Chapter 1

Cady's POV

"Ugh there is nothing good to watch!" I said while flipping through the channels on TV.

Summer is going to be over in a few weeks. At least it's gonna be senior year, the last year of school!

But then there's college...

At least I have Regina, Gretchen, and Karen, they are part of a clique called "The Plastics".  I originally became friends with them since my friend Janis sort of told me to spy on them. She told me once that Regina is dangerous and cannot be trusted, but honestly they are pretty nice. To me at least. Besides, everyone at my school loves me! Especially after the school's talent show. They really liked the little performance we did. I haven't talked to Janis and Damian in a while though...

A notification from my phone interrupts my train of thought. I looked at the screen and saw that it was a text from Gretchen.

Gretchen: Hey Cady Regina is inviting us to go shopping for some new clothes for next school year we will be picking you up in a bit

Cady: Oh ok Ill get ready then

"Mom I'm just gonna be going to the mall with Regina!" I said as I dressed up

"Ok, just be careful sweetie!"

5 minutes later Regina's car arrived at the front door with the Plastics in it. 

"Oh hi Cady!" Karen waved as the door opened

"Hurry up and get in we don't have the entire summer to wait!" Regina said as I got in.

We quickly drove to the mall and spent the next few hours picking out clothes. Regina and Gretchen we giving me all sorts of clothes to try out.

"Why don't you try this skirt?" Gretchen waved a gray skirt in my direction.

"Oh, uh, ok." I went to the changing room and put the skirt on. It was pretty nice, I guess. Except for the fact that it only reached the middle of my thighs.

"Its a nice skirt! Its just a bit. uh...short." I said, stepping out of the changing room. Karen went in after me.

"Don't be ridiculous, that's what the boys want!" Regina commented.

"And it really complements your figure!" Gretchen added

"Do you guys think this suits me?" Karen said, showing a sweater she tried on.

Gretchen looked over and said: "Um, Karen? You're wearing it inside out."

"Isn't it supposed to be worn this way?"

"No?"

"Karen, just go back and put it on properly." Regina said. "Cady, you should find yourself a new pink outfit for Wednesdays."

"I'll help her!" Gretchen stood up and led me to the pink clothes.

*timeskip*

 I ended up getting a wardrobe's worth of clothing. We decided to eat at a French restaurant. We chatted about a few things while eating, mostly about Karen thinking about asking her cousin out.

"Karen, for the last time, you can't date any of your cousins!!" Gretchen told her (again).

"But he is my first cousin, doesn't that make it fine?"

Regina rolled her eyes and turned to me. "By the way Cady, the three of us applied for that exchange student program thing, and all 3 of us are going."

"What exchange student program?" I asked.

"You didn't know? Its going to take us to another school for an entire year!" Gretchen answered.