Flowing Promises (Under Revis...

By Innocence51

Korosensei made a promise to Aguri Yukimura to look after her little sister since she'll be alone. But when h... More

Author Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 - Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29.1
Chapter 29.2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 36.5
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.5
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

Chapter 48

1.6K 29 26
By Innocence51

The Final Battle - Part 1

---

Normal POV

When Nagisa heard the scream, he immediately ran towards the staircase leading to the upper floor while he worried endlessly.

The scream, the pain, and the familiar voice behind it. He couldn't stop thinking even if there are a lot of possibilities that it wasn't the person he thought it would be.

But he would find out soon enough.

"What's going on?!" Nagisa reached the 3rd floor of the building and met up with the rest.

But while he was running, he noticed that they weren't doing anything nor did they heard him. They were all wearing shocked and frightened faces as they look at the sight in front of them.

When Nagisa stopped and saw it himself, he too was instantly filled with fear. The fear he was trying to avoid, and the fear he was trying to fight back.

"NRGGGHHHHH-AHHHHHHHH!!!" The sound of the zapping electricity roared as a helpless girl was trapped within it's conductor. She screamed in pain once more and tried to endure the pain.

The sight made Nagisa sick, but most of all, he realized who it was.

"KAYANO!!!!" Nagisa shouted her name and couldn't hesitate to stop himself any further.

Neglecting the aftermath, he dived in with his speed break ability and ran towards the person he swore to protect.

Seeing her in pain, her clothes torn apart and being brutally tortured, he tries to reach her with his hand as he ran towards her while time slowed down. But, halfway through, he was stopped.

"?!?" He couldn't use his sixth sense ability to sense the incoming attack, and thus, he was knocked away from the ground and was sent flying towards the walls.

"Wha-?! What just happened?!" One of the people behind started to move while he was surprised at the sudden explosion in front of them.

Sugino was the first one to react while the others remained in confusion. Time happened to go back to normal eventually when Nagisa was struck by an unknown entity from the opposite side.

As the smoke cleared away, Nagisa was seen to be trapped by a dark tentacle. He was wrapped around it, making it futile for him to resist.

"Well well well. I didn't quite expect that one coming." The torture wheel had stopped from electrifying Kayano and a voice suddenly came out of nowhere.

A man revealed himself in the midst of all, and stood right in front of them with a daring suit.

"Wh-who are you?!" Karma was being intense. He was confused, but he was staring at him like a wild lion would.

"Me? I'm Klein Hatsuzuri. The new leader of the Scarlet Jabberwocky branch in Japan." The man introduced himself in a dark manner.

Everyone froze in shock. This was the man they were after. The one who was behind of everything. Now, he stood before them, unarmed and unguarded.

"So you're him?!" Karma immediately took out his gun in response to his shocked reaction and everyone else followed suite, making their defensive stance.

However, the boss didn't mind them. He turned himself away and switched his attention to Nagisa.

He walked towards him and showed him his menacing face as he looked down at him with pity.

"So you're Nagisa Shiota? Hehehe..." Klein chuckled in a maniac way.

"F*** YOU!!! LET KAYANO GO!!" Nagisa spurted out an 'F' word and tries to struggle from being entangled by the dark tentacles.

But...

"It's useless!" Klein smirked and laughed.

"No matter how much you struggle, you won't be able to escape these tentacles!" He wore a grin and told Nagisa about his futility.

"DAMN YOU-!?!" Before Nagisa could bad-mouth him any further, his mouth was covered by another tentacle and pulled him deeper into the wall.

The grip around him was becoming tighter every second and he could feel his arms aching in pain.

"Haaaa... I really want to kill you right now." Klein said so as he took out a gun and pointed it at Nagisa's head. But he continued, and said...

"But let's see... What would be the only thing that could destroy your spirit?" He tilted his head to the side and made another evil grin.

"Stand down, Hatsuzuri!" Meanwhile, Karma and the others were feeling bad being left out and all of them pointed their weapons at him.

However, Klein had a trick up his sleeve.

He raised up his other arm and held a device with a button on it. He pressed it immediately, and instantly, the place where Karma and the rest were had been detonated by C4s.

"AAAAGGGHHHH!!!" Nagisa's friends shrieked and was blown away by the unexpected trap.

"NNNNRRGGHHHH!!!" Nagisa shouted but his mouth was still covered by a dark tentacle.

However, he couldn't glance or do anything for them when the dark tentacles started to move and turn him towards where Kayano was hanged.

Klein was planning something wicked. And once he walked enough distance just between the two of them, Kayano was instantly zapped again and she screamed loudly while being tortured.

"NNNNRRGGHHH!!! NRRGHH! GGGHH!!" Nagisa tries to struggle. He tried to find a way to escape from the tentacles' grip. He wants to save her. He wants to save everyone. But the more he thought about it, the more he he realized he can't.

He finally had the power and the ability to match Scarlet's monsters, but in the end, he was brought down, powerless, and helpless.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" His tears started to form in his eyes as the person he loved in front of him was continuously tortured.

"That's it! That's the reaction I'm looking for! Hahaha! How does it feel, Shiota?! It won't just be like this, but you'll see soon enough what will she become! HAHAHA!!" Klein laughed furiously. He was getting excited by Nagisa's reactions. In that situation, it was merely more like of a game to him.

"HAHAHAHA!" He continues to laugh maniacally while Nagisa kept on struggling with tears in his eyes and tries to shout the name of the woman he loved.

But soon enough, out of the blue...

BOOOOOOM!!

The ceiling right above Klein and Nagisa suddenly exploded and collapsed towards the ground. Because of that, the monster that had its tentacles around Nagisa that was hiding in the shadows was critically injured, and thus releasing Nagisa from its grip.

Rubbles and debris continued to fall down, and almost buried them alive. But it wasn't enough to do so.

Klein managed to avoid from being crushed while Nagisa fell to the ground but was luckily spared.

"Where the hell did that come from?!" Klein angrily complained as he glares at the roof that was now left with a big hole.

And from it, a helicopter that looked like a Chinook flew above the hole and released ropes down to the floor.

Four well-geared people were brought down, and once they landed, they immediately took out their sub-machine guns and started firing.

Klein managed to avoid the gunfire again and becomes pissed. His plans were interrupted, but to him, he still had a lot of cards under his sleeve so his disappointed feeling went away instantly. He starts running towards the staircase that leads to the control room right above them and left the area.

Meanwhile, the four unknown soldiers started to search the area with hand signals, and one of them managed to find Nagisa.

"Shiota?!" It was Terasaka's voice. Though his face was entirely covered by a S.A.S. mask, his voice was clear enough to be recognized.

He picks up Nagisa from the rubble and carries him princess-carry.

"What the?!" However, as Terasaka observed Nagisa's body, he noticed some his wounds were healing really quick. He was surprised by it and ended up standing there like nothing's happening around him.

"Terasaka! Hurry and get Nagisa out of here!" One of the other three was a female's voice that called out to Terasaka.

It was Toka Yada's.

"Right, but something's different in Nagisa." Terasaka was hesitating because of his confusion.

"What do you mean??" Toka hastily asked.

"Well-" But before Terasaka could start explaining what was happening, Nagisa woke up and places a hand around his shoulder.

"Put me down." Nagisa muttered as his face was bent down but Terasaka heard him and does so.

Nagisa was still having a blurry vision and he couldn't balance himself yet, so he held onto Terasaka and asked if is it really him.

"Yo!" Terasaka removed his mask and greeted Nagisa with a grin. The other three also took theirs away and they were revealed to be Toka, Kimura and Okajima.

"You guys." Nagisa was astonished but he was instantly relieved when he realized they came for them before everything were too late.

Moments later, more and more people from the helicopter right above the hole on the roof sent more people down to the ground, and it was the whole class 3E that came.

"But seriously, how are you doing that? It's kinda creepy." As Terasaka stared at one of Nagisa's cuts healing itself, he asked him this.

"I can explain later. But right now..
Karma. They need help." Nagisa said as he was still recovering from the dizziness.

Terasaka figured out what Nagisa meant and looks at Kataoka that just had entered the field. Kataoka receives Terasaka's nod and nods back.

"Everyone, let's find them!" Kataoka gave out the orders with a strict lady-like voice. That's the former vice-president for ya.

"Right!" Everyone else that had their hands free for the time being participated in the search and managed to find them just nearby the staircase that leads to the second floor

They were in pretty bad shape so they cooperated in carrying them by two-man-cell.

(A/N: That means each of them were carried by two people.)

"Kanzaki! Thank goodness! I was really worried!" Kurahashi hugs an injured Kanzaki and cries at her shoulder.

"Is that you, Hina-chan?" Kanzaki returns the hug.

"Man, I never thought I'd be glad to see you." Sugino said to Suguya while he was carried by both him and Muramatsu.

"Must be harder to do this on your own." Muramatsu stated to him.

"How's your leg?" Itona kneels down and asks Nakamura that was still sitting down on a pile of rubble.

"It hurts, but I'll manage it somehow." Nakamura tries to make a brave face, but this was seen as a farce by Terasaka once again.

"You okay, guys?" Sumire asks Maehara and Isogai that were being carried where they were being gathered.

"We managed to survive that explosion somehow." Isogai remarked.

"Nah, we were lucky." Followed by Maehara.

"Are you feeling okay, Okuda-chan?" Hinata asks Okuda that was being brought with a stretcher.

"Mm~ I'm okay." She nods with a smile and said.

"Whoa! Take it easy, Karma!" Karma was trying to stand up by himself but he was still wounded and was luckily caught by Yoshida.

Karma was breathing heavily and was on his knees, trying to recover.

"How did you guys manage to find us anyway?" Nagisa walks in and asks everyone.

"Well, with Ritsu's help, it was just a piece of cake." Kataoka answered Nagisa.

"It wasn't just me! If it weren't for those kids, I wouldn't have traced this location since there was a large satellite jammer on this field." Ritsu spoke through the smartphone Takebayashi was carrying.

Everyone smiled in relief to Ritsu's opinion. But one statement from her made Nagisa notice something.

"Wait, did you say kids?" Nagisa asked what was in his mind as soon as he noticed it.

"Hmm~ Hmm~ Hmm~ Grace before us, Nagisa-sensei!" A young voice spoke out of nowhere.

"Ah! It's you guys!" Nagisa was surprised. It was Stella, Aoba and the other students from the Assassins' club.

"W-w-wait!? Why am I in front?! It's embarrassing!" Stella suddenly turns red and turns around, hiding behind the club president, Aoba.

"Uhh, hehe... Thanks for all your hard work, senpais." Aoba ignores Stella's reaction and smiles in front of everyone.

"What are you guys doing here?? It's dangerous!" Nagisa ran towards them and tells them this.

"Huh? So that's how you're treating us now, sensei?" Ivan places his hands behinds his head and said this with a slight of a blush on his face.

"Oh, how mean! After everything we did to get us here!" Hikari squeals and places both of her hands on her face.

"Sensei never changes, does he?" Natsumi follows then.

"You should've been grateful because we came for your rescue." Eren says embarrassingly so he turns away as he said this.

"Sensei is mean." Eriko tilts his body to the right while...

"Sensei is a big dummy." Erika tilts at the opposite side.

Nagisa was soaking in huge damage and was offended, but he tries to remain calm and tell his students what an adult and a teacher has to say.

"Yeah, but it's just like what I told you! It's dangerous!" Nagisa scolds them again.

But he was interrupted by their two advisers.

"Don't worry. They're under the protection of the Japanese Self Defense Force."

"You heard him right."

"Mr. Karasuma! Ms. Irina!" Nagisa said in surprise as the two of them walked towards them.

By what Mr. Karasuma meant about the Japanese Self Defense Force, he meant 'both of them'.

"Good work everyone. Though we came in late, but thanks for the information to these kids, we managed to prevent Nagisa's squad from being wiped out." Karasuma still had resentments at Nagisa since he was disobeying orders and went here with a smaller group. He glares at Nagisa with an intense impression, but Nagisa didn't mind and glared right back.

"I guess this is a lesson for you. Taking a small group and rushed to suicide yourselves, that's just completely absurd." Karasuma's voice was also cold-ish. He kept glaring at Nagisa and tells him this.

Nagisa and the rest weren't saying a word. They know that what Mr. Karasuma was saying was correct, but they just couldn't bring themselves to defend Nagisa's stance.

However, unexpectedly...

"But I'm really glad that all of you are still in one piece." Mr. Karasuma places a hand on Nagisa's shoulder and tells him the opposite thing.

Everyone, were of course, shocked at Karasuma's unusual behavior, but seeing him like that, they all just went and laughed with it.

"Nagisa?" In the midst of everyone's laughter and Mr. Karasuma's first time ever to blush, Karma interferes and calls Nagisa's name.

"Where's Kayano-chan?"

At the sudden name being brought up, Nagisa was instantly filled with extreme worry. His eyes show a little bit of fear, and he immediately turns around, running back towards where Kayano was.

He ran without minding his recovery, and didn't even gave a damn about his breath.

"Kayano!!" He shouts the name of the person that was been hurt by the man he thought he could have his respects to.

Because since he was the man Kayano was marrying to, he thought he could trust him. But he figured out that it was wrong, and now, he has to pay for what he has done to her.

"Kayano!!" Nagisa shouts again, and finally catches a glimpse of Kayano that was still hanged on the torture wheel.

He used an iron knife to cut the cuffs on her hands and on her feet, and he catches him just as she was about to fall.

She was unconscious. But other than that, Nagisa felt how badly injured she was when he touched her face and her skin.

He was crying. He thought she was dying. But when he checked her pulse, she was still alive and breathing.

"Thank goodness! Thank goodness! Kayano!" Nagisa hugged her dearly. He pulled her into his arms and cried on her shoulder.

He was instantly brought with a wave of relief and cries happily for he finally managed to save Kayano.

The rest of his former classmates, former advisers and his students were all watching the lovely-reunion moment. The kids thought that these things only happen on TV, but seeing it in real life, they were also brought into tears of joy.

Everyone else smiled. They finally succeeded on their mission.

...

...

...

...

...

But it was all far from over.

"NAGISA!! LOOK OUT!!! Karma suddenly shouts when he noticed something moving from the darkness behind Kayano. It wasn't that clear, but he knew that it was an attempt.

Nagisa was interrupted and looks at Karma surprised and confused.

But all of a sudden.

"!?!?!?!?!"

An unknown tragedy emerged before him. He suddenly felt enormous pain through his body. Blood came out from his mouth, and he tried to look at what caused it.

It was a dark tentacle. It pierced through Nagisa's ribs and impaled him. He was rapidly losing a lot of blood, which can make him unconscious in a matter of minutes.

But before he does, he looks back at Kayano in front of him once more.

Shocked and frightened, he sees Kayano lifting her head up, and her eyes lit up with reddish glow. She glares at Nagisa with a full intent to kill him, like her bloodlust was completely out of control and makes an evil smile on her precious face.

In that moment, Nagisa realized that Kayano had turned into a monster.

"Ka... ya... no..."

"NAGISAAAAAAA!!!"

---

End of Chapter 48

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 798 16
The first time Gendry walks through the gates of Winterfell, Arya didn't even talk to him. She had her reasons for that. Mostly because it was an ove...
5K 983 67
MBMMS Meet these two characters who have their own perspective. He hate her but she loves him. Brylle Tyre Dechaves is suffering from Philiphobia (f...
11.7K 518 21
The third instalment of the Luffy x Hancock series Trilogy but can be read as a Standalone Set in the Movie Stampede, Hancock is invited to the Pira...
5.2K 136 21
What if Eren and Mikasa swapped genders? Would Eren have to act like Mikasa? Would they tell their friends? Would the others understand? How would th...