The Heathers VS. The Plastics...

By no_user_1009

A school in Evanston, Illinois is ruled by a clique of 4 girls called "The Plastics". Another school in Sherw... More

Intro:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
1K SPECIAL BONUS CHAPTER
I Was Tagged For The First Time

Chapter 4

5.2K 94 701
By no_user_1009

Veronica's POV

Dear Diary,

     I already thought I was done with dealing with popular kids. I told myself I won't involve myself with them. I thought nothing could get worse than the Heathers.

Sad to say, I was wrong.

     If there was something worse than the Heathers, it would be another group just like them. Now, thanks to the stupid student exchange program, there are these 4 girls who are called "The Plastics". A girl named Janis and her friend Damian told us about them. They are led by Regina George, a mythic bitch, just like Heather Chandler. She actually had the guts to stand up to Chandler and get away without a scratch. Knowing Heather, she is probably fuming right now. 

     That isn't the only thing though. Ever since the lunch incident, some people started looking to Regina for authority. They think she is better than Chandler. I never thought I would live to see the day that somebody as bad as the Heathers would be considered "better". It's not exactly their fault though, Regina has been treating others with kindness in order for them to submit to her.  ̶W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶. I could see why they would think she is better. But if everything that Janis said is true, we might be in even deeper shit than we thought.

"Woah look here she comes!" Some random kids said. Similar to the past few weeks, people swarmed around Regina, treating her like some celebrity or something. There were quite a lot of people, since the lunch bell just rang. And by sheer chance, somebody just so happened to knock my diary out of my hands.

And it landed right in front of Regina.

"Shit, uh, sorry." I quickly apologized as I picked up the diary. The problem was, I didn't see Ram Sweeney's foot in the way, so I tripped.

"Jesus, walk much?" Regina mocked, and everyone laughed at me. I had to keep myself from making a comeback, since that would only make the situation worse. The other three Plastics followed her like how toddlers follow their parents.

 I met up with JD and we sat down. Martha was absent since she got sick. Janis and Damian were on another, distant table. The Heathers sat at their usual spot. Heather Mcnamara was going around, asking everyone the lunchtime poll. Soon enough, she approached us with the question.

"Would you rather take a hot bath in summer or a cold shower in winter?"

"That's a pretty dumb question." JD said. He wasn't rude or anything though. Similar to me, Heather Mac was the only Heather we tolerated and trusted. We asked her once if she wanted to stick with us, but she refused since the rest of the Heathers wouldn't be too happy about that.

"Well, Duke picked it." she sighed.

"I'd go with hot bath in summer." I answered

"Same here" was JD's response.

She wrote that down. "Oh, and, Veronica? Chandler wants to talk to you. Preferably right now." she said.

"Well this can't be good." I thought. "About what?" 

"She didn't tell me, but keeping her waiting would be a bad decision."

JD frowned at me. His look basically said "Don't go. Bad idea." , but I didn't really have much of a choice.

"I'll be right back." I told him. I stood up and followed Mcnamara to the Heathers table.

"Well if it isn't Veronica Sawyer. How's your little boy toy?" Chandler said with a mocking tone.

"What do you want Heather?" I said, wanting to get this over and done with. "Maybe I can make you another prairie oyster."

"God Veronica, can you be anymore obnoxious?" Heather said with an annoyed tone. "Look, I'm offering you a deal. You can be a Heather again. One of us, like nothing ever happened. I'll even consider sparing Jesse James and Martha if you accept." 

I gave her a look. However, it seemed that she was actually serious about the deal.

"What's the catch?" I asked. Heather never considered anything like this unless there was a catch.

"You have to forge notes for us, and do whatever we tell you. When we tell you to, you shouldn't complain."

"How is this any different from last time?" I frowned, skeptical of what Heather was planning. 

"We are targeting the new girls, I believe they are called the Plastics?" Heather Duke said. Surprisingly, Chandler didn't tell her to shut up.

"Remember that girl whom Regina wanted to sit in my place? She seems naive enough." Heather Chandler said.

"Just send her a note from her one true love or something. That would probably work." Duke butted in.

"Shut up Heather."

"Sorry, Heather." Looks like I spoke too soon about Chandler not shutting Duke up.

"Remember what happened last time I did that?" I already got on Regina's bad side, I didn't want to get on Heather's nerves as well.

"This time it's different." Chandler hissed. "She's simply playing nice to get on the adults and students good side. Once she's done with that, she will try to take my place."

"So that's the reason behind all this? You want to get rid of her just so your precious reputation of being queen bee isn't tarnished?" I snorted. I knew Heather Chandler was egotistical, but I never would have thought that she would go to such lengths to preserve her image.

That earned me a glare from Chandler. "Look, Veronica. What you did to me last year was unacceptable. It's a miracle that I'm even considering letting you back in. Besides, if you refuse my offer, not only will I make your life a living hell, but Regina George is also gonna be willing to do the same. Don't think I didn't see that little slip up that you did back there."

I froze. Even though I hated Chandler, she had a pretty solid point. I was no more immune than anybody else to the teasing and mocking of the Plastics. The Heathers already made life for me more miserable than it already was, adding the Plastics to that would just be commiting suicide. 

"Fine, I'll consider it." I said after thinking for a while.

"Offer only stands until the end of the day." Chandler left along with the other two.

The bell rings and I head back to class.

JD's POV

Veronica went with Heather Mac to the Heathers table since Chandler says she needs to talk to her. That's already more than a little fishy. Heather Chandler has done nothing to Veronica except humiliate her ever since the incident with the drain cleaner. Technically, that was my fault, since I didn't tell her about the mug. However, it only got worse after Ram and Kurt's attempted date rape. Things did get a little out hand though at that time, s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶j̶o̶c̶k̶s̶. Anyway, the point is, Veronica didn't deserve any of this. Heck, I thought she'd dump me after what I tried to do. She's the kind of person who tries to see the good in others. 

The entire lunch period passed, but Veronica hasn't come back yet. When the bell rang, she went straight to her classroom, leaving me no choice but to wait till the end of school.

*timeskip*

Final period with Ms. Fleming was boring, but I managed to survive. I went to look for Veronica to ask her about her talk with Heather, but I was instead greeted by the demon queen herself.

"What the fuck did you ask Veronica?" I said, angrily

"Geez, calm down Jesse James. I only asked her to join the clique again." Chandler glared at me.

"Why exactly would she want to join you again? You literally made her life a living hell." I wanted to punch her, but I would be in deeper shit than I already am if I made a scene.

"Let me remind you that you two were the ones who served me a wakeup cup of drain cleaner, which sent me to the hospital for 4 weeks." Chandler hissed. "Not to mention the fact she puked on me at Ram's party the night before. Making her life hell was simply a consequence."

"You deserved it, anyway." I thought. I didn't say anything out loud. "That doesn't answer though why she would join you, and why we would even trust you in the first place."

She rolled her eyes. "Look, I have been a bitch to Veronica before, but that doesn't mean I don't have a reason to care for her. She has something that we don't, which is her talent at forgery. If you haven't noticed, it is pretty rare for somebody to copy literally everybody's handwriting without a sweat. She is also quite intelligent. She actually saved our asses once by forging a hall pass."

"Which is why you let her join in the first place." I stated.

She nodded, pleased that I was actually paying attention. "Exactly, now listen. Whether you admit it or not, the both of you screwed up. Of course, I got mad. Not just because what Veronica did nearly killed me, but also because it was a waste of what she could do. We brought her to the top, only to be brought down because you both acted like complete jerks."

As much as I hated it, Heather had a point.

"Now, we have a problem." She continued. "Of course you've heard about the 4 new girls from the student exchange thing, right? Regina George is their leader. She was able to convince a lot of people that Westerburg High needs a new queen bee, and I swear to God I'm absolutely not going to let that happen. Heck, I'd choose Martha Dumptruck over her, and that's saying something."

It certainly was. Heather would have to hate Regina to death for her to choose Martha, of all people, over her. "So, I'm guessing your plan is to take her out."

"Yes, and I need Veronica for that. If it makes you feel any better I won't let anyone harm her, you or Martha. Unless, of course, she screws up, or if you interfere with any of our plans."

"If you even lay a finger on her-" I started.

"Didn't you hear a word I said? I will only kick her out if she screws up again, or if you convince her to do something stupid. Also, don't forget the fact that we aren't the only threat to her now, even the Plastics saw how much the loser screwed up."

I was fighting myself to keep my cool. How dare they call her a loser? She is the most precious thing alive on earth right now. I would do anything to protect her.

Though, that's the reason why you nearly murdered 3 people.

Veronica did have a point when she said I was taking things too far.

"OK fine, I won't interfere."

"How very." Heather smirked and left.

As soon as she left, I spotted Veronica running down the hallway to me. "JD! I was looking for you." Veronica gave me a strange look. "Was that Chandler?"

"Well, yeah. I ran into her. I was actually gonna ask about what she told you."

"Oh, yeah. Not here though." She said.

I smiled. "Does 7-11 sound OK?"

Veronica's POV

We rode JD's bike to 7-11 and ordered the usual: A cherry slurpee for me and a blue raspberry one for JD. We sat down on a bench outside to talk.

"So," I began. "Heather wants me back in."

"Oh I already know about that part. She told me herself. She told me needed you for something involving Regina George." He took a sip of his slurpee.

So that's why he was with Chandler. "Well, she wanted me to forge notes again, but this time it's because of the Plastics. Chandler hates them, so she wants me to help her ruin them or something."

"I think that's a great idea." He said, out of the blue.

"Since when did you think Heather Chandler had good ideas? Also, remember the last time we went to "prank" somebody? We almost killed them JD!" I said in shock.

"This isn't like that. You've seen for yourself how Regina George acts. Chandler may only be using you so that she can stay at the top, but you can use that to your advantage.

"And how exactly do I do that?"

"Remember Janis and Damian? They said they had a friend who hangs out with them. They also talked about a plan to bring Regina down."

There was a little voice inside my head that told me this wasn't right. However, getting revenge on someone like Regina wasn't a chance you normally get. Besides, I have JD, the new kids, and the Heathers to help me in case anything goes wrong.

"OK, but absolutely no murder attempts." I said.

He chuckled. "I don't do those anymore darling."

"On a side note, this is the first time you agreed to let me in anything involving the Heathers." I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, modern problems require modern solutions." 

I glared at him. "You did not-" 

"Yes I did." He smirked. Ever since he discovered memes he's been looking for appropriate times to quote them. 

I rolled my eyes. "My turn to ask questions. What did Heather tell you awhile ago?"

"She just told me not to interfere in your decision to join, since she probably thought I would succeed in convincing you."

"That's it?" 

"Yup."

"And you agreed?"

He scratched his head. "At first, no, but she made some pretty good points."

"I should probably be heading home now though." I told him.

He dropped me off at my house. I entered the house and saw my mom in the kitchen. It took her several minutes until she recognized my presence.

"Oh Veronica! I didn't realize you were already home. How was school?"

"It was fine." I said, giving my usual answer. No matter what happened at school, whether it was good or not, I would always say that it was fine.

I went upstairs to my room to do whatever homework that needed to be done. Being one of the "smartest students in school.", as my parents would put it, I finished it quickly. I flopped onto my bed to rest. 

I thought about Heather's offer awhile ago. I thought long and hard about the consequences. If I said yes, Heather might pressure me to do something that will only make other innocent people miserable. If I said no, both the Heathers and the Plastics will torture me and possibly Martha as well.

I can't let poor Martha be bullied again.

The Heathers were one thing to deal with, but I don't think she could handle the Plastics along with them. Who knows, maybe we could succeed in taking down the Plastics, and things will get better after that.

My mind was made up. I grabbed my phone, went to contacts, and tapped on "Heather C.".

Veronica: I've decided. I'm in
Heather C.: How very! Wear the outfit we gave you on the first day. We'll talk more tomorrow. We'll make you beautiful once again.

I could only hope I wasn't making another mistake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.2K 3K 27
After years of trying to hide from the past, Veronica finds herself seeing her high school life go like her daughters. It scares her to death, but sh...
9.3K 288 45
In the small town of Tulsa, Oklahoma, everyone is divided; you're either a greaser or a socs. If you're a greaser, you're only seen as lower class an...
32.6K 858 23
(cover drawn by @AnimatedNydia) Regina George was tired of Northshore High after her fall as queen bee. She convinces her mom to move and they end up...
60 0 14
Based on the movie Mean Girls (except takes place in the UK). Teenage John "Deaky" Deacon was educated in Broome, Australia by his zoologist parents...