DIFFERENT [hs] |Complete|

By Steve-Rogers

|mature content| In the shadows lurk beasts that mankind are completely oblivious to. They blend in with soci... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two*
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven -Final-
| DYSTOPIA | h.s
n o t e

Seventeen

8K 276 122
By Steve-Rogers

Warm would describe how I was feeling at this moment. The blinding light of the morning sun had sneaked its way through the shut blinds hitting me right in the eye. I turned my head away from where I was unfortunate enough to wake up to see the room lit with strips of lighting.

Harry was still besides me, his arms wrapped securely around my waist with our legs tangled in the sheets together. His head lay on my chest where I was able to feel his warm breath against my skin. I noticed the lack of darkness underneath his eyes and just how stress free he looked. After yesterday's story he had drifted off once we talked for another half hour. As much as we were both enjoying the moment of being against each other's arms we were in desperate need of sleep.

He slightly stirred, but not enough so he would be awoken from his slumber. If I risked movement I would increase my chances of awakening him and that was definitely not something I wanted to do.

I had been left confused during my sleep, which I surprisingly hadn't lacked. I've learnt of Harry's "obsession" of wolves, obviously he had been surrounded by this liking since he was a young age. Though the peculiar topic, I found it oddly adorable. As terrifying as the story he had told me was it had left me curious just as it did Harry. He was determined to find the ending, if there even was one.

A loud snore came from Harry which caused my attention to him. His hair was all over my top, that was until he brought one of his hand up to push it back and nuzzle his face further in my chest. By the change of his breath I noted he was awake, and he was getting a little too... affectionate with his hands.

"Harryyy," I groaned, trying to push him off of my chest but all he did was lift his head and rest his nose on the inside of my neck. I felt the smirk he held, knowing the cheeky bastard was definitely awake. "Get off."

"Mmm, good morning," his voice was the deepest I have heard it with the prominent rasp. He lifted his head from my neck, one eye open and one shut whilst he smiled. "You're a nice pillow. Haven't had a good sleep like that in a while."

"And you're very handsy, apparently no romantic when you're half asleep."

"I never claimed to be one of romance," he shrugged. "Did you sleep well?"

He was sitting up now, looking down at me and trying to block out the little rays of sun that hit his face. The light adorned down his naked chest and torso. His tattoos stood out and it was then I noticed the inked splotches over his body, I had only seen them once before but now at an even closer perspective I realised just how fitting they were to his body. The ink on his arms were no surprise to me since I had seen them before whenever he would wear t-shirts.

"Drooling much?" He teased, cocking his brow.

I chose to ignore his remark this time, fully aware the conversation would be taken way off task.

"So, what do you normally eat for breakfast?"

"What do you usually have?"

He seemed to ponder that question before answering, "I've got some cereal, maybe some fruit. Oats? I haven't been shopping in a while."

"I think it would do." We both lifted the heavy quilt from our bodies and immediately I was surrounded with warmth. The heating was on and I was reminded of Harry explaining the automatic timer he has set on.

"I'll set you a toothbrush near the sink. Bathroom is right there," he points to the closed door at the far end of his bedroom. "I'll be right out."

Harry was right when he said he hadn't gone grocery shopping in a while, from a chewed box of whatever was left of some Coco-Pops, sandwich bread, and a rotten apple there wasn't much of a choice.

After relentless minutes of scourging through cupboards, I had finally found the toaster. Toasted bread and cereal excluding the milk was all that was left and honestly I expected worse.

Harry appeared at the end of the corridor, making his way to the kitchen and helping me with setting the plates and food.

He smelt minty and looked awfully too awake for somebody who woke ten minutes ago.

"Did you brush your teeth?" I asked him.

"Mhmm," he muttered taking a huge bite from his toast.

"You brush before eating breakfast?"

"You don't?" He asks with his mouth full of the bread.

"No, I brush after," I replied continuing to stare at the boy who completely confused me. With his liking of wolves and brushing of teeth before breakfast, he was completely unordinary and different but that was possibly what captivated me.

"Have you tried brushing before?" He questioned with his brows raised. Again he took another bite, awaiting my answer.

"No..."

"Then you are in no place to judge," his smile softened what would have been a harsh statement but he only stated the matter factually. "I mean besides having to drink milk or juice straight after, it's easier and better for your teeth. Judge me all you want, Myers, but believe me when I'm only looking out for your own benefit. Just one of the perks of knowing me."

"Oh so there's more than one?"

"So much more. I'm just the perfect being," he cocked a sly grin. Although our morning had just started it was already one of glory, the joyous moment we are having right now is one of envy. I've never woken on a Sunday as happy as I am right now.

"You need to stock up on your food," I decided to state the obvious, pointing toward what remnants we were eating.

"Only if you're up for it, I think I would enjoy your company."

The feeling was definitely mutual.

***

Harry insisted on purchasing my own groceries but as kind as the offer was, I had to decline. But Harry was never one to accept no as an answer to this specific situation.

"Get the damn jar or so help me God, Myers, I will shove it in your ear and purchase it without your consent."

"That's not possible, Harry."

"A lot of things aren't possible, but if you try then you could succeed. Now put the jar in the basket or I will accomplish a new record," his threat was bluff but with his "stern" tone he began to cause a slight scene in the middle of the store.

It was one thing to give in to peer pressure, but it was also another to achieve happiness with every being. So I did give in. Harry was a bother, but he meant well and he was definitely purposeful with his actions. The jar of Nutella was added to the basket, but Harry being himself added another two and some Peanut Butter.

"There's nothing better than Crunchy Peanut Butter with Nutella. I could make a fortune with the idea."

"You're so weird," I mutter, placing the items on the counter. "What even are you?"

"I'm Harry, and that hardly made any sense."

It was odd seeing Harry so... happy. There was absolutely nothing wrong with seeing him so lively and joking around, but being the one to cause this Harry was almost like an accomplishment. I've seen the stress weighing on his shoulders, how every small issue was just another load that wasn't needed. This Harry was good, this was a happier and carefree Harry.

-

"I'm calling bullshit, Niall," Liam stated clearly becoming annoyed at Niall's exaggerated lie.

"Mate, we all know that no lady can resist this," he motioned his hand towards his chest, rising and falling to emphasise his point. "And I gave her my number. She was totally into me." His arms crossed as he held a smirk clearly proud of what he called an achievement.

"It's been four days, I'm just gonna assume she hasn't called," Louis says taking a bite from his kebab.

"Niall's been under a dry spell for like three months. He would be lucky with a little cock fiddle."

I spat out my food, trying my hardest to cover my mouth so the remnants of my kebab wouldn't go all over the boys and Quinn.

"Cock fiddle? Very creative, Harry," Zayn mused which earned a hard slap across the arm from Quinn.

"You boys are disgusting."

I had to agree with Quinn there, whilst trying our hardest to eat the idiots were talking about Niall's lack of a sex life and he was less than pleased that he was the centre of their mockery.

"How's the food?" Harry had sat back on his seat, turning towards me.

"It's really good, different, but good."

He smiled once, nodding his head muttering a 'good, good'. I'm not one for change and experimenting differently but after countless minutes of Harry trying to be persuasive I finally gave in to try Sharwarma. I hadn't a clue on what it was but I definitely don't regret ordering it now.

"Will you boys shut ya traps before my fist meets your throats."

"That would probably be the most entertainment you would have had for months," Louis laughed at his attempt of what seemed to be a joke, we all followed after besides Niall who kept his death glare on every single one of us.

"You've lost your touch, mate," Harry says and gave him a sincere yet apologetic pat on the back.

"And apparently you haven't," and this time there was no laughter but the smirk Niall held.

"What are you talking about?" Liam dares to ask.

"A few days ago you forgot your scarf at my place and I thought I would return it to you, because I know just how much you wear it," he said to me. The smirk he had had became wider.

Oh no. I didn't risk sneaking a glance at Harry just in case it were to raise suspicions, or raise them even further than they already were.

"I knocked but nobody answered, and out of habit I turned the doorknob to realise it was unlocked," he continued earning the other's full attention.

"And these two, have been doing quite a bit."

Shit. Crap.

"And they're trying to keep it from us."

"Niall, that's enough," Harry's low voice wasn't as confident as we would have both liked it to be seeing as this was a conversation that I wasn't acquired nor wanted to talk about.

"But I haven't even gotten to the best part!"

"I said shut the fuck up, Niall!" Quinn and I flinched as Harry's voice raised several decibels. The quiet murmurs of the customers in the shop had halted and most, if not all, eyes were focused on our little stall.

Harry didn't seem to notice the amount of people staring at us or even rolling their eyes at our inconvenience but what I did seem to observe was his fist clenching and unclenching until he spread his hand to grip his thigh.

"I'm just sayin'. I didn't see much, but remember she's like a sister to me," Niall's finger raised to point at Harry's nose. "And if you hurt her-"

"I can't hurt her if there's nothing going on," his bluntness and lack of emotion behind those words sent a slight dull pain in me.

The past few days especially have been such a roller coaster ride. Some sort of an illusion if it were even that. I flawed communication, and expressing how I felt... or feel. Of course I cared for Harry but it had been more than just co-worker or friendship care. He didn't have to say anything, just by his actions I was able to translate what he felt, or I possibly went to far with my assumptions which have now become opinionated.

Harry and nice don't ever go in the same sentence.

It's funny how little things like this go unnoticed by me.

"Bullshit," Louis remarked. "That's complete bullshit and you're not fooling anyone but trying to convince yourself. Certain situations shouldn't matter-"

"But they do Louis, and I swear to God if you don't shut up in the next five seconds-"

"What would you do?" He interrupts Harry, clearly just as pissed off.

There was a moment of silent throughout the shop. Although the other customers weren't directly looking towards us, it was quite obvious their chats were hushed so they were able to hear our conversation.

"I'm leaving."

And nobody stopped him. He just stood, scraping his chair on the concrete tiles and storming off.

"Cassandra," we all turned towards his figure, his back facing towards us. His head slightly cocked to the side. "You coming or what?"

He was my ride after all, and I knew after what had just been discussed we would need to sort things out. Maybe place boundaries or even rules. Get what we want said and out of the way. To talk.

I shot everybody an apologetic look, shrugging before standing up. The redness in my cheeks was obviously more prominent by the looks of pity and sorry Quinn and the boys were giving me.

"And I'm not attending today's meeting. Fill me in tomorrow. I'm done with all this shit. With everyone's shit."

After that being said he stormed right out, leaving me to catch up to him which proved to be a very difficult task.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1K 46
[Book 2 Completed]His past is behind him, but is it really? He thinks he's grounded, leveled with sanity. But he's ever so dead wrong. For a differen...
372K 7.9K 32
Harry [18] , a jock, plays any sport he can, hottest guy in school. He's of course popular and girls will do anything to get to him and have him in b...
1.4M 35.8K 37
18+ / Very Mature "So you've been stalking me?" "Completely." I laugh at his candor and I watch as his eyes light up, "I applaud your honesty." "Why...
7.7K 353 44
"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵." "𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩.. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩." "𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰...