Dark mind

By Ali_Adair

It was like we were playing a sick game of chess, trying to guess each others movement's and at the same time... More

Author's note
Prologue
Dear Diary
Dear Diary Part. 2
I Hate Her, I Hate Him
Point Break
Not So Dark After All
Blast From The Past
The Past
The Truth
Just Another Normal Day
Savage
Theres No Escaping The Dark
Revealed
True Intentions
A Happy Distraction
Getting Answers
Falling Apart
Four Month's
Psychosis
Nothing but Trouble
Feelings
The Encounter
'Crazy' Run's In The Family
Secret's Of The Past
Mommy Issues
His Orders
Hidden Within Pages
Twisted Reality
Nostalgia
Addiction
Ultimatum
Time's Up
Envelope with a Letter
Where I Belong
Welcome
Never Alone
Sisters
A Bittersweet Ending
What You Left Behind
Broken and Missunderstood
Desperation and Hope
Jason
Goodbye
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Thank You/// Acknowledgments

He's a keeper

43 4 0
By Ali_Adair

Juniper POV

I was currently laying on my bed with Tyler, who had his arms around me and was playing with my hair. I was scrolling through my phone, noticing I had 8 missed calls from him and 5 from my mother.
I frowned as I turned the screen off and put the phone on my nightstand.
I wiggled in Ty's arms so that I was facing him. He stopped playing with my hair and touched my cheek, making me smile.

"Oh Juniper, what am I going to do with you?" He asked quietly.

"You have some explaining to do mister." I said as I played with the string on his hoodie.

"The first 10 times you called me I didint feel like answering because I needed space. I understood that you were in a tough patch but I still felt bad. I tried to help and you just lashed out. So I decided you needed time." He said.

I frowned.
"I did not call you 10 times." I said.

"No, you called me 15 times." He smirked.

I pouted at him.
"I did not." I complained like a little girl.

He laughed.
"Out of all the things you can fight me with, you choose on the amount of calls you made. Your unbelievable."

I winked.
"I try."

He shook his head and gave me his croocked smile.

"Anyways, I went to help dad with some stuff. It was 5pm when I realized I had a voicemail from you sent at 3:45. I listened to it like three times, getting goosebumps. I tried calling you but it went straight to voicemail. I got scared and went to your house. Your mom was home and I asked her if you were in. She said you were upstairs and I could hear the loud music. I asked if I could talk to you and she said yes. Your door was locked so she opened it and you weren't there. The window was open and your skateboard was missing. It was clear that you had run off. Jimmy got real savage and kept ranting about how he told you to stay put. I've never felt more scared in my life." He whisperd the last part.

I touched his face and frowned.
"I dont follow. What's wrong?"

His eyes glazed over.
"I thought... well, since everybody was ignoring you, in the state I left you in, when I heard the voicemail, you didin't return my calls... well I thought you might have done something stupid." He whisperd as if he were in pain, stroking my cheek and watching me closely, as if I might dissapear any second.

Realization hit me like a truck.
"You thought I'd try and take my life?" I asked with caution.

He nodded slowly and my heart broke.

"Tyler, im so sorry. I went to let out some steam at my aunt's. She owns a ranch and we went for a ride with the horses and I lost reception. I swear im fine." I assured him, touching the side of his face.

"I didin't know you ride horses." Was all he said.

I nodded.
"I do, ever since I was a little girl. I have a pinto horse named Nightingale. You'd like her and I bet you anything you would just have to sketch her. She's a beauty. "

He smiled warmly at me.
"I think I would." he said softly.
Then there was silence.

"You were wrong." He told me all of a sudden and I frowned at him.

"About?" I asked, looking at him from under my lashes with curiosity.

"That my life was better without you in it, easier. Its the complete opposite. I worry for you."

"Even after I push you away?" I asked, laying my head on his chest.

"Especially if you push me away!" His arms went around me, hugging me to him, and I was surrounded by his warmth.

"Knowing that your upset in any way, that you aren't okay, feeling how I felt earlier when I thought something awful had happened to you-" his arms tightened around me as I snuggled my head where his neck met his shoulder.

He kissed the top of my head.
"You really gave me quite scare, June."

"Im sorry." I said in a small voice.
We were quite for a moment.

"I would never do it, you know?" I said suddenly.

"What do you mean?" I heard him say.

"No matter what happens, no matter how sick and tired I may get of my life, I would never consider suicide as a way out. That would be giving up, backing out. I may be going through shit, but at the end of the day I will stand strong and tall. I refuse to give up. I refuse to fall down and not get back up." I said softly.

He lifted my chin and I stared at his eyes that held nothing but love and adoration.

"My favorite bad ass." He whisperd as he placed a kiss on my cheek. I quickly buried my face in his hoodie so he coudint see I was blushing.

Well, would you look at that. Im acting like a girl who is head over heels crazy in love, I thought with a grin.

"Its really late. You should go to sleep. Your mom told me you have a doctor's appointment early in the morning. " Tyler murmured, instantly making me stiffen.
I pulled away and sat on my bed.

"June, what's wrong?" Tyler asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Its really hard to explain." I told him, looking at my lap.

He lifted my chin once more.
"Im here okay?" He encouraged.

I took a deep breath.
"So, basically every time I fall asleep, I get nightmares. Really bad ones. That's why im scared of closing my eyes and drifting into unconsciousness. Im scared of sleeping, of being alone. It sounds stupid but its the truth."

"Its not stupid, June. And your not alone, I wont leave you." Tyler said softly. "If you want, I'll stay the night with you, keep you company." He added with a twinkle in his eyes.

I looked at him with wide eyes.
"But your dad-"

"I'll text him and tell him something came up. He wont mind. Trust me."

I nodded. "Alright. Give me a minute."

I went down the stairs and found mom on the couch watching tv.

"Hey mom, can you get me some of my brothers clothes?" I asked almost hesitantly. I looked like shit, so that also helped my case.

Mom nodded. "Sure, wait here."
She dissapeard and came back with a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt.
She handed them to me.

I nodded and was about to head up stairs when she grabbed my wrist gently.

"Juniper, where were you all evening?" She asked.

"At Aunt Gloria's." I answerd stiffly.

"I never liked that woman, she was always so close to your father, and not in the way your close to family. Plus, Jimmy told you not to leave." She reminded me and I clenched my brother's clothes.

"And that boy, is he still here? If he is, I would appreciate if he left. There's been enough action for one night." She continued, staring at me cautiously. I just nodded, my expression blank.

"Why aren't you saying anything? " she complained.

"What do you want me to say, mother? First of all, that man is not my father. I barely know him. What, just because you introduced me to him im suppose to welcome him with open arms? No, I dont think so. Plus, you dont know what happened earlier. How he almost hit me. And as for Aunt G and dad, they were siblings, Claire, they were twins for crying out loud. Your not making any sense." I said calmly. I started making my way up the stairs when her voice stopped me.

"What's with the attitude? After I worry about you, call the damn police, this is what I get? This is what I get for being concerned about my daughter-"

I cut her off.
"Nobody asked you too. And you dont get to play the responsible, loving and protecting mother, you haven't exactly stayed true to your part lately." I said dryly. Not bothering for an answer, I went upstairs and into my room. I closed the door and turned to Tyler.

"Hide in there" I pointed towards the door beside where he was standing. "and don't come out until I tell you to." He nodded and did as I told him.

"And dont peak." I said as I took off my shirt.

I heard him chuckle and I smiled.

I was about to put on my brothers shirt when my mom barged in my room.

She looked around my room, standing stiffly in the doorway and I cleared my throat, earning her attention.

"Can I help you?" I asked. She stared at me for a hot second, her eyes narrowed and she shook her head.

"Good night." She murmured and exit my room. I rolled my eyes, and locked the door. It shoudin't alert her since I always lock my door before going to bed.

I threw the shirt I had on before and went towards the bathroom door, pulling it open. "Here." I handed him the clothes and closed the door on him. Then I proceeded to change into a tank top and a pair of shorts.

"Clear." I said just as I threw my clothes in the hamper. Tyler came out with a devilish grin. I pretended to not notice as he looked at me up and down.

"You being sneaky huh?" He asked as he came close to me. I laughed nervously. The clothes fitted him perfectly, he looked really, really good.

"Keep your voice down, you'll blow our cover." I whisperd. He stopped infront of me and leaned down slightly. He had a solid three inches on me, I hate feeling so small.

"An illegal rendezvous? Didn't know you had it in you." He teased, his hands tracing my frame from my neck to my hips, where my hands lay limp on either side.

"What can I say, im full of surprises." I shot back with a Cheshire grin.

"Now im starting to believe those rumors are true." He whisperd breathlessly, his fingertips reaching and touching my own.

"And what's that?" I challenged.

His breath fanned my lips as he said
"That your a very bad influence."

I gave him a cheeky smile.
"Like Billie said, im the bad guy." I joked.

"Why are you so adorable?" He asked and I laughed.

"Why am I like this with you when I haven't known you that long?" I whisperd.

"Maybe its because deep down, you don't really care. In fact, you could care less." He said which took me by surprise.

Because that was, infact, I was thinking about that.

I gave him a light push.
"I think its been enough for today."

I hopped in my bed, and pulled the covers over me slightly. Tyler turned off the light. I felt the bed dip and then there was silence. I just laid there, looking at the ceiling, when Tyler spoke from beside me.

"You scared of falling asleep?" He asked me.

"A little." I confessed. It was true.

"What do you dream about?" He asked, his voice hinting curiosity.

I took a moment to answer.
"I'd rather not say." I told him. I would tell him, just not today. I was to tired to get into that complicated ordeal.

He didin't say anything for a while. I felt him move closer and before I knew it he had pulled me to his chest and wrapped an arm around my stomach, his other hand  on the pillow on top of my head. I placed my hand over his and sighed, my body relaxing.

It should have felt wrong, to be so attached to a stranger, a boy who I have only just recently met, some may call me desperate. But in that moment, the only thought in my brain was acceptance. I realized that Tyler woudin't be leaving my life any time soon.

He was a keeper, he made me feel happy, he made me feel safe regardless if he is a stranger.

And then I thought, how long does it take to fall in love?

It wasen't love, but was it a start?
My mind began to shut down, my thoughts coming in a daze as if I were seeing through fog.

"Dont worry princess, I'll slay your dragon's." was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.
That night, I didin't dream at all, I just slept peacefully, feeling safe.

--------------------------------
Throwing in a sappy, cheesy, lovey-dovey chapter because why not?
:)
Until next time
-Ali D.

                                                                                                Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.7K 3K 41
[COMPLETED: First book of the Infinite Realms series] - Do you think that this world we live in is the only one there is? That's what (Y/N) used to...
4.7K 222 22
๐–๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ข๐ง ๏ฟฝ...
692 16 34
'Well, will you be my girlfriend?' 'You're supposed to be on one knee, idiot.' I get down on one knee. 'Will you be my girlfriend, Skye?' She acts...
884K 39.6K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...