me. I felt bad to see hurt and guilt swimming in his innocent eyes. "Aren't we on a date? We should be enjoying this! Today shall only be about us two, okay?"

At that, I felt the huge rocks on my shoulders getting lifted away as he cracked the brightest smile on his face. Clenching his hand tighter, I began to lead the way towards an ice-cream stand.

"Let's get ice-cream. I don't like you being sad." I gave him a genuine smile, and thought how cute Hoseok looked with his cheeks turning red.

"This is weird." He tilted his head. "You're really indeed giving my heart a tachycardia right now, noona."

"You sure you aren't on drugs?" I joked, and it was his turn to roll his eyes at me before knocking my head with his knuckles.

The awkward tension between us eventually dissipated as we continued to line up for our dessert, and we were teasing each other about how nerdy we were when a burly man suddenly bumped into me, making me stumble and nearly fall onto the ground if it weren't for Hoseok to catch me just in time.

"Yoora! Are you okay?" Hoseok asked as he helped me to stand on my two legs again before tapping his finger onto the guy who had rudely cut our lane. "Excuse me? I think you owe her an apology."

The guy simply ignored us and placed his order to the flustered poor ice-cream vendor who was looking back and forth between the three of us. And when he realized that the vendor wasn't responding to what he was expecting, I frowned at how he had banged the table, startling the vendor.

"Are you deaf?! I need to return back to the shooting venue or else I'll get fired!" He shouted, and I clenched my fist, trying to control my anger.

Unmistakably noticing my anger, Hoseok tried to calm me down by patting my back. "Noona, calm down."

He had witnessed me punching a guy who tried to rob my bag when we were going out for lunch together once. He knew how scary I could be when I was pissed off.

"For goodness sake! Are you going to stand there like a wooden stick or-"

Not being able to control anymore, his sentence was cut off abruptly by my fist towards the side of his face, leaving the vendor shocked with Hoseok trying to control his laughter while mumbling 'May you rest in peace' towards the guy. This guy was ticking me off, and albeit knowing that violence was never the answer, this rude guy definitely needed to taste the fury of my fist.

"Y-you little-" The guy glared at me as he stood up from the ground, his eyes burning with anger and shame.

"What? You're gonna report me? Go ahead. I have plenty of witnesses to prove you wrong first." I smirked while crossing my arms.

Angered, the guy let out an ugly cry of war, and was about to charge towards me when someone taller than him stopped him by pulling him back. He was wearing a pair of sunglasses, along with a black face mask and also a baseball cap.

"What's going on?"

-

Me n my dramatic time skips are just as dramatic as Yoongi's falls during the anpanman performance

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 119 20
Ah, young love. It's beautiful and stupid. And dangerous. Will these two teens make it through drama, danger, and an overprotective big brother? Afte...
486K 13K 50
top↑kook bottom ↓tae jeonJungkook a bad boy, who think that everyone ,guys and girls likes him, but what's happening when he meets Kim taehyung? A...
7.5K 248 17
What will happen if two besties become lovers. Are you guys excited then read my story share and comment. Kim taehyung a cheerful boy who love his pa...
27.6K 5.3K 88
⁞ '✎ A reader insert story that portrays BTS members as classic love tropes in fanfiction writing. : ̗̀➛ Namjoon as "best friends to lovers" / "coll...